** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

heniek31

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Hello everyone been following your threads for some time, decided to join. good games today i put down three bets today first bet roma hamburg marseille second bet kazan lille liverpool pick3 roma hamburg lille hope for the best but roma worries me, from my knowledge the greeks score a goal and the lock up the goalie box. *hope that doesnt happen) by the way mahno hello from Ukraine

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

See that's great info. I saw them in the CL and thought they were ok, didn't realise they'd sold players and changed manager. Makes a big difference, one to aviod then :ok
Partial truth only. Coach Dan Petrescu left this winter at Kuban ( Russia League 2) NO player left the club ! Only loans left : Varga (important), and Balan (not that good and only played few minutes per match. New coach Levy seems to be pretty good , but he will show it tonight if it's true. Levy said he will keep quit same strategy and try to implement his owns with every match. There are alot of players which will try to impress as they did in CL group. But Liverpool is a quit strange to me these days and can't figure if they will want to win the first EuropaLeague trophy as they are favourites at all bookies. I will only try under 2.5 at 2.10 with Sportingbet.

Liverpool - Unirea Will be taking the scousers with the handicap here. Unirea aren't great away from home and having gotten rid of Petrescu along with quite a few of their players during January, they look considerably weaker than they were. Liverpool -1 @ evens
They didn't get "rid of" Dan Petrescu, he left the club for alot much more money, and because boss of Unirea refused to buy players. He signed since 2009 summer with Kuban but only these days newspapers revealed the info.Unirea's boss and players harldy tryed to convince him to stay. Dan Petrescu ex.Chelsea declined offers from italy, germany, england, greece...etc and choose to go with Kuban second league in russia .He is crazy but he likes to build teams and bring them on first stage of european football. He dreams to be manager of one of these 3 teams :Chelsea , Steaua Bucharest , Romanian national team.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Villareal Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,775 These are probably the best odds I see for Over 2,5 Goals in a game with Wolfsburg involved. Home side will push for a win, guests can score anywhere anytime. Wolfsburg defensive problems are well known, from what I have seen in the games I watched Villareal have spells of bad defending too...6 points Shakhtar 0 AH @ 1,925 Fulham and Stoke are the teams in EPL I avoid, they can frustrate anyone. With hosts now favourites at bet365 I find it funny the Asians are still favoring Shaktar, Fulham OAH is 1,975. I watched Fulham 3 times in Europa League, bar the game in Sofia with 7-8 regulars missing, I wasn't impressed with them vs Roma and CSKA Sofia at home. In the case of Roma ( with regulars missing ) it was more or less easy to understand, but what I saw vs CSKA after the first 30 minutes or so was a team who is not ready for Europe at higher level ...therfore I side with the better Team with plenty of Euro experience...6 points Atletico Madrid Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,80 First, Galatasaray ( despite the reduced options forward ) to me always played with more ease away in the Euro Cups, and I do not rule out their chances to score. Second - Madrid's defense hasn't improved much just because they conceded only one goal vs Barca. And last - the attacking options of Atletico give a touch of extra safety to this pick - on a good day they can make the Over easy just by themselves...6 points Hertha + 0,5 AH @ 1,95 The Benfica part of Lisbon is on real high at the moment, the team looks great, either Porto or Braga will drop further points this Weekend. The reason I am siding with the Germans is the fact that at the back they look much better now. This wouldn't have made any difference against a great attacking side like Benfica, yet I saw recently the full game of Benfica vs Belenenses - after a Red Tornado in the first 10-12 minutes, Belenenses shut the game well with a very tight and flexible zone, allowing only a few more rare chances AND having some very dangerous breaks - unlucky not to score. If I saw it, the German Manager also did...I admit this bet is also rather emotional, therefore with a smaller stake...4 points Lille Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,11 Simply liked Blackcrow's reasoning, please see above...5 points

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Just watching the Kazan game and the pitch actually looks like a skating ring. It will take a heck of a bravery to slide tackle! :notworthy Good start by Rubin. Could possibly be 1 up.. Wow. Now that's route 1 football for you. The Tel Aviv keeper looks frozen..as do half the team. 1-0 Kazan.. If you ever want to see the word "domination" and football together watch this game. Visitors are getting litterally raped here. 2-0 Kazan..22 minutes. It's going to take a miracle for my bet to stay Under 2.5 goals.

Just watching the Kazan game and the pitch actually looks like a skating ring. It will take a heck of a bravery to slide tackle! :notworthy Good start by Rubin. Could possibly be 1 up.. Wow. Now that's route 1 football for you. The Tel Aviv keeper looks frozen..as do half the team. 1-0 Kazan.. If you ever want to see the word "domination" and football together watch this game. Visitors are getting litterally raped here.
2-0

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Lille - Fenerbahce LAY Fener @ 4.6 1 Unit Lille are a very strong home side. Lille have lost only one of fifteen matches on home soil in european competition. A 1-0 defeat to Manchester United three years ago in the champions league. Lille haven't lost at home since the opening day of the French ligue 1 season. They have also won their last 11 consecutive home games, including convincing wins over Bordeaux and Lyon and their most recent match, a 3-1 victory over Boulogne. Panathinaikos - Roma BACK Roma @ 2.58 1 Unit Roma have won their last nine games in all competitions, and are in some great form atm. 1116 can correct me if i'm wrong, but Pana are suffering a real form slump atm. Lost 2-0 at home to lowly Kavala and their lead at the top has been cut down. Whilst they have a big league game against PAOK on the weekend. The club hasn't won any silverware for 15 years and their focus is likely to be on the league given the position they are in. BOL

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Lille - Fenerbahce Pick : Lille As far as i can follow french football i can say that Lille plays pacey football and they generally try the force the opposition in the 1th half mostly. i expect fener to sit back and lock the game and try to score with contra attacks. Daum will most likely play with Guiza at front but i don't think he will be able to finish the job today. With or without Lugano Fener's defence will have a though night today against pacey offence i expect to see from Lille.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February A. Madrid - Galatasaray Over 2,5 Goals Galatasaray is not on top form this year. Fans are generally not happy about the performance that the team gave on the pitch. Galata didnt have a fixture this weekend so they are fully rested and ready for the match. In the last match (Turkish cup) the team played better then the rest of the season, well enough to score 3 goals and find 3 or more good opportunities to score but conceded 2. They can easly score but easly concede at the same time. On the other hand A. Madrid is not a solid team, their performance changes often and i am not sure if i will see the team which beated Barca. But i expect them to score tonight.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I just want to say do not underestimate Fenerbahçe SK. Lugano will play. Fenerbahçe play a lot better when they don't have to win. They like to play slow and hold the game. I expect a tight game without many goals. Also i expect a 0-1 win by Fenerbahçe with a counter attack goal by Daniel Güiza. Good luck. Last 3 away games of Fenerbahçe was 0-1 win against Twente-Sheriff-Ste.Bucuresti.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February hi guys. One big bet for me tonight. Villareal Vs Wolfsburg Both teams to score @ 1.67 Villareal has the home advantage and scores an average of 2 goals in El-Madrigal this season. On the other hand we hav Wolfsburg that scored in 62 from their last 70 games, home-away and any competition. last season in bundesliga and european cups they had 27 games gg and 15 games no goal. This season in bundesliga they have 19 gg and only 3 ng. In europe in 6 games they have 4 gg and 2 ng. obvious here !!! GG for me maximum stakes

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I've taken three: Soccer - Hapoel Tel Aviv - spread +1 (+131) for the regulation time held on Feb 18 at 9:00am [pending] Soccer - Fenerbahce - spread +½ (+106) for the regulation time held on Feb 18 at 1:00pm [pending] Soccer - Wolfsburg - spread +½ (+115) for the regulation time held on Feb 18 at 1:00pm [pending] These are all opposing public bets...Rubin Kazan is a big favorite, but they haven't played in ages, and who knows how they'll play or whether playing Tel Aviv represents such a step down from Champions League play that they won't have the same edge as before. I'll say this, though...they weren't blowing people out in CL play, and I'll take the generous handicap. Fener and Wolfsburg are deserving dogs, but the way the money is flowing away from them I'll take the chance that they'll get at least a draw. These are two dangerous teams that can score some goals, even on the road.

att, I think this is the worse league to play against the public. I've seen the money flow and the only teams that get effected are the larger handicaps. I've had a lot of success in this competition by just seeing the money movement.
Im not sure about what you meant could you explain further please? May be with an example?

Lille - Fenerbahce over 2.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Lille have been playing well of late with and have a very good European record of just 1 loss in 15 games, so they will be hard to beat. At home, they did beat Slavia Prague 3-1 and Genoa 3-0 in the group games, so this gives ana indication of their attacking ability at home, but they have the tendency to conceded as their last 5 Europa League games all went over. Fenerbahce have an impressive away record as they have won their last 4 games in the Europa League and have not conceded a goal in these games, however with the likely absence of a key defender, Lugano, that may change. As they have scored in each of their last 5 EL games, expect them to do so again here against a Lille defence that does conceded goals, but without Lugano, cannot see them keeping a clean sheet themselves.
Lugano is playing. Fenerbahçe will try to hold the game at 0-0. We play a lot better in last weeks. And like i said before Fenerbahçe enjoys to hold the game and play better. Our midfield and defence players are keen to play very hard. Anyway good luck. Fenerbahçe possible 11 ---------------Volkan Demirel Gökhan Gönül--Lugano--Bilica--Andre Dos Santos Mehmet Topuz--Emre--Cristian--Özer ----------------Alex de Souza ----------------Güiza This is a very defensive squad. Özer and Mehmet Topuz are not really wingers they are normally midfield players.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Club Brugge - Valencia: Draw @ 3.9 (Betfair) 10/10 Apparently, Valencia has quite a few missing players for this match. Brugge may have their mind on the big upcoming match against Liege. Both teams have been drawing matches lately. Valencia has 3 draws in their last 6 while Brugge has 2 (consecutive) draws in their last 6. Valencia have more quality generally, but the missing players will mitigate this and I believe that Brugge is good enough to get a draw against a depleted Valencia side which will also be ok with a draw. Ajax - Juventus: Ajax @ 2.60 (Totesport) 10/10 In 2010 Juventus have a record of 3-2-4 including draws against Livorno and Lazio (18th and 15th league positions respectively) and a loss to 13th place Chievo. Ajax's competition in the Dutch League isn't special which mitigates somewhat their awesome 10-1-0 home record, but I would argue that Ajax are a better team than all of the aforementioned Italian sides. Furthermore, with Juventus dropping into the Europa Cup from the CL I can't be sure about how serious they are going to be with this competition. Finally, I believe Ajax are a faster and more physical team which will be able to take advantage of their home field. Twente - Werder Bremen: Twente @ 3.40 (Betfair) 10/10 I believe the odds for Twente's win are too long. Twente is very strong at home (10-1-0). Bremen's away record is average (5-4-3). The visitors went through a string of disappointing results and only recently have snapped out of it with three wins. But the wins were against two relegation candidates (Hertha and Hannover) and a weak away team (Hoffenheim). So, the odds for Twente, I think, are attractive. Fulham - Shakhtar Donetsk: Fulham @ 2.82 (Betfair) 10/10 The odds reflect that the bookies can't decide who is the favourite in this match. I believe Fulham's price is good for a home team that wins 60% of its home matches in probably the most competitive league in Europe. An important fact in making this selection is that the visitors haven't played a real match in months and can't be that sharp, I think. Fulham should get a narrow 1 goal win here.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I really fancy anderlecht to get something tonite against athletic bilbao, i can see this being a tight game with maybe 1 goal to decide it, i watched anderlecht a few times this season one of them times when they thumped standerd liege 4-0 an they were awesome i will definatly be havin a few quid at 15/4 with bet365.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I have decided to leave Roma alone tonight. Yes they are in fantastic form and Vucinic seems to be pulling his weight. But I am sure the stadium will be rocking tonight, and when in that atmosphere it will be impossible for the Greek team to think of anything but that match. Plus Baptista is never far away from a shit performance.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Sorry for lack of info guys but i really fancy FC Copenhagen @3.00.They are unbeaten in last 6 games with 13 goals and clean sheet.OM is a funny side and i see them having some problems here. FC Copenhagen DNB @2.10

Panathinaikos vs Roma @ 2.20 Liverpool (-1) vs Unirea @ 1.80 Hertha - Benfica @ 2.00 Fulham - Shakhtar @ 2.20 Villarreal - Wolfsburg @ 1.90 Lille - Fenerbahce @ 2.00 Brugge - Valencia @ 1.95 For Sure :clap Don't go for Ajax or Twente guys! ;)
Where's your reasoning for taking these selections? Why are you confident in those seven favourites winning? Why are you confident that Ajax or Twente won't win?

All you Lille supporters I can't get the odds on them any longer :puke so it looks like Roma and Valencia are the way to go for me. Any lineups out yet?
Yes......regarding Valencia.....I mentioned earlier that they are carrying a lot of injuries tonight, and they have called up three youth players to the match day squad.

Yes......regarding Valencia.....I mentioned earlier that they are carrying a lot of injuries tonight' date=' and they have called up three youth players to the match day squad.[/quote'] I never double-checked your info, took it for granted and decided to stay away from the game - you are right that it looks very uncertain, and Valencia down to 1,72 is nowhere near attractive. Bar the odds in Hertha and Fulham everything in quiet in the last hour...