Tennis: 3rd - 10th January

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Wow Henin/Clijsters was a classic.......:nana.....final set tie break. Absolutely delighted these two are back playing now....they'll be in contention for every slam I think. Don't think I'll back anything today. In profit for the week so might just watch Rafa/Davydenko. If Rafa was a better price I'd probably take him but Davy is in robot mode at the minute. Rafa won't be as bad as Federer was, so he'll need different tactics for Nadal. Good Luck everyone and back next week for hopefully more winners.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Wickmayer wins easy for me. Henin could have lost easy, could have won but in the end is a lot. Seething at Murray, can't believe he messed it up after Robson got a massive upset. Great Britain must have been 1.02 after Murray won that first set:@:@.

Sport Tennis
Event Stan Wawrinka v Dudi Sela
Selection Dudi Sela
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 4.00 (Back)
Reasoning Wawrinka is a player I don't like at short odds. Sometimes if his game is slightly off he really is poor and don't seem to have a plan to get it back. Sela is a guy that can trouble him, I watched all of Sela v Lacko yesterday and it was a decent match. Both worth hitting well and when he gets on a run Sela can be very dangerous. I also like the match up, Wawrinka has a very nice single handed backhand and this is a department Sela can match him on. I see this as a close match, and Sela should be no more than 3.00.

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January

Sport Tennis
Event Rafa Nadal v Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Davydenko 2-0
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 4.00 (Back)
Reasoning Here comes and the final of Doha, a final where we surely will see a lot of quality tennis as both players has been proved to be in some great forms. Speaking about form, which is the main factor here I have to mentionate that Davydenko is playing at his maximum level while Nadal has played a great game against Troicki but we still we don't have to forget that this happened against Troicki and not Federer. In other words, I see Davydenko with a more steady form than Nadal at the moment. Speaking about class I have to repeat the same thing as in my previous preview that Davydenko is a very and very talented player, there is just all about his consistence which at the moment is great. From another point of view I will say that Davydenko has some advantages in style against Nadal as his attack can trouble a lot Rafa's defence, a factor so important when you play against a great defender. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventSantiago Giraldo v Marin Cilic
SelectionGiraldo +5.5 games
Strength10/10
Date01/08/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningGiraldo 22 years old on top of his career facing Cilic in the right tournament. A tournament where Cilic did not impress a lot and probably is not to motivated to win. On the season 2009' date= Giraldo has proved his best level on hardcourt. The colombian is a very talented player and can make a tough match against any player on hardcourt. There are no doubts that Cilic is the favourite for this one as he is the better player and that he also has the advantage because of his great serve which gives him better chances. But still with all these things these odds are exaggerated as this game could be decided by some few balls and I don't see Giraldo being outplayed here in anyway. This is a tournament for players with less good ranking who needs the points. Robin Soderling is out allready and I can even see Giraldo winning and defenitely not losing by 6 games. Good Luck!
This match was a close one and Giraldo was exactly like I wrote when he had a double break in first set. Giraldo had a good game and really troubled Cilic. In second set Cilic had his serve broken again but after that Giraldo had no answer to Cilic higher level and lost to easy. But he did a good match and this Giraldo is worth keeping an eye out for on hard because he really did trouble Cilic big time. He's got talent but against a better player he could not keep his good game up the hole match.

Nikolay Davydenko vs Rafael Nadal: Nadal at 1.73 Yes, the Russian beat him twice in their last two meetings, but that was indoors, where Nadal is not a his best. Yes, Davydenko spanked Federer and served out of a small tree. Yes, the Russian is the form player, having won the World Tour Finals. But I still fancy Nadal here. First off, Davydenko is tired - he admitted this in his presser yesterday. He's had two gruelling matches, mentally and physically, against Karlovic and Federer. How often do you see players beat Nadal and Federer in a row in two days? I like Davydenko a lot, but I can see him coming up short here. Nadal's breezed through the tournament. No-one has troubled him. He's confident, fit, and playing very well. He prefers the slower outdoor hardcourt and will deal with any gusts of wind better than the Russian. Also, this tournament means a lot to him. He wants to start the year on a high after the poor performances of last year. I think he's got everything going for him here and I can see the Spaniard lifting the trophy this afternoon. Bet strength: 5pts
Nadal loses 0-6 7-6 6-4 :eyes Well, firstly, what an incredible comeback from Davydenko. Showed a lot of guts to haul himself out of a rut there. Nadal had two championship points on his serve in the tie-break and didn't take them. One of those days. Well done to all who called Davydenko.