** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Wed November 4th

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th

You've totally lost me with this post :unsure
Was not meant personally to people from Scotland who support their teams. It is just a fact and the reason why we usually see the same teams in QF's of Champions League. I wish I could say the opposite, but Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and any other team from Turkey and almost every team in Germany lacks the quality as well. ;) Inter may not convince, scores may look close, but no one should describe them as overrated when they grab acceptable to good results in Europe and their domestic league. No team can be lucky during the whole season - that must be something different :ok

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not meant personally to people from Scotland who support their teams. It is just a fact and the reason why we usually see the same teams in QF's of Champions League. I wish I could say the opposite, but Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and any other team from Turkey and almost every team in Germany lacks the quality as well. ;) Inter may not convince, scores may look close, but no one should describe them as overrated when they grab acceptable to good results in Europe and their domestic league. No team can be lucky during the whole season - that must be something different :ok
Never took it personally mate, was just the 'intelligent' comparison you made got me a little bit confused :lol Agree Inter have some sort of quality but with all due respect when was the last time they did anything significant in Europe..? They are not the team they once were. :ok

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th If Mou gets some things sorted Inter might go far this season. I disagree with JJ, Inter should have won that match much earlier, it's incredible what they missed tonight. Overall, profitable night for me, but only because of that lucky 0-0 in Kazan, otherwise it would be bad as well.

Agree Inter have some sort of quality but with all due respect when was the last time they did anything significant in Europe..? They are not the team they once were. :ok
Well the key players which lead to their success in past aged as simple as that and management did not want to see this for years (Figo, Viera e.g.) Then again they won the title in Seria A several times in a row which shows that the quality was enough for domestic success. Now why didn't they do anything significant in Europe? Simply because with an aged team as this, you will always have problems to dance on two/three parties at the same time. In addition, the football Inter did face in Europe was not the same (slow) football as they did face in Seria A. Italy as a football country did sleep here, not making the next step - while in England they did do it. Same reason why Kiew, Celtic/Rangers, Fenerbahce/Galatasaray, Bayern München, Olympiakos and all the other top clubs from their domestic leagues have no big success in Europe. The league they play in is on a total different level than CL is. But if you compare Kiew to Inter (both league level too) and if you watch the match, then I cannot understand such a statement as "Italians...always luck" :ok

If Mou gets some things sorted Inter might go far this season. I disagree with JJ' date=' Inter should have won that match much earlier, it's incredible what they missed tonight. Overall, profitable night for me, [b']but only because of that lucky 0-0 in Kazan, otherwise it would be bad as well.
Kazan were absolutely incredible defensively tonight and arguably had the better chances (especially in the second half) would have classed it as 'lucky' personally :ok

Same with Kiew, Celtic/Rangers, Fenerbahce/Galatasaray, Bayern München, Olympiakos and all the other top clubs from their domestic leagues have no big success in Europe. The league they play in is on a total different level than CL is. But if you compare Kiew to Inter ( both league level too) and if you watch the match, then I cannot understand such a statement as "Italians...always luck" :ok
Agree with the highlighted statement above and I never watch the Inter game so I cannot comment on it mate :ok

26-11-2008UEFA Champio…L Internazionale 0 - 1 Panathinaikos
Excuse my french, but go f uck yourself. I swear at least half of the people on this forum have a sole purpose of making pedantic (and incorrect) corrections of people trying to offer a view on the match. Oh ok so Mourinho joined Inter and they beat ANORTHOSIS 1-0. Big ******* deal, if anything it illustrates my point that inter don't have a good european record in the past couple of seaonss.
ahh, mate, are you f ucking stupid or something? Inter lost at home to panathinaikos but beat panathinaikos away from home. so you stupid d ick, you cant even read. I pointed out that they won away at panathinaikos and you think you're so f ucking smart pointing out that they lost at home! i never said they won at home, i said they won away. i swear there's at least one guy who posts up wrong information and acts like a dickhead on this forum - you. and i agreed with you that inter had a bad record in europe, so whats the big problem? excuse my french, but go f uck yourself, you c unt.

your claim is just plain wrong so check before you go around saying stuff like 'inter haven't won a SINGLE match under mourinho' :eyes all the information is publicly available so check because otherwise you might mislead people. 16 sep 2008 - panathinaikos 0 -2 inter 22 oct 2008 - inter 1 - 0 anorthosis admittedly inter hasn't won in a year and this is very bad form. i agree with you there.
Was i f ucking wrong bahnhof? Inter won TWO matches under mourinho - thats a lot different to 'not having won a SINGLE' match under mourinho. I didn't use any foul language in my post, you didn't have to reply like such a immature little man, but since you started it, why don't you go cry to mommy you d umb f uck. i agreed with you, but no you had to go and be an e-thug.

That could well be a deciding factor in this match...I've first hand experience with this as a couple of seasons ago, Hearts had to play European matches at Murrayfield instead of Tynecastle...it's just not the same. I decided to take a long shot for tonight in the Lyon-Liverpool game, small stake of course... Lyon v Liverpool...HT/FT - LYON/DRAW @ 15 :( Treble Fiorentina v Debrecen :clap Sevilla v Stuttgart :( Unirea Urziceni v Rangers :(

£2 returns £13.48

Double West Ham v Aston Villa :( Standard Liege v Olympiacos :(

£1 returns £8.32

Single Dynamo Kiev v Inter Milan :clap

£5 returns £10.50

The treble is obviously dodgy with Rangers, but I had to include them to get some value from the bet...they lost 4-1 at home, but were pretty unlucky with 2 own goals I think it was, and with the above fact that Unirea won't be at there home ground, this could be tight :hope. Good luck everyone :cheers

Ah well, not much luck, however the Inter game keeps me in profit for the night :clap

Re: Champions League Wed November 4th God I wish I posted my predictions before. I went perfect perfect perfect last night!!!! Lyon-liverpool draw @ 3,65 Dynamo - Inter @ 2,10 Sevilla Stuttgart draw @ 4,15 Rangers also on a tie @ 3.9 Bet 15 quid for a my best return ever: 1860,87 pounds!!! :cheers I'm very very happy right now.

God I wish I posted my predictions before. I went perfect perfect perfect last night!!!! Lyon-liverpool draw @ 3,65 Dynamo - Inter @ 2,10 Sevilla Stuttgart draw @ 4,15 Rangers also on a tie @ 3.9 Bet 15 quid for a my best return ever: 1860,87 pounds!!! :cheers I'm very very happy right now.[/quote Aftertiming is frowned upon on this forum mate and Bullsh*t posts like this do my head in:wall Go on, prove me wrong and show me proof of your bet????

Urinea v Rangers - Draw Despite the 1-4 scoreline in the reverse fixture at Ibrox 2 weeks ago, the scoreline seriously falttered Urinea who were average at best and scored 3 of their goals with the aid of massive deflection. They have been impressive at home in the competition thus far taking a point from Stuttgart and I fancy them to take a point from the Glasgow side tonight. Rangers are terrible, I mean God damn woeful but they have an ability to make themselves compact and tough to beat. They have been hurting big time since their drubbing 2 weeks ago and havent really set the heather on fire domestically sicne then and will be keen to prove a point tonight. Smith has shown that in the past that even in must win situations he will refuse to put 2 up top away from home in Europe and I expect the same again tonight with Miller running the line on his own. With McCulloch coming back into the side they will be slightly more solid at the back however the loss of Bougherra is a huge blow. Here's hoping Rangers dont embarass Scottish football once more tonight :sad (in fact part of me hopes that they do :lol) Prediction - Poor game 1-1 :zzz
Couldnt have got it more bang on if I tried. A duff game and Rangers stole a point in a drab 1-1 draw. Shame I ended up backing Unirea isnt it? :rollin :wall