** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Rio's Racing Diary

I ran my flat & jumps threads in here for a few years up to 2008 when I started my "Flying Dutchman" thread in the ATR Systems forum. This rather took over my time & after a promising start & a profit on the first flat season last years flat was a disaster. By the end my confidence was shot to bits & I decided to take a break. Having mulled things over during the Winter I'm going to return to this forum, not so much in the format of before where I put up my bets, with reasoning & I was one of the first to do this but more like a diary. Last year I went racing more than ever & on stable vists, Got one next week in fact & I thought some of my ramblings about this side of the game might be of interest. Having taken almost a total break from backing the horses it's now time to climb back on top & what better place to start. 16th March I have had the odd bet but only one that I'd call a true ante-post wager, I'll come to that in a bit but first the other week I was asked a question. It was on Aon chase day & the question was "which of the hot pots is going to fail today" The chap who asked me this thought there was always one that let down the short price Accy. On this occasion it was Denman, the others being Diamond Harry, Master Minded & Long Run, the latter at Warwick. On that basis which of Dunguib (evs) Master Minded (10/11) Big Bucks (8/13) & Kauto Star (8/11) is going to let down the 9.65/1 4 timer at the best prices as shown. It's rare for me to back at under 2/1 but never at odds on so I woudn't have any of them, however the one who's not done it before is Dunguib. He's won his races over hurdles with ease but they were small fields & his jumping was not great. The likely stronger pace here could see him jump better, then again it might go the other way. The jockeys not been round here either which is a worry so he'd be the one I'd want to take on. Get Me Out of Here arrives here from the unusual route of the Totesport Trophy but is clearly smart & still improving. The trends favour an Irish trained last time out winner with two or fewer runs over hurdles. Willie Mullin's has won this before & Blackstairmountain fits the profile with the added bonus of Ruby Walsh on top, he'll do for me. Bet. Blackstairmountain 15pts @ 15.0 Betfair. Arkle Chase This is the one proper ante-post bet I mentioned, I have had a couple of others but that was after the bookies went NRNB. The horse in question is Riverside Theatre. He was most impressive when he won at Kempton at Xmas jumping well & I just liked the look of him. Bet. Riverside Theatre 10pts @ 19.0 Betfair. William Hill Trophy The trends here say ditch anything with 11st, the highest rated winner was on 143 & 8 from 10 won at a single figure price. That would give a shortlist of Bensalem & the Package. Of the pair the trainer thinks that Bensalem is well handicapped (now theres a novelty) & will be suited by the conditions. He can throw in a dodgy jump but the run LTO when second to Diamond Harry at Newbury looks decent form & he's worth a go. Bet. Bensalem 30pts @ 11/2 Paddy Power BOG. Champion Hurdle I studied this race using the method I mentioned earlier & arrived at a shortlist of Solwhit, Binocular & Go Native. Of those I favour Solwhit most apart from the scare after his bad scope last week he for me has the best form having won 5 Grade 1's in his last 6 starts the one blob being the third in the false run Flighting Fifth. Looking at it last years race now looks a bit sub standard the principals having hardly set the world alight since. Binocular has had problems that nearly ruled him out as well & Go Native has one short finishing kick which will need to be timed to perfection, the record of Xmas Hurdle winners is ropey too. Of the rest Kyber Kim might need it softer & Zaynar might need a bit further. I was going to leave this but the price of Solwhit on Betfair means he must be backed. Bet. Solwhit 30pts @ 9.0 Betfair. The other two races are of no interest betting wise. The other ante-post bets I have are Peddlers Cross tomorrow & Salut Flo in the last on Friday but more about that then. Good luck as always, Rio.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Thanks Stu. Little bit disappointed with yesterday, especially Riverside Theatre & Bensalem was still in with a shout till he tipped up two out. I'll do a profit/loss at the end of the week. 17 March. 1.30 Synchronised fits the trends of age, placed LTO, 3/4 starts over fences & is trained by jonjo who's won 4 of the last 8 runnings. Likely to start fav & the one negative is the record of the market leader but you can't have everything. Bet. Synchronised 30pts @ 7/1 Stan James BOG. 2.05 At the end of 2008 I joined a racing club & I've had a great time. Stable vists, racing with owners privileges & I've been to tracks I've never been to before, even went to France. In November the club had a day at Haydock & before racing a panel of experts gave their thoughts on the days racing. One of them was Donald McCain & he had a FTO runner in the bumper called Peddlers Cross. The horse had cost £100k & they thought he could be quite good, he won that day & has won twice since by 21l & 16l, the latter also at Haydock was a grade 2. I've been following him & was going to back him for the festival but hung fire till last week when the bookies went NRNB as it was not certain if he was going for the Supreme instead of today. Anyway I had a bet last week & have had a bit more this morning. Plenty of dangers but I have everything crossed. Bets. Peddlers Cross 30pts @ 9/1 VC bet & 20pts @ 13/2 Stan James BOG. 2.40 I have three strong fancies for the week, what I'd call maximum bet material, two run Friday the first here. Having used the VDW method I have a shortlist of Punchestowns, Long Run & Burton Port. The one for me is Long Run, I think he is the next big thing. I was at Warwick for his last run & he was impressive dropped back in trip as they were thinking of going for the Arkle & I think Henderson want to win this with Punchestowns. However I think this will be Long Runs trip, he's won over this far at Kempton on his British debut. I'm not worried about the jockey he can ride ok, the one doubt would be the undulating track but if he can get settled he should be fine. Only one firm were going 9/4 last night so I took that but there was a bit of 5/2 this morning but thats gone now. Bet. Long Run 100pts @ 9/4 Sportingbet. I'll give the QM a miss. 4.00 Looking for a LTO winner, not too many runs this season & off a low weight, the Irish need respecting too. The one I've gone for is Hampshire Express who's now had two runs for Willie Mullin's & won his last start. Could be more to come & he's at the right end of the weights. Got a good price last night on Betfair. Bet. Hampshire Express 10pts @ 32.0 Betfair. 4.40 This is the other way with the higher weighted types the ones to look at. The form of Nous de la Tour looks good with the one he beat on his last run at Plumpton in early Jan just getting touched of in a big final at Sandown on Saturday. However he's ex French & might want a bit more cut. the one I've gone for is another Irish raider Son Amix who bolted up by 28l on his last run & is a fair price. Bet. Son Amix 12pts @ 19.5 Betfair. GL, Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 That was a better day with Peddlers Cross winning & the others running ok apart from Hampshire Express. 18th March 1.30 This has only been run 5 times but all the winners carried less than 11st, were rated 133 to 135 & finished in the first two LTO with only one a double figure price, 8yo+ no wins. The bottom two are on 135 & both were in the first two LTO but Kings Forest would need a big step up in form & Geraghty is on the other Henderson horse. Rivaliste is on 137 & fits the other trends. Just got nabbed on the line at Sandown in December & looks like he's been put away for this. Similar profile to Nicholls winner of this last year Chapoturgeon & must run well. Bet. Rivaliste 30pts @ 7/1 Bet365 BOG. 2.40 I've run the VDW method over this & it has thrown up a real rarity, a 4star selection at a monster price. The two on the shortlist are Jack the Giant & Petit Robin. I think this is too far for Petit Robin but Jack the Giant looked a horse going places over fences till injury stopped him. Most of his form is at 2m but he has won at 2m 4f & here over hurdles & is suited by conditions. He has to be worth a small bet at the prices. Bet. Jack the Giant 10pts @ 36.0 to win & 5pts @ 9.0 to place Betfair. 4.00 The one here that fits the trends & looks to have been kept fresh for this is the Ferdy Murphy trained Watch my Back. He won well at Doncaster when last seen & is worth an interest on what is generally the most low key of the 4 days. Bet. Watch my Back 20pts @ 10.5 Betfair. GL, Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 A quiet day yesterday with nothing to come, Jack the Giant ran quite well till it caught up with him late on. 19th March This was the day I was most looking forward to with 2 strong fancies & an ante-post in the last. That one was Salut Flo but he hasn't made the cut, even with 3 NR's he still would have missed out by 1. At least it was a NRNB. 1.30 The first of the strong fancies is Alaivan who's won 2 of his 3 starts in good style. In between he pulled far too hard at Leopardstown & was beaten by Carlito Brigante who is in here as well. He settled much better LTO & he should be able to get covered up today. He's a listed winner on the flat at 12f & while that also was on testing ground the faster surface today should be no problem. Plenty of runners but the only other one who's shown anything near the form for this so far is Soldatino who won well at Kempton LTO. Bet. Alaivan 100pts @ 9/2 Sportingbet. 2.05 I was going to leave the rest of the card alone, apart from the first & the Albert Bartlett but I needed something for the tipping comp. So having looked at this first the pins landed on Dee Ee Williams who fits into the ratings band, has the right sort of weight & if you go back through his form he has one or two decent runs in there including a short head second to Medermit at Ascot & a length second to Binocular 2 runs back albeit a 3 runner event. Anyway I've had a small bet on him but missed the 33's & 40/1 early doors. Bet. Dee Ee Williams 10pts @ 30.0 Betfair. 2.40 The other one I really like is Tell Massini who is unbeaten in 3 hurdle starts, 2 of them round here the latter at this trip. I was at Doncaster the last time he ran & was most impressed, a couple of those behind him Bygones of Brid & the Minack have won since & the former has some decent form. He looks to have been kept fresh for this, the one small doubt is the faster ground but he should be ok. Bets. Tell Massini 100pts @ 9/2 Bet365 BOG. Tell Massini & Alaivan 50pt double both 9/2 Sportingbet. The Gold Cup is one to watch only for me. 4.00 The trends say 10yo & younger, won LTO & has won under rules. Therefore.... Bet. Sericina 10pts @ 12/1 Corals BOG. 4.40 Meath All Star was with Willie Mullin's & had ran in the bumper here last year. Now with Gordan Elliott he won nicely at Fos Las 2 runs back when one of the racing clubs horses was behind him. He won again at Wincanton 7 days ago & the 5lb pen gets him in here, the lad on his back rode him last week & takes off 8lb. Ground & trip are fine & he's worth a small punt. Bet. Meath All Star 10pts @ 14/1 Corals BOG. As always Good Luck, Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 20th March As always a great weeks racing but not so much on the punting front. To tidy up the figures first. Winners/bets 1/16 Staked 597pts Returns 460pts P/L -137pts Good job Peddlers Cross won or that would have been painful. The major disappointment of the week was Tell Massini, just as his stamina should have been coming into play he folded up tamely. The other two max bets Long Run & Alaivan both ran ok. Finding the a winner in the handicaps gets harder, well for me anyway & I must make a note not to get involved next year. I've had a look at todays racing & decided I'll pass. The club has a runner at Carlisle tomorrow but I've been talked into working tonight so I'll give that a miss. I'll have a bet on the footy & leave the horses now till Aintree. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Good God it worked!!!! This is Manor House Stables in Cheshire which is of course Michael Owen's place. He's gone in with Bert Black who founded Betfair & Tom Dascombe is now the trainer having moved up from Lambourn. Tom trained some fillies for the club last year that were leased from Mr Black & he's got a couple of 2yo's for the club again this year. His assistant took us round the stables & gave us the rundown on some of the horses, I'll put a list here of some of what he told us, I'll be backing them but of course if you join in thats up to you. I'll put some more pics up as well after. Older horses Blue Jack 5yo g Will be in all the big sprint handicaps but will need a run or two to get him spot on. Jonny Mudball 4yo c Is in at Donny on Sunday & is expected to run well. Marine Boy 4yo g Ponty in April has been pencilled in for this one. Prince of Dance 4yo c This is the stable star at the moment. Didn't run as a 2yo but won his maiden at Newbury in May & then had a minor setback. Won a Salisbury handicap & a Listed race at Newmarket at the backend of the season. the Group 2 Sandown Mile is the first target & then the Lockinge, wouldn't want the ground too fast though. Una Pelota 4yo g Is in at Wolverhampton on Monday & is expected to run well. 3yo's Classic Colori 3yo c They're looking at starting off at Kempton a week tomorrow, if he wins there then the Craven meeting & the the French 2000 cos he also wouldn't want fast ground. Party Doctor 3yo c Is still a maiden but has run well in some top 2yo events & is off 109 & there won't be many maidens rated higher. Adel Blanc Sec 3yo f Likely to race mainly in France as she qualifys for the breeders bonus of 75% if she wins there. Transvaal Sky 3yo f Apparently she is the best handicapped horse in the yard. 2yo's Ankh 2yo f By Cape Cross, Tom says shes a machine. Countless Ellen 2yo f Is the "Queen Mary" horse so she'd have to run well before then. Wolf slayer 2yo f Nice type by Dikat Coconut Ice 2yo f Is one of the club horses & is very forward, so much so she is going to Lingfield on Monday & all being well so am I. I'll put up couple of pics of her. Press Release 2yo c This is the other club horse & he's by Elnadim. He has a great big neck & as Tom put it a big arse, he looks a sprinter. He's a few weeks behind the filly. Unnamed 2yo c This ones by Ad Valorem out of Gladstone Street, not that I claim to know what I'm looking at but he looked nice to me. I'll be watching to see what they call him. It's a nice set up, theres a brand new 5f straight aw gallop. Boxes for 89 horses in the main yard with about another 20 in a small satellite yard & theres another barn going up soon. I like Tom he tells it how it is & I hope things really take off for the yard. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 28th March I'm a bit miffed. On Friday evening I got an e-mail confirming I had a paddock place at Lingfield for tomorrow so I sorted myself an hotel out having decided I'd go down today & avoid the M25 on a Monday. Problem is she has been balloted out of the race, the safety limit is only 10 runners. My own fault I should have waited for the final decs, I won't do that again!!! Jonny Mudball runs in the 4.10 at Donny. He's only had the three starts & should be open to progress. Two of those runs were at Lingfield on the aw & this is his first go on soft ground so who knows? but his sire Oasis Dream gets winners on all going. I don't usually bet on the flat till the Guineas meeting but I'll have a small bet on the list horses & see how it goes. Bet. Jonny Mudball 20pts @ 3/1 Totesport BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 29th March As they got to the furlong marker Jonny Mudball had moved up through the field to challenge for the lead but then when asked for an effort couldn't quicken & he was sixth beaten about 2l. He should come on for the run & on faster going & I'll keep him on the list. Richard Fahey's hit the ground running with five winners at Donny although they had 16 runners, the club has a couple of horses with him too. Theres a stable vist on April 11th but I can't get off work that day :\ I've asked one of the other members to keep me informed of any news that might be forthcoming. I'll keep the Dascombe list on a seperate profit/loss. T D List W/R 0/1 Stakes 20pts Returns 0pts P/L -20pts Una Pelota runs in the 3.20 at Wolves & we were told he is expected to go close. Had three runs last year & showed some promise & this is his first run for the yard. When I looked about an hour ago he was best priced 3/1 & a touch longer on the exchange. However just as I decided to back him the price went. I managed to get 11/4 but he's now best priced at 5/2 & as low as 2's, anyway we'll see what happens. Bet. Una Pelota 30pts @ 11/4 Stan James BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 April 3rd Una Pelota seemed to be in contention as they turned into the straight but could only come home 7th beaten about 7l. News from the yard is some of the 2yo's are not 100% after blood tests. Coconut Ice has been entered at Ffos Las on Tuesday but is unlikely to run & a race at Lingfield next Saturday is being mentioned, although as I'm working Thursday to Sunday I'm hoping they wait a bit longer. With this news & the way the first two from the list have run I'm a bit wary of Classic Colori who runs as suggested at Kempton today. If he is to go to the Craven meeting & the French 2000 he'd have to win this & at least he won 2 weeks ago, a Listed race over 7f at Lingfield & the step up to a mile should be in his favour. He's generally 3/1 second fav but Skybet are 7/2 & I'm tempted to have an interest but I think I'll leave it alone. Salut Flo the horse I had in the Grand Annual that didn't make the cut is out today in the new valuable chase at Haydock. He's up 14lb for his impressive win at Donny but is still off a fair mark on 132 & a nice racing weight of 10st 13lb. David Pipe has a column in the Mirror & reading that rather puts me off as they seem to think he would prefer it faster although he has won on heavy in France. At a general 11/4 I don't think theres enough in the price to tempt me to invest here either. Theres a small chance we might have a runner at Nottingham on Wednesday but it would need quite a few to come out. I've not been there & it's not that far for me so I'm hoping he sneaks in the race. Other than that it's Aintree up next although as I say I'm working & can't get it off. T D List W/R 0/2 Stakes 50pts Returns 0pts P/L -50pts Rio.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 After a quiet spell it's off to Thirsk today to see Coconut Ice make her debut. She was in at Newmarket yesterday & at Beverley on Weds & that race divided & the vibe is that might now have been the better option. Just 3 of todays runners have ran & all have won with the Fahey runner Arctic Feeling looking useful. The draw in stall 1 is not ideal either & the stable apprentice Ross Atkinson is on top to claim his 5lb off. We'll see how she gets on, so long as they come back in one piece to start with will do as we've just been told one of our other horses as had to be retired after doing a ligament. Not been to Thirsk for years so I'm looking forward to it. Blue Jack runs at Newbury but we were told he'd need a run or two to get him right & I won't be backing him today. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 That was a most encouraging first run from Coconut Ice yesterday. She broke well & despite running green & looking at the crowd she kept on for third beaten about 4.5l. She was getting plenty of weight from the front two but they both look quite useful & the winner may go to the Lily Agnes at Chester next. She'll improve for the run & a fillies maiden should be well within her scope. It was a glorious day, more like a decent Summer day & I hope we're not going to follow the pattern of the last two or three years where most of the good weather came early & the Summer was rubbish. I managed a decent priced winner which paid for the day out too. The one fly in the ointment was spotting that Blue Jack had won at Newbury at 10/1 having apparently been backed in from 16's!!! It looks like I've missed the boat with this one, I just know if I back it now it won't win, ah well :eyes This is Coconut Ice in the parade ring. Rio.

post-484-14429283495095_thumb.jpg

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Saturday could be a busy day for the club as we have four horses entered all over the Country & I'm told the intention is for all of them to run. Coconut Ice is in a fillies maiden at Ripon, the conditions of the race have her giving at least 2lb to the rest & it looks like Ross Atkinson will be taking his 5lb claim off again. The other 2yo with Tom Dascombe is Press Release & he's in at Leicester. I was torn between which one to go to but have put Ripon up as first choice & I'll have to find a telly. Also at Leicester is the 7yo sprinter Sunrise Safari who's with Richard Fahey. He ran 14 times for the club last season, winning at Ponty & being placed as well. He needs things to fall for him & doesn't like been in a crowd scene so a wide, flat galloping track is best. His aim is a race at Donny a week on Saturday so this would put him spot on for that. Also with Richard Fahey is Arabian Spirit who's in at Sandown but also Haydock & is more likely to run there instead. He was with Ed Dunlop last season & was an excellent second in the Spring Cup at Newbury this time last year but then lost his way. We're hoping the move will see him return to form & he can go for some of the better 7f/mile handicaps although his best form is on ground with a bit of juice. Since the turn of the year I've been trialing a system for Saturdays only, no reason why it couldn't be used on other days but so far I've just looked at Saturday. From this week I'm going to post selections on here although there will be one Saturday in five when I'm working so I won't be able to post. It's a very simple system based on selections from a national newspaper & then cross referenced to Raceform which gives me one to three horses each week. These will be short priced favourites, although there will be no odds on shots. I'm going to use a staking plan which I came across a while back, it's unusual in that it doesn't need a bank but ends up (hopefully) creating one. Each week the same amount is staked, for this system we'll call it 4pts. If I have the maximum three selections I'll stake a 1pt Trixie. Two selections will be 2 x 1.5pt singles & 1pt double. If there is only one choice then it will be a 4pt single. After a win half the return is banked & the other half is divided by five & added to the standard 4pt stake for the next five weeks. For example If I stake 4pts on a 6/4 winner the return is 10pts, 5pts goes to the bank & the other 5pts when divided would add 1pt to the 4pt stake for the next five weeks. This happens after each return so in a winning run stakes will rise while not risking any more than the initial 4pts each week & half the return is banked. It seems to work in trial so I'll see how it goes from this week. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Arabian Spirit misses both races he was in today, he needs a bit longer & the ground was too fast for him anyway. The other three all run. Sunrise Safari is in the first at Leicester, he'll come on for this & should be spot on for next Saturday at Donny. Beat the Bell will take some beating & has no pen for winning an apprentice event at Windsor. Press Release is in the second race at Leicester & is said to be working well at home apart from he's not that quick out of the practice stalls. The idea is to sharpen him up with a view to running in a maiden at the big Chester meeting the week after next. I've had a couple of small ew bets just in case at 14/1 & 12/1. Coconut Ice goes to Ripon & so am I. Lady Morganna is a non runner which leaves 8 runners. I'm a bit suprised shes the favourite although she is expected to improve for last weeks run & to go close. Meandmyshadow should run well but may be better over an extra furlong & the one I'd be most wary of is Molly Mylenis who looked a bit unlucky when carried right at Leicester on her last run. If she goes well today then Coconut Ice may also head to Chester. I've not backed her yet I think 13/8 is a bit short & I'll see what she is at the track. Ok now to start the new Saturday Favourite systems which this week gives two selections. Paco Boy 3.40 at Sandown & Laverre in the 5.10 at Ripon. So thats 2 x 1.5pt singles & a 1pt double = 4pts staked. I've got both at 6/4 for the singles & 11/8 & 6/4 was best odds for the double, all BOG. Right nearly time I was off. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010

No news on Una Pelota Rio? Runs 6:35 Haydock?
Sorry Spooner I didn't see your post till I returned from Ripon. If I do get any info or fancy any of the horses on the stable vist list I'll post it up but if I don't mention them then I haven't had any news or a bet. Prince of Dance ran in the Sandown Mile today for example & I didn't bet as I thought he'd have needed a bit of cut in the ground to beat Paco Boy. That was a strange old day, sat in the owners & trainers bar at Ripon cheering home Sunrise Safari at Leicester. The BOG gave me 20/1 too & there were a few long faces among our group because only a couple of us had backed him. Press Release didn't break very well & never got involved which was more expected, he'll come on for it hopefully. Coconut Ice ran well again & like last week wandered about a bit under pressure again. After the parade ring I managed to get a bet at 2/1 & couldn't believe it when just before the off she'd gone to 6/5. There was a thought that she'd maybe done a bit too much too early in the race but I don't know. She ought to win a maiden somewhere. The favourites system had a return of 3.75pts from Paco Boy, in the end the other selection was not the favourite & was well beaten by the new fav, early days. Half the return is banked & the rest divided by 5 & added to the next five weeks stakes. Fav System Bank 1.875pts Week 2 stake 4.375pts. Heres Coconut Ice before the race today. Rio.

post-484-14429283495818_thumb.jpg

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I'm a bit suprised that Sunrise Safari wasn't entered for Doncaster this evening but he's only gone up 3lb for his win at Leicester & I suppose if he had run he would have had more than that to carry with a penalty. The plan is to go to York next but I will be working :( Coconut Ice has been entered in the Lily Agnes but again I won't be able to go but if Press Release runs at Chester on the Thursday I will be looking to attend. This is usually the start of the flat for me in betting terms but other than a bet from the favourite system I'll not be playing & just watching. Blue Jack is up to Group 3 class in the Palace House but having missed him at Newbury I'm not getting involved today. I've said it before but the turn out for The Jockey Club Stakes is pathetic, a Group 2 with £100k added & a first prize of nearly £57k & there are 5 pretty ordinary runners, cue some owner or trainer bleating about the level of prize money. The Saturday favourite system had a possible six selections but is narrowed down to just the one, St Nicholas Abbey so he gets the whole stake of 4.375pts this week. Bet. St Nicholas Abbey 4.375pts @ 5/4 Bet365 BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Funny things systems, normally I wouldn't have backed St Nicholas Abbey at the price but if you don't!! Early days though. Fav System Bank 1.875pts Week 3 stake 4.375pts. Coconut Ice has been declared for the Lily Agnes tomorrow the thought is that she is well forward & could run well. I don't see why she would reverse the form with Bathwick Bear who beat her at Thirsk but what the hell. The draw in 7 of 8 runners wouldn't help either but she has come out of the stalls well & I've got everything crossed :hope I can't go tomorrow as I'm working :sad but I'll record it as it's on C4. I've had a small "just in case bet" at 7/1 each way with Bet365 BOG. Press release runs Thursday & it's hoped he'll come on for his first start. Now I can go Thursday & have had an e-mail telling me that not only have I got an owners badge I'll been invited to lunch with the Manor House crew beforehand!!! Best bib & tucker on then & I think I'll take the train. Never been to Chester races & it's ladies day, best take the camera. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Funny old start to the day yesterday, got to the train station to find that due to vandalism all sorts of trains were cancelled. Just when I was thinking I might have to dash home & get the car out one turned up to Manchester Piccadily & I managed to get there just in time. Cracking lunch before racing but the weather was poor & the ground had gone soft although it stayed pretty much dry during the races. Press Release ran a good race. He dived to the right out of the stalls & ran wide giving ground away but was up there till the last furlong or so & came sixth. He'll improve again & on a more straightforward track with a better start I think he can win a race. Some nice fillies on show on ladies day & a few sights as well & it was heaving. Didn't take many pictures but theres a couple here of the view over the winning post & Press Release in the pre parade ring. Didn't manage a winner but I enjoyed the day, the one low spot being the news that Coconut Ice had got loose at the yard that morning & crashed into a rail. She has a cut which needed about twenty stiches but they don't think its really serious & she'll need a few weeks off. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I have been working & am ready for bed so just this weeks fav bets Reggane 2.10 Lingfield Super Collider 4.20 Lingfield Significant Move 8.05 Thirsk Taken the 5/4 BOG Reggane the other two are at SP A Trixie then with a total stake of 4.375 pts. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 A busy week & no time to update last weeks favourite bet which had no return. I should be working today but have taken the day of to go to a birthday party so I can post todays bet. Fav System Bank 1.875pts Week 4 stake 4.375pts. Two selections this week. Thirsk 2.05 Yarooh Bangor 5.45 Ice Tea So thats two singles @ 1.64pts & a double & 1.09pts = 4.37pts rounded off. The bets on at 6/4 & 11/10 with Bet365 BOG. The club has two runners today but the previously mentioned commitment means I can't go. The 3yo filly Miss Zooter runs in the 4.15 at Newbury. She won her last race a maiden at Leicester in October & this is her first try in a handicap. The thought is that she has done well over the Winter & is fit enough to run a good race FTO here. The 7f should suit & she goes on fast ground. There could be any number of improvers in this but 14/1 is a fair price for a small bet. Bet. Miss Zooter 10pts ew @ 14/1 Hills BOG. The other one is Saharia in the 7.35 at Donny. He also won his last start a Wolverhampton maiden in early December which was a bit of a surprise, it was only his second start having been backward as a 2yo. After that he was gelded & put away for this year. The thought is he has been given quite a stiff mark & will need the run with a view to winning something later on. He's the favourite at around 4's on Oddschecker which doesn't tempt me at all & I'm not a layer so I'll leave alone. Press Release is entered next week & I'm off so I'll be looking to go. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Yarooh could only finish third despite being backed to odds on. Ice Tea won though & 1.64pts returned 3.444pts, half goes to the bank & the other half is divided by five & added to the next five weeks. Fav System Bank 3.597pts Week 5 stake 4.7194pts. Miss Zooter won at Newbury & a shade cosily it seems, I didn't see the race myself. It will be interesting to see how much she goes up for this & where to next. The 10pts ew returned 220pts at the sp of 16/1. Saharia ran a good race to come fourth, running out of steam close home as expected, he should go well next time. Press Release is declared at Musselburgh on Tuesday, there are only seven runners & he must have a chance but I have no news yet. I now have some time off so I am looking to make the trip up. The following day the club has a runner entered at Kelso called Marsool so I'm thinking of staying overnight & calling there on the way back home but the NH decs are still overnights & not two day like the flat so he may not run. I'll know more later. Rio.