** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Wed November 4th

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Calling tonight's games, I think, is harder than Tuesday's matches and by no means was that an easy endeavour either. Barcelona and Inter are both in a "need to win" situation. I was tempted, but I am leaning towards NO BET. Yes, both teams have the quality advantage and certainly can defeat teams that are better than either Rubin Kazan or Dynamo Kiev. But both the Russian and Ukranian teams have created good chances of advancing into the next round and both should be respected on their home fields especially since they snatched points in the reverse fixture. Furthermore, the weather presents a disadvantage for Barcelona and Inter who usually play in friendlier weather conditions. Furthermore, both Kazan and Kiev will play a highly defensive match and then it is a question of whether the big favourites can break them down. Sometimes, countless chances cannot be converted to goals. In the end, Barcelona and Inter can win but the odds on offer are really discouraging given my considerations. The Arsenal - Alkamaar match presents, I think insulting odds for Alkmaar. Yes, Alkmaar have indicated that they are stumbling, but the X2 (double chance) is being offered at over 4.50! Arsenal are a better team and will probably win, but there is absolutely no value on Arsenal. The Unirea - Rangers match appears to be a straight forward matter of Unirea's win. Not so fast. Yes, Unirea pounded Rangers in Glasgow and nothing in Rangers' form suggests any serious reaction, but the difference between the teams or the quality of their leagues is not that great. I think Rangers will want to save face after being humiliated in Glasgow and Unirea is an inexperienced team at this level. The odds for the draw and Rangers' win are tempting. The Seville - Stuttgart match also looks like a straight forward win. Based on the teams' quality and form this is quite reasonable. But I'm concerned about the fact that Seville has essentially qualified and that Stuttgart is still very much alive for second place. We saw what happened in the Man U. - CSKA Moscow match....Stuttgart on AH or a double chance might be a value bet. The Standard Liege - Olympiacos match finds the visitors in the luxurious position of being happy with two results. Olympiacos will play a very tight match and play for the draw. Judging from the reverse fixture (2-1 for Olympiacos with a goal in injury time) the draw has good chances here, but if Standard is not really that focused, given their negligible chances of advancing, then Olympiacos could just win the match. The Fiorentina - Debrecen match also has outrageously short odds for Fiorentina. Yes, Fiorentina are the better team, but odds of 1.20 exaggerate the difference between these teams. The Lyon - Liverpool match is a tricky one indeed. Clearly, the issue of form points to a Lyon victory. The only thing stopping me from taking Lyon is that they might be extra conservative in their approach since they are ok with a draw. A draw is not that helpful to Liverpool, but it does keep their mathematical hopes for qualification alive. It is difficult to see how the visitors can get anything more than the draw... I am not sure what I'm going to bet on yet if anything. It is a very tough round indeed....:unsure:unsure

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Hi all:) first time post but long time forum surfer. Just as my username suggests I am going to give those thinking of placing your hard earned cash some tips for tonights CL matches. Lyon v Liverpool This is a certain Liverpool away win 2-0 and yes they have been out of form but have recently started to show improvement and don't let their recent Premier League match fool you as they dominated first half but conceded on the opponents first scoring opportunity to demoralize the side. No Gerrard but Torres will play and will score I guarantee you that:ok and @ 2.93 is a nice return for this match. Rubin Kazan v Barcelona Are you kidding me:lol...Kazan are unfortunately going to be on the end of an absolute:spank tonight. 5-1 and the little maestro Messi will score a brace. Dynamo Kiev v Inter Slightly tricky game this one but in the end the Italian class is going to shine through and Samuel Eto'o will prove to be the difference. This one could be a very high scoring match and see a few goals being netted due to Inter attacking and Kiev counter striking these attacks so Inter in a beauty here 3-2. Sevilla v Vfb Stuttgart Don't be tempted into taking the over in this one as Sevilla are done and dusted for their group and haven't got much to play for now. I can actually see an upset and Stuttgart taking all 3 points but I just believe Sevilla may have a little more class to grab an equalizer and a 1-1 draw will be the end result.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th I don't have much to add to the discussion, but, here's my bet for tonight: Sevilla - Stuttgart - SEVILLA (H - 1) WIN @ 2.3 I'm going for two goals win, because I don't see much value in betting on regular win, and with Sevilla so highly outclassing Stuttgart at the moment, I bet they will do their best to re-play their match in Stuttgart. Along with that, team news about injuries on Stuttgart's side are alarming, I don't like their chances of an uppset tonight. Dynamo K. - Inter M. - INTER WIN @ 2.2 Mr. Mourinho is probably pissed since the results in CL aren't to his liking, and he does put much value in that competition. They need it hard, and they need it now. I hope Eto'o will be in his best edition tonight... Unirea U. - G. Rangers - UNIREA WIN @ 2.1 Going with the flow on this one, I see many analyists here doubt that Rangers have what it takes, and I can see how Romanians want to get to the next phase, since this is a surprise chance for them. Lyon - Liverpool - LYON WIN @ 2.5 I hate betting against the Reds, and I know this is a very risky bet, but the value seems good enough. Lyon will be motivated, at least as much as Liverpool, and with several important players injured, I don't see how Liverpool (with only half-ready Torres) should do something on Gerland. They need a victory, might come strong in the beginning, and I bet Lyon will find a way to punish that approach.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th

Hi all:) first time post but long time forum surfer. Just as my username suggests I am going to give those thinking of placing your hard earned cash some tips for tonights CL matches. Lyon v Liverpool This is a certain Liverpool away win 2-0 and yes they have been out of form but have recently started to show improvement and don't let their recent Premier League match fool you as they dominated first half but conceded on the opponents first scoring opportunity to demoralize the side. No Gerrard but Torres will play and will score I guarantee you that:ok and @ 2.93 is a nice return for this match. Rubin Kazan v Barcelona Are you kidding me:lol...Kazan are unfortunately going to be on the end of an absolute:spank tonight. 5-1 and the little maestro Messi will score a brace. Dynamo Kiev v Inter Slightly tricky game this one but in the end the Italian class is going to shine through and Samuel Eto'o will prove to be the difference. This one could be a very high scoring match and see a few goals being netted due to Inter attacking and Kiev counter striking these attacks so Inter in a beauty here 3-2. Sevilla v Vfb Stuttgart Don't be tempted into taking the over in this one as Sevilla are done and dusted for their group and haven't got much to play for now. I can actually see an upset and Stuttgart taking all 3 points but I just believe Sevilla may have a little more class to grab an equalizer and a 1-1 draw will be the end result.
:welcome to the forum mate, Must be great to be able to see the future :lol

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th To those who are backing Barca and Inter, please check the weather forecasts, the temperature and possible snow/winter is a huge advantage for the eastern sides (and I know what I'm saying because I'm writing from Poland which borders with Ukraine and it's f....g freezing outside, I expect the conditions in Russia and Ukraine are twice as bad). I don't know if it influences the game in any way, but there's been an outbreak of swine flu in Ukraine - look at the stands, people will wear masks. Considering all facts I think that these two matches will end as draws. Still Barca and Inter will have chances to qualify as well as the Eastern teams. From the point of view of a football supporter it's the best option - Barca vs Inter at Camp Nou won't be meaningless.

Hi guys, it's my first post here so welcome to all of you. Tonight I'm going to bet on: 1) Olympiakos to win (3,35 expekt) The Greeks are doing pretty well at the moment (last 5 games : 4 wins 1 loss - in the Cup), if they win they'll be in the next round. Standard's form is not the best (last 5 games 1 Win -in the Cup, 2 losses and 2 draws) IMO Standard will pass up CL, they've one pont only ( in the next round they are travelling to London, so probably no points there), and concentrate on the league - they play Club Brugge (the leader of the league) on Sunday, so I think they'll have that fact in their minds :) There are a couple of players missing on both sides, but I don't think these absences will influence the game tonight. Olympiakos have to finally get something from Europe, they are experienced in losing and I think now they want to change that pattern and won't miss their chances. :hope
I must say I don't think you're right here. Standard isn't in their best shape, but they arn't putting their heart in it. There is only 1 thing players of Standard want and that is European succes. All players want to show themselves and hope on a big transfer. Standard still hasn't forgot champions league and if that is over they'll concentrate on the 3rd spot to go to euro league. Fans will be noisy today and all players will play for 200%. I'm not saying Standard will win this but I believe more in a Standard win than a Olympiakos win... besides as you said, Standard will play Club Brugge in competition, but you can be sure they won't be at that match with their head for the reasons I just gave you, and do not forget... Club Brugge has to play as well (tomorrow for the euro league) and they have a very hard match against and in Partizan Belgrade...

To those who are backing Barca and Inter, please check the weather forecasts, the temperature and possible snow/winter is a huge advantage for the eastern sides (and I know what I'm saying because I'm writing from Poland which borders with Ukraine and it's f....g freezing outside, I expect the conditions in Russia and Ukraine are twice as bad). I don't know if it influences the game in any way, but there's been an outbreak of swine flu in Ukraine - look at the stands, people will wear masks. Considering all facts I think that these two matches will end as draws. Still Barca and Inter will have chances to qualify as well as the Eastern teams. From the point of view of a football supporter it's the best option - Barca vs Inter at Camp Nou won't be meaningless.
Ok how does this effect the game? Unless the players have a case of H1N1 then there is no reason to even consider this. Also in regards to weather, unless the sky is falling, there isn't too much advantage. First off, do these Eastern European teams even enjoy playing in crap weather? Not really. Teams adjust. However you were playing in a major altitude change, then your physicality changes. Weather changes only make the tactics different, yes Kiev may have an upper hand on how to play in these sort of conditions but ok so what the players are cold, but when you are consistently running, your bodily function is to continue to build sweat, therefore countering the outside temperatures.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Sevilla together with Chelsea, are the best teams in Europe currently. Sevilla of Jiménez, in two words, a fantastic team, a team that are shows the best football through the wings, Just a pleasure to see how they do it, at all, a pleasure to watch the football of the Andalusian. Jiménez can and want to ensure the place tomorrow in the next step, and also the first place, depending on the outcome of Unirea Urziceni. Manolo still have not published the final list, until these hours, to see which players that with injuries a fits to play, apparently Adriano y Kanoute are out from the final list. Palop recovered from injury, and there is a possibility to see him back in the lineup. I don't see how Stuttgart going back to Germany with something from the game at Sánchez Pizjuán, in addition to all the problems of Babbel.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Rubin Ryzhikov- Ansaldi, Navas, Sharonov, Popov - Noboa, Sibaya, Dominguez - Gokdeniz, Ryazantsev - Bukharov unavailable: Murawski (injured) Barcelona Valdes - Dani Alves, Puyol, Pique, Abidal - Xavi, Busquets, Keita - Messi, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta unavailable: G.Milito (injured), Cigrinski (not registered)

Ok how does this effect the game? Unless the players have a case of H1N1 then there is no reason to even consider this. Also in regards to weather, unless the sky is falling, there isn't too much advantage. First off, do these Eastern European teams even enjoy playing in crap weather? Not really. Teams adjust. However you were playing in a major altitude change, then your physicality changes. Weather changes only make the tactics different, yes Kiev may have an upper hand on how to play in these sort of conditions but ok so what the players are cold, but when you are consistently running, your bodily function is to continue to build sweat, therefore countering the outside temperatures.
As I wrote, I don't know if it affects the game. Just wanted to give you a kind of curiosity. Take it easy:ok I don't agree with you saying there's not too much advantage. Eastern teams are used to play in such conditions. Don't tell me that Dani Alves or Maicon adapt to it in the same way as Andrij Shevchenko:) I'm Barca fan and of course want them to win but I'm sure the game will be extremely tough, I also read that the pitch in Kazan is rather bad. I think there'll be a draw, as I wrote.

As I wrote, I don't know if it affects the game. Just wanted to give you a kind of curiosity. Take it easy:ok I don't agree with you saying there's not too much advantage. Eastern teams are used to play in such conditions. Don't tell me that Dani Alves or Maicon adapt to it in the same way as Andrij Shevchenko:) I'm Barca fan and of course want them to win but I'm sure the game will be extremely tough, I also read that the pitch in Kazan is rather bad. I think there'll be a draw, as I wrote.
Sorry about that, I know weather is crucial against some teams I agree. These guys are professionals, some point in their lives they have played in a certain condition. Yes true, a player like Shevchenko won't enjoy playing in blistering humidity but he's a professional and he would of had to. If you are a real class footballer you will know how to adjust and adjust quickly. Besides, these weather conditions effect primarily the playmakers who have to really understand the speed of the surface. Players like Alves or Maicon are based on pace along the wings and for them the only time when they have the ball all they have to do is worry about keeping it on their feet and passing in the air rather than through balls.

Arsenal vs AZ: Opposing Goals Can anyone tell me why Over 2.5 goals is so short in the Arsenal game? AZ have a pretty good record defensively in this competition, and demonstrated that in the first tie by holding the gunners to a 1-1 draw. I don't think Arsenal will make the same mistake of conceding again in this game, and I also don't think they will score a bagload of goals against a defence Koeman will have fired up to fight for their lives. As far as I'm concerned, Under 2.5 goals at 7/4 on Betfair is massive value. I'm also seriously contemplating laying a huge bet against the Any Unquoted bet at 5/2. Arsenal are not going to put 4+ goals past Koeman's side. And they should never in a million years be 5/2 to do it.
All Arsenal's home matches this season excluding 2 have been over 2.5 goals. Whereas i dont know if the bookies are looking at AZ's form where they won 3 in 11 matches excluding their 5-2 extra time win in dutch cup. AZ have only been winning their matches by a 1 goal margin of late and their last loss to highlight was the 4-2 home loss to Ajax who like Arsenal play a similar passing and moving game. In my opinion and this may be argued against, Koeman is undefeated against Arsenal but records dont always make a difference. Wenger wants to win the CL and he'll make sure his team look like they deserve it by demolishing as many teams as possible, Arsenal dont normally look to score 1 or 2 goals and then stop there. Add that to the fact Arsenal have only kept 3 clean sheets all season and i think over 2.5 is more than likely. But the under 2.5 is good value and its always possible

Totally agree Mike. I don't think Barca or Inter will down tools just because it's "a little bit nippy" I think the weather only really effects the amount of goals we see. I was looking at under 2.5 goals in both games because of the conditions. Naturally, Barca and Inter will have a lot of possession, so I see the pitches/weather effecting their fluidity more than anything. ....but this is the CL, so both home sides will probably win 5-0 :lol

I must say I don't think you're right here. Standard isn't in their best shape, but they arn't putting their heart in it. There is only 1 thing players of Standard want and that is European succes. All players want to show themselves and hope on a big transfer. Standard still hasn't forgot champions league and if that is over they'll concentrate on the 3rd spot to go to euro league. Fans will be noisy today and all players will play for 200%. I'm not saying Standard will win this but I believe more in a Standard win than a Olympiakos win... besides as you said, Standard will play Club Brugge in competition, but you can be sure they won't be at that match with their head for the reasons I just gave you, and do not forget... Club Brugge has to play as well (tomorrow for the euro league) and they have a very hard match against and in Partizan Belgrade...
And I believe otherwise:) Let's hope then there won't be a draw, at least one of us will be happy:ok cheers

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Rubin vs Barcelona Weather wont affect the players that much, only the pitch will be the main concern, as it would probably be hard and affect the ball more than anything. Last time i remember the pitch affecting Barca was the super cup where the pitch was all mud, in that game Barca scraped the win 1-0, and i can see under 2.5 the likely outcome. i'll see how the game starts and depending on that may back Rubin +1 on the handicap Lyon vs Liverpool key players out, poor form doesnt necessarily mean a liverpool loss. Benitez is capable of masterminding a Liverpool victory but im not too sure about this one. I might wait to see the lineups first, and like the first game back an over 2.5 because a draw isnt what liverpool needs and Lyon will not sit back and defend at home although a cautious approach is reasonalbe Dynamo Kiev vs Inter Milan Yes, dynamo pulled off a 2-2 draw at the San Siro when many thought Inter would pull through, but since then Inter have upped their performance and gone on an unbeaten run. Dynamo have a fantastic home record, but in the Ukrainian league can that be transferred to the big European Stage? Against an Inter team who have Diego Milito back as well as Eto'o scoring, i can see over 2.5 a realistic option as Kiev wont sit back and soak in the pressure, both teams will be out to win. My only concern is Inter have a poor CL away record. Unirea vs Rangers Rangers would be stupid to let Unirea capitalize from so many set pieces this time, what i found out was Rangers have a poor scoring record against romanian teams, and like the last time they played i'll back under 2.5 as long as Rangers can defend their set pieces without the own goals and deflections. Arsenal vs AZ Koeman's record doesnt make a difference for me. Arsenal are strong at home and dont sit back and defend after scoring 2 goals. AZ havent been on the best of form recently so i dont expect them to win at the Emirates. They lost 4-2 at home to Ajax and i see Arsenal falling in the same bracket as them. Arsenal's clean sheet record hasnt been good plus their home form = over 2.5 Sevilla vs Stuttgart The odds suggest a sevilla win all over, but Stuttgart have only lost by 1 goal over their last few games. Last night i thought the Marseille game would be under 3 goals because of their scoring form and Zenits form, but after that game im going to go with my instincts and go for Sevilla -1, plus Sevilla will play their strongest 11 hopefully including Kanoute

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Ok, I have decided to tip two draws: Standard de Liege - Olympiacos: Draw @ 3.40 (Skybet) 10/10 The reverse fixture, I think, indicates the dynamics of this fixture. The game was heading for a 1-1 draw but Olympiacos got a fortunate last minute goal in injury time. Having watched the match, I thought the teams were pretty evenly matched. In this match both teams have a few injuries. Olympiacos would be more than happy with a draw and I believe the team's approach will reflect that. A draw leaves Olympiacos in a commanding position for advancing regradless of the outcome in the Arsenal - Alkmaar match. Olympiakos has a very solid defense and an excellent goalkeeper in Nikopolidis. Standard is a sound team, but I believe that things would really have to go their way for them to claim a win against a well organised Olympiacos side. In the end, I think we are going to get a stalemate with a 0-0 or 1-1 score. Lyon - Liverpool: Draw @ 3.40 (Skybet) 10/10 Basically, I don't think Liverpool is in good enough shape to take all three points. In fact, if Lyon really needed the three points I would have tipped the home win. But, I feel Lyon will not risk too much since a point really clinches things for them. Liverpool are an important European club and I think they will give it their best, but their injuries and poor confidence will keep them from winning. A draw is the best they can get, I think, and Lyon will be happy to oblige. I expet a 0-0 or 1-1 result. Let's not forget that Lyon snatched the victory in the 90th minute. The reverse fixture was headed for a 1-1 draw. Good luck in all your bets...:hope

Calling tonight's games, I think, is harder than Tuesday's matches and by no means was that an easy endeavour either. Barcelona and Inter are both in a "need to win" situation. I was tempted, but I am leaning towards NO BET. Yes, both teams have the quality advantage and certainly can defeat teams that are better than either Rubin Kazan or Dynamo Kiev. But both the Russian and Ukranian teams have created good chances of advancing into the next round and both should be respected on their home fields especially since they snatched points in the reverse fixture. Furthermore, the weather presents a disadvantage for Barcelona and Inter who usually play in friendlier weather conditions. Furthermore, both Kazan and Kiev will play a highly defensive match and then it is a question of whether the big favourites can break them down. Sometimes, countless chances cannot be converted to goals. In the end, Barcelona and Inter can win but the odds on offer are really discouraging given my considerations. The Arsenal - Alkamaar match presents, I think insulting odds for Alkmaar. Yes, Alkmaar have indicated that they are stumbling, but the X2 (double chance) is being offered at over 4.50! Arsenal are a better team and will probably win, but there is absolutely no value on Arsenal. The Unirea - Rangers match appears to be a straight forward matter of Unirea's win. Not so fast. Yes, Unirea pounded Rangers in Glasgow and nothing in Rangers' form suggests any serious reaction, but the difference between the teams or the quality of their leagues is not that great. I think Rangers will want to save face after being humiliated in Glasgow and Unirea is an inexperienced team at this level. The odds for the draw and Rangers' win are tempting. The Seville - Stuttgart match also looks like a straight forward win. Based on the teams' quality and form this is quite reasonable. But I'm concerned about the fact that Seville has essentially qualified and that Stuttgart is still very much alive for second place. We saw what happened in the Man U. - CSKA Moscow match....Stuttgart on AH or a double chance might be a value bet. The Standard Liege - Olympiacos match finds the visitors in the luxurious position of being happy with two results. Olympiacos will play a very tight match and play for the draw. Judging from the reverse fixture (2-1 for Olympiacos with a goal in injury time) the draw has good chances here, but if Standard is not really that focused, given their negligible chances of advancing, then Olympiacos could just win the match. The Fiorentina - Debrecen match also has outrageously short odds for Fiorentina. Yes, Fiorentina are the better team, but odds of 1.20 exaggerate the difference between these teams. The Lyon - Liverpool match is a tricky one indeed. Clearly, the issue of form points to a Lyon victory. The only thing stopping me from taking Lyon is that they might be extra conservative in their approach since they are ok with a draw. A draw is not that helpful to Liverpool, but it does keep their mathematical hopes for qualification alive. It is difficult to see how the visitors can get anything more than the draw... I am not sure what I'm going to bet on yet if anything. It is a very tough round indeed....:unsure:unsure
Totally agree with this post. Too many ifs/buts or maybies tonight (and tommorrows not any different.) Good luck to those taking the plunge tonight;)

Rubin Kazan v Barcelona - Rubin Kazan +1 H'cap @ 2.75 Ladbrokes Barca way to short for me here, they underperformed at home to Rubin and this will be alot tougher going to Russia, not many teams go to Russia and win easily so if they do get a win tonight I expect to have a good run for my money, I like what Rubin done at the Nou Camp, I like the fact that Barca got it back to level terms and they did not crumble, many teams would of lost the game after the goal went in but Rubin stayed strong and even found the winner. Barca have not had it all there only way so far this season and the draw against Osasuna underlined that, take the Russians to sneak something. Lyon v Liverpool - Both teams to score? Yes @ 1.95 Bluesq Decent bet around even money, Liverpool need to win this game really so I expect them to create plenty of chances and assuming Torres starts there is every chance they'll find the net, Liverpool seem to come up with the goods when its most needed, Lyon have not failed to score at home since Rangers in 2007, a run stretching back nine games, they'll fancy there chances of finding a goal on Liverpool's recent form and there win at Anfield. Unirea Urziceni v Rangers - Unirea Urziceni -1 H'cap @ 4.00 Bet365 Bet of the evening for me, firstly Unirea are not on there home soil but the game will be played in there country, Unirea smashed Rangers 4-1 at Ibrox and in the current state of Rangers I just don't see them winning away in Europe, fair enough they can go to Dundee and get a result but going to Romaina and getting a result are two different things. The two 4-1 defeats to Unirea and Sevilla were largely down to poor second half displays. I don't think the home side are anything special but on the game a few weeks ago its hard not to side with the home side and odds of 3-1 for them two win by two goals when Rangers need to chase the game look nice.
as a rangers fan myself, i think this game is going to be tough, obviously alot of people fancy urinea because they beat us 4-1 at ibrox, and also because of the current difficult time rangers are in at the moment. this match will not be anywhere near 4-1 this time. whatever way it goes it will be close. if you look at rangers' previous results in europe the last couple of years, we seem to play better away from home at times and this is a must win game for us. rangers managment and team has the determination in situations like this and are more than capable of turning it round. although seville beat us 4-1, we played great in that match and were the better team throughout the first half, then had a clear penelty denied when it was still 0-0, we were also magnificant in the second half against stutgart and were unlucky not to snatch it at the end. i think either rangers or a draw in this game, hard to predict, but definatly wouldnt go for urinea -1. to be honest i would advise not to touch this game atall. like me. good luck

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Unirea vs. Rangers Despite of the astonishing result from the first encounter, I think these sides are still at quite same level. Noticing that Rangers had managed to take one point at Stuttgart and taking into account their superior European experience, I believe they are capable of something tonight. So, Rangers +0.25/+0.5 is the value here, with the condition of approaching the game in the same manner Unirea did during the previous meeting. I'm talking about putting behind the superior atitude and beating Unirea with their own weapons: rock, disciplined defence, sharp counterattacks and maximum exploitation of the set pieces. Sorry for my poor English, these words came from a Romanian fellow. ;) Although I would love to see Unirea winning the game, I believe this is the reality from the betting perspective. Goodluck to everybody.

Hi guys, it's my first post here so welcome to all of you. Tonight I'm going to bet on: 1) Olympiakos to win (3,35 expekt) The Greeks are doing pretty well at the moment (last 5 games : 4 wins 1 loss - in the Cup), if they win they'll be in the next round. Standard's form is not the best (last 5 games 1 Win -in the Cup, 2 losses and 2 draws) IMO Standard will pass up CL, they've one pont only ( in the next round they are travelling to London, so probably no points there), and concentrate on the league - they play Club Brugge (the leader of the league) on Sunday, so I think they'll have that fact in their minds :) There are a couple of players missing on both sides, but I don't think these absences will influence the game tonight. Olympiakos have to finally get something from Europe, they are experienced in losing and I think now they want to change that pattern and won't miss their chances. 2) Fiorentina vs Debreceni both teams to score (2,10 expekt) Frankly saying I haven't spent much time analysing this game, just pure intuition:) The Hungarians know that scoring against Viola is possible and I think they'll simply do it. 2,10 is tempting so I will bet on it. Viola needs to attack so they'll open a bit. They'll miss Jovetic, Mutu and Natali, especially the first two are very important so I think there can be a draw, but I won't risk betting on this because Fiorentina is still much stronger than Debreceni. 3) Unirea vs Rangers both teams to score (1,75 expekt) The Romanians have an unique chance to qualify, they are confident after their trip to Glasgow and they're definitely capable of scoring against poor in Europe Rangers. The Scots have nothing to lose and will want to take revenge on the Romanians. I think we'll see a couple of goals here. :hope
you cannot say rangers are poor in europe where is this coming from? ok last year we slipped up against kaunas and didnt qualify. the year before we hammered lyton 3-0 away from home, lost 3-2 to stuttgart away but were the better side, beat stutgart at ibrox, drew 0-0 with barcelona at ibrox, finished 3rd in an extremely tough group and went all the way to the uefa cup final, putting out panathanikos, weder bremen, sporting lisbon and fiorentina. as i mentioned in my previous post, the only match we have played badly in in the group stage so far this year is against urinea. we just had a bad game. we played very well against stutgart away to get a draw and were unlucky against seville. the 4-1 score doesnt represent the way we played. we lost our way after they scored but before that we were excelent. knowing rangers and what they can be like in matches like this where everyones expecting them to get beat, and where they must win, i would strongly advise not to bet on a urinea win.

Unirea vs. Rangers Despite of the astonishing result from the first encounter, I think these sides are still at quite same level. Noticing that Rangers had managed to take one point at Stuttgart and taking into account their superior European experience, I believe they are capable of something tonight. So, Rangers +0.25/+0.5 is the value here, with the condition of approaching the game in the same manner Unirea did during the previous meeting. I'm talking about putting behind the superior atitude and beating Unirea with their own weapons: rock, disciplined defence, sharp counterattacks and maximum exploitation of the set pieces. Sorry for my poor English, these words came from a Romanian fellow. ;) Although I would love to see Unirea winning the game, I believe this is the reality from the betting perspective. Goodluck to everybody.
totally agree with you there mate. as i said i wouldnt touch this game atall.

you cannot say rangers are poor in europe where is this coming from? ok last year we slipped up against kaunas and didnt qualify. the year before we hammered lyton 3-0 away from home' date=' lost 3-2 to stuttgart away but were the better side, beat stutgart at ibrox, drew 0-0 with barcelona at ibrox, finished 3rd in an extremely tough group and went all the way to the uefa cup final, putting out panathanikos, weder bremen, sporting lisbon and fiorentina. as i mentioned in my previous post, the only match we have played badly in in the group stage so far this year is against [b']urinea. we just had a bad game. we played very well against stutgart away to get a draw and were unlucky against seville. the 4-1 score doesnt represent the way we played. we lost our way after they scored but before that we were excelent. knowing rangers and what they can be like in matches like this where everyones expecting them to get beat, and where they must win, i would strongly advise not to bet on a urinea win.
It is Unirea.

No bet on this 1 either but I have an early opinion on it. Dyanmo Kiev v Inter Inter have failed to win a SINGLE Champions' League game since Mourinho joined, and the run stretches even before that. 3-3 Anorthosis 0-1 Panathinaikos ------->wrong! result was 2-0 for inter 1-2 Werder 0-0 Man Utd 0-2 Man Utd 0-0 Barca 1-1 Rubin 2-2 Dynamo Hardly awe-inspiring European form. Team news Dynamo Out: Badr El Kaddouri (ankle), Olexandr Shovkovskiy (stomach), Pape Diakhate (knee) Doubtful: Andriy Nesmachniy (knee) Suspended: none Inter Doubtful: Thiago Motta (thigh), Wesley Sneijder (thigh), Sulley Muntari (heel), Cristian Chivu (thigh), Mario Balotelli (illness), Motta (fitness) I think Inter will struggle, Kiev is a tough, hostile place to play and Dynamo aren't missing anyone vital - all the players that played against Inter 2 weeks ago are available, and Yussef should be back.
panathinaikos - inter 0-2

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th I think Unirea are poorly priced here and its just down to that one result they got at Ibrox. Other than that, their form is poor. They couldn't beat Stuttgart in Romania (in fact they only just scraped a late draw) so I don't think the home advantage is a major factor here (and it's not being played at their own ground). Lay Unirea at Evs

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Rubin Kazan v FC Barcelona - Red Card - 4.5 Expekt Dynamo Kyiv v Internazionale- Red Card – Expekt – 5

Fiorentina v Debreceni VSC – Red Card – Expekt – 5

Sevilla v VfB Stuttgart– Red Card – Expekt – 4.5

Standard de Liège v Olympiakos – Red Card – Expekt – 5 Unirea Urziceni v Rangers– Red Card – Expekt – 5

Was spectacularly unsuccessful following this strategy yesterday but will give it one more go. I think now the competition is getting to the "sharp end" - re qualification for the next round - the potential for things boiling over increases. I still think odds of 4.5 or 5 are generous. If I prove to be as wrong tonight as last night I might just admit that the bookies are the ones who have it right - again! Am selecting 6 matches wth minium odds of 4.5

And I believe otherwise:) Let's hope then there won't be a draw, at least one of us will be happy:ok cheers
well.. Dak will be happy because he placed a bet on a draw ;) No, idd but I just want to say it's a game that can go either way... so don't place a huge bet is my advice :rollin

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Agree with ScotlandsPunter on the Arsenal and Sevilla -1 handicaps. Arsenal have been absolutely flying recently, particularly at home where they have been racking up goals galore. Ok, Koeman has never lost to Arsenal in 5 matches, an impressive stat but Alkmaar were lucky to get a point in Holland, the Gunners should have been out of sight and look for them to qualify in style here. 2-0 or 3-0 home win at 8/13 on bet 365. Have doubled this up with Sevilla -1 which is 6/4 on bet365. Sevilla will want to win this which would guarantee top spot should Unirea fail to win, even if the Romanians its unlikely they will pip the Spaniards to top spot. Sevilla have been in excellent form while Stutgart have been poor both domestically and in the CL. 6/4 looks big considering Sevilla covered the -1 handicap when winning 3-1 in Germany and Stuttgart have a lot of injury problems to contend with. Double- Arsenal-1 & Sevilla -1 @ 3/1 bet365 Also gonna lay Barca for small stakes at 1/2. They should win but feel the price offers no value considering the reverse fixture and the fact that Russia is a hard place to go at this time of year. Rubin drew at home to Inter and were unlucky not to win that game so they have every chance of sneaking something here I feel LAY Barcelona @1/2 Betfair Thats my two bets for now, but still pondering over Unirea and will come back to that one