International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 24th May This is a bit random but with Bet365 1 x 2 Macedonia v Burkina Faso 4 3.5 1.72 I can't understand why Macedonia have such long odds. They are only 8 places apart in the FIFA world rankings and Macedonia have had some good results at home. Recently they beat Canada 3-0, narrowly lost to Spain 2-3, drew 0-0 with Norway, beat Iceland 2-0 and not too long ago beat Scotland 2-0. Whereas Burkina Faso have had some poor away results particularly when leaving Africa, for instance losing to Bahrain. I don't know if Bet365 have made a mistake here or if they know something I don't as I am far from being an expert on Macedonian football! On the off chance that anyone knows anything please let me know. Thanks.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macedonia v Burkina Faso This match was listed on bet365 and I fancied a punt on Macedonia at 3/1 at home. I placed my bet and the match has dissapeared. Any ideas why? Its also not listed on any of the usual livescore sites so im a little confused and slightly concerned!

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso felt like replying im from amcedonia indeed that team is considered the 'B' team, although its a bit worse and the game is not at home, its at an internationa tournament in Yemen so.. I don't expect anything from our team there the other two games will be vs Yemen and Oman.. regards

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso Ive just returned from the gym to not only read this but discover it on Bet365 myself. The game was initially listed as Macedonia v Burkina Faso and not the B team. My betting slip confirms this also. Im not talking about a big stake here but surely some trust issue has been breached!

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 24th May

Anybody have any idea about the Bulgarian team. If Berbatov and Petrov are playing then it gives them a chance.
We will be without Berbatov and Martin Petrov.Berbatov retired from the national team and Petrov isn't fit enough. Here is the group: Goalkeepers: Nikolay Mihaylov(Twente), Georgi Petkov(Levski Sofia) Defenders: Pavel Vidanov(CSKA Sofia), Veselin Minev(Levski Sofia), Plamen Nikolov(Litex Lovech), Stanislav Manolev(PSV), Ivan Ivanov(Alania), Zhivko Milanov(Vaslui) Midfielders: Stanislav Angelov(Energie), Blagoy Georgiev(Terek), Chavdar Yankov(Metalurh Donetsk), Stiliyan Petrov(Aston Villa), Georgi Peev(Amkar), Ivan Stoyanov(Alania), Nikolay Dimitrov(Kasimpasa) Forwards: Valeri Bojinov(Parma), Martin Kamburov(Lokomotiv Sofia), Ivelin Popov(Litex Lovech), Dimitar Rangelov(Borussia Dortmund) I don't know what's the Belgian squad, but in my opinion they are favorites in this game..

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso Yep, not looking good dude..84mins 0-1..bad luck, best not to bet on games like this though that people in this country will know little to nothing about, good of bzbz to supply some info even if it did come a bit late for you..cant see you getting far with getting the bet voided or anything..

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso well, we lost 0-2 in teh end honestly, i dont think u'll get ur bet refunded if its of any help, as MK citizen, I dont expect a victory against yemen or oman, the games are 20 and 22 may i think

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso Chat log with a Bet365 staff member: chatinfo.gifThank you for contacting bet365 Live Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly. chatinfo.gifYou are now chatting with Dave W. Dave W: Hello, welcome to Live Chat. How may I help you? Michael: HI, I recently contacted your service team regarding a bet I made earlier. At the time of the bet being placed the fixture was listed as Macedonia V Burkina Faso. It was then removed from your list. Upon my return the game is now listed as Macedonia B v Burkina Faso. Had this been the case initially I wouldnt have placed the bet. I feel that some level of trust has been breached here. Dave W: We have notified the relevant department of this change and we are awaiting a reply regarding the bets that were placed. Michael: What is likely to be the outcome? Michael: I use you guys quite alot and have recommended this site to many others. Id hate to have misplaced my faith. Dave W: I am unable to make any comments at this time. Dave W: This would not be the case, we advertise all fixtures according to the information we receive. Dave W: I appreciate your comments however as the fixture when in-play was slightly different to as advertised previously. Michael: Slightly? Dave W: I am prepared to offer you a £10 bonus as a way of clarifying this matter, do you feel this is an adequate solution? Michael: Its a completely different team! Dave W: This may be the original fixture we had listed however only with the difference of the "B" team, as advised I am unable to clarify any other information but I am prepared to offer you a bonus to the amount of your last bet on this game. Michael: Im not sure, whilst its probably a generous offer and the only expected resolution to this situation it just feels a bit wrong and im concerned incase such things happen again. Dave W: I understand what you are saying yes, however as I am sure you can appreciate, we can only build events and fixtures according to information advertised, if this information is changed, even slightly, we may alter the fixture itself to accomodate this. Dave W: In relation to this specific game, I am unaware as to how we are going to procede with this match until we have reviewed this. Michael: Ok, I see your point. I accept the offer and hope such things dont occur in the future.Thank you. Dave W: One moment please. Dave W: I have added this to your account, and also activated this for you. Dave W: The next bet(s) you place will be placed using the £10 bonus. Michael: Thank you. All in all its a fair resolution to what was a pretty strange situation!

It is Macedonias B team which is why the odds seem big.
Thanks. I found out it's not a home game either, it's in Oman I think, which is very hot and would favour the opposition.

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso guess they'll give me the winnings We are contacting you regarding bet ID XXX placed at odds of 1.72 on Burkina Faso (Full Time Result Macedonia v Burkina Faso). We have identified that this fixture was listed incorrectly and as such, in accordance with our rules, the selection should have been made void On this occasion we have allowed the selection to stand as a gesture of goodwill.

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso Sorry for not helping here but i just came home. Like to oppose our B team in the remaining games in Yemen. Players don't know each other very well, they are lead by U21 national coach, had two days long trip till they get there and are now playing against A teams on 2300 meters above sea level what should be another handicap for the team. Can't see them getting anything in the remaining games. :welcome bzbz

I don't know what's the Belgian squad' date=' but in my opinion they are favorites in this game..[/quote'] this is the Belgian squad: Gardiens: Logan Bailly (Borussia Mönchengladbach/All), Jean-François Gillet (AS Bari/Ita), Silvio Proto (Anderlecht) Défenseurs: Toby Alderweireld (Ajax/P-B), Laurent Ciman (Courtrai), Olivier Deschacht (Anderlecht), Guillaume Gillet (Anderlecht), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City/Ang), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit Saint-Petersbourg/Rus), Jelle Van Damme (Anderlecht) Milieux de terrain : Thomas Buffel (KRC Genk), Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez (Standard), Kevin De Bruyne (KRC Genk), Steven Defour (Standard), Eden Hazard (Lille/Fra), Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht), Christophe Lepoint (La Gantoise), Bernd Thijs (La Gantoise), Jan Vertonghen (Ajax/P-B) Attaquants: Christian Benteke (Courtrai), Moussa Dembélé (AZ Alkmaar/P-B), Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht), Kevin Mirallas (Saint-Etienne/Fra). Probable line up: Gillet Alderweireld - Kompany - Lombaerts - Van Damme Defour - Vertonghen - Buffel Hazard - Lukaku - Dembele

Anybody have any idea about the Bulgarian team. If Berbatov and Petrov are playing then it gives them a chance.
Bulgarian coach Stoilov is going to field Petkov Manolev - Angelov - Ivanov - Milanov Peev - S.Petrov - Yankov - Georgiev Popov - Bojinov Berbatov redited from the national team a few days ago

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Just in. Bulgarian NT goalkeeper Georgi Petkov got injured and will not play today. The backup keeper- Nikolay Mihaylov(Twente's 2nd choise) will start instead. Which means Belgium will most likely win :D (and I will make some money today) Wish me luck:cow

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso See why you took the bet and it does seem 365 misled you. Is the bonus really such a good thing anyway? I've had many of these from 365 but don't you have to bet so many times before you actually get to use the ''bonus''? Not that I'm badmouthing 365, which I think is far and away the best site out there.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Odds on Belgium dropped a bit, but 1,9 still available in my local must be value and i'll take that with medium stake. As we see Bulgarian squad is in some mess atm and i'm not sure about their motivation tonight. On the other side Belgium with some strong names in the squad who will surely try to impress Georges Leekens in his debut as headcoach. With the advantage of the home field I see Belgium winning this one more or less with ease. Half unit on Bulgaria HT/Belgium FT @ 30 just for fun

Re: Macedonia v Burkina Faso

See why you took the bet and it does seem 365 misled you. Is the bonus really such a good thing anyway? I've had many of these from 365 but don't you have to bet so many times before you actually get to use the ''bonus''? Not that I'm badmouthing 365' date=' which I think is far and away the best site out there.[/quote'] Turned the Bonus into £98 to cashout due to a simple treble.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May

Just in. Bulgarian NT goalkeeper Georgi Petkov got injured and will not play today. The backup keeper- Nikolay Mihaylov(Twente's 2nd choise) will start instead. Which means Belgium will most likely win :D (and I will make some money today) Wish me luck:cow
You really shouldn't have said that because you've jinxed it now lol.. Hazard misses a penalty and then Bulgaria score.

Odds on Belgium dropped a bit' date= but 1,9 still available in my local must be value and i'll take that with medium stake. As we see Bulgarian squad is in some mess atm and i'm not sure about their motivation tonight. On the other side Belgium with some strong names in the squad who will surely try to impress Georges Leekens in his debut as headcoach. With the advantage of the home field I see Belgium winning this one more or less with ease. Half unit on Bulgaria HT/Belgium FT @ 30 just for fun
Very nice! :nanaMy hat goes off to you.

Odds on Belgium dropped a bit' date= but 1,9 still available in my local must be value and i'll take that with medium stake. As we see Bulgarian squad is in some mess atm and i'm not sure about their motivation tonight. On the other side Belgium with some strong names in the squad who will surely try to impress Georges Leekens in his debut as headcoach. With the advantage of the home field I see Belgium winning this one more or less with ease. Half unit on Bulgaria HT/Belgium FT @ 30 just for fun
What a pick! I bow to you Sir :notworthy