** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 02

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02

Cant quite fathom why Everton are the shortest price of the three outcomes away at AEK, in view of likely team lineups, motivations, and the home form of the Greeks. I can only assume that 2.7 is an estimate of the number of people who will want to watch this game. When I think a price is too short it usually goes on to win - so I should back Everton. But Im going to give 'value' another chance and take the big price about AEK. Small stakes though, this could easy be a draw.
:lol I was just about to post the same thing as this. AEK at 2.7 look a very big price. Everton's injury list shows no sign of shortening. They have Heitinga and Lucas Neill ineligible for tonight, Yobo hasn't travelled through injury and Distin is a major doubt while Osman is still out. Confidence must be low in the Everton camp and they have a big game at the weekend. AEK have 4 points from 6 in Athens so far, including an impressive victory over Benfica. Anyone who knows more about either of these sides have an opinion on this?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bate Borisov – Benfica: Bate Borisov (+0.5) AH @ 2.03 (Canbet) 10/10 I think this may be a good opportunity to oppose Benfica. In their last two matches they have a cup match loss to Guimaraez (0-1) and a draw against Sporting Lisbon (0-0). It may be indicative of a dip in their form. Furthermore, they have largely qualified and would consider a draw an acceptable result here. Borisov is still in the qualification but they need to win the match and hope Everton slips. They are an okay team and I think the odds offer value for them to get something given the situation. AEK – Everton: Draw @ 3.45 (Betfair) 10/10 Both teams have not played very well all season and are performing below expectations. AEK has a host of internal problems to contend with and Everton has a remarkable injury issue. Everton's defense has been particularly affected and I can't see them risking much. Everton will be okay with a draw and I really don't think AEK has it in them to rise above their internal difficulties (late wage payments, uncertain ownership of the team, etc.) to win. A draw is likely and the odds are good. Twente – Fenerbache: Draw @ 3.50 (Betfair) 10/10 Twente have an impressive string of wins, but I'm discounting this since the difference with the rest of the Dutch league is remarkable. Equally, Fenerbache's top position in the Turkish league has to be viewed against the overall quality within the league. Essentially, these are top teams in middle of the road leagues. Fenerbache's form has dipped a bit lately, but I think they have enough quality to get a draw. There isn't much difference between these and the draw serves both of their qualification prospects.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Sheriff Tiraspol - Steaua Bucharest This season Sheriff (includes Moldovian League and European League) played 14 games and only conceeded at 2 games when they play at home. They lose 0-2 to Olympiakos at CL Playoffs and 0-1 to Fenerbahçe at group matches. They key of win for them is firstly don't conceede goal. Steaua Bucurest is playing good at Romanian League but they're last team at the European League group H. They played 4 matches but only scored 1 goal. Sheriff will be look don't conceede a goal firstly because they have hope to qualify and draw is good result for them. I think bet of the day is; Sheriff Tiraspol clean sheet @2.8 (paddypower) :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Celtic vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Advice: Celtic @ 1.90 Bet365 My logic behind this bet is to ignore the results in this group so far and then price the game up. Celtic at home certainly would not be around 1.90, you would be lucky to get anything above 1.70 to be honest. Now, due to a poor run in this competition so far people obviously feel Celtic are worth taking on. As someone who watches Celtic week in week out, I must say we have been anything but impressive this season but I just have a feeling this price is worth taking tonight. Hapoel have shocked plenty of people with their performances in this competition so far but they are up against it here coming to Glasgow. They did beat Celtic 2-1 in the opening game in Israel. Celtic dominated the first half of that game with Hapoel dominating the 2nd half and they ended up scoring a late winner. No doubt the exhausting temperatures in Israel would have played into Hapoel’s hands whereas the freezing Scottish weather will suit the Bhoys a lot more tonight. Celtic’s home performances in this competition have actually been pretty decent, with the result simply going against them. They dominated against Vienna and simply couldn’t get a 2nd goal and they controlled most of the game against Hamburg only to be pegged back by a moment of magic by Hamburg. Celtic‘s problems are putting the ball in the net especially at this higher level although McDonald & Samaras both got confidence boosting goals in the weekend win against St Mirren and that can only do their confidence the world of good. Celtic’s chances of qualification are pretty much gone but all they can do is win this game and hope for the best elsewhere. Away from home I wouldn’t dream of touching Celtic but this is actually a good enough price for me playing at Celtic Park. After that victory against Saints at the weekend, the Bhoys know a win is just as important here as they look to turn around a poor start to the season.

Celtic vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Advice: Celtic @ 1.90 Bet365 My logic behind this bet is to ignore the results in this group so far and then price the game up. Celtic at home certainly would not be around 1.90, you would be lucky to get anything above 1.70 to be honest. Now, due to a poor run in this competition so far people obviously feel Celtic are worth taking on. As someone who watches Celtic week in week out, I must say we have been anything but impressive this season but I just have a feeling this price is worth taking tonight. Hapoel have shocked plenty of people with their performances in this competition so far but they are up against it here coming to Glasgow. They did beat Celtic 2-1 in the opening game in Israel. Celtic dominated the first half of that game with Hapoel dominating the 2nd half and they ended up scoring a late winner. No doubt the exhausting temperatures in Israel would have played into Hapoel’s hands whereas the freezing Scottish weather will suit the Bhoys a lot more tonight. Celtic’s home performances in this competition have actually been pretty decent, with the result simply going against them. They dominated against Vienna and simply couldn’t get a 2nd goal and they controlled most of the game against Hamburg only to be pegged back by a moment of magic by Hamburg. Celtic‘s problems are putting the ball in the net especially at this higher level although McDonald & Samaras both got confidence boosting goals in the weekend win against St Mirren and that can only do their confidence the world of good. Celtic’s chances of qualification are pretty much gone but all they can do is win this game and hope for the best elsewhere. Away from home I wouldn’t dream of touching Celtic but this is actually a good enough price for me playing at Celtic Park. After that victory against Saints at the weekend, the Bhoys know a win is just as important here as they look to turn around a poor start to the season.
Gotta say I have to agree with the logic here. Prior to this season Celtic were in awesome form at home in Europe and would have been priced up much shorter, so anything around 2 screams out at me.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 FC Bate vs SL Benfica Pick : Draw Odds : 3.72 @5dimes Fact: Benfica with one foot on the next round of this competition: a draw is enough for them to qualify for next stage, and even the defeat will be good in case AEK doesn't win against Everton. Game will be played in Minsk instead of Bate's small stadium but the cold and pitch conditions might be a problem, or a great excuse, for Benfica in case they fail completely tonight. And how we portuguese people love a good excuse!!! Home lads proved to be a well organized team and showed some good football here in Lisbon that's why Benfica only scored twice when almost everybody expected 4 or 5 goals. They have little chances of qualifying as they would have to beat Benfica and beat Everton in Liverpool on the final round. It's not impossible but it certainly is most unlikely they can win both games. Benfica that scored only once on the last three matches, though i do suspect of the downtrend of this team will have some changes on the main team: defenders Luisao and Sidnei are both out injured. Main keeper Quim will be replaced by nº2 brasilian Julio Cesar and most certainly one of the following three, Aimar, Saviola or Di Maria will rest for this game.* Bate will do all to win against portuguese team but the question is, being clearly weaker than Benfica do Krivets and Co have enough skills and hability to win ? My answer would be maybe, if Benfica confirms a small crisis scenario and fails to score again. Somehow, this game reminds me of the play-off match against Vorskla when Benfica won 4 nil in Lisbon and went to Ucraine and lost by one goal. Coach Jesus said he wanted to win the group and avoid the, theoretically, stronger teams from Champions League on next stage but I see a draw here and job done for the "red devils". * - My bet would be Aimar, as he as been diving too much lately.

Gotta say I have to agree with the logic here. Prior to this season Celtic were in awesome form at home in Europe and would have been priced up much shorter' date=' so anything around 2 screams out at me.[/quote'] Were awesome at home?When? 5-10 years ago? They didn't even make to CL this season. As far as i remember they recently lost to Dynamo Moscow at home 1-0,Lost to Arsenal 2-0,Lost to half injured hamburg 1-0,Drew against Rapid 1-1. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Were awesome at home?When? 5-10 years ago? They didn't even make to CL this season. As far as i remember they recently lost to Dynamo Moscow at home 1-0,Lost to Arsenal 2-0,Lost to half injured hamburg 1-0,Drew against Rapid 1-1. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I'm not touching the Celtic game, it's too much of a banana skin betting wise. Celtic have got very little to play for except pride, Hapoel know that a win will make sure they qualify. Over 2.5 goals could be the best play here as both teams will more than likely attack. Celtic are a shadow of what they used to be. They should be too strong for Hapoel but they're hard to trust on current form. I don't think they'll lose tonight but it's a bet, in my eyes, with too many dangers. Not gone for these yet but I like the look of over 2.5 goals in AEK Athens vs Everton, Genoa, Benfica and Salzburg, after collating my own opinions and the ones on here. Good luck to everyone, Atko

Were awesome at home?When? 5-10 years ago? They didn't even make to CL this season. As far as i remember they recently lost to Dynamo Moscow at home 1-0,Lost to Arsenal 2-0,Lost to half injured hamburg 1-0,Drew against Rapid 1-1. Correct me if i'm wrong.
5-10 years ago??? :lol Didn't we draw with Man Utd last season and beat Villarreal? And 2 seasons ago we got knocked out in the last 16 against Barcelona 4-2 on AGG, hardly a disappointing result. Oh, and beat AC Milan 2-1 at home, Benfica 1-0 at home and Shakthar 2-1 at home... Very poor eh... :unsure What we are saying is, Celtic would have been around 1.50 to 1.70 at home to Hapoel a few seasons ago. Yes, the squad may not be the same but we have been unlucky in this competition so far and have been the better side at home to Rapid & Hamburg, 1.90 is definetly value tonight in my eyes.

I said prior to this season mate......

5-10 years ago??? :lol Didn't we draw with Man Utd last season and beat Villarreal? And 2 seasons ago we got knocked out in the last 16 against Barcelona 4-2 on AGG, hardly a disappointing result. Oh, and beat AC Milan 2-1 at home, Benfica 1-0 at home and Shakthar 2-1 at home... Very poor eh... :unsure What we are saying is, Celtic would have been around 1.50 to 1.70 at home to Hapoel a few seasons ago. Yes, the squad may not be the same but we have been unlucky in this competition so far and have been the better side at home to Rapid & Hamburg, 1.90 is definetly value tonight in my eyes.
I like Celtic,they do have some good players but i think they need better manager to lead them.How can you sign a manager who's team just were relegated into lower league?Don't think Tony Mowbray is good enough for you. GL with your bet mate :ok I bet on Celtic twice in Europe and they let me down,now when i'm going against them they will probably win :lol

Asian Handicap: BATE Borisov +0.5, +1 1.80 BATE Borisov 4.33 Draw 3.50 Benfica 1.83 What does the Asian handicap mean? Sorry, I am new here.
In this case, half of your stake goes on BATE +0.5 and half on BATE +1. Both on same odds (1.80) If BATE wins or gets a draw, you win both bets. If BATE loses the game by 1 goal (0-1,1-2...), half your bet is voided (the +1 one) and the other half is lost. Voided means you get your money back. If BATE loses by 2 or more goals, you lose both bets. GL :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Janko and Svento are both starting for Salzburg. Schiemer (defender - scored against Lazio last time) is out injured. Zarate is in starting line up for Lazio as is Foggia. Rocchi is on the bench. League and Europa form is definitely with Salz here. Salz odds have shortened since yesterday and Lazio lengthened. However I am mindful that Salzburg only need draw from either this or their last match whilst Lazio need the win tonight to stay in the competition, which is why i'm going for Salzburg DNB @ 1.7 Blue Sq

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Lazio -1 @6.78 A bit of a homer bet here, but Lazio are the better team on paper and they are very desperate as well. I attended the first meeting and Salzburg were incredibly fortunate with two fluky goals in the last minutes to win. Lazio will start Foggia who absolutely abused the Salzburg defense last time around. Lazio are struggling atm in Serie A but how many times have you seen a team struggling domestically only to surprise in Europe.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 I fear for Celtic tonight. We've seen how Rangers have fallen to pieces against Stuttgart, Unirea and Seville at home. Celtic, like Rangers, can't hack it Europe. Outclassed! I know they are loyal Celts who swear blind Celtic should have beaten Rapid, but let's be serious for a minute. Rapid passed the ball better and looked like the more complete team during that match. Let's not forget Rapid knocked out Villa over two legs. And what did Hapoel do to Rapid? Hit them for 8 over across 180 minutes of football is what. Two goals is all Celtic have managed to muster. Hapoel have scored at least two in their four games thus far. Dare I say Hapoel are the better team? I may face some kind of blanket of Scottish verbal tyrade, but it doesn't take a genius to work that one out. Celtic's current team is probably the poorest in a decade and my how it's showing. Get on Hapoel at 10/3.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 02 Lazio/Salzburg Over 2.25 Looking at the starting lineup Lazio are going with a 3-4-1-2 formation with plenty of attacking prowess. Ballardini is going for broke kowing his job coulde be on the line. If either team scores early this could be a really high scoring affair.

Lazio/Salzburg Over 2.25 Looking at the starting lineup Lazio are going with a 3-4-1-2 formation with plenty of attacking prowess. Ballardini is going for broke kowing his job coulde be on the line. If either team scores early this could be a really high scoring affair.
I have gone for over 2 and SBG DNB.. Given their track record I fully expect Lazio to concede at least one goal, so this makes sense, kind of..

I think Mahno picked well' date= at these odds Salzburg are worth taking, on AH for safety. Unless there is info of yet another conspiracy, 2,60 for the home team is hard to ignore. To top the group for sure, they need a point from last 2 games and also avoid losing with big margin tonight. Away to Villareal in the last game, they should do the job now. The role of Janko IMO by no means affects the odds, come on... Being top of the group gives Salzburg a slight advantage in the draw for the next stage, but only a slight one - looking at the teams dropping possibly from CL and the possible runners-up here there are no teams from Azerbaidjan ( no offense ). Fact is though Salzburg did well in Europa League, and tonight they face a team in trouble in Italy - it is not the league position of Lazio that bothers me, it is the way they play. Players been rested? I don't think that matters either - in the case of Lazio with what I have seen from the first-choice ones maybe that's good news, while with the Austrians I don't think it is in their routine to calculate that much. TBH I think both teams will field strong line-ups AND regardless of their Weekend games... Two more or less relaxed teams - hosts in great position and playing well, guests with some possible changes and being in position that it can't get any worse... Will follow Mahno and add Over 2,5 goals - any given Italian team has better tactical culture than most of Europe, so and early goal can turn this game into a chase...Small stakes. Two things to worry about, so I am keeping stakes low - Huub Stevens is much over-rated Manager, and second - some Austrian teams are often among the suspects in fishy games, NOT JUST IN MY BOOK. GL
Both bets won, good start, fingers crossed for an Over in Valencia now...:ok