** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Long Term Football Drip - The Sequel

ScottyXS

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Long Term Football Drip - The Sequel Scotty - this is really impressive - read through this thread and previous one - fingers crossed you get past your previous best. Am inspired to try something similar but different scoreline - although will follow yours with interest. Al.

Re: Long Term Football Drip - The Sequel Wow, that was hellish. Thank God for that missed penalty! Can't believe as a Celtic fan I was roaring on an Arsenal 4th.

Scotty - this is really impressive - read through this thread and previous one - fingers crossed you get past your previous best. Am inspired to try something similar but different scoreline - although will follow yours with interest. Al.
Thanks for the kind words kaizenalpha, good luck with your bets. :hope

Re: Long Term Football Drip - The Sequel

Two games in one day which seem easy 3-0's then end up nervy 3-2's can't be good for the heart Scotty. Luck must have been on your side today.:clap
Can't believe it, I've picked some shockers today, I really have. :wall Your right, two 3-0's, with the "Any unquoted" going as low as 1.3-1.4 (It was 3-0 to Chicago in under 20 mins ffs) , only for the trailing team to gradually work there way back and pull themselves back into it! That's what it's like laying CS though I suppose, you lay 1 scoreline but there's really a dozen when you start to feel fcuked. 2-2 at HT's a nightmare, as is 2-1 at HT to the underdog, scoreline at 3-0 and then going 3-1 is also a bugger, 3-2 and 2-3 are sickening. I feel more relieved right now than any of those cnuts in Los Angeles or London. The problem with laying these high scorelines is when you get some early goals, or quick goals. Can't remember one 3-3 where theres not been a really early goal, or 2 goals within a couple mins of each other. I've done this for a while now and still feel nervous when it's close. But just have to remember it's not over 'til it's over, there's a whole bunch of close scorelines, just have to focus in on the fact I didn't pick the winning one. I wouldn't have picked these 3-2's to lay, so when they occur I just have to tell myself that. Thanks Shrimpy, if you've been following then I'm relieved for us both :cheers

Re: Long Term Football Drip - The Sequel That's a few close shaves recently! And quite a few overall. If you get your balance to bet to say to £1k will you change the banking strategy and bank everything and just bet with the £1k each time. I really would like to see you make some money with this :ok

That's a few close shaves recently! And quite a few overall. If you get your balance to bet to say to £1k will you change the banking strategy and bank everything and just bet with the £1k each time. I really would like to see you make some money with this :ok
I don't think I'll be changing the banking strategy that drastically, but it will be changed so I am banking more often. Maybe bank half the profit from each bet, something along those lines. I am trying to bank a bit more as the betting bank increases, if it gets to something daft it will be the vast majority of the profits that I bank. Just think of it like this, after hitting 2 close scorelines, which really should have lost in the end :tongue2 Now (based on my average odds) hopefully I won't come too close for another 208 bets :loon

I would be interested to know what amount you would be on if you had not bacnked at all.
Just work that out for you the now mate. With average odds (taken from bets 1 to 270) of 104.31 / 1, after 276 bets, I would be on £1424.16 :loon So P/L of +£1324.16. A difference of £487.41 compared to the +£836.75 I'm on right now.