UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

heniek31

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February hey guys, first of all, good luck to all of you with you're bets. I played the next bets: Everton - Lissabon : EVERTON 1. (I believe Everton is in better form and 2 levels higher then lissabon, and given the fact they play at home, i see everton winning here!) Ajax - Juventus : BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE. (Ajax is strong upfront with Suarez on fire, so I think they will at least score 1 goal, i dont care how they do it, maybe from a penalty or a just a good goal, at home they WILL score, and then juventus, who is also a topteam will also at least score 1, now i dont know the outcome, but i think both teams are more then good enough to score a goal in this match.) Fulham - Shaktar : BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE. (quite same reason as above match.) Lille - Fenerbahce : BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE. (quite same reason as above match.) Panathinaikos - Roma : BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE. (quite same reason as above match.) Villareal - Wolfsburg : BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE. (quite same reason as above match.) Now I would love some feedback on these bets, to hear your opinions. Cheers.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Good luck to all backing Everton @ 1,70, I would need at least 1,90 for the HW, against a team who is having difficulties at the moment, but has by far more experience/tradition in the Euro Cups - and it does matter more IMO than the current form in the domestic league. All Portuguese Teams defend well, the top 6-7 have tactical culture no less than the French Teams with similar standing...Just a reminder that Hertha, who are almost relegated, are still in this Cup...As I am sure Sporting won't go forward big time, I would rather go for : -- in-play, waiting for Everton odds to reach an acceptable value; -- Draw @ HT; -- More Goals in Second Half...and since In-play with an English Club involved will have more options to choose from, I choose this one. Then, if I am wrong and an early Everton Goal opens the game, still a good choice - plenty of other games :hope 1,70 is low to me, evens was good for those who got it... GL

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Everton v Sporting Everton are without Fellani through injury and Hettinga as he is unavailable but other than that Moyes has named a strong squad. Hibbert is still injured so neville should still be at RB so I think that this makes Moyes midfield selection more attacking, probably a five of Arteta, Osman, Donovan, Cahill and Piennar. Donovan has been the real suprise for me, fitting in immediately and giving the Blues a winger who likes to run at defenders and join in attacks, he seems to have really balanced up their midfield. Everton have hit some form, especially at home, and should be buoyed from the Chelsea result last week. Moyes always takes this competiton seriously and I'm sure he'll want them to continue their good form and get a good result taking them into the game against United on the weekend. The early kick off might effect the crowd but I doubt they'll be many empty seats around Goodison. Can't see past an in form Everton who should look to attack straight from the start. Pick : Everton -1 2.24 (Betfair) GL

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Everton vs Sporting Selection Everton Strength 10/10 Date 16/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.72 (Back) Reasoning Here I guess the hosts will win without great difficulties.Now Everton is in good form,they won last stage in Premier League on own land with Chelsea,score 2-1,so at this match the hosts will have high morale.The other side,Sporting is in a large decline,they had modest results in Portugal,being in Liga Sagres only on 4th place and they were removed and from Cup last week.Very small chances for guests to make a good results in this conditions.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Everton vs Sporting - / -1.5 / 3.15 / bet365 I'm a bitt late with this one cause everybody has highlighted it before me , but i really fancy a home win . The odds for Everton to win with 2 goals difference i find it being a generous gift , being above 3 in decimal value . Was just looking at the last season games in Champions League and ive remember what a shite of a team were Sporting in the last year . They have been trashed by Bayern with and amazing 12:1 allong those two games that they have played... where in the first round on Sporting's field the germans have woned with and amazing 5:0 and in the second leg away from home , Sporting has gathered another 7 goals . I mean that is really impresive... in the bad way , and i rate the English Premier league being much above the german Bundesliga. To add an extra minus for the portuguese side , in this game , they havent been clicking at all this season and they are badly out of form - loosing 3 and drawing 1 out of their last 4 games . The constant selling of the teams turbines , in the couple of past seasons have seriously dented their performances as a competitive time and i dont give them any chance in this game , with an uper-table Premier League side... who happens to be also in great form .

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February What I said before bookies spoiled the game Everton -Sporting for me.Minutes before the game they start raising odds for HW Everton again at 1.72 at Bet365.Bwin are quite 'sure' about the HW 1.55.Some small bookmakers dropped Everton to 1.55 and less and moved the game out of their program.As a rule when odds are moving like crazy up and down i just leave the game.Cheers & Good Luck P.S. It would be quite interesting if Sporting score first how will bookies react :?

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

What I said before bookies spoiled the game Everton -Sporting for me.Minutes before the game they start raising odds for HW Everton again at 1.72 at Bet365.Bwin are quite 'sure' about the HW 1.55.Some small bookmakers dropped Everton to 1.55 and less and moved the game out of their program.As a rule when odds are moving like crazy up and down i just leave the game.Cheers & Good Luck P.S. It would be quite interesting if Sporting score first how will bookies react :?
Bet365 are not to be trusted with odds movement cause they do that from their own initiative in a calculated scheme to atract more clients . They do this on every game without any objectiv reason , and often you could see that the odds have raise on all the outcomes of a game . Bwin are more likely to show the right trend of things :ok

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Well done Everton :nana That's me done for Europa this week.Also was lucky to get @1.95 on them.Now i can sit back,relax and watch the rest of the matches.All of them look very tight.I think i'll do more bets in second leg.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Two games stick out to me: Roma look great value at 2.47. They are in terrific form, coming off 9 (nine) straight wins! (12 wins and 2 draws in their last 14). Marseille @ 2.2? The league hasn't even started in Denmark yet, so Copenhagen shouldn't be in top match form yet.. Thoughts on these?

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February It will be interesting to see the prices for the return leg of Sporting - Everton. While I think we cruised the 2nd half except for a shockingly bad pass from Rodwell. I saw enough of Sporting in the first half to suggest they could cause us a lot of problems, especially with Yobo Senderos as a partnership. The 2nd leg really could go either way tbh, I expect a different Sporting team to turn up.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February The odds on Liverpool suggest a 75% chance of them winning this game. Does anyone think this is right ? Not even sure about the team news or who serious they'll even take this given the battle for 4th spot. Looks an obvious lay.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February

The odds on Liverpool suggest a 75% chance of them winning this game. Does anyone think this is right ? Not even sure about the team news or who serious they'll even take this given the battle for 4th spot. Looks an obvious lay.
Looks about right to be honest. Unirea SHOULD have zero chance of getting anything at Anfield against even this Liverpool squad. A game probably left alone for me personally, as I'm sure people are aware that I don't like backing short priced favourites to win a massive handicap. Liverpool to win by one clear goal might appeal though because I still don't think it will be as easy as the odds suggest.

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Unirea's coach who is the man credited with the team results this year in CL have left the club for a better offer . Also the most important players from the midfield and attack have transfered . Unirea is not the team they used to be 3 months ago . The -1.5 Liverpool handicap is priced quite right IMO but i'm not really convinced that Liverpool wants to continue in this competion . I think playing for the next CL spot is more important for them . So if anyone can help with infos about Liverpool's intentions in Europa League , please post ... This is quite a good oportunity...

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February I fancy taking Bilbao to come from behind and win the game against Anderlecht at 9/1. Bilbao have conceded in all but one of their Europa League games at home this season and it's because their defence is poor, basically. They fell a goal behind to Nacional Madeira before winning 2-1 in the group stage of this competition and fell behind twice at home to Tromso in the qualifiers for the group stages before eventually winning that game too. Their 3-0 win against Austria Vienna at home was a good win but it failed to reflect that the Austrians had a good number of chances to score against Bilbao, particularly early on in the game. Werder Bremen won at San Mames 3-0 so Bilbao are prone to conceding goals. However, their never-say-die attitude tends to bail them out more often than not and they generally end up winning their games. They've got the players to beat Anderlecht but are notorious slow starters in games. Anderlecht are a better side than the bookies are giving them credit for and they're extremely potent, which furthers my call. Anderlecht's pacey attack is exactly what Bilbao hate as they're a bit short of it at the back themselves. Anderlecht have scored five goals in three away games in this competition, including three at Ajax, so they're more than capable of doing damage. Their domestic form of late has been unconvincing but I think they'd settle for an away goal in this game irrespective of whether they lose or not as Bilbao are a bigger club and are at home. Anderlecht's defending is also somewhat wayward, however, so I can't see Bilbao not doing damage to them, particularly with the lethal Fernando Llorente in attack. Athletic are the better of these two sides but both love to attack so I envision plenty of goals here, particularly as neither can defend particularly well. I'm happy to admit this is a long shot but I believe it'll happen and the odds are worthwhile if it does!

Re: UEFA Europe League 16-18 February Panathinaikos - Roma: Roma @ 2.58 (Betfair) 10/10 Roma has achieved a demonic form lately. They have 9 straight wins (all competitions) including wins against teams that are at least as good as Panathinaikos or better. Furthermore, there is no reason to doubt their seriousness concerning this competition. Panathinaikos is going through a bad patch of results including a recent 0-2 home loss to Kavala where they were 1.20 - 1.30 favourites. They still lead the Greek league but their 8 point lead has been slashed to just three points and they are feeling the pressure. Furthermore, the hosts have a crucial away match with PAOK (3rd in the league) this Sunday. The expectation is that Panathinaikos will rest some key players in anticipation of the Sunday match. Panathinaikos is one of the "big" Greek teams, but in the last 15 years they have only won one title. Their preference, I believe, will be to stay on course for the title and therefore the resting of players is logical. So, with Roma in form and Panathinaikos in less than great form I think that Roma should, at least, narrowly win this and make the return match easier. The odds for Roma's win, given the circumstances, is great.