** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Wed November 4th

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th FROM LAST NIGHT (Tonight I must say there is a lot of value in backing draws as a lot of the away teams would settle for a draw in the quest to qualify. With this being the double header from 2 weeks ago any manager worth his salt will be trying to nullify the attack of the home team and i feel that we may have a lot of low scoring matches tonight which tend to improve the chances of a 0-0 or 1-1 result. Champions league football has cost me on straight 1 or 2 result too many times in the last season so I am going for a full perm of four draws in Athletico Madrid v Chelsea :nana Milan V Real Madrid :nana Besikitas v Wolfsberg :@ APOEL v Porto :@ 15 bets at 1 unit each 2 draws gets stake back 3 or 4 draws big big money :hope :hope) _________________________________________________________________________________ After yesterday's excitement of attempted full perm of 4 draws( eventually returning 2 and a profit of 3.5 units) I thought I would try this again tonight. Based on nothing more than the expected low scoring matches I feel this is worth another try Rubin Kazan v Barcelona Dynamo Kiev V Inter Standard Liege V Olympiakos Unirea v Rangers Full perm 15 bets at 1 unit 2 draws for slight profit 3 or 4 brings big money :loon Good Luck all :hope

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th

Too many ifs/buts or maybies tonight... Good luck to those taking the plunge tonight;)
I also join dak & sharpshot - very uncertain, and therefore very interesting night, tactics IMO will be changing fast in the course of some games. At least 5 games could be Under 1,5 Goals by HT, in other words go either way deep in the second half... Read every single post above and the leans are obvious. So to me betting will start at HT, IN-PLAY. In regards with how much the weather affects a game, one thing is certain - on heavy ( wet, frozen ) pitches all players are more careful as of possible injuries, and anyone who played football ever, at no matter what level will agree. Apart from this, and at this level weather shouldn't matter much - we have seen enough Brasilians playing in Ukraine and Russia, all big Clubs at some point had to play in Moscow, Kiev, Norway, etc. - to a professional player this is just another game in different conditions. If he is not good, well - I guess that is why we call some people Managers, and some - simply Coaches - big Clubs need options to adjust to tactics, injury lists, weather, etc... I must admit I am biased, and I wouldn't take Over 2,5 Goals easily with heavy rain or snow. I am often wrong though... GL everyone

panathinaikos - inter 0-2
26-11-2008 UEFA Champio… L Internazionale 0 - 1 Panathinaikos
Excuse my french, but go f uck yourself. I swear at least half of the people on this forum have a sole purpose of making pedantic (and incorrect) corrections of people trying to offer a view on the match. Oh ok so Mourinho joined Inter and they beat ANORTHOSIS 1-0. Big ******* deal, if anything it illustrates my point that inter don't have a good european record in the past couple of seaonss.

Better than even money on Unirea, surely has to be value, watched Rangers against Dundee Utd at the weekend and although they lead 1-0 b4 the game was postponed Utd had several opportunities, I feel this is real value for a team who humbled Rangers in their back garden. This is not Rangers of old, this is a poor team, and I just cant see them winning this tie. Rangers and Celtic have not got the players of quality they had in the past and I feel this price is based on past performances. Rangers must go to win this game and I feel when they do they will be found wanting! :hope
I'm not so sure about this, this is an absolute must win for Rangers and can see them playing two up front as opposed to the one up the last time. This along with the fact it is basically an away game for the Romanians as well (playing thirty odd miles away from their home village) I really cannot see Rangers being as bad as they were the last time. The odds of 4.4 on Betfair are very tempting and if the Rangers team is confirmed as two up front I think I shall be having a moderate wager on them.

Rubin Kazan v Barcelona - Rubin Kazan +1 H'cap @ 2.75 Ladbrokes Barca way to short for me here, they underperformed at home to Rubin and this will be alot tougher going to Russia, not many teams go to Russia and win easily so if they do get a win tonight I expect to have a good run for my money, I like what Rubin done at the Nou Camp, I like the fact that Barca got it back to level terms and they did not crumble, many teams would of lost the game after the goal went in but Rubin stayed strong and even found the winner. Barca have not had it all there only way so far this season and the draw against Osasuna underlined that, take the Russians to sneak something.
I've taken this too mate at 2.70, just a small stake to keep me going until I make my picks for tonight. Good luck! :ok

as a rangers fan myself' date=' i think this game is going to be tough, obviously alot of people fancy urinea because they beat us 4-1 at ibrox, and also because of the current difficult time rangers are in at the moment. this match will not be anywhere near 4-1 this time. whatever way it goes it will be close. if you look at rangers' previous results in europe the last couple of years, we seem to play better away from home at times and this is a must win game for us. rangers managment and team has the determination in situations like this and are more than capable of turning it round. although seville beat us 4-1, we played great in that match and were the better team throughout the first half, then had a clear penelty denied when it was still 0-0, we were also magnificant in the second half against stutgart and were unlucky not to snatch it at the end. i think either rangers or a draw in this game, hard to predict, but definatly wouldnt go for urinea -1. to be honest i would advise not to touch this game atall. like me. good luck[/quote'] Be careful not to advise with your heart instead of your head. Unirea -1 is a decent shout considering the sorry state of Rangers. With the club in administration in all but name and morale at an all time low within the club Unirea have never had a better chance of beating the Ibrox side. I still think they'll catch a break mind you and steal a point

26-11-2008UEFA Champio…L Internazionale 0 - 1 Panathinaikos
Excuse my french, but go f uck yourself. I swear at least half of the people on this forum have a sole purpose of making pedantic (and incorrect) corrections of people trying to offer a view on the match. Oh ok so Mourinho joined Inter and they beat ANORTHOSIS 1-0. Big ******* deal, if anything it illustrates my point that inter don't have a good european record in the past couple of seaonss.
Calm down mate.....:ok We all rely on the information supplied being CORRECT on this site. For me, tonight I'm taking things small again because despite the criminally insane odds, a lot of these games are closer than expected. Arsenal (-1) @ 1.66 - Stan James v AZ Alkmaar. Arsenal are in excellent form, scoring goals for fun. Especially at home, they are capable of hitting seven past anyone on their day. In Europe they usually score a fair few at home too. I wasn't impressed with AZ in Holland. They attempted to play Arsenal at their own game, but failed to even realise they needed to make an attacking move. I think personally they were playing for a draw. Away from home they can't play Arsenal at their own game, and I don't think AZ's defence is good enough to eep out the onslaught. Sevilla (-1) @ 2.25 - Blusquare v VfB Stuttgart. Sevilla may be missing Kanoute, but they didn't need him in the reverse fixture in Germany. Stuttgart are in poor form and finding it hard to score right now. I can't see past a Sevilla win and I think the odds on the handicap are pretty good. Rubin Kazan v FC Barcelona UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.1 - StanJames. Dynamo Kyiv v Internazionale UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.73 - BET365. Both these bets are based purely on the conditions, which have been mentioned on here previously. I think both Inter and Barcelona will naturally have most the possession, but Kazan and Kiev can hold both sides at bay long enough. They proved in the reverse fixtures that they are better than their odds suggest. Olympique Lyonnais @ 2.4 - BluSquare v Liverpool. Don't care what the problems may be internally at Lyon. They did the job over Liverpool earlier last month. There is no way in this world that I would ever take on Liverpool minus the players they have out. i.e. Gerrard, Johnson, Albert Riera, Martin Skrtl and Fabio Aurelio. Johnson and Gerrard being out is crutial for me. Can't see an unfit Torres lasting more than sixty minutes here either. If he has an injury, is playing on pain killing injections, and he only lasted 60 minutes against Fulham at the weekend, I don't think he'll stay on for the full 90 minutes. The reserves have to step up now. Please stop me whilst I contain my enthusiasm over the thought of N'Gog, Babel or Veronin coming in:puke This I feel will be the final nail in the coffin for Rafa. Their 2-0 win over United papered over the cracks. The sale of Alonso in the summer has killed them.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th with ten mins to kick off i dont often post but enjoy the site very much regarding the barca match tonight they surely know that they have to win this game to be comfortable in this group thier form though has been indifferent more so away from home i think they miss eto badly hes a better player than ibramivatich, to lose at home to rubin kazan was a real shock though but tonight i feel they will be very focused and come away with a narrow victory.one point of caution though is ive checked on odschecker and most of the money seems to be for rubin or the draw but still the market doesnt always get it right

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Jase, I was correct RE the score. Then I get an onslaught of abuse because I mistook the date on which Mourinho became coach of Inter. Now, call me old-fashioned, but that's hardly a decision-changing statistic now, is it? ;)

26-11-2008 UEFA Champio… L Internazionale 0 - 1 Panathinaikos
Hi Bahnhof: I think your over reacting mate and I think you're out of line. I say this with respect. You don't need to use that kind of language towards Ollandos. He didn't ridicule you or anything. Relax, you'll enjoy the company in this forum more...:ok

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLyon vs Liverpool
SelectionLyon
Strength10/10
Date04/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool have been terrible of late and Lyon at odds against at home offer terrific value, especially after winning 2-1 at Anfield a few weeks back. Liverpool will miss Gerrard and Johnson big time here and with Torres not fully fit, I simply can't see them winning this game.
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventDynamo Kiev vs Inter
SelectionInter (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date04/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
ReasoningInter have struggled in Europe for the past few years and I'm not sure they should be classed as favourites against Kiev away from home. Kiev drew 2-2 in Italy a few weeks back and Inter appear to have several doubts for this game regarding key personel. I can't see Inter winning this game and 6/4 to lay is more than acceptable in my eyes.

Be careful not to advise with your heart instead of your head. Unirea -1 is a decent shout considering the sorry state of Rangers. With the club in administration in all but name and morale at an all time low within the club Unirea have never had a better chance of beating the Ibrox side. I still think they'll catch a break mind you and steal a point
rangers are not in administration mate. yes they are in a bad situation, but knowing the team, if that is going to effect us in in way it will motivate us. it may seem like im advising with my heart instead of head. but i know what we are like in these situations and i would strongly advise not to put money unirea -1. the most they will get from this match is a draw. people are getting carried away with the first result at ibrox.

FROM LAST NIGHT (Tonight I must say there is a lot of value in backing draws as a lot of the away teams would settle for a draw in the quest to qualify. With this being the double header from 2 weeks ago any manager worth his salt will be trying to nullify the attack of the home team and i feel that we may have a lot of low scoring matches tonight which tend to improve the chances of a 0-0 or 1-1 result. Champions league football has cost me on straight 1 or 2 result too many times in the last season so I am going for a full perm of four draws in Athletico Madrid v Chelsea :nana Milan V Real Madrid :nana Besikitas v Wolfsberg :@ APOEL v Porto :@ 15 bets at 1 unit each 2 draws gets stake back 3 or 4 draws big big money :hope :hope) _________________________________________________________________________________ After yesterday's excitement of attempted full perm of 4 draws( eventually returning 2 and a profit of 3.5 units) I thought I would try this again tonight. Based on nothing more than the expected low scoring matches I feel this is worth another try Rubin Kazan v Barcelona :nana Dynamo Kiev V Inter Standard Liege V Olympiakos Unirea v Rangers Full perm 15 bets at 1 unit 2 draws for slight profit 3 or 4 brings big money :loon Good Luck all :hope
Nice start tonight:clap:clap

Also gonna lay Barca for small stakes at 1/2. They should win but feel the price offers no value considering the reverse fixture and the fact that Russia is a hard place to go at this time of year. Rubin drew at home to Inter and were unlucky not to win that game so they have every chance of sneaking something here I feel LAY Barcelona @1/2 Betfair
That'll do :ok

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th Pjanic (Lyon) anytime goal 5/1 extrabet. Unfortately not on pens, but takes a wicked free kick. Surging runs into the box also a feature of this talented player. Has 2 to his name in the CL so far, one a superb free kick. Foiled by Reina in a 1 on 1 a fortnight ago.

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th I have just backed Lucas to be shown a card any time tonight in Lyon v Liverpool @ 4.5 with Betfair. The game matters a lot to Liverpool and they will be out to have to win every challenge, every ball and tempers may raise. Mascherano was available @ 2.64 to be shown a card but those odds aren't favourable even if it is likely that he will be booked. I think Lucas will have to win almost as many challenges and if he makes mistakes then he will get found out and likely carded.

Arsenal (-1) @ 1.66 - Stan James v AZ Alkmaar. :) Sevilla (-1) @ 2.25 - Blusquare v VfB Stuttgart. :wall Rubin Kazan v FC Barcelona UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.1 - StanJames. :) Dynamo Kyiv v Internazionale UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.73 - BET365. :wall Olympique Lyonnais @ 2.4 - BluSquare v Liverpool. :unsure
Another "fun" night in the CL. Two goals in the final 10 minutes in Kiev piss me off more than Sevilla.

FC Sevilla v VfB Stuttgart I like the odds for Stuttgart to score here. Of course many aspects, especially stats do speak for Sevilla here and some German moderators even say "Stuttgart should better stay at home", but all of Stuttgart matches in which they did draw or lose where not very bad performances. They were never really outplayed, they just lack the results which will give them self-confidence. When Sevilla will underrate Stuttgart, then we could even see a surprise here. Stuttgart to score 3/10 @1.55 :ok Stuttgart AH (0) 1/10 @5.1 :( (PUSH)
Good performances by Stuttgart, they deserved more than that draw in my opinion even. Fair enough that we did not jump on the main stream opinion :ok. Goob job those who back Inter and Lyon/Liverpool both teams to score :ok

Typical lucky Italians... Inter have to be one of the most overrated teams in Europe imo. :wall
HAHAHAHAH this is a silly comment. First off Kiev's goal was a defliction, then it was all Inter. They deserved the win. So Inter is overrated eh? Barcelona? How about those guys?

Typical lucky Italians... Inter have to be one of the most overrated teams in Europe imo. :wall[/ I didn't think I would say this, but I supported your pick because I also believed it had some value. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Inter are not overrated, but just a bigger club with more experience and quality players. Good luck. :ok

Typical lucky Italians... Inter have to be one of the most overrated teams in Europe imo. :wall
I think quality enforces. So does it work with Man Utd. So does it work with Juventus. So does it work with Porto. and so does it work with Inter :ok It is the same with being intelligent. If you are intelligent you are allowed to act like being stupid, it won't work the other way. If favorites want to win they can usually achieve this, it is up to if they really want it or not. Other teams such as Rangers and Celtic may want to win but simply won't achieve this. Lack of quality. ;)

I think quality enforces. So does it work with Man Utd. So does it work with Juventus. So does it work with Porto. and so does it work with Inter :ok It is the same with being intelligent. If you are intelligent you are allowed to act like being stupid, it won't work the other way. If favorites want to win they can usually achieve this, it is up to if they really want it or not. Other teams such as Rangers and Celtic may want to win but simply won't achieve this. Lack of quality. ;)
You've totally lost me with this post :unsure