** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Europa League 17 September

ultravires

Re: Europa League 17 September

I am suprised no-one mentioned Shakhtar Donetsk away to Club Brugge ??? Shakhtar are a way way better team than club brugge, and the odds are very tasty @2.00 with paddy power. Shakhtar thrashed sivasspor away 3:0 and they also beat them at home 3:1 if my memory is good, who in my opinion would be regarded a better team than club brugge,especially knowing that its quite hard to get positive results in the Turkish soil. Then they had the UEFA super cup against Barcelona, and the game had to go on extra time, and almost to penalties only for the classy pass by Messy to Pedro who scored the winner. In the Ukrainen league, they have played 3 games at home and have recorde 3 wins, and away from home they recorded one win and one draw. Club Brugge to me is just an average team, not to the standards of Shakhtar, they played on sunday at home agianst Genk, and only managed a 1:1 draw. I personally dont have any team news yet, maybe MAHNO have any team team news for Shakhtar. Reminder: Shakhtar are the winners of the Euro Cup for 2008/2009, and as far as i know, they kept all their main players, like the 5 Brazilians: Fernandinho (Med), Jadson (Med), Ilsinho (Med), Luiz Adriano (Att), and Willian (Med), only their main central defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy went to Barcelona. They will be going for a double this year, since they got disqualified from the champions league on a very early stage. Prediction: 3:0 to Shakhtar :hope
Bet of the week Final score 1:4 to Shakhtar :nana

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 goals away from home. Not bad for a side that can't score....:unsure
Haha indeed, especially considering they couldn't score at home to Twente despite playing against 10 men for the majority of the game, they needed their goalkeeper to score in the 95th minute of the reverse leg to equalise and qualify (despite barely creating a clear-cut chance in the whole game), they lost at home to a weak Braga side with a poor manager because they didn't create enough chances and only managed to put one past a very poor Pacos de Ferreira at home. I still think you got lucky with this because Lisbon are terrible (as the fact that they conceded two goals against a mediocre Heerenveen proves) but whatever, a win is a win, so well done. Good luck if you take them away to Porto in a week's time though!! ;)

Cluj vs FC København I've gone for the home side here due to their good form at home. Admittedly, they are not as good as they were a year ago when in the Champions League but should still have enough to see off their opponents. København/Copenhagen will miss a handful of regulars tonight like their goalkeeper Jesper Christiansen, midfielder and skipper Hjalte Bo Nørregaard, expereinced winger Jesper Grønkjær and last, but not least, their Brazilian striker Cesar Santin. This coupled with their recent form in the domestic league, which has not been convincing of late, leads me to the home win here. Edit: I forgot to mention that København have also loaned out Morten Nordstrand to Groningen, which leaves them more or less short of attacking possibilites. In any case I cannot see them scoring more than once in Romania, if at all.
Final score: 2-0 :clap Somehow and quite unexpectedly FCK got Santin fit after all, but what the heck...

You should explain this further. "Nothing spectacular" is not really specific is it?
Not specific but accurate. Wish I had the balls to put some on Twente yest, unfortunately I wasted all my money on Liverpool to win by more than one on wed night..that worked out well..lol..I apologise if my analysis was not expansive enough, which it obviously wasnt, i was in a bit of a rush..I wouldnt mind banking on Twente getting to at least the semi's though, will take a good side to knock them out..

Not specific but accurate. Wish I had the balls to put some on Twente yest' date=' unfortunately I wasted all my money on Liverpool to win by more than one on wed night..that worked out well..lol..I apologise if my analysis was not expansive enough, which it obviously wasnt, i was in a bit of a rush..I wouldnt mind banking on Twente getting to at least the semi's though, will take a good side to knock them out..[/quote'] Well the win yesterday was not convincing at all tbh, but we will see how far they will get in this competition.