Tennis: 3rd - 10th January

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January BET OF THE DAY!!!!! ERNSET GULBIS PLUS 5.5 GAMES AGAINST ROGER FEDERER!!! ernest is looking determined and motivated for the start of this season....like he's finally matured enough to focus on his tennis and try and fulfil his undoubted potential!! the reason i like this bet so much is because he's serving really well this week!!he hammered montanes and beat solid baseliner seppi in straight sets!! roger tends not to be firing on all cylinders in the early rounds and i think gulbis has enough class to live with roger from the back of the court!"!he'l;l also be able 2 get lots of free points of his serve!! i think he can push federer in 2 tight sets and then get tight when the big points come!!they've never played one another before and i do honestly think gulbis is the type of player roger plays very well....aggressive attacker....little bit headless at times!!but 5.5 games is a huge advantage against a big server like gulbis!!a scoreline like 6-4,6-3 would be good enough!!nad gulbis always seems to raise his game against the big guns in the past!!!so i just really fancy this bet!! BET OF THE DAY....GULBIS +PLUS 5.5 GAMES AGAINST FEDERER! 4-6 PADDYPOWERS (WAS 5-6)

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Ernests Gulbis
Selection Ernests Gulbis to win a set
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning This offer seems too big. Gulbis raises his game against top palyers and has a chance here. So far this week he'll looked good and kept a high level better than he has in the past. I'm not sure about Federer, he seems quite shaky at times. He's come through fine so far but this will be a much tough test and he could have a lot of problems today.

Sport Tennis
Event Nikolay Davydenko v Ivo Karlovic
Selection Karlovic
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.62 (Back)
Reasoning Nikolay Davydenko did impressed a lot at the end on the season 2009, he has proved his best level there with some just fantastic tennis. The russian is a very talented problem and there can't be any doubts about that, but lets take a look to his today's opponent who is playing a original style and who can make a tough match against any player. There are no doubts that Davydenko is the favourite for this one as he is the better player and that he also has the advantage because of his great return which gives him better chances certain against players with huge serve, but still with all these things these odds are exaggerated as this game could be decided by some few balls. On the other hand Karlovic did impressed for the first time with his baseline play, he has improved clear a lot in the pause and the results are visible. All in all, this could be very easy a balanced game and these odds represents some nice value. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventSantiago Giraldo v Marin Cilic
SelectionGiraldo +5.5 games
Strength10/10
Date01/08/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningGiraldo 22 years old on top of his career facing Cilic in the right tournament. A tournament where Cilic did not impress a lot and probably is not to motivated to win. On the season 2009, Giraldo has proved his best level on hardcourt. The colombian is a very talented player and can make a tough match against any player on hardcourt. There are no doubts that Cilic is the favourite for this one as he is the better player and that he also has the advantage because of his great serve which gives him better chances. But still with all these things these odds are exaggerated as this game could be decided by some few balls and I don't see Giraldo being outplayed here in anyway. This is a tournament for players with less good ranking who needs the points. Robin Soderling is out allready and I can even see Giraldo winning and defenitely not losing by 6 games. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Henin - Ivanovic Well , may be head to head ( 4- 0 ) says nothing for this match but there is huge class difference between these players. However , if henin wants to win australian open 2010 , she should win this match very easily. In this tournoment Henin beat Petrova . Last year Petrova was better than Ivanovic.This match won't be more difficult than Henin-Petrova match. The odds of Henin is really very high . Ivanovic can beat Henin only , henin is injured. Henin to beat Ivanovic @1.50

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHenin - Ivanovic
SelectionHenin
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2010
Bookmaker/PriceEurobet @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningIvanovic ahd terrible last year and I don't think much changed in this so far.Henin always knew how to play Ana and she has 4:0 record against her and 8:1 set record.Henin played long and tough match against Czink but that's exactly what she needs to get back into her zone.This kind of matches just build her form.Today I hope she will take care of Ana and hopefully set up Belgian final with Clijsters :)
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWickmayer - Peer set hc
SelectionPeer + 1,5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningBoth girls in good form and I can see real thriller in this one.Peer had impressive win over Rybarikova and an easy win against in form Kirilenko.Although is was three setter Peer was not in any danger imo.Comfortable win.She had great end of last season and he is carrying this form into this one.I watched her and she looks really good.She can take at least one set from Wickmayer in this one.

Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta v Francesca Schiavone
Selection Francesca Schiavone
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.53 (Back)
Reasoning I simply think this is very close match, so happy to take 2.53. These Italian girls know each others game very well, and H2H is 3-1 to Schiavone winning all 3 on hard courts. That could be important, and looking this week I've watched both and both are playing really well. Neither has been troubled at all and this is biggest test by far for both, I think Schiavone should be closer to 2.10.
Sport Tennis
Event Dudi Sela v Lukas Lacko
Selection Lukas Lacko
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning Lacko is my guy, and at this price I see no reason to stop betting him. He's already got 2 nice wins for me this week, he's a player I followed closely last year and I think he should win this. Sela is reasonable player and has come through OK so far, but when acko gets going I think he will be too strong. Of course Sela has more experience and better ranking, but Lacko is the guy on the top. I think Lacko should be very small underdog and this price is good enough.

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Hopman Cup - Phillipp Kohlschreiber vs Andrey Golubev: Golubev to win at 2.67 This is a dead rubber for Kohlschreiber in terms of the tie. The Germans cannot qualify, while Kazakhstan need to hope that Britain lose to Russia and the set scoring goes their way. In short, Golubev has more to play for. Kohlschreiber has been on woeful form recently. He was beaten by Igor Andreev and also Andy Murray in this tournament and has seemed to be in a rut after beating Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros last year. I can't see him caring too much about this match. He is the more talented plater but I question his motivation here. As for Golubev, he made giant strides last season and has quite a powerful game, especially with his forehand. He'll be buoyed after beating Andreev in straight sets and I reckon he could well have enough to beat a passive Kohlschreiber here and keep up his good form. Bet strength: 2pts

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Once again, it seems like a day of slim pickings. The one other game that caught my eye is Lacko against Sela. The Slovak seems to be playing really well and see that Cramer has tipped him, but I also like Sela, who is dangerous on a hard court. Cramer, can you tell me what Lacko's like? Does he have a big serve/forehand/backhand? Does he prefer coming to the net or staying at the baseline. He's one of the few guys on tour I've never seen, so would like to have an idea of what he's like. Well done to all who had winners in the previous round. Good luck for this one :ok

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January About Lacko, if I had to compare him to somebody I would say Andreev, maybe without such extreme grips. He's very solid, likes to attack with his forehand which I think is a very nice shot. Backhand is solid, but not special. He's a great mover IMO, very quick considering he's pretty big. Like most players sometimes at the net but often just to finish point after big forehand.

About Lacko' date=' if I had to compare him to somebody I would say Andreev, maybe without such extreme grips. He's very solid, likes to attack with his forehand which I think is a very nice shot. Backhand is solid, but not special. He's a great mover IMO, very quick considering he's pretty big. Like most players sometimes at the net but often just to finish point after big forehand.[/quote'] Cheers Cramer. Got to be honest, I don't rate Andreev (well the recent Andreev, as his form is woeful)! However, I get what you mean about his style. Thing about Sela, he's a talented guy, but if he's up against a big hitter, I'm not sure he can cope as well. Istomin (generally a poorer standard) and Kim (not a big hitter) weren't great tests. It's all about whether Lacko's got the ability to over-power Sela, because the Israeli can be quite a deft player.

Just thought I would also mention' date=' Lacko is definately a hard court and quicker court player (unlike Andeev). In the past 12 months he's played 2 matches on clay and lost both in Davis Cup.[/quote'] I don't write here a lot but I won on Lacko last match and since he comes from Slovakia he is a hardcourter like most players from eastern europe with exception that players from Hungary, Romania and Montenegro seems to favor clay. Last season Lacko had a good year on Challengers and have not played so mutch on ATP tour but he is to good to play on Challenger tour.

Hopman Cup - Phillipp Kohlschreiber vs Andrey Golubev: Golubev to win at 2.67 This is a dead rubber for Kohlschreiber in terms of the tie. The Germans cannot qualify, while Kazakhstan need to hope that Britain lose to Russia and the set scoring goes their way. In short, Golubev has more to play for. Kohlschreiber has been on woeful form recently. He was beaten by Igor Andreev and also Andy Murray in this tournament and has seemed to be in a rut after beating Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros last year. I can't see him caring too much about this match. He is the more talented plater but I question his motivation here. As for Golubev, he made giant strides last season and has quite a powerful game, especially with his forehand. He'll be buoyed after beating Andreev in straight sets and I reckon he could well have enough to beat a passive Kohlschreiber here and keep up his good form. Bet strength: 2pts
Golubev wins 6-2 6-1 :cow Expected the Kazakh to win here but not this convincingly. Worrying times for Kohlschreiber.

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Lacko +1.5 games @ 5/6

Have to go with Lacko here. My only concern is his experience and mentality in a quarter final match. But he’s been pounding serves all week so will be able to keep it tight. Sela is an OK player, better ranked and more experienced. Covers the court well and counter-puncher style. Has a weak serve however, maybe chances for Lacko there. Have to take this.

Will take one more match later and stuck between:

Clijsters to beat Henin

Monfils to beat Stepanek

H2H 3-1 to Monfils, all his wins on HC. Have high hopes for Gael this year, but like always his form is patchy during matches. Could easily be gone already but showed glimpses of his class aswell, especially against Blake. Radek is a solid player, strong serve, good from the baseline, tactically good and can mix it up. Just feel Monfils has enough to pull through this one, he’ll cover a lot of ground and get extra balls back.

Henin is one of my favouries in WTA. Class act. But still not 100% sharp, balls not yet as deep as she would like, serve not at top level yet. Clijsters has had some tricky moments this week and struggled at times but feel her game is little sharper than Justines. I would side with Kim here.

Any thoughts on these two matches??

Lacko +1.5 games @ 5/6

Have to go with Lacko here. My only concern is his experience and mentality in a quarter final match. But he’s been pounding serves all week so will be able to keep it tight. Sela is an OK player, better ranked and more experienced. Covers the court well and counter-puncher style. Has a weak serve however, maybe chances for Lacko there. Have to take this.

Will take one more match later and stuck between:

Clijsters to beat Henin

Monfils to beat Stepanek

H2H 3-1 to Monfils, all his wins on HC. Have high hopes for Gael this year, but like always his form is patchy during matches. Could easily be gone already but showed glimpses of his class aswell, especially against Blake. Radek is a solid player, strong serve, good from the baseline, tactically good and can mix it up. Just feel Monfils has enough to pull through this one, he’ll cover a lot of ground and get extra balls back.

Henin is one of my favouries in WTA. Class act. But still not 100% sharp, balls not yet as deep as she would like, serve not at top level yet. Clijsters has had some tricky moments this week and struggled at times but feel her game is little sharper than Justines. I would side with Kim here.

Any thoughts on these two matches??

Tend not to dabble in the WTA IAmGooner, simply because I have enough on my plate trying to decipher and follow the men's tour. As for Monfils-Stepanek, I've taken Stepanek to win the tournament EW, and I think he's got a good chance of reaching the final. It's a hard match to call and one I expected when I completed the draw myself (you might be interested to know that I had the other semi down as Baghdatis vs Melzer!). Monfils has been frustrating this week - one minute he's brilliant, the next he throws in a stupid shot. Stepanek won this last year and he likes the court. He mixes it up well and has been on form for a few months now. He'll also want to avenge his semi-final defeat in Paris in November. Really hard one to call. I'd probably plump for Stepanek, but it's certainly not a match I'd want to bet on.

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 01/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.86 (Back)
Reasoning Well, the last game between these two players have ended with a victory for the russian player who did impressed a lot, then the odds on him were much better than now and that reudce from today's value, but still we have nice value. Davydenko is a player very and very talented, a player with a unique style. Davydenko had problems with his stabiity in the past but now he looks much better from this point of view. From the class point of view the russian player can compete very well against any top player, thats why we have value on him even this time when he is rated with these not so high odds. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventRoger Federer v Nikolay Davydenko
SelectionDavydenko
Strength10/10
Date01/08/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.86 (Back)
ReasoningWell, the last game between these two players have ended with a victory for the russian player who did impressed a lot, then the odds on him were much better than now and that reudce from today's value, but still we have nice value. Davydenko is a player very and very talented, a player with a unique style. Davydenko had problems with his stabiity in the past but now he looks much better from this point of view. From the class point of view the russian player can compete very well against any top player, thats why we have value on him even this time when he is rated with these not so high odds. Good Luck!
Rewarded for a brave call mate. Top stuff :ok

Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta v Yanina Wickmayer
Selection Yanina Wickmayer
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.62 (Back)
Reasoning I'm quite surprised by this price, thought it would be very close to evens. Both top players just outside top 10 and looking to get in. Both have been very impressive this week. Wickmayer had a tougher match yesterday against Peer but Peer was playing really well. Decent value in this final I think.
Sport Tennis
Event Kim Clijsters v Justine Henin
Selection Justine Henin
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.26 (Back)
Reasoning Henin in her comeback tournament, but still can win! She's played very well, and just had 1 tough match against Czink. Now made it to the final I think she can win. Clijsters still in comeback mode a bit I think, she is not a regular tour player. She's played very well this week and this should be a great final. Looking at the H2H from the past, Henin leads 8-5 (1 Clijsters win on retirement) and 3-2 on outdoor hard courts. Because of that, I think she appeals as the outsider and it would be great if she won!
Sport Tennis
Event Hopman Cup: Great Britain v Spain
Selection Great Britain
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning At the start of the tournament I didn't like the Great Britain team, but now I've changed my mind. They seem to have gelled really well and have played very well. In particular Murray seems to be in top form and should be the dominant player in the doubles. Robson too has looked good, especially in the doubles her volleying has improved massively. Expect this to come down to the doubles, but if there is an upset in the singles I'd say it would be Robson. I think her game style might match up well against Martinez Sanchez and she can cause problems. Both the Spaniards are decent doubles players but I think Murray/Robson are looking more of a team and really having fun, and I think they are favourites for this.
Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Nicolay Davydenko
Selection Nicolay Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.30 (Back)
Reasoning This should be good! Both players showing excellent form this week. But, having won the last 2 meetings last year I take Davydenko as underdog. This really could be his year. So impressive this week, particularly on serve he is very strong. Remember back a few years when he struggled so much with serve, this is a different man. It comes from confidence, and he is full of it. When he beat Federer at the O2 it was such a big deal, but today it was simply routine. That's how well he is playing. Nadal too is playing very well, better than at the end of last year. But his opposition has been quite poor, and this will be a big test to see if he is really playing well. Should be close match, but I like this price on Davydenko.

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Clijsters - Henin It is '' now or never '' match for Clijsters. Henin beat Clijsters 3 tmes in a row. This is best chance for Clijsters to beat Henin. Probably the main target of Henin for her comeback is to win wimbledon. But Clijsters have much more targets . For example to win australian open , wimbledon or roland garros. Between these 3 , the best surface that suits clijsters's game is australian open. We all know Clijsters doesn't like playing on clay. Also she is not big server like serena and venus , so her chance to win wimbledon is very low. So , australian open has the best surface for clijsters. And a victory against henin , makes clijsters number one favorite for australian open. Moreover this victory will give clijsters mental advantage for australian open. So , this match is more important for clijsters than henin. Clijsters to beat henin @1.73

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Roddick v Tomas Berdych
Selection Berdych
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.41 (Back)
Reasoning Andy Roddick is the clear favourite before this game in bookmaker's vision but I have to disagree with that. There are no doubts that Roddick is just overall the better player than Berdych, but this difference shouldn't be till this high odds. I said that the difference in class shouldn't be represented with these high odds, but besides class there is also another factors which is for example form, a very important one, Berdych has proved some very impressive tennis here at Brisbane, he has played very closed to his best level. Another factor is Roddick's motivation as this is not a so important tournament as Australian Open where he should be 100% motivated without any doubts. So, as a conclusion Tomas Berdych is playing maybe at his best level here at Brisbane, a really good form, the difference in class between these two players is not so high as well and also there should be more motivation on Berdych's side. Nice value IMO here. Good Luck!

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPennetta - Wickmayer
SelectionPennetta
Strength10/10
Date09/01/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.61 (Back)
ReasoningPennetta in great form.She crushed Schiavone easily in QF who also played great tennis so far.She is more mature player and more consistent imo.This can be close one but in the end I think Pennetta will win this.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHenin - Clijsters set hc
SelectionHenin + 1,5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date09/01/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.48 (Back)
ReasoningI have a bet on Henin to win this tournament so why shouldn't I try this one as well :) She seems fit enough to take at least one set in this matchup.Come on... it's Henin after all.

SportTennis
EventDavydenko - Nadal
SelectionNadal
Strength10/10
Date09/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningRafa showed excellent fit at the begining of the year, he didn't loose even a set so far. Davydenko defeated top seeded Federer, he has two win in a row over the spaniard but Nadal was in poor fit then. Now the situation is different as Nadal is playing his best tenis, fighting for each ball, so strong on the basic line where is the power of the russian. Davydenko yesterday was tired in second set against Roge, if Rafa use that and give some more pressure over the Russian I think he gona win that. Davydenko yesterday in opening set produce incredible 27 of 27 first service %100 percent but I think today will be different because the Russian will be tired, if this match is in three sets Nadal should win on a fitness he is younger and more powerful.

Re: Tennis: 3rd - 10th January Nikolay Davydenko vs Rafael Nadal: Nadal at 1.73 Yes, the Russian beat him twice in their last two meetings, but that was indoors, where Nadal is not a his best. Yes, Davydenko spanked Federer and served out of a small tree. Yes, the Russian is the form player, having won the World Tour Finals. But I still fancy Nadal here. First off, Davydenko is tired - he admitted this in his presser yesterday. He's had two gruelling matches, mentally and physically, against Karlovic and Federer. How often do you see players beat Nadal and Federer in a row in two days? I like Davydenko a lot, but I can see him coming up short here. Nadal's breezed through the tournament. No-one has troubled him. He's confident, fit, and playing very well. He prefers the slower outdoor hardcourt and will deal with any gusts of wind better than the Russian. Also, this tournament means a lot to him. He wants to start the year on a high after the poor performances of last year. I think he's got everything going for him here and I can see the Spaniard lifting the trophy this afternoon. Bet strength: 5pts