UEFA Europa League » Dec 02

Djordje

Wednesday 2 December 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAEK Athens v Everton (18:00 GMT) 2.76 3.25 2.75 103.36 %
maximize.gifFC BATE Borisov v Benfica (18:00 GMT) 4.3 3.5 1.9 104.21 %
maximize.gifFC Sheriff Tiraspol v Steaua Bucuresti (18:00 GMT) 2.87 3.4 2.46 104.84 %
maximize.gifFC Twente v Fenerbahçe SK (18:00 GMT) 2.3 3.4 2.9 107.37 %
maximize.gifLevski Sofia v Villarreal (18:00 GMT) 7.2 4.3 1.53 102.36 %
maximize.gifRed Bull Salzburg v Lazio (18:00 GMT) 2.87 3.3 2.54 104.46 %
maximize.gifAnderlecht v Dinamo Zagreb (20:05 GMT) 1.44 4.3 7.5 105.82 %
maximize.gifCeltic v Hapoel Tel Aviv (20:05 GMT) 1.86 3.5 4.33 105.41 %
maximize.gifFC Timisoara v Ajax (20:05 GMT) 4 3.5 1.85 107.63 %
maximize.gifFK Slavia Praha v Genoa (20:05 GMT) 3.6 3.35 2.2 103.08 %
maximize.gifHamburger SV v SK Rapid Wien (20:05 GMT) 1.4 4.7 8.4 104.61 %
maximize.gifValencia v Lille OSC (20:05 GMT) 1.61 3.8 5.5 106.40 %

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Question for the format: We all know that top 2 teams in every group qualify for the next stage in the Europa League, where 8 teams from Champions League (3rd team in every group) will join them to form the Round of 32. I don't seem to find how the draw will be done and whether: a) all will enter a unified draw, where anyone can be selected against anyone. *sounds improbable b) no 1st in group can play against another 1st in group, no 2nd against 2nd and no "CL team" against another "CL team". *sounds reasonable to me, no idea if that is the one though c) any other complicated scenario Can anyone clarify that matter? I'd appreciate it...

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 AEK - Everton OVER 2.5 @ 2.24, bet365 Unreasonable odds imho. Visitors are looking to bounce back as soon as possible after 3 straight defeats in EPL, especially the one at Goodison Park to bitter rival Liverpool. On the other hand, AEK has to win this game if they want to advance to the next round. They are 2 points behind Everton but have Benfica in the last round away while Everton plays BATE at home. Also, Yobo, key CD of Everton is out for this game what could make their defense voulnerable. In last 8 EL games of both teams only two were unders so absolutely no reason why is 3+ so underrated by the books. GL Levski (+1) - Villarreal 2 @ 1.80, bet365 Huge quality difference, on spanish side of course. Villarreal is slowly raising their game both in EL and Primera. From their statements i noticed that they want to progress and winning in Sofia is a must in that case. Lazio won there 4-0 month ago, Villarreal will have all in their hands in the last round home against RBS if they win this so motivation is also on their side. I see something like 0-2, 0-3 in my crystal ball. :)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 I'm going against fav here. Few bets - all singles Hapoel +0.5AH @2.00 Hapoel are on the good run -unbeaten in last 6,won last match away against Rapid 3-0.Celtic is not as mighty as it was before,scotish teams strugle in Europe lately.Even if Celtic win it will be hard match for them.I think baout draw but will take Hapoel DC just in case ;) D.Zagreb +0.5 @2.3 Yes,i know that Anderlecht is hot favorite here and solid at home but something tells me Dinamo can get 1 point there.Dynamo still have chance to qualify but they need to win. Salzburg DNB @1.9 Lazio are very poor lately.Don't know about teams news and how serious they take Europa but i'm sure they will think about domestic league as they not doing well at the moment.Salzburg are top of the table with 4 wins and i don't know why bookies give price @2.6 for them at home?Perhaps they will rest some players,i don't know but i'll take DNB as safe option. Levski +1.5AH @1.55 Villareal is fav here but @1.44 on them is too short.They started playing well and lost last weekend to Gijon.Their away record in last 6 matches is poor 0-1-5 so even if they beat Levski i don't think it will be more then 1 goal. GL :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02

Salzburg DNB @1.9 Lazio are very poor lately.Don't know about teams news and how serious they take Europa but i'm sure they will think about domestic league as they not doing well at the moment.Salzburg are top of the table with 4 wins and i don't know why bookies give price @2.6 for them at home?Perhaps they will rest some players,i don't know but i'll take DNB as safe option.
A couple of other things to note here are that Salzburg play on an artificial surface and Lazio play Roma in their big derby on Sunday. The visitors are struggling to score in Serie A, (9 goals in 14 games) and rely on Zarate a lot since Pandev is out of the picture. If he doesn't start, that's one more advantage for the home side.

A couple of other things to note here are that Salzburg play on an artificial surface and Lazio play Roma in their big derby on Sunday. The visitors are struggling to score in Serie A' date=' (9 goals in 14 games) and rely on Zarate a lot since Pandev is out of the picture. If he doesn't start, that's one more advantage for the home side.[/quote'] Thanks mate.But still confused about @2.6 on Salzburg given by bookies :unsure It's just to high for the home team that top of the table with 4 wins.

Salzburg is without their best striker Marc Janko
Do you know this for sure mate?? From what i've been reading this morning, they are hopefull he will play(ESPN) and that no decision will be made until today(Red bull Website) Has that decision has been made already?

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 found this on a website: probable teams: Salzburg (4-1-4-1): 1 Gustafsson; 6 Schwegler, 5 Afolabi, 23 Sekagya, 17 Ulmer; Opdam; 14 Tchoy, 24 Pokrivac, 13 Leitgeb,10 Svento ; 21 Janko Bench:: (33 Arzberger, 3 Dudic, 8 Augustinussen, 11 Jezek, 19 Cziommer, 7 Zickler, 9 Nelisse). Lazio (3-4-3): 86 Muslera; 87 Diakitè, 25 Cribari, 26 Radu; 2 Lichtsteiner, 32 Brocchi, 5 Mauri, 11 Kolarov; 18 Makinwa, 9 Rocchi, 7 Eliseu. Bench: (40 Innarilli, 2 Scaloni, 46 Cavanda, 42 Sevieri, 23 Meghni, 17 Foggia, 10 Zarate)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 For the Anderlecht Dinamo Zagreb game, i'm convinced this will be a boring game without many goals. Anderlecht have enough with a draw, so they will start the game with a defencive mindstate. And can do that, as they proved again last weekend against Kortrijk when they defended their 1-0 lead the whole second half. Possible 0-0 here if Lukaku keeps his spurs from jingling and jangling... Under 2.5 seems also a good bet at 1.90 Under 1.5 seems a risk buth worth taking at 3.55 Good luck!

funny' date='cuz i just read 1 minute ago in my austrian newspaper that jankos is fit and is ready to play...coach said that he will decide if he will play or not...supposedly he wont play 90 minutes, but he will play[/quote'] No i am not 100 % sure but this is from uefa's web page "According to a report on uefa.com, the prolific hitman is labouring to overcome a groin problem and could therefore be forced to watch the match from the stands. Head coach Huub Stevens is expected to give German attacker Alexander Zickler the nod up front in case Janko is unavailable and Zickler is eager to record a good result against Lazio.'

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Hello, I have been considering group B being really interesting and on the other hand intricate. Lille, Valencia and Genua are striving to qualify here and i believe each of them have their chances to do so, since 2 matches have left to complete the round. Specifically, i predict Genua to win Slavia tonight. Thinking rationaly it is a must win, because today is easier to get 3 points here than the upcoming match at home with Valencia. Last performance against Sampdoria was good for Genua, Sculli was perfect. Furthermore, Slavia will try to defend solidly, but i believe they wont stop Genua's aggresive play. Simply because Genua needs a win in order to reach 9 points and will give hope for advancing in the next leg. Nevertheless, in this group turmoil will be till the end of the round. Lille is placed 13th in Championat, so i believe they will focus all of their potential for keeping the 1st place in the group. So both are desperate for qualifing and that is well promising for an over. Both teams are able to score and i believe they will. But i can not see clearly a winning side, French teams in European matches this period are really unexpectable and wierd. Lile last performance was 4-0 against Valeniceness. Slavia - Genoa 2 Valencia - Lille Over 2,5 :dude

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Hamburg v Rapid Vienne The europa league final will take place at Hamburg.so it`s clear is a good factor of motivation for the Germans.They are a bit in troubles in Bundesliga 6 games without to win any game but during this period against Shalke,Monchengladbach,Hannover and Mainz they was winning and they have conceded some very late goals.so Hamburg aren`t so bad as the stats show. there some injuries at Hamburg like Ze Roberto, Rozenahl,some doubt for some others like Demel Jarolim and Elia,but Petric is back after 8 weeks out and he will be substitute. rapid are leader of the Autrian Bundesliga with Salzburg. regular defender branko Boskovic will miss this away game. Hamburg would like to take their revenge against their opponent of the day.hamburg lost 3-0 at rapid last september, but the first thing for Hamburg it`s the to be qualified if they win tonight.for their last game they will play away in Israel. for Rapid it`s a must win tonight. so we could see a open game. Austrian coach said they will play defensively and will do some counter attack,hard to beleive it. -first bet over 2.5 goals -second bet lay rapid

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 I think Mahno picked well, at these odds Salzburg are worth taking, on AH for safety. Unless there is info of yet another conspiracy, 2,60 for the home team is hard to ignore. To top the group for sure, they need a point from last 2 games and also avoid losing with big margin tonight. Away to Villareal in the last game, they should do the job now. The role of Janko IMO by no means affects the odds, come on... Being top of the group gives Salzburg a slight advantage in the draw for the next stage, but only a slight one - looking at the teams dropping possibly from CL and the possible runners-up here there are no teams from Azerbaidjan ( no offense ). Fact is though Salzburg did well in Europa League, and tonight they face a team in trouble in Italy - it is not the league position of Lazio that bothers me, it is the way they play. Players been rested? I don't think that matters either - in the case of Lazio with what I have seen from the first-choice ones maybe that's good news, while with the Austrians I don't think it is in their routine to calculate that much. TBH I think both teams will field strong line-ups AND regardless of their Weekend games... Two more or less relaxed teams - hosts in great position and playing well, guests with some possible changes and being in position that it can't get any worse... Will follow Mahno and add Over 2,5 goals - any given Italian team has better tactical culture than most of Europe, so and early goal can turn this game into a chase...Small stakes. Two things to worry about, so I am keeping stakes low - Huub Stevens is much over-rated Manager, and second - some Austrian teams are often among the suspects in fishy games, NOT JUST IN MY BOOK. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 well the thing probably is, that salzburg also has another field than all other clubs...they play on fake gras, therefor it's a huge advantage to them... either nelisse,janko or zickler will play from the beginning...i expect that zickler starts and janko gets in to play from the 60th minute...we'll see ;)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 just a little warning with some of these games a few of these teams have already qualified or virtually qualified and have matched on the weekend that mean more to them, as was the case with sevilla at decent odds in the champions league playing stuttgart everyone was lumping on sevilla and they came away with a 1-0 loss. So for me i will be taking lille +1 handicap at 23/20 coral, lille good time just smashed valencienes 4-0 and prior to that beat lyon, valencia drew there last home game in la liga and i think will settle for a point here. with villa and silva definetly not playing i fancy them lille to take a point if not all 3 Value lies with salzburg aswell on a great run off form and janko may play for 30 minutes and that will be morale boosting at home to a lazio side who might just give up seeing as they are just above the relegation zone and havent had any success in front of goal in their last 3 mathches. also taken aek athens to draw, everton are in dire form and have yobo and pienaar out alongside the fact yakubu hasnt found any form and jo/saha are really struggling infrnt of goal, aek are the weaker opposition but away from home and with all the doom and glooom i expect everton to get only a point here. big bet on rapid vienna today at 6/1 i cant believe that price for a side who won against hamburg 3-0 and are bang in form aswell havent lost a game in the last 6 whereas hamburg havent won a game in the last 6 and apart from berg look void of ideas up front the last few games they have scored early and then tried to hang on, i like this rapid side they beat aston villa and i was very impressed not going to take them on the handicap going for the straight win here finally sorry for the long post ive taken slavia prague over 2.5 goals, genoa love to score but also leave spaces at the back thinking 3-1 here to genoa!

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Lille v Valence lille will play lyon next sunday probably lille players are more focus on this game if alence and genoa win lille will be third and they will host prague already out of the competition.genoa and valence will play against each other for the last game.so lille have some good chance to go to the next round without too much difficulties. both midfielderRuben Baraja and important david sylva will miss this game.some regulars lille players will not be starters tonight. lyon is coming..... cant` see valence to loose this game.they have a real good chance to take the lead in this group,the last game of valence will be away against genoa,so it`s a must win for valence. valence to win:hope

Hello, I have been considering group B being really interesting and on the other hand intricate. Lille, Valencia and Genua are striving to qualify here and i believe each of them have their chances to do so, since 2 matches have left to complete the round. Specifically, i predict Genua to win Slavia tonight. Thinking rationaly it is a must win, because today is easier to get 3 points here than the upcoming match at home with Valencia. Last performance against Sampdoria was good for Genua, Sculli was perfect. Furthermore, Slavia will try to defend solidly, but i believe they wont stop Genua's aggresive play. Simply because Genua needs a win in order to reach 9 points and will give hope for advancing in the next leg. Nevertheless, in this group turmoil will be till the end of the round. Lille is placed 13th in Championat, so i believe they will focus all of their potential for keeping the 1st place in the group. So both are desperate for qualifing and that is well promising for an over. Both teams are able to score and i believe they will. But i can not see clearly a winning side, French teams in European matches this period are really unexpectable and wierd. Lile last performance was 4-0 against Valeniceness. Slavia - Genoa 2 Valencia - Lille Over 2,5 :dude
Agree about overs in Valencia game but not too sure about Genoa. Genoa are strong at home but not very good away.Their away record in last 6 is : 1-1-4 and i think odds on them are a bit short. I'm not saying Slavia is a monster team but they hold Valencia at home 2-2.Only my opinion but no bet for me anyway.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 I don´t want to put anyone off to bet hw in the hamburg vienna game, but the list of injuries for the german side is longer as stated above. In fact there are several players out: Ze Roberto (very important), Guerrero, Reinhard (defender), Pitroipa, Petric (maybe bench), Rozehnal, Benjamin, Elia (probably). Some key missings in my opinion and some players in the starting XI that aren`t 100% fit (p.e. Demel, Torun and Jarolim). But I guess motivation will be high to get this much needed three points. Like said before the final will be played on their turf, in their stadium. I decided to let the game alone so I can´t give infos about the situation for the austrian team. Best of luck. Pulp P.S.: Also a little warning to put large amounts of money on Werder winning. They are qualified already, will rest some players and field a mixture of A and B-Team. I think they will not lose the game to avoid the stoppage of their unbeaten run (guess 21 games actually), but a draw is also a likely outcome.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 slavia prague v genoa slavia it`s a good lay here.slavia are out alredy and they are strugling in their division, nothig good for them actually. best attacker sdenek senkerik and the 36 years old midlefielder vladimir smicer are suspended. for genoa attacker rodrigo palacio is injured. must win for genoa as well and this fixture could be an aesy one for the home side. motivated side v unmotivated side.in fact the next game for slavia in their championship will be the 20 february genoa are a very good scoring team but they are conceding a lot too first bet lay genoa second bet over2.5

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Cant quite fathom why Everton are the shortest price of the three outcomes away at AEK, in view of likely team lineups, motivations, and the home form of the Greeks. I can only assume that 2.7 is an estimate of the number of people who will want to watch this game. When I think a price is too short it usually goes on to win - so I should back Everton. But Im going to give 'value' another chance and take the big price about AEK. Small stakes though, this could easy be a draw.