UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

heniek31

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

im surprised no one mentioned Marseille. they look very strong against Kobenhavn. Plus the stakes are good. I put my bet on the today. :clap:clap:clap ole ole ole marseille have been on a winning streak lately in France.
Winning streak?When? They won last game 2-1 vs Monaco,lost 3-1 to Lens,beat 5-1 Vallens, 1-1 draw Tolouse cup game,lost 2-0 to Montpllier. :eyes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised no one mentioned Marseille. they look very strong against Kobenhavn. Plus the stakes are good. I put my bet on the today. :clap:clap:clap ole ole ole marseille have been on a winning streak lately in France.
The third page of this very thread.
Two games stick out to me: Roma look great value at 2.47. They are in terrific form, coming off 9 (nine) straight wins! (12 wins and 2 draws in their last 14). Marseille @ 2.2? The league hasn't even started in Denmark yet, so Copenhagen shouldn't be in top match form yet.. Thoughts on these?
Your're right. Marseille does seem attractive and reading the comments from the Kopenhagen Captain, (who is absent for this game) I think they are looking at it in a way that suggests they might take anything they can get.

I never double-checked your info' date=' took it for granted and decided to stay away from the game - you are right that it looks very uncertain, and Valencia down to 1,72 is nowhere near attractive. Bar the odds in Hertha and Fulham everything in quiet in the last hour...[/quote'] Yeah, this is European football, so league form isn't always important, so right now, Valencia seem too short.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Hertha vs Benfica Selection Benfica Strength 10/10 Date 18/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00 (Back) Reasoning Really,I guess Hertha will not give too much importance for this meeting,they having more problems in 1.Bundesliga,being on last place here.Hertha played modest last 3 home matches in Bundesliga,obtaining only 3 consecutive draws.The hosts played very unpersuasive,so I expect Benfica to win here,especially as Benfica now crosses a good period,having great results last time.Saviola and Cardozo can be the decisive players tonight. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Fulham vs Shakhtar Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 18/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.31 (Back) Reasoning Certainly ,here we will see a very balanced match.In this meeting,I guess both teams have Equal Opportunities to win tonight.I know Fulham played last time well on own land,winning in Cup with 4-0 and in Premier League 3-0 with Burnley,but we can see they played with modest teams.Today will meet on Sahtior,a strong team with a very good coach,Mircea Lucescu.This coach knows very good to settle his team in defensive,but and Fulham have features similar From this point of view.The draw is the best choice here,Shakhtar would be satisifed with it.0-0 or 1-1 the correct score here. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Panathinaikos vs Roma Selection Panathinaikos Strength 10/10 Date 18/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.10 (Back) Reasoning I don't understand the odds here.Why are favorite the guests?Panathinaikos on own land are a strong team and they will have and the fans support.For to hope at qualification,the hosts must win here.And this is very possible.From guests will miss 2 very important strikers,such as Toni and Totti,the only striker for this match for Roma will be Vucinic.In this conditions,I think will be difficult for guests to score tonight.The hosts have players which can decide this match,such as Salpingidis,Karagounis,Katsouranis or Cisse,so I expect from them to have a good evolution.Really,the best choice for this meeting is home win. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Lille vs Fenerbahce Selection Lille Strength 10/10 Date 18/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.91 (Back) Reasoning Fenerbahce played in Turkey very unpersuasive in last stages here,obtaining only 2 points with 2 modest teams.Also,they was removed from Cup .The other side,Lille played well in Ligue 1,being on second place now here,yet with chances to win the title.The hosts ,especially on own land,are a very strong team,the strikers Gervinho,Hazard or Obraniak can be the decisive players tonight.Lille must win here,for to have chances for qualification,because in Turkey certainly they will have a difficult match.1 my bet. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Ajax Amst vs Juventus Selection Ajax Amst Strength 10/10 Date 18/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.70 (Back) Reasoning Juventus crosses a difficult period now.In Serie A they have last stages modest evolutions and now are on 6th place,at 7 points after first place for UCL.The atmosphere at club is overwhelming,so for Juventus tonight will be a difficult match.The other side,Ajax are in great form,winning last 3 consecutive matches in Netherland.The strikers from hosts played at full capacity and I expect and here to make a good job.Probably Juventus will hope for a draw,but I guess Ajax will win,having and the fans support.Ajax will try a victory for to hope for qualification in the match from Italy of next week. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Villarreal vs Wolfsburg Selection Over 2,5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 18/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.80 (Back) Reasoning In Germany 1.Bundesliga,Wolfsburg have a bad season,being without great chances chances for to catch first places in ranking.So,Europa League can represent the chance to win a trophy this year.Wolfsburg certainly will play with great ambition,the strikers Dzeko and Grafite are prepared to make a good match tonight.The other side,Villarreal escaped from area relegation in Spain Primera and now can hope,although the chances are minimal,to catch a place for next season in Europa League.The coach from hosts said the objective is the qualification in upper stages,so I expect and from Villarreal to make a great job with the strikers Llorente and Nilmar.I guess will be a spectacular match here,the best choice being over 2,5 goals.

i had it 3-4 :wall:wall:wall:wall
:ok:ok:ok :lol Added Over 2,5 Goals in Amsterdam - Juventus don't look good enough to me at the back, and still have Diego, Trez and Del Piero forward. Can't see Ajax calculating much at the Arena and I expect a good open game. Will watch it too, so might cover myself on the in-play somehow...2,11 was too good to miss. GL

I am sure we'll get on fine then :lol :welcome by the way. Also, for this thread on PL, it is usually mandatory to include some reasoning with your picks.
Thanx! We will see the results 2night :beer I'm so sorry for the people who think Ajax is gonna win. Their 'target man' Marko Pantelic isn't playing. He's very important for the team, but now Suárez will play as a 'Target Man'. That isn't his strength! I can assure you a draw or Juve-win. And remember, in Amsterdam it's ALL about Suárez. ;)

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February bet365 have ajax at 4.00 to win on the handicap. seems decent value considering the trouble juve have been in recently with sacking of their manager and the new manager's third game being his 1st win. ajax have been on a decent run of form, have luis suarez on a good run as well and beat twente recently who i believe are running near around the top of the table i think 2nd, but that's enough to try a small stake on. i cant see juve winning here full stop considering their poor performances in the champ league and now up against a team in form. will also consider shakhtar on the handicap +.5 depending on what side hodgson puts out, despite shakhtar not playing competitive football for a while, they ran riot in the europa group stage and are the current champs, that would be enough for me against a 2nd string fulham if key players are dropped also got liverpool to win, last shot at silverware, unirea did beat rangers at home and i look back to that as a possibility of shocking liverpool but petrescu has gone and he was the mastermind behind this team.

@jase the worst ****** i have ever heard in my life. he just repeats everything sky sports news says. get that daft hat off egghead
Witts, why does it matter where Jase gets his imfo from?:spank This is a froum and he provides all the users/viewers here with excellent information and obviously does a lot of research to form his opinions! We're all here to help 'beat the bookies', so get over it! Anyway, I'm on Atletico tonight to beat Gala tonight. There not a great price @8/11 but home advantage and confidence should prove more than enough for the weakened turks.:ok Was going to get on Fulham, but anytime i back or Lay them i lose, so i'll leave it off!

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Lille v Fenerbahce - 1.80 / stanjames Lille is on the first position in home standings this season in first french league and you have to give them some credit for that . The odds have dropted allot but you cant give them better chances for a win than this with Fenerbahce who is a turkish team , and by tradition doesnt travel well . Lille have won the last 8 games that they have played at home whilst Fenerbahce has won just 2 from the last 7 , the rest of 5 being 3 looses and 2 draws . Apparently Lille have slown down the engines a bit , but so Fenerbache... and giving the home advantage that Lille has , its only fair to take them to win this game . Villarreal v Wolfsburg - over 3.5 / 3.20 / sportingbet Cant miss this opportunity here . Wolfsburg still cant defend for shit and they havent got a win since the new coachs has apeared on the stage , while Villarreal are and attack minded team when playing at home . I suppose that a home win will not be out of the question with the bad position of the wolves in Bundesliga - maybe they will not take serious this game - but i prefer to go on goals market . Wolfsburg is scoring and conceding whit relative eass while Villareal arent stabile at all lately when playing at home , so this game will be far from a tactic-organized-disciplined game... and goals will flow for sure . Brugge v Valencia - draw / 3.60 / ladbrokes I see a good opportunity for a draw here . Valencia hasn't played good in their last league matches in the last games , while i've read that they will leave some regulars at home for this one , and will put some youngsters in the field . You could consider Brugge to win this , them being on the podium in the belgian league , but its hard to not take into consideration the leagues deference regarding the value of the football played . Spanish Primera is much much higher than the belgian league and even if Brugge are on the second spot regarding home stats they had just a win in their last five games . The draw punch me in the eyes in this game . Ajax v Juventus - 2.50 / stanjames Dont rate Juventus at all in this game after their bad games displayed in their league , even with the new coach in charge . They are just bad and its a foolish gesture to consider that they will become better just about now , when we also know that their road games are worst than their form . Those odds for Ajax at home looks like a steel bet to me and i'm gona gladly take it , cause its a huge diference in form between this two teams .

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February In regards to the Marseilles and Copenhagen match, I wouldn't be so sure about backing the away team. I watched the Copa de Sol recently and Copenhagen were relatively impressive considering it was a friendly competition. They have some elements within the team who can create a few problems. Marseilles were impressive in the CL but I'd be a bit wary of them tonight and the 5/2 on offer for the home team is nothing to be scoffed at.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Lille have gervinho and cabaye on the bench tonight Considering that gervinho is one of their best scorers i find it really weird. Landreau Béria Chedjou Rami Emerson Balmont Mavuba (cap) Dumont Hazard Frau Obraniak SUBS=> Butelle (g) Debuchy Vandam Cabaye Aubameyang L.Touré Gervinho

I have read your 20 'posts'...what a load of useless rubbish..and you have the cheek to take a pot at Jase....
I'll Second that.....!! Quite often, Witts just comes on here to criticize the selections of other members or ask for info and now he has decided to take a shot at a member who contributes to this forum meaningful insight and information. I'm sorry Witts, but that is out of line. Witts hasn't been a member for too long and maybe he just hasn't picked up on the fact that we treat each other in a civilised manner. I hope he discovers this fact soon... In the meantime I hope Jase82 keeps up his repetition of Sky Sports....it is most useful.....:lol and maybe Witts can start repeating some useful information and insight instead of the taking aim at other punters.... be constructive for heavens sake....:ok

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February A winning double for today: Benfica to win against Hertha @2.0 Atletico Galatasaray >2, 2.5 @1.61 Combined @3.22 I think Benfica is going to win in Berlin because they are very solid and are taking thi cup seriously. Moreover, Hertha has a relegation battle to think about and the last thing they would need is competing also in Europa League. Benfica to win 2-0 Atletico's matches tend to be high-scoring, and this time it's not gonna be different. Galata will fight for an away goal and with Atletico's leaky defence, I can see that coming. For Atletico, Aguero and Forlan up front mean at least 2 goals.:@

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February think there could be a few goals at anfield tonight unirea will be playing as if this is their final but then may fade as the game goes on as their fitness may not be the same as liverpools, Cant see any reason at this stage of the epl why liverpool wouldnt want a little run in this competition the bosses are going to insist on the extra revenue that the next round brings regardless of what benitez wants or thinks. so with this assumption you would also add that they would want to rest gerrard and the like for the away leg meaning that they will be playing at a fair tempo tonight and wanting say a 3 goal cushion, a few goals would lift the fans tonight and give liverpool the advantage of taking it easy for the away tie over 3.5 goals both teams to score and a score first/anytime double with gerrard and van nistelrooy for hamburg as he is going to want to score against his old club and hes the best goalscorer on the pitch

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Herta v Benfica - 2.00 / totesport I dont think Herta is very concerned about the Europa League right now when they are 7 points under the relegation line . What ? objective porpuse will have a hard struggle against a good Benfica team and fight for the win , and then to be exausted and maybe whit some injuries in the next game in Bundesliga , which is away at Freiburg , and thus loose another 3 points and furthering away their chances for salvation . Even if the game was "for real" Benfica is still to good for them , and betting on them tonight could bring you nothing else than money . Madrid v Galatasaray - / -1.5 / 2.70 / gamebookers Galata are no pushovers but i dont thisk they will be a match for the fast football played by Atletico . Its a bit of obviouse league diference , between turkish and spanish and the fact that the strenght of Atletico resides on home field should be just the thing for this bet . Atletico with full team nowadays and with a good moral after the qualification in the final of the cup of the king , and after their win with Barca... would be to much for the turkish guys . Copenhaga v Marseille - 3.30 / bwin Cant really see Marseille winning this one in the nordic's land . Even if the diference in league is a good factor to make the french favorites i just cant be on them at all . They are just too inconsistent and they've also won just 6 games away from their 13 , in their league , which isnt a good perspective when looking at them to win this . Copenhaga havent started the league yet , but they had some friendlies in which they've showed some good play . I had consider the draw for this but the instability of Marseille has made my mind , and im going with the home win . Panathinaikos v Roma - draw / 3.30 / betfair Roma are having a hell of a run right now in Seria A , but i cant be with them in this game . Its really hard to win on the greek field even if you play your best football . The suporters are fanatics and they will give some boost to Panathinaikos to play at their best . I know that they arent doing oke in their championship , but they still have the best home record from the divison... loosing just one game from twelve this season and a draw should be just in the cards here . They will raise their game for sure in this game , to be able to compete with the form of the romans and thus i dont see them loosing this one - but winning neither . H.S.V. v P.S.V - lay / 1.80/ betfair I dont know if this is just me , but i dont see a strong reason for the Hamburger to be so favorites in this game with the best team from Holland - who also havent lost a single game this season ! I believe that the odds are just an over reaction from the win of H.S.V. with Stuttgart , but in my book this will gona be another kind of match . The presure will be on the home side to deliver and thus the dutch boys should be able to play their game in a relax maner . I dont trust H.S.V. at this odds , cause i dont see them fair.. so the lay of them is my pick here . Bilbao v Anderlecht - over 3.5 / 3.40 / williamhill I see this as an open game where anything can happen . Bilbao is shaking lately but is strong at home while Anderlecht is more organised and they are playing good enough away from home , the proff being that they are the leaders of the division in Belgium . I favor this bet because of Bilbao's stile of play which is rater kamikaze than calculated footbal... and if they could conceide 2 goals from the worst team in Spain , in their last home game - i think they can take at least two from the Anderlecht also , who is much over Xerez .

How's Lille doing for first half?
Hi im watching the game on the french TV and Lille was dominating, when to do increase their speed fenerbache got difficulties to keep up. Fener did score on an error of the french goalkeeper a little bit too much forward, and they missed their 2nd goals I would say that Lille will get the win, but it s a very entertaining game to watch.