Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 8-14 February Agree with you on Flipkens smeg:ok

Sport Tennis
Event Timea Bacsinszky v Kirsten Flipkens
Selection Kirsten Flipkens
Strength 10/10
Date 14/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Both players I like, but have to choose Flipkens here. I thought Bacsinsky would beat Sprem last week, but she put in a poor effort and her form at the start of this year is looking poor. Flipkens is a quality player, and is coming back up the rankings after injuury problems. She's come through qualifying for this tournament and I think should be favourite for this match.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 February

Sport Tennis
Event Robin Soderling v Mikhal Youzhny
Selection Mikhail Youzhny
Strength 10/10
Date 14/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.40 (Back)
Reasoning Happy to take the big price on Youzhny in the final. Both guys seem to be playing grat coming into this and I think it'll be close. Youzhny in particular looks strong, coming back against Monfils and holding his nerve against an out-of-sorts Djokovic. Both have had some poor times in finals, but Youzhny has won this tournament before and you can never underestimate the chance of a choke from a fav like Soderling. I'd have Youzhny closer to 2.5 for this.

Sport Tennis
Event Elena Dementieva v Lucie Safarova
Selection Lucie Safarova +3.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 14/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Was going to leave this game, but just decided to make a play. If this were the semi final, I'd back Safarova for the match at the prices, but in final Dementieva has more chance. But I still expect this game to be close, likely 3 sets so great chance to cover handicap. Safarova has been playing excellent tennis all week, and did very well coming back against Pennetta yesterday. She'll attack Dementievas serve relentlessly today and should have some success. Dementieva has been OK this week, was strong towards the end yesterday. But she's not in dominant form and Safarova indoors can be a beast. Good chance to cover the handicap.

Sport Tennis
Event Zheng - Molik
Selection Molik + 5.5 Games (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Alicia Molik is slowly getting her ranking back as she once was top ten player.Since her return she looks physically ready but still looking for her game to click.She has one of best serves on womens tour and in qualies took full advantage of it with 15 aces in couple of matches.Her game is basically based around it as she is attacking player with great netplay.Weaknesses are lack of mobility and backhand wing where she mostly plays slice,but when her serve is on she can stay in matches with most of players on WTA.Her opponent Zheng didnt play since great campaign at AO and should be rusty in this one.Anyway she isnt the fastest starter in her matches as she plays lot of three setters.In this matchup she should have her way in most of longer exchanges as she has clear advantage on backhand side and is more consistent generally.But Molik is much better on serve and that should put even more pressure on worst part of Zheng game.I expect Molik to stay in this all the way and cover this spread.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 February flipkens beats bacsinszky 6-3,6-4 at 6-5!! happy days!! i have seen some nice prices for tomorrow in the tennis! but just for today i will post a tip for gilles muller to beat karol beck at evens with paddypower!! i have backed muller in every match at bergamo this week after he won his first round! he has been the underdog in every match and he is so again today!! it has to be said that beck is his toughest opponent so far this week!!the surface suits both players (its playing very fast) and i expect it to be a close match!! but muller has so much bottle when it comes to the big points(he is an absolute demon in tie-breaks) and when he goes on a run he can be a formidable opponent to stop!! his run to the quarters in the us open 2008 proves that and he has generally performed at a higher level than beck in his inconsistent injury prone career WHEN HE IS ON FORM!!! he seems to be back on form again and full of confidence and beck won't enjoy seeing all those booming serves go by him today and has his work cut out!! just 1 point this time though!!

Sport Tennis
Event Peer - Wickmayer
Selection Peer
Strength 10/10
Date 15/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Although I think that generally Peer has no real weapons to hurt Wickmayer,this time it looks like nice spot to take advantage in decline of form from Dutch girl.Peer is playing this season at the same level and even when she losses that is to inform players who are just to good for her on that day.You will always get from her wall like performance as she usually plays procentage tennis.When they played in Auckland she had no real chances as Yanina was at top of her game but in last few matches her form has drop longway.She lost to Martic and won against Radwanska in match she really should have lose.Both of these players deploy similar style to Peer with deep balls and resiliant defence.To me it was clear that Wickmayer has lost some confidence and is playing with probably 3/4 of her real power.She doesnt have B plan and with her all attack tennis not working properly i think she will really strugle in this matchup tomorrow.

Sport Tennis
Event Juan Carlos Ferrero v Lukasz Kubot
Selection Juan Carlos Ferrero -5.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 14/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning I'll take a chance with this alternative handicap. Kubot has played great this week, but had 6 sets on Friday and 5 sets yesterday including doubles. He looked very tired against Andreev and it was the Russians ineptitude that allowed him back in the match. Can't see Ferrero being so generous. Ferro has got better as the tournament has gone on and I see him having a clear run to the title tonight. I see him taking 1 of the sets easily and giving the handicap a great chance so I'll take this at a juicy price.
Sport Tennis
Event Andy Roddick v Fernando Verdasco
Selection Lay Fernando Verdasco (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.05 (Lay)
Reasoning Roddick for me in this final. Both had tough semi finals but Roddicks was quite expected while Verdasco should really have hammered a guy like Istomin. H2H is heavily in favour of Roddick and with this being in the US and indoors a lot of positives in his favour. Also he showed again against Querrey he is incredible when it gets close, so however this match goes I expect Roddick to pick up the title.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 February ferrero mattek double at evens with powers!! get on quick!! mattek looked very impressive last week in the fed cup beating cornet in france in straight sets on her least favourite surface clay!!she's back on home turf now and should have way too much for brit o'brien who hasn't one single result of note and is simply a class below the aggressive mattek!! ferrero is looking really motivated and sharp this week!!kubot should be tiring and benefited from a mental collapse by andreev yesterday!! ferrero won't be bothered by his net rushing either as juan carlos loves a target and is still so quick so should be able to chase down kubots drop volleys which demoralised andreev yesterday!!plus,its a final and ferrero knows how to win these and cant see the classier player slipping up here!!