Best bet of the day 1st Dec

chris34

1.00 Lingfield Mr willis has an impressive record at this course with 4 wins from 6 runs and won extremely well last time out last week and after a break and is likely to go well under a 6lb penalty, he is clearly well ahead of the handicapper at the moment and may take some pinning back. 1pt win mr willis

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 2.20 southwell Whenever is the selection,won well fto at plumpton,sure to apreciate the step up to 2 1/2miles,jumped o/k.Only 1 winner has come from the race so far Natural Action and he was well beaten by whenever--i,m sure he will develope into a half decent novice and has the scope to progress further 1pt win Whenever

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 13:00 Lingfield Mr Willis is a horse on the upgrade having won 4 of his last 5 runs. All of those have came at the track with his most recent victory coming 6 days ago over course and distance. This was his first run since April and he won in good style by flying home wide and winning by 1 and a half lengths. Is raised 6lbs for that but with his form at the track and the fact he is still progressing means he can easily shrug that off. Trainer is usually in good form in the winter months and also runs another course and distance winner in the race in Alfresco but he looks second string to Mr Willis. 1 pt win Mr Willis

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 1.00 Lingfield Mr willis- It seems that 3 of us allready has got this one down and he was very impressive last week coming back off a break as i said when i posted it last week he loves it round here! john best is very good at getting horses to string a number of wins together and the stable is in fine form. 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Suzi Spends 3.00 Lingfield Has had one race here over this distance and won. That was a class 3 handicap off 81, the horse reportedly "quickened nicely" and the trainer was hoping this may be a listed winner at some point. Still only 4 year old and has been running on turf off 84,83, and 81 over 10f. Dropped back in trip recently for 2 races then stepped back up to 10f at Kempton but ran poorly to finish 10th of 12. The horse has 3 wins, 3 seconds and 3 thirds from 12 races on the all weather and has 2 wins 2 seconds and a 3rd from 6 races over this 10f trip. Also likes to be held up and will probably be delivered late along with Basra. There are 8 runners but no recognised front runner, previous comments vary from held up to tracked leaders and raced midfield but this possible lack of pace will go against many of these horses that like to come late from off the pace. Still think Suzi Spends is quite progressive and worth a bet at around 8-1.

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Not been around for a while due to continuing IT problems (and general malaise with the start of the Jumps season) but as it's a new month, will try and contribute more. 15:00 Lingfield. At forecasted prices, I like the look of Basra. Is a course and distance winner, winning off 1lb higher almost a year ago. Since then, has struggled to get any sort of form together on the turf. It's all-weather form at Lingfield is more encouraging and the reason for the bet. Spencer and Basra team up again and it's last win came with him aboard. Horse usually finds trouble but hopefully can get a bit of a better passage, and will go close I think if that's the case. Seems to perform better in Dec/Jan, especially with some nice runs in 2007 at this time of the year. Think this one can cause some sort of surprise. Will go EW on this in reality but for BBOD, a realistic win bet at a potential nice price. 1pt Win

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Kind of new here, but with it being a new month thought I'd give this competition a try. And sorry for todays choice being completely unoriginal but I can't see anything else in the race that'll beat it. 1:00 Lingfield With his last career 4 wins all being at Lingfield with Steve Drowne on board. Mr Willis will surely defy his 6lb penalty from his win 6 days ago. Not sure if this is enough reasoning but pretty much everything has already been said. Can I use my monthly banker selection on this for a: 2pt win Mr Willis

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 12.50 Southwell Mobaasher has ran in very good company over hurdles and is rated 153. Today sees his first run for Venetia Williams after leaving the Paul Nicholls stable and the first run over fences, but if he adapts to the fences he should outclass his oppenents today. A good bit of placement by Venetia Williams here in my opinion and has a very good chance of recording a win for his new stable. 1pt win Mobaasher

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 12:20 Southwell Boardroom Dancer - 2 horses for Miss Suzy Smith in this race and I'll opt for the outsider. 6th LTO after a year and a half break. Rode prominently till last 1/2 mile. Dropping down a class today. This 12yr old has won off a OR88 its lowest being 72 when this apprentice was last on board. Running of 73 today and with the 7lb claimer a CD winner and 3/9 on going I shall opt for 0.5 EW.

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 1.00 Lingfield Four guys have already posted Mr Willis. I was tempted to jump aboard the bandwagon too as I was impressed with his last time out win, for which he is turned out under a penalty. His hold up style is suited to the track and he remains ahead of the handicapper in my opinion, but I think he is the type that will get piled into and with BBOTD settled at SP I want one that may be a bit more resistant to collapse. Trafalgar Square ticks enough boxes to warrant selection I think and despite a few poor placings of late I had written him off anyway for both runs beforehand due to a lack of pace in the race. Today he has Pegasus Dancer and Avertis that should ensure a proper pace for once. With both of that pair not looking to have a great deal in hand off their current marks they will have to get their fractions spot on to prevail. I think it may prove beyond them so am leaning towards the fast finishers. Mr Willis and Alfresco are two that fall into that category as does the Millman runner, but Trafalgar Square is bigger priced than them all, well handicapped on his best form too, and in a truly run race today could bounce back to form under Jim Crowley. 0.5 pt EW.

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 120 Southwell: Lord Generous The 120 over 3 miles sees Lord Generous back in action after his easy win at Warwick, really stretched them out that day and AP rides again. Chamirey is odds on here but I wasnt all that impressed by his win last time although the extra trip will suit. Calusa Shadow and Alora Money are fair horses and this will be no easy race for the fav. At the prices Lord Generous looks a bit of value to me.

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec

Kind of new here, but with it being a new month thought I'd give this competition a try. And sorry for todays choice being completely unoriginal but I can't see anything else in the race that'll beat it. 1:00 Lingfield With his last career 4 wins all being at Lingfield with Steve Drowne on board. Mr Willis will surely defy his 6lb penalty from his win 6 days ago. Not sure if this is enough reasoning but pretty much everything has already been said. Can I use my monthly banker selection on this for a: 2pt win Mr Willis
Welcome Hucks and the other newcomers, just a querie, I take it you read the rules and know by putting a 2pt stake this means its your banker of the month, can only be used once.:ok

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Lingfield 2.30: Makshoof 0.5pts e/w Former Kevin Ryan horse who this time last year was competing from marks in the 80's. Due to some pretty dire form has dropped down to current rating of only 55. Showed definite signs of improvement LTO over C&D when only beaten 3 and a half lengths into 4th from 1lb higher. If the horse has turned a corner then could be every chance of making a mockery of current rating from decent draw and has place claims in an open looking race today.

Welcome Hucks and the other newcomers' date=' just a querie, I take it you read the rules and know by putting a 2pt stake this means its your banker of the month, can only be used once.:ok[/quote'] Yeah, using it very early!!

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Hi all, my first BBOTD :hope 14:30 Lingfield - Ask Jenny Likes this ground and Having won over this course and distance last week with Spencer booked i think he will do it again. Im hoping the small weight increase wont effect things too much Ask Jenny 1pt Win

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Ling 2.00 - Glamorous Spirit - Win Ebraam will be massively odds-on for the Claimer having run 2nd in a Listed race last time, but I'm looking for reasons to oppose him and I've found a couple ! First off he's not sure to be suited the return to 5 furlongs - all his recent good form has been over 6. He's had 13 goes at 5F since he last won at the trip Secondly this will be his 4th run in under a month and at least two of those previous efforts, including the Listed race, have been all out sprints. Could he bounce ? Glamorous Spirit is a tremendous little filly who comes here a fresh horse after 3 months off, she's a 'blast from the gates, catch me if you can' type, perfectly suited to running around a bend in a small field. She's got a good draw in 3 with a non runner and a slowcoach inside her, so no problem getting the rail So as i see it - can Ebraam get going quickly enough over 5F to catch her or will it all be over by the time he gets his creaky old legs into top gear ?

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec 3.00 Lingfield Can Can Star 1pt win Can Can Star has four course/distance wins under his belt and was 3rd here last time out in a class 2 race. The second in that race ( Bound By Honour), went on to win his next race after being raised 2lbs. Can Can Star has been dropped 2lbs for that 3rd place today in this class 4 race, also, the claimer is taking a further 7lb off too. The danger could be Cry Alot Boy, who seems to be on the upgrade and has a class 4 win under his belt whereas Can Can star has yet to win in this grade.

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Hereford 1.40pm Opening Meet 1pt lay Horse has it all Yard ,jockey and winning LTO in favour but 3 others give a good form score and the field holds another 2 that i like the look of today. The race looks a step up for the lay and imv will find this hard going today as one of the 3 will take this race on and win,market odds are good at the mo,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today :welcometo the newcomers good luck guys :ok

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Lingfield 14:30 - Lord Deevert (Each-Way) This one just finished behind After The Show in a bunched finish LTO and maybe worth another chance here in similar company, has threatened to win a race a couple of times and should go in soon.

Re: Best bet of the day 1st Dec Southwell 1:50. Saltagioo. 1 point LAY This is the selection's second attempt at a maiden hurdle. He won races on the flat, where he preferred running over a mile. I'm not convinced he will stay the extra distance needed here. On his first attempt he faded into fourth towards the end, and whilst he might have progressed from that run, I can still forsee him not fully seeing out the trip. There is certainly enough doubt to make me feel he should not be such a clear favourite and there is value in laying.

Ling 2.00 - Glamorous Spirit - Win Ebraam will be massively odds-on for the Claimer having run 2nd in a Listed race last time, but I'm looking for reasons to oppose him and I've found a couple ! First off he's not sure to be suited the return to 5 furlongs - all his recent good form has been over 6. He's had 13 goes at 5F since he last won at the trip Secondly this will be his 4th run in under a month and at least two of those previous efforts, including the Listed race, have been all out sprints. Could he bounce ? Glamorous Spirit is a tremendous little filly who comes here a fresh horse after 3 months off, she's a 'blast from the gates, catch me if you can' type, perfectly suited to running around a bend in a small field. She's got a good draw in 3 with a non runner and a slowcoach inside her, so no problem getting the rail So as i see it - can Ebraam get going quickly enough over 5F to catch her or will it all be over by the time he gets his creaky old legs into top gear ?
Excellent call mate:clap