Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010

Cedrus Libani 4.45 Ludlow Course and distance winner and that was here just 29 days ago in a similar class 5 hunters chase when winning by 13 lengths. Did not beat much (4 of the field pulled up, others poor ratings) but beat Predateur and likely to hold that form. Murphys Cardinal is other main rival but has no course form and seems to need a trip 3m+. I'd rtaher side with a horse in form despite beting a poor field and feel Cedrus Libani will be the one to follow up tomorrow. Won on gd-sft but ideally would prefer good ground, lots of rain may see it as a non runner.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 7.50 Kempton Caprio 1pt win @ 3/1 Bet365 BOG He has recorded several wins over this distance and at this course and has been very consistent in his races lately. Second last time out in this class of race, he had Lucky Redback behind in this race and meets him again today on the same terms (Jake The Snake also behind). Caprio has 3 wins/ 4 places from 9 races here at Kempton and should put in another good effort today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 8.50 Kempton - Tifoso 1pt EACH WAY @ 33/1 with Stan James This is a Class 6 Handicap run over 1 1/2 Miles. In all honesty, this is a poor looking contest that won't take much winning. The horse I am backing here is number 11 TIFOSO. This horse is now trained by Richard Guest and will be ridden today by Paul Eddery. Tifoso was successful over hurdles in France, before moving over here to the Alan King stable. The horse had problems and only ran twice, where in all truth he didn't show too much. He then moved to Richard Guest. His first run for the new stable was also over hurdles, where he finished 5th of 8 at Huntingdon. The horse is lightly raced, will have needed time to settle into his new surroundings, and it's quite possible there is better to come. The fact Richard Guest now decides to send him back to the Flat on the All Weather looks interesting. His Sire is an American bred horse, the progeny of which have a reasonable record on the All Weather. Although we clearly have to take his ability to handle these conditions on trust, there are certainly reasons for optimism. The fact connections revert to the All Weather so quickly, could well be worth noting. Clearly there are lots of doubts surrounding this horse, and it could well be that he simply doesn't take to the surface and runs no race. However, with reasons to be optimistic, it could well be that he does take to the surface. If he does, then he could go well here in what is a very weak looking contest. This looks like one of those occasions where he could either bolt in or be tailed off. Clearly those sorts of selections are risky propositions, so the price needs to reflect this. Tifoso certainly wouldn't be a horse you would want to be taking a short price about. However, at the prices available today, he could just be worth chancing each way, in what is a very weak and open looking contest.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 2:40 Ayr - Noble Alan - Back So this is one of the most unoriginal naps of all time, but due to lack of time and poor raing all round, i just wanted a banker. He should win this with any amount in hand possibly not even coming off the bridle. I also want to end a jinx. Have used the word bombproof 3 times and all 3 times i've lost. This one truly is bombproof, hence the price. Really should hack up 1pt win @ 1/6 Bet365 BOG please

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 Ayr 4:25. Beidh Tine Anseo. 1 point LAY (2.75 Ladbrokes) This is a moderate Handicap Hurdle, which won't take much winning. The selection has been backed down to short-priced favourite. This is largely based on his flat form in Ireland rather than the mediocre form in his 3 races over jumps. He did win twice in Ireland, but those were over 7f and 10f. Whilst he hasn't got a lot to beat in this race, in each of his 3 runs over timber he has suggested to me that he doesn't really stay the distance required. With him also having been off the course for 118 days and possibly needing the race, I think there is value in opposing him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 Ludlow 2 00pm Bundle Up 1pt lay A few in this race i like and are at good odds and hold imv good form to go on today and win this race,the lay has some good factors in its running but v the field and the 2 horses that stand out for me is going to find this hard,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 Ludlow 2.00 : Blacktoft Blacktoft carries top weight in this novice claimer and if anything like his best should win this, has had a break but the stable are firing again after a lean spell. The market dangers Bundle Up and Vincenzio are in their grade and just think Blacktoft is better than this level. Has broken blood vessels so best to catch him first time out after a break. 3/1 VC Bet bog

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 15:50 Ayr Yankee Holiday has been raised 5lbs for his win at the course LTO over a shorter trip of 1 furlong. He trailblazed the field that day and won by over 4 lengths whilst still staying on so the extra furlong today should not pose much of a problem. I think he can do the same again here today if he adopts the same style of running. He may have a bit of competition up front this time with two others in the race who have tended to take up the running in previous races but they have also switched tactics from time to time so he may get an easy lead. Paul Gallagher won on him LTO and he takes off 7lbs once again to lighten the load. Panthers Run may be interesting having had his first run in around 4 and a half months just 14 days ago, that run may have been used to blow any cobwebs away and he has the beating of my selection in October 2009, there is only a 1lb reverse in the weights today so he could have a good chance in this race at a nice price. Snowy is a course winner that could also go well at a nice price but I will be siding with Yankee Holiday to lead all the way once again. 1pt win Yankee Holiday @ 4/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 5.50 Kemp - Dr Mathias - EW at 8/1 BOG with Stan James Drops into claiming company after a decent run in a handicap where he was well there until weakening at the finish. That was his first run for a few months and he might just have needed a run I've been looking at trainers on the AW and PD Evans has lots of runners and runs his horses every week on average but he doesn't have many winners coming off a break (on the basis of my limited research). I think he gets them fit by racing them, so i expect his horses to come on a bit for a run

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 7.50 Kempton: Cry of Freedom 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG One time 2yo listed winner who showed little as a 3yo and even less on two starts this year including over C&D LTO. Has plummeted down the weights as a consequence and this the weakest handicap company the horse has face yet so from a mark of 78 could be very well handicapped if putting best foot forward. The money looked to be down LTO when backed in from 12s to 7/1 so perhaps better was expected. Looks a decent speculative bet in any case and i'm willing to take a chance for the in-form Johnston stable.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 kokkokila 4.10 Ludlow. 1 pt win. brought down on debut but showed worthy of following next time up and can improve on that. trip and ground shouldnt be a concern and the standard set wouldnt be impossible to achieve.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 PICTURE THIS 4.35 Chepstow. 1 point win. Shown enough to be competitive today, and with the chance of coming on from his recent run, he has every chance of a win. I think this track, trip and ground will suit and so looks worthy of a bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thursday 25th March 2010 7.50 Kempton Lucky Redback is probably worth another chance after clearly undone by a muddling pace last time out and is sure to improve for another run under his belt, he was impressive on penultimate start off a 3lb lower mark blinkers are fitted today which should be an improvement as he clearly isnt an easy ride often looks hard work to get going at time. Dinner date would be extreme interest if all 8 runners go to post for e/w purpose always runs solid races around here. 1pt win Lucky redback 7/2 vcbet bog