** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

heniek31

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

May i ask you why? Benfica away is not the same as Benfica at home.
Seconded. Benfica have been poor on the road this season, even losing at AEK Athens. Hertha aren't as bad as they were either - they've started to keep clean sheets. I'm not going to bet on this game because I don't see value in it but if I did then I'd take 1X.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February @ Zico BTW mate, are hamburg ready for match against PSV?Usually they play well in Europe plus this year final should be in Hamburg too if i'm not mistaken so it's extra motivation for them.Any team news pls ? I know they are a bit short but i think i will take Hamburg and Lille in play tomorrow,maybe will add Liverpool as well.

Panathinaikos - Roma: Roma @ 2.58 (Betfair) 10/10 Roma has achieved a demonic form lately. They have 9 straight wins (all competitions) including wins against teams that are at least as good as Panathinaikos or better. Furthermore, there is no reason to doubt their seriousness concerning this competition. Panathinaikos is going through a bad patch of results including a recent 0-2 home loss to Kavala where they were 1.20 - 1.30 favourites. They still lead the Greek league but their 8 point lead has been slashed to just three points and they are feeling the pressure. Furthermore, the hosts have a crucial away match with PAOK (3rd in the league) this Sunday. The expectation is that Panathinaikos will rest some key players in anticipation of the Sunday match. Panathinaikos is one of the "big" Greek teams, but in the last 15 years they have only won one title. Their preference, I believe, will be to stay on course for the title and therefore the resting of players is logical. So, with Roma in form and Panathinaikos in less than great form I think that Roma should, at least, narrowly win this and make the return match easier. The odds for Roma's win, given the circumstances, is great.
The focus is certainly on upcoming PAOK game for the league. However, there is no given intention to rest anybody here. There is a dilemma on using Salpiggidis or Ninis, but other than that team is in regular line up with the exception of course of sidelined Gilberto Silva. I would be surprised to see Panathinaikos winning this game against such a better opponent but game can have unpredictable turns and crowd will push towards a competitive deal.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February In my opinion there is mega value on full-strenght Juventus against a so-so Ajax team. Ajax might be good at home, but come on it's not such a big deal to beat those lowly Eredivisie teams, and it needs to said that the Dutch side struggle away in this weak league. Huve full strenght with Trezeguet and Camoranesi coming back, first of all Italian team was favoured by bookies, now it's the other way round and I'm very very happy to take 3.00 on BETFAIR before these crazy odds drop to 2.7 or something like that!

The focus is certainly on upcoming PAOK game for the league. However' date=' there is no given intention to rest anybody here. There is a dilemma on using Salpiggidis or Ninis, but other than that team is in regular line up with the exception of course of sidelined Gilberto Silva. I would be surprised to see Panathinaikos winning this game against such a better opponent but game can have unpredictable turns and crowd will push towards a competitive deal.[/quote'] Ok, maybe Panathinaikos will play a regular squad and certainly the crowd will push the home team and, no doubt, matches can have unprpredictable turns. But, as you say, Roma is clearly the better team. Panathinaikos weren't able to deal with Atletico Madrid or Galatasaray and Roma is much better than these teams generally and especially currently. Now, as far as unpredictable turns are concerned, I believe that these turns can go for or against either team and therefore it doesn't really matter. Sure, Panathinaikos may pull off a result, but if asked to put my money on it I would have to go the other way and look towards Roma against a stumbling team which is desperately trying to hold on to its chances for winning only its second title in 15 years despite being considered a "big" club in Greece.

In my opinion there is mega value on full-strenght Juventus against a so-so Ajax team. Ajax might be good at home, but come on it's not such a big deal to beat those lowly Eredivisie teams, and it needs to said that the Dutch side struggle away in this weak league. Huve full strenght with Trezeguet and Camoranesi coming back, first of all Italian team was favoured by bookies, now it's the other way round and I'm very very happy to take 3.00 on BETFAIR before these crazy odds drop to 2.7 or something like that!
I can't agree with you mate. In 2010 Juventus have a record of 3-2-4 including draws against Livorno and Lazio (18th and 15th league positions respectively) and a loss to 13th place Chievo. I agree with you that Ajax's competition in the Dutch League isn't special, but I would argue that Ajax are a better team than all of the aforementioned Italian sides. Furthermore, with Juventus dropping into the Europa Cup from the CL I can't be sure about how serious they are going to be with this competition. Hence, I find your confidence in Juventus difficult to agee with. In fact, I find Ajax's odds quite appealing and may just take them to win. Don't know yet...but it is a thought. Good luck if you take Juventus....

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February To be honest I don't see why Juventus would even remotely care about this game. This is one of those typical "Big" clubs who don't think they should be here. They are currently in such a major transition period both on and off the pitch that I think this entire season is shot. I personally think that Ajax 0 would be ideal. Juve still not a good traveling team, they have the name and charisma but they look putrid this season.

Ok' date=' maybe Panathinaikos will play a regular squad and certainly the crowd will push the home team and, no doubt, matches can have unprpredictable turns. But, as you say, Roma is clearly the better team. Panathinaikos weren't able to deal with Atletico Madrid or Galatasaray and Roma is much better than these teams generally and especially currently. Now, as far as unpredictable turns are concerned, I believe that these turns can go for or against either team and therefore it doesn't really matter. Sure, Panathinaikos may pull off a result, but if asked to put my money on it I would have to go the other way and look towards Roma against a stumbling team which is desperately trying to hold on to its chances for winning only its second title in 15 years despite being considered a "big" club in Greece.[/quote'] TEAM NEWS Ajax Eyong Enoh and Urby Emanuelson are doubtful due to hamstring problems but both should make it to the squad. Rasmus Lindgren and Gabri, though, are unavailable. Coach Marton Jol could also give newly turned 18-year-old Christian Eriksen the nod in midfield. Probable Lineup (4-3-3): Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Anita; De Zeeuw, Enoh, De Jong; Suarez, Pantelic, Emanuelson. Juventus Fabio Cannavaro and Vincenzo Iaquinta have been left behind in Turin as both are suffering from injuries. David Trezeguet has been passed fit to travel to Amsterdam after being sidelined for over a month, but it is likely that he will start on the bench. Mauro Camoranesi too has been included in the squad. Probable Lineup (4-3-1-2): Buffon, Grygera, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Grosso; Felipe Melo, Sissoko. Marchisio; Diego; Amauri, Del Piero /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Yeah i don't agree with many things here. Juve have got a new good coach Zaccheroni and they are out of every competiotion, so they can focus on saving at least the minimum dignity. They are a proud club after all ( :lol) I hope Diego can do a good job as he used to do, plus Trezeguet and Camoranesi can deliver from the bench, Ajax's Pantelic apparently caught a flu virus which leaves the Dutch side with only one great striker Suarez, that could relieve a bit of pressure from Juve backline, troubled by the absence of Cannavaro. I'm not super confident that Juve will get a win, but i reckon they will give it a good shot and since they have a much better side on paper, they might just nick it by one goal. Level ball at 2.09 (188bet) is my call, stakes not very big (I don't trust any Italian, not to mention a busful of them :rollin plus this is a Europa League) Juve dnb @ 2.09 3/10

Unirea's coach who is the man credited with the team results this year in CL have left the club for a better offer . Also the most important players from the midfield and attack have transfered . Unirea is not the team they used to be 3 months ago . The -1.5 Liverpool handicap is priced quite right IMO but i'm not really convinced that Liverpool wants to continue in this competion . I think playing for the next CL spot is more important for them . So if anyone can help with infos about Liverpool's intentions in Europa League ' date=' please post ... This is quite a good oportunity...[/quote'] See that's great info. I saw them in the CL and thought they were ok, didn't realise they'd sold players and changed manager. Makes a big difference, one to aviod then :ok

i see on many sites people are playing Lille-Fenerbahce 1@1' date=8..i think this can be a suprise, this is value on Fenerbahce (3,8-4,0) and i will try that..
Dont see our chance to win around 25%... would rather say 10-15% and thats a huge different. Odds are too short on us :ok

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Benfica continue to be well backed. I got them at 6/5 on Tuesday, they are now at evens with most bookmakers. Rightfully so too. Hertha have to be realistic and they have to go for the jugular tonight. They simply have to take a lead with them into the second leg, it's a no brainer. Unfortunately they have been unable to breakdown the likes of Borussia M'gladbach and Bochum in the last few weeks, which doesn't bode well for tonight. They just don't score enough, and Benfica are pretty lethal on the break. It'll be about 3-1 to Benfica.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Rubin Kazan v Hapoel Tel Aviv UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - Skybet. This bet is based solely around the fact that it is currently -10 in Kazan. I prefer to side with there beng few goals in conditions such as these. All three of Rubin's home CL matches went under 2.5 goals. Villarreal @ 1.83 - Skybet v VfL Wolfsburg. Villarreal and Wolfsburg have had very similar disappointing seasons, however Wolfsburg now find themselves in a relegation battle. They lost two of their three away CL matches last year. They haven't won a game since November. That's Twelve games without a win. I fancy Villarreal to edge this encounter and take a lead back to Germany. Based on the form of Wolfsburg.

@ Zico BTW mate, are hamburg ready for match against PSV?Usually they play well in Europe plus this year final should be in Hamburg too if i'm not mistaken so it's extra motivation for them.Any team news pls ? I know they are a bit short but i think i will take Hamburg and Lille in play tomorrow,maybe will add Liverpool as well.
Labbaddia: "Fred Rutten has a team with a lot of disciplin now and he is doing a great job. We are facing an european top club. We are always capable of scoring one goal away from home. To play to nil at home is extremly important. If we succeed in this, and score a goal or more, then this would be an excellent position for us." Ze Roberto is in team again, but should not be used that early its his first long-term injury in carreer and Ze Roberto himself cannot rate whether he will be fit or not. Jerome Boateng will be back in team, but Eljero Elia will miss 100% and Dennis Aogo is doubted. :ok

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I see Valencia have about 7 players out injured. Three key defenders are all absent, and Unai Emery has called up three youth players to the matchday squad. Brugge have been awful since returning from the winterbreak, with one win in seven competitive fixtures. UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.9 - Betfair may appeal. Brugge will be looking to keep it tight so that game isn't lost in the first leg, and Valencia, with all their missings from defence, might be happy with a draw.

Did highstakes on Hamburg' date=' just fyi.[/quote'] Thanks, but you'll have to provide some reasoning for that pick. Either that, or there is a thread in the UK & Irish forum for all midweek bets. Without reasoning, your post is meaningless and won't help anyone.

Brugge have been awful since returning from the winterbreak, with one win in seven competitive fixtures. .
It seems that u haven't watch many of their matchs recently,they played better than Rsca and Gent but finished with 10 men(btw for the 4th time in a row)....especially their striker Kouemaha is in form...but keep in mind that we have Brugge vs Standard on sunday....better leave this match fo livebetting imo. Gl with your bet anyway

Rubin Kazan v Hapoel Tel Aviv UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - Skybet. This bet is based solely around the fact that it is currently -10 in Kazan. I prefer to side with there beng few goals in conditions such as these. All three of Rubin's home CL matches went under 2.5 goals.
I've gone for the same in this early kick-off. Rubin have a solid defence as do the visitors from Israel. Rubin go into this as favourites but Hapoel are no push-overs. If Hapoel can keep the game within a goal margin before the return leg in Tel Aviv it will be a great result for them. On the other hand it could also prove to be a damage limitation but as Jase said -10 conditions aren't the best for a free-flowing contest and I do see value in this. Good luck :ok Odds are too short on Kazan right now.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Regarding Benfica. They may have stuttered against opposition away from home in Europe, but they'll never get a better chance of beating German opposition here. Hertha are bottom of the league, and reading some comments made recently, there seems to be a degree of discontent surrounding the managers tactics. The supporters have started voting with their feet too, with, only 36K attending the weekend 1-1 draw with Mainz, which was a season low. I think Benfica will never have a better chance.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Club Brugge - Valencia over 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Brugge have just 1 win and 2 draws in their last 7 games as they are struggling for form. But with a big club like Valencia coming to town, expect them to lift for this game, and they will be more confident of a good perfomance given that Valencia have injuries to defenders like Saltor, Alexis and Navarro. However Valencia do have some very good attacking players like Villa, Silva and Mata who can create and score goals. Both teams not that sure at the back but each have a good set of forwards especially Valencia, and like the look of some goals in this game Lille - Fenerbahce over 2.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Lille have been playing well of late with and have a very good European record of just 1 loss in 15 games, so they will be hard to beat. At home, they did beat Slavia Prague 3-1 and Genoa 3-0 in the group games, so this gives ana indication of their attacking ability at home, but they have the tendency to conceded as their last 5 Europa League games all went over. Fenerbahce have an impressive away record as they have won their last 4 games in the Europa League and have not conceded a goal in these games, however with the likely absence of a key defender, Lugano, that may change. As they have scored in each of their last 5 EL games, expect them to do so again here against a Lille defence that does conceded goals, but without Lugano, cannot see them keeping a clean sheet themselves. Werder Bremen @ 2.24 pinnacle Bremen have very good form coming into this game as they have won their last 3 games in the Bundesliga as well as 4 wins and a draw from their last 5 games in the Europa League. They have scored 14 goals in these 5 EL games, and have scored at least 2 goals in each of these games. They beat Athletico Bilbao 3-0 in their last game which was in Spain, and Twente should not hold too many problems for them, considering that Fenerbahce were able to beat them 1-0 in Holland, and this Bremen side is capable of winning this game too. Like the look of Pizarro doing well against this defence to lead them to victory Liverpool -1.5 @ 1.96 pinnacle Liverpool look t gain some credibility for this season with a serious show of winning a trophy this season and so expect them to come out and do the job at home against a Romanian side that has lost some of its players and not playing as well as they did before. Liverpool have started to gain sme belief about their game and with Kyrgiakos back for this game, they look more settled at the back and while Torres is unlikely to play, Kuyt has been finsing some form in front of goals. Believe that Liverpool will look to win this game convincingly to ease some of the pressure and criticism that has come their way this season

I've gone for the same in this early kick-off. Rubin have a solid defence as do the visitors from Israel. Rubin go into this as favourites but Hapoel are no push-overs. If Hapoel can keep the game within a goal margin before the return leg in Tel Aviv it will be a great result for them. On the other hand it could also prove to be a damage limitation but as Jase said -10 conditions aren't the best for a free-flowing contest and I do see value in this. Good luck :ok Odds are too short on Kazan right now.
EL 15:00 Rubin Kazan-Hap.Tel Aviv 2 @ 6,6 2/10 Kazan is not in form, championship is begining 12.03., they are just preparating for season..they didn't buy any important players, they sold: Georgia N. Revishvili (Anzhi, 0 €) - 03 Febr 2010 Croatia S. Tomas (Gaziantepspor) - 31 Janu 2010 Russia S. Kozko (Nalchik) - 28 Janu 2010 Russia R. Adamov (Rostov, L.) - 25 Janu 2010 Brazil Gabriel (Burgas) - 18 Janu 2010 Russia A. Khagush (Rostov, L.) - 16 Janu 2010 Russia A. Yarkin (Krasnodar) - 01 Janu 2010 Argentina A. Dominguez (Valencia CF, 0 €) - 14 Dece 2009 This will not be a real russian winter, it will be -10 (because it will be day game), Hapoel is in tiop of the form, they are playing championship (8 gamet till the end) and they are second on the table. They present some good games in Europe, and i think they can suprise today..speciality because it is value on them..

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I think Twente @ 3.45 is a nice bet. I don't think they don't stand a chance against Bremen. Bilbao - Anderlecht -2.5 is a bet I'm concidering as well, Anderlecht has already shown they always play defensive in away games in Europe. I can't see them playing a different game this time. They'll defend and hope Lukaku can do something on strength. Mbark Boussoufa has the creativity and he has to give some good balls to Lukaku. Legaer is another offensive player (in Belgium) but i Think he'll focus on defending today (if he starts)

Unirea's coach who is the man credited with the team results this year in CL have left the club for a better offer . Also the most important players from the midfield and attack have transfered . Unirea is not the team they used to be 3 months ago . The -1.5 Liverpool handicap is priced quite right IMO but i'm not really convinced that Liverpool wants to continue in this competion . I think playing for the next CL spot is more important for them . So if anyone can help with infos about Liverpool's intentions in Europa League ' date=' please post ... This is quite a good oportunity...[/quote'] Thanks a lot for this info

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Hamburg - PSV Two sides on good form meet here. PSV have only lost once since the summer but come up against a very good Hamburg team enjoying a bit fortune recently. With no major new injuries, both sides should be relatively full strength. What with the final in Hamburg this year, it should prove motivation enough for the home side. Hamburg @ 4/6 Liverpool - Unirea Will be taking the scousers with the handicap here. Unirea aren't great away from home and having gotten rid of Petrescu along with quite a few of their players during January, they look considerably weaker than they were. Liverpool -1 @ evens Lille - Fenerbache Lille look like the bet of the round here to be honest. They're on a terrific run of form. Combined with their outstanding home form in Europe (1 loss in four year) and it looks good value. However Fener also are on a good run of form and are particularly impressive away from home. Could be a good game but the home side get my vote. Lille @ 5/6 Under 2.5 @ Atletico - Galatasary Goals. This game screams it. Eduardo Salvio could make his eagerly anticipated debut for Atletico as well. Coming off a great week and in front of their own fans should be enough for a home win. Atletico @ 5/6 Over 2.5 @ 8/11 Rubin Kazan - Hapoel Tel-Aviv I really fancy the home side here even though they haven't played a competitive game in quite some time. They did well in the Championsh League and the -10 temperature really won't suit the Israelis. Rubin -1 @ 7/5 Brugges - Valencia Can see an away win here along with plenty of goals. Valencia are missing quite a few players, especially in defense. However their attacking prowess remains and I can see goals at either end. This overs looks like the bet of the day for me. Brugge aren't on great form recently and I can see that continuing tonight. Valencia @ 8/11 Over 2.5 @ evens

Only reason why I considered Lille earlier was the price and also the fact that Fenerbahce may have their eyes set this weekend. Just look at whom they play and what is at stake.
they are playing in Monday, but galatasaray maybe not win in Sunday in derby with bešiktaš..