maximize.gifOlympique Lyonnais v Liverpool (19:45 GMT) 2.52 3.4 3.15 100.84 %
maximize.gifSevilla v VfB Stuttgart (19:45 GMT) 1.53 4.3 8.5 100.38 %
maximize.gifStandard de Liège v Olympiakos (19:45 GMT) 2.31 3.5 3.5 100.43 %
maximize.gifUnirea Urziceni v Rangers (19:45 GMT) 2.19 3.5 4 99.23 %

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Inter -0.25? I have to take it, I'm sorry but class wise Inter is still ahead of Kiev. Yes I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians have a lot of heart and determination but when it comes to crunch time Inter plays far better when they are doubted. A few 1st teamers were rested today vs Livorno but they looked in control. May need to wait to see if Cambiasso is going to be raring to go as he is still the engine to that mid.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th

Inter -0.25? I have to take it' date=' I'm sorry but class wise Inter is still ahead of Kiev. Yes I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians have a lot of heart and determination but when it comes to crunch time Inter plays far better when they are doubted. A few 1st teamers were rested today vs Livorno but they looked in control. May need to wait to see if Cambiasso is going to be raring to go as he is still the engine to that mid.[/quote'] Cambiasso will start for sure. he played against livorno because of muntari's injury.

@2.10 on Inter must be taken :ok Dynamo Kiev didn't play well after last CL game.They won away to Dnepr,then lost Cup game against Shakhtar and drew at home against Karpaty while Inter won all 3 games in Italy. Inter are at the bottom of the table at the moment and if they want to go to the next round they must win this game as their next games against Barca and Kazan will be even harder. I was watching both teams playing in last 2 weeks and i must say Inter look much better.I will wait for team news but i don't think @2.10 will last long. Can anybody move my post to Wednesday CL please.I think this is the wrong day.LOL Thanks
Yes, I fully agree with you. Dynamo won away to Dnepr only with "help" from arbiter, whos show unfairly red card to player of Dnepr in the beginning game. Dynamo show bad game in the last game with not strong Karpaty at home. Inter is in the first place in Italy and their game is perfect now. And Inter very need in this win in CL. I think that bet on win Inter has very many chances. P.S. and I mistaked with thread too.

I think the obvious bet of this round has to be Lyon over Liverpool. Team news will be crutial. If either Gerrard, Torres, or Glen Johnson don't play, I'm backing Lyon.
Is this Benitez's last straw perhaps? To make matters worse, I think Mascherano isn't in it anymore. Ever since the beginning of the season where he sort of made it known he wanted out, I don't know if his heart is with Pool, pretty sure he wants to find a way out.

I think the obvious bet of this round has to be Lyon over Liverpool. Team news will be crutial. If either Gerrard, Torres, or Glen Johnson don't play, I'm backing Lyon.
Gerrard is definitely out. Lyon price is tempting but it's hard to bet against Liverpool when their backs are up against the wall. The performance against Manchester United a week ago proves they are still capable of upsetting the odds. Over 2.5 could be a good play here at around 11/10. Liverpool with Torres will always be a threat and Lyon already demonstrated what they can do at Anfield.

Gerrard is definitely out. Lyon price is tempting but it's hard to bet against Liverpool when their backs are up against the wall. The performance against Manchester United a week ago proves they are still capable of upsetting the odds. Over 2.5 could be a good play here at around 11/10. Liverpool with Torres will always be a threat and Lyon already demonstrated what they can do at Anfield.
I wouldn't read too much into their win against United - it's the only game of the season they get themselves up for anymore. Their massive list of losses surrounding that game should provide sufficient proof of that! ;)

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Evening gents, Champions League week is upon us once again :D Lets hope there are not as many surprise results this week as there were on Matchday 3. Safest bet I can see from the whole CL card on week 4 is the following.. Arsenal V AZ Alkmaar - Arsenal (-1) win @ 1.61 (Bet365) Yes I know the odds are not great and there probably is not much value in backing this selection but I am really confident the Gunners will win this by more than one goal on Wednesday night. With the attacking fliar that the Londoners have they have the ability to put a good few goals past even the most solid of defences, especially at the Emirates. They go into Matchday 4 sitting on top of group H on 7 points from the first three games. They find themselves top of the group at the halfway stage having not really put in any spectacular performances thus far in the CL. On Matchday 1 they won away to Standard Liege 2-3 after scoring two late goals in the last 12 minutes, thing didnt seem any easier for Wengers men on Matchday 2 as it took two late goals again for them to secure a home 2-0 win against Greek outfit Olympiakos and on Matchday 3 two weeks ago they only managed a 1-1 draw in Holland against their opponants they face on Wednesday night. Even altohugh they top the group (Probably the easiest group that any of the four English sides have faced this year) Wenger will know that their European performances will have to improve if they are too make any serious challange for this years crown. They come into this game off the back of a cracking results against a much improves Spurs team at the Emirates on Saturday, they won that game 3-0 and Mr Wenger actually said they could and should have scored more. Attacking wise there is very little teams in Europe that are as fluent in their play as the Gunners, at times they can be an absolute joy to watch. Can see them putting in a good European performance in London on wednesday and beating the -1 handicap. My bets on this game, Arsenal (-1) win @ 1.61 (bet365) 10/10 Arsenal (-2.5 AH) win @ 2.51 (bet 365) 6/10 Will likely be back with another pick from Wednesdays matches at some point as well, GL everyone :hope:hope

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Another pick from me for this card, Sevilla V VFB Stuttgart - Sevilla (-1) win @ 2.50 ( Bet365 ) Sevilla are pretty much through the group stages already however this will be confirmed with a win over thier German opponants on Wednesday night at home in Spain. They sit top of the group with 3 wins out of 3, they have been pretty flawless in this group thus far scoring 9 goals in three games and only conceding 2. They went through a little dodgy patch in La Liga where they slipped up a few weeks ago however their main talisman Fabiano was out injured and on his return in the cup game last midweek he grabbed a brace and one again on Saturday in Sevilla's 2-0 away win to Xerez. He really seems to be a potent goal scorer for them when he is playing. Stuttgart have been pretty poor thus far in the CL and the German Bundesliga. They sit 14th in the Bundesliga and third in their CL group behind Sevilla and 'minnows' uniera. In my opinion there is a vast difference in the quality between the two sides. I can honestly see Sevilla being a hidden threat this year in the CL, they are solid and direct, while teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid concentrate on their sheer talent taking them through games and picking up results Sevilla are a bit more workman like and I believe they have adopted a higher work rate nature to the team which will make up for the difference in talent between Europes 'big' teams. Also important to note that Sevilla won the reverse fixture between the two in Germany two weeks ago 3-1. They have played German opposition 5 times at home over the years and won four of these games, they drew the other one and have only conceded one goal in all 5 games. Stuttgart on the other hand have never won in Spain after 5 attempts, and on their current form its hard to see this stat changing on Wednesday. Also Sevilla played Struttgart one year ago in the Uefa cup, Sevilla won the game 2-0 at home. Sevilla at home should take care of this game. Sevilla (-1) to win @ 2.50 (Bet365) is a decent shout in my opinion (unless Luis Fabiano or thier other main players are missing) GL all :hope:hope

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Injury problems for Inter Coach Jose Mourinho will be without a number of key players for Inter's crucial game at Dynamo Kiev in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday. The Italian champions travel to Ukraine without Sulley Muntari, Thiago Motta, Wesley Sneijder and possibly Mario Balotelli. Muntari picked up an injury in Inter's 2-0 Serie A victory against Livorno on Sunday, and it will be difficult, as well for Thiago Motta, to be ready for Wednesday, said Mourinho. Balotelli missed Sunday's game due to contracting flu, and Sneijder with a muscle problem

I too wouldn't take too much from the United game. On the balance of play, the game at Anfield could have gone either way. On another day, United would have won 2-0. Yes, they need to win, but scraping a 2-0 at Anfield is a different proposition to Lyon away. Lyon did the job at Anfield, so I don't see why they can't at home.

"Lyon for me - who doesnt love kicking the scousers when there down :tongue2" At least we can spell "they're", you prick. No need for comments like yours on here.
There isnt much wrong with his comment... only you come in here insulting someone and whining about his spelling...(weird huh that people have other main languages then english) Go tell mommi someone said something about liverpool... fkn kid

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Stuttgart has some injury problems: Ricardo Osorio, Christian Trasch, Sami Kedira, Ciprian Marica, Cacau and Martin Lanig are all out, and Babbel should have a hard time puting a decent team at Pizjuan. the first 11 should be this: Lehmann – Boulahrouz, Tasci, Delpierre, Boka – Hitzlsperger – Kuzmanovic, Elson, Hleb – Pogrebnyak, Schieber Sevilla has only Kanoute mising from the important players. Palop – Sergio Sanchez, Escude, Squillaci, Fernando Navarro – Jesus Navas, Duscher, Zokora, Perotti – Negredo, Luis Fabiano Sevilla to win is the bet i like the most from Wednesday

I"m keen to know Barcelona's response vs Kazan' date=' also if anyone has any weather reports from Russia please post, perhaps the weather will be a factor as well?[/quote'] Cold! lol Temperatures are likely to be around -7 degrees celcius. There is a possibilty of snow and frost on the night of the game as well.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Lyon v Liverpool Lyon (0) @ 1.75 Fonbet Usually in such situation i wouldnt think much about backing Liverpool DNB, but i had the "privilege" to watch them in most of the matches this season and i doubt they will find their way out of this situation. With Gerrard in the squad i'd probably swerve this one but without him, scousers are lost and their gameplan is one dimensional, with long balls on Torres, and his and Benayoun's improvisation. Lyon will surely want to put their worries over CHL behind and focus on making up for those lost points so they should be very inspired.

Cold! lol Temperatures are likely to be around -7 degrees celcius. There is a possibilty of snow and frost on the night of the game as well.
Hmm someone told me that Barca's training was interrupted due to colder temps. Wonder how this interferes with their preparations.

According to Local reports in France' date=' Torres has pulled out of the game tomorrow to a groin strain....Not sure how true this is but If true, Lyon price will drop considerably!....Lump on now! ;)[/quote'] Torres has a hernia problem but is going to play through the pain tomorrow. It is unlikely he will play the 90 mins but it looks like he will be starting.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has lost two further players to injury ahead of Wednesday's crucial Champions League Group E tie in France. The Reds were already without skipper Steven Gerrard (groin), Albert Riera (hamstring), Martin Kelly (ankle) and Martin Skrtel (muscle and virus). Glen Johnson (calf) and Fabio Aurelio (calf) have now pulled out. Fernando Torres has travelled to Lyon despite a groin injury, while Alberto Aquilani is available after a virus. Benitez also has fitness concerns over Daniel Agger (back) and David Ngog (ankle), both of whom did not feature in the 3-1 defeat by Premier League rivals Fulham at the weekend Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has lost two further players to injury ahead of Wednesday's crucial Champions League Group E tie in France. The Reds were already without skipper Steven Gerrard (groin), Albert Riera (hamstring), Martin Kelly (ankle) and Martin Skrtel (muscle and virus). Glen Johnson (calf) and Fabio Aurelio (calf) have now pulled out. Fernando Torres has travelled to Lyon despite a groin injury, while Alberto Aquilani is available after a virus. Benitez also has fitness concerns over Daniel Agger (back) and David Ngog (ankle), both of whom did not feature in the 3-1 defeat by Premier League rivals Fulham at the weekend We have to take Fernando because we don't have too many options. We have to keep working with him and the rest of the players." said Benitez so Torres unlikely to play

Stake £50 Lyon @ 11/8 Rubin Kazan @ 13/2 Stake £50 Sevilla @ 2/5 Inter M @ 11/10 1st Post Hoping For First Win New At This So No Real Points Of Intrest Regarding The Bets Just A Guess
:welcome mate....Must say I find it pretty amazing your putting 50 pound on Rubin Kazan in a double....I know it's -7 degrees in Kazan but can see Barcelona just sneaking it....Under 2.5 looks tempting in that match!

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th No bets for me yet but I'd like to share some views. Lyon Vs. Liverpool So everyone is concentrating on how Liverpool are struggling at the moment, but take a moment to look at how Lyon are doing. Last week, Govou was stripped of his captaincy after being caught in a nightclub drunk 2 days before a match. Toulalan also had to be restrained by another player from FIGHTING with manager Puel after disagreeing with his tactics. Lyon are still without Bodmer, Boumsong and Anderson, meaning midfielder Toulalan will be partnering Cris in central defence - hardly the most confidence-inspiring pair. That's not even where the problems end - Toualalan and SEVEN other Lyon players are carrying adductor strain injuries, being blamed by the French media on Puel's pre-season training in the Alps. They will miss Toulalan in midfield, as he is the player that breaks down moves, keeps possession and creates attacking moves. A 2-0 loss at home to Sochaux and a crushing 4-1 defeat by Nice illustrate their problems. I wouldn't be confident at all betting on Lyon to win here. HOWEVER, 1 last point, r.e people on here saying that "Torres is fit". Torres has been playing with injections for several weeks now due to carrying a hernia, and after the Lyon match he may well be out for up to 4-6 weeks. I don't really classify that as fit!

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Better than even money on Unirea, surely has to be value, watched Rangers against Dundee Utd at the weekend and although they lead 1-0 b4 the game was postponed Utd had several opportunities, I feel this is real value for a team who humbled Rangers in their back garden. This is not Rangers of old, this is a poor team, and I just cant see them winning this tie. Rangers and Celtic have not got the players of quality they had in the past and I feel this price is based on past performances. Rangers must go to win this game and I feel when they do they will be found wanting! Elsewhere I feel Lyon draw no bet, is value as at best I feel with all the injuries Liverpool have this is the very best they can hope to achieve. Liverpool are a great champions league side but for me the selling of Alonso to feed through balls and all those missing just make it impossible to back them. Jamie Carragher a great player looks like he may have played one to many season (I hope not ) but Liverpool look vunerable on the counter attacks and I feel as they need to get something out of this match they may suffer big style on wed. I feel Benitez has totally lost the plot, taking off Torres, Kuyt etc in the last fixture just shows the man for me has accepted he wont be there to long, as these have been liverpools best servants and fans favourites and he still does his own thing. I expect this to be end to end but i feel Lyons quailty will shine. Sevilla playing decent footie and almost full strength against a team nt playing particularly and several injuries. My bets Single - Unirea Win (Best Bet) Double - Sevilla and Lyon Draw no bet Double - Overs in both the Rangers and Lyon match :hope

Stake £50 Lyon @ 11/8 Rubin Kazan @ 13/2 Stake £50 Sevilla @ 2/5 Inter M @ 11/10 1st Post Hoping For First Win New At This So No Real Points Of Intrest Regarding The Bets Just A Guess
:welcome, I think a post like this (due to lack of reasoning) is more suited for the midweek bets thread mate, no need for reasoning in there :ok