PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10

morlspin

PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10  

1. 1.

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? Only one Eric in the tourny, so assuming Eric McKie is Galronix, he is still in as is Alan Steer (teaulc). :clap Dont know either Dave488's or Millber's names... so dont know if they are still in or not. 41 left according to the last update on the DTD site.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? SambaSamPa is Peter Norton....gone 88th Mowgli is Phil Woodward....gone 86th Fonzie14 is Steven Marskell.....gone 85th Milber is Mark Hicks...gone 65th Voice of Joe is Martyn Draycott...gone 52nd Jones12345 is Karl Jones...gone 47th Dave488 is John Hicks....gone 44th Galronix is Eric McKie....gone 35th

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? Personally didn't get many opportunities to accumulate chips hence the mid table finish but enjoyed the evening, and it was all for a good cause - but the structure was pretty fast. - On a positive note the Lasagne and Chips was well worth £5 Don't know how the team event ended up, we were in with a chance of 2nd place down to two tables, but with Paul (congrats on last man standing:eek) and Al (don't mention the last hand Al;), remember what the therapist said -No More Bad Beat stories) being knocked out before the final table I presumed we finished down the field. Thanks to Neil for organising the event, and PR for organising us:clap:clap

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? PLACE PLAYER PRIZE 1 Sean Swimby 2 Philip Rice 3 Steve Templar 4 Steven Bennett 5 Michael Neyland 6 Sharon Taylor 7 Francesco Fattori 8 Dean Pearson 9 John Mccarron A deal was made with 4 remaining, with sean swimby taking £484(garage poker) and philip rice, steve templar and steven bennett all taking £400.(all 3 poker player place) team event was won by poker players place and 2nd was eat my stack 1. poker players place 2. eat my stack 3. pokermk 4. punters lounge 5. shark poker school 6. poker.co.uk (gambling network) 7. garage poker (chorley poker league) 8. blonde poker 9. kracked kings the big winners were www.bliss.org.uk, who will recieve almost £1300 i'd like to thank all for coming and making it the success it was, very well played by pokerplayersplace and sean swimby for winning, the team event and the individual events. a huge thank you to simon trumper and the DTD staff, simon was truely awesome in running this event and helping raise as much as possible for BLISS on the night. for the players that have never been before, i am sure you will be itching to get back to DTD that has proved once again that it is europes premier poker room. also a very big thank you to barry neville for donating the signed uk and dutch team event shirts, which were auctioned off and raised a combined £240. thanks again barry it was very generous of you. lets hope we can do it again soon, it was great to meet you all. kind regards neil allen (geordieneil)

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? had a great evening and good to see everyone again, food was brill,well worth the £5. second helpings even :D tourney wise,structure was okay until they started jumping levels,then things got a bit frustrating. very disappointed with my exit hand,more so for the team than for myself and took an hour or so to get over it,although tried not to show it. glad the charity made so much cash which it was all about really, and thanks to Paul for the drinks :ok

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? Disappointed to be out so soon, I should have 4 bet pre-, live and learn, but good to meet those I hadn't met before and see those I had again. Thanks to those who made it possible, and glad Bliss made a nice bit of money out of the evening.

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? Funny as fcuk at breakfast. 8.30am - me, Fonzie and Galronix all munching away and then all of a sudden at full blast "Reet Petite" came on over the speakers. :lol Closely followed by Great Balls of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis) - 8.30am on a Sunday morning ffs! :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies? We should probably have discussed team tactics as me and Eric ended up against each other early doors. I raised with AK and he called. Flop was K-K-J, I bet, he raised all in (had less chips than me) and I called. I was going to say just call and check to the river if you're going to do anything but I can see why he went all in, he was holding K-J the swine. :wall I had him as having a King but not the jack to go with it. Last hand for me was 4-4, pushed and got called by A-K, other fella hit Ace on the flop and it was au revoir from me. Good to meet up with a few new fellas I haven't seen before and a few that I have. Felt a bit out of my depth at times as I'm more of a racing punter but don't think I played terribly, it just wasn't happening. Glad Bliss made plenty of money, just saw my entrance fee as a charity donation anyway. I think 4th as a team is very respectable, thanks to Paul and Alan bearing in mind the other regular poker players like Wasp, Morlspin, Geordiegaz etc didn't play for our team. Look forward to meeting up with Paul for the boxing on Saturday and then see some of you at Epsom in April. :ok

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies?

We should probably have discussed team tactics as me and Eric ended up against each other early doors. I raised with AK and he called. Flop was K-K-J, I bet, he raised all in (had less chips than me) and I called. I was going to say just call and check to the river if you're going to do anything but I can see why he went all in, he was holding K-J the swine. :wall I had him as having a King but not the jack to go with it. Last hand for me was 4-4, pushed and got called by A-K, other fella hit Ace on the flop and it was au revoir from me. Good to meet up with a few new fellas I haven't seen before and a few that I have. Felt a bit out of my depth at times as I'm more of a racing punter but don't think I played terribly, it just wasn't happening. Glad Bliss made plenty of money, just saw my entrance fee as a charity donation anyway. I think 4th as a team is very respectable, thanks to Paul and Alan bearing in mind the other regular poker players like Wasp, Morlspin, Geordiegaz etc didn't play for our team. Look forward to meeting up with Paul for the boxing on Saturday and then see some of you at Epsom in April. :ok
Team tactics are difficult though mate. It complicates things when you have one against the other and you both have a good hand - I think you just have to play it out. My game seems to suit a team event as I don't play hardly any hands until I think the blinds are worth nicking, then I start making moves.

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 - Who needs PL Hoodies?

Team tactics are difficult though mate. It complicates things when you have one against the other and you both have a good hand
I would say don't go over board on the betting or one person folds it is a TEAM event so you don't want to ko each other out. :ok

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 Well done PR and team and big up to Neil for raising a lot of money for a great charity. Sorry I never made it over but I had a stalking issue I had to deal with ;) Does anyone have an online link where I can donate some monies?

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10

hi all, i spoke to morlspin (greame) last night and he is interested in putting a team together to represent punter lounge in a forum game i am organising at DTD. i know its a bit short notice, but the event takes place at DTD poker club in Nottingham on saturday the 27th of march starting at 6pm. we have 2 or 3 spaces left, teams will consist of 10 players with a total buy in of £61 per man (£50+£6reg fee plus £5 buffet) it will all be dealer dealt. 10% of the prizepool will be donated to www.bliss.org.uk a charity that aids with the suffering caused by premature birth, a fantastic charity that helped a member of our team through difficult times. 30% will go to the winning team and 15% for 2nd, the other 45% will be paid as individual prizes according to the DTD payout structure, paying a final table of 9. we have 12 team places available with 9 already confirmed, so should be a cracking day of poker plus raising a nice few quid for BLISS. would be great if punters lounge can get a team together. regards geordieneil
There's a link in the original post quoted above from the thread in Tourneys.:ok

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 Great to meet everyone again, was getting plenty of cards early on in the tourney, qq twice and kk unfortunately everyone folded to my opening raise:eyes Then cards dried up and blinds caught up, got it in ahead but came out second unfortunatley. At least things when a little better on the cash tables with a straight flush and then later getting two callers when i pushed all in holding broadway which was the nuts at the time, luckily it stood up for a nice pot. Anyway glad to hear the charity did well out of the event and good night had by all.:ok

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 Great tournement and very well organised although it felt like playing in a turbo at times. Didn't seem to get much in the way of cards, apart from crippling Mowgli (sorry mate :$). One hand early on I played wrong trying to extract a bit more. Looked down at KK and flat called to see a flop of Q-7-Q, 2 of us and he raised to 600 which I called and a 7 came on the turn, I checked and he pushed all in so I folded. He did comment all he had was an ace but I'm sure he had a Q or a 7. :( Picked a bit up here and there and was supprised to finish 35th. Congrats to Paul "Top Dog" Ross :rollin on last man standing and 4th for the team was quite respectable. Well done team. :clap:clap:clap Nice to see Bliss getting a few quid. :ok

Funny as fcuk at breakfast. 8.30am - me, Fonzie and Galronix all munching away and then all of a sudden at full blast "Reet Petite" came on over the speakers. :lol Closely followed by Great Balls of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis) - 8.30am on a Sunday morning ffs! :rollin :rollin :rollin
Choked on my sausage I did. :loon
I would say don't go over board on the betting or one person folds it is a TEAM event so you don't want to ko each other out. :ok
Certainly something learnt from playing a team event and will be remembered if I get the oppertunity again. :ok

Re: PL in Charity Team Event at DTD 27/3/10 Good to see faces old and new at DTD, it was certainly played in the right spirit until some bloke on my table knocked his missus out with a full house against two pair, although it was highly entertaining:rollin:rollin. I went out with jj vs qq all in pre flop.