** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League 17 September

ultravires

Re: Europa League 17 September

Thanks Xaralas, thats great information. I think your right too though, Everton are favourites but i still think they are vulnerable, i think AEK will fancy themselves against an English team out of form, even though their defence looked OK against Fulham they still lost 2-1 and Distin and Yobo might need more time to gel. I'm going to chance AEK on the away win or draw in a Europa league accumulator - i'll start looking at the other games and tips on here to fill the accumulator.
AEK have only won once in 11 away European fixtures. Everton have not lost a home European fixture since going down 2-1 against Villareal in the Champions League qualifiers of 05/06. Despite Everton's faltering league start, all signs point towards a home win. Odds of 1.60 do appeal to me. If I remember correctly, Last season they started poorly, but were knocked out by Liege early in the UEFA Cup. It all depends whether we see AEK as being as strong as Liege were last season. I remember Liege gave Liverpool a run for their money in the CL. I'd say that because of AEK's awful away record in Europe, Everton are the more likely winners and they should be around 1.40 for the win.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa League 17 September hey fellow punters, new to this forum...been punting for about 7 years on football it can be a struggle if you dont do your studies properly! my picks for the europa liga this week are : hamburg away to beat rapid vienna - this looks like a definite hamburg victory, the german lads are on fire in the league, they will be taking a full strength team to neighbouring austria and with the players wien have at their disposal i cant really see them doing anything againts a superior hamburg outfit. hamburg to win and over 2.5 goals. Dinamo Zagreb to beat Anderlecht at home - the croat champions are back to lethal form, they are undefeated so far this season in the croatian league and walloped hearts at home in their last european fixture, they did lose away to hearts in the return leg but thats the croatian attitude when up 4-0 from first leg they dont seem to care. dinamo will be boasted with the return of former juventus defender and croatian captain robert kovac from injury he is sure to muscle up the defence alongside new argentine signing Cufre who is set to make his debut for dinamo in defence, the electric home crowd in zagreb will be to much for an out of form anderlecht side who have struggled in europe recently. Everton to beat athens at home - i really fancy everton here even though they are coming off a 2-1 loss to fulham at craven cottage, greek teams in england never go home with a point and i just think everton will be to classy for the greek outfit. everton to win comfortable. ill be putting my $500 on those 3 teams. goodluck guys, greetings from sydney!

Just some info about this match. Club Brugge is unbeaten in last 6 matches at home.Shakhtar played Brugge 3 times away and never won any. Shaktra is a bit funny team when play away.They let me down 2 times in a row so i'm not touching them this time.Also price is only @1.95. Here is list of players that went to Belgium: Keepers: Pyatov,Hudzamov Defenders: Kucher,Shevchuk,Levandowski,Rat,Ischenko,Rakickiy MF: Dulaj,Fernandinho,Jadson,Kobin,Gai,Willian,Kravchenko,Srna,Polyanskiy Strikers: Adriano,Gladkiy,Agahowa,Vicenec Hope it helps :ok
Mahno How strong a team will shaktar put out?I have a very good acca waiting on them winning this game and im trying to decide wether to let the bet run or lay them to make some profit? Club brugge have been poor in many/most games this season IMO and a strong shaktar taking the game seriously should win this one hopefully.

Re: Europa League 17 September hey fellow punters, new to this forum...been punting for about 7 years on football it can be a struggle if you dont do your studies properly! my picks for the europa liga this week are : hamburg away to beat rapid vienna - this looks like a definite hamburg victory, the german lads are on fire in the league, they will be taking a full strength team to neighbouring austria and with the players wien have at their disposal i cant really see them doing anything againts a superior hamburg outfit. hamburg to win and over 2.5 goals. Dinamo Zagreb to beat Anderlecht at home - the croat champions are back to lethal form, they are undefeated so far this season in the croatian league and walloped hearts at home in their last european fixture, they did lose away to hearts in the return leg but thats the croatian attitude when up 4-0 from first leg they dont seem to care. dinamo will be boasted with the return of former juventus defender and croatian captain robert kovac from injury he is sure to muscle up the defence alongside new argentine signing Cufre who is set to make his debut for dinamo in defence, the electric home crowd in zagreb will be to much for an out of form anderlecht side who have struggled in europe recently. Everton to beat athens at home - i really fancy everton here even though they are coming off a 2-1 loss to fulham at craven cottage, greek teams in england never go home with a point and i just think everton will be to classy for the greek outfit. everton to win comfortable. ill be putting my $500 on those 3 teams. goodluck guys, greetings from sydney!

Thanks Xaralas, thats great information. I think your right too though, Everton are favourites but i still think they are vulnerable, i think AEK will fancy themselves against an English team out of form, even though their defence looked OK against Fulham they still lost 2-1 and Distin and Yobo might need more time to gel. I'm going to chance AEK on the away win or draw in a Europa league accumulator - i'll start looking at the other games and tips on here to fill the accumulator.
That is unnecessary if you ask me. I don't think AEK DC is a good bet here, it's either Everton or nothing in my book. Even if, best bet on the game is imo the over2.5 @ odds over 1.95...

That is unnecessary if you ask me. I don't think AEK DC is a good bet here' date=' it's either Everton or nothing in my book. Even if, best bet on the game is imo the over2.5 @ odds over 1.95...[/quote'] I know Neville went off with an injury against Fulham but I do not know the extent of it. If he is out that means Heitinga actually gets to start which would be a good thing for Everton, but it would also leave them pretty short with substitute defenders Eeverton looks good to win imo, Yakubu will most likely be back in the starting lineup

I know Neville went off with an injury against Fulham but I do not know the extent of it. If he is out that means Heitinga actually gets to start which would be a good thing for Everton, but it would also leave them pretty short with substitute defenders Eeverton looks good to win imo, Yakubu will most likely be back in the starting lineup
Neville's going to be out for a few weeks at least. I think it may be a blessing in disguise, as I think he's been getting a bit of stick lately from some Everton supporters. It will probably give him time to get back to full form.

Re: Europa League 17 September Fenerbahce look a strong bet at home against Twente.Fener have a UCL team this season,and are no doubt one of the best teams in Europa League,I think they will finish top of there group. Twente on the other hand have big,strong players and a notoriusly unimaginative coach,I rate them as the 5th or 6th team in Holland. A very good Fener team + a great athmosphere at the ŞÃœKRÃœ SARAÇOĞLU + fans and board expectations of european succes + a mediocre dutch side = Fenerbahce home win Of course no bet on a turkish team is ok without Zico1907's blessing so waiting on a :ok from the sultan of punts himself :lol

Re: Europa League 17 September Why havnt valencia been mentioned yet??? Surely at 13/10 they represent great value. They have made a strong start in la liga and are playing good football Same goes for hamburg and Genoa Im thinkin a treble of Valencia, Genoa and Hamburg

Fenerbahce look a strong bet at home against Twente.Fener have a UCL team this season,and are no doubt one of the best teams in Europa League,I think they will finish top of there group. Twente on the other hand have big,strong players and a notoriusly unimaginative coach,I rate them as the 5th or 6th team in Holland. A very good Fener team + a great athmosphere at the ŞÜKRÜ SARAÇOĞLU + fans and board expectations of european succes + a mediocre dutch side = Fenerbahce home win Of course no bet on a turkish team is ok without Zico1907's blessing so waiting on a :ok from the sultan of punts himself :lol
Sounds like a supporter's point of view more than a punters to me. Fenerbahce has a good team but no way they're CL level, not even one of the best teams of Europa League. They still struggle against above average domestic teams like Bursaspor or Manisaspor and they need time to find their rythm. Moreover, it's a fact that they're taking domestic success more seriously than continental one as appointment of Daum and chairman Yildirim's famous speech of 'three titles in three years' shows clearly. On the other hand Twente is not a 'mediocre dutch side' for some time, i advice you to play FM 2009 instead of 2006 :dude

Fenerbahce look a strong bet at home against Twente.Fener have a UCL team this season,and are no doubt one of the best teams in Europa League,I think they will finish top of there group. Twente on the other hand have big,strong players and a notoriusly unimaginative coach,I rate them as the 5th or 6th team in Holland. A very good Fener team + a great athmosphere at the ŞÃœKRÃœ SARAÇOĞLU + fans and board expectations of european succes + a mediocre dutch side = Fenerbahce home win Of course no bet on a turkish team is ok without Zico1907's blessing so waiting on a :ok from the sultan of punts himself :lol
:lol Well we are able to use Emre again, whom we can not use for three matches in league due to red card. A lot changed in the team, although you will see most players from last year still playing for us. But the coach changed, fitting transfers were made and as Aziz Yildirim wanted "a 90 minute fighting team (especially midfield)" was created. However, we still need some time to be rated very good in my opinion. Of course we did do great steps, started with an amazing 5 wins out of 5 matches including difficult matches as against Sivasspor and Bursaspor away last weekend. I do not know much about Twente, since I don't follow that league too much. The only thing I know there are some goals involved in their matches usually. Will this mean we will see a high scoring match? Yes and No. Bursaspor match showed that there can be low scoring matches for us as well. At the end our coach Daum wants to see three points only. He adapts the team tactic to the oppenent, from what I read the scout who observed Twente rated them as "dangerous" in regards of counter attacking. Here we could have some problems with Bilica and Lugano, who are not the fastest center backs. They play a 4-3-3, from time to time switching it to a 4-5-1. Quality wise we do not have to hide, but this match will be the first real test to show were the team stands at the moment. Daum said it quite nice today: "Twente sometimes attacks with 5-6 guys, and at the next moment defend with the whole team. They have a good mixture of young guys and always stick to their system what ever the score is. We can even lead 2:0 very fast, they will keep sticking to the things they practice and make pressure. Here sits the key, we need to play this match for 90 minutes as if the score is 0:0 all the time." My heart says, Fenerbahce will start good and win. Betting wise I would stick to both teams to score. Expecting Fenerbahce to make pressure and score, but also concede a goal after a counter attack. My bet: Both teams to score 6/10 @1.8 (paddy) Good luck everyone :ok

Why havnt valencia been mentioned yet??? Surely at 13/10 they represent great value. They have made a strong start in la liga and are playing good football Same goes for hamburg and Genoa Im thinkin a treble of Valencia, Genoa and Hamburg
Maybe if you gave some reasoning as to why you think these teams will win then some people will give their views?:ok

Sounds like a supporter's point of view more than a punters to me. Fenerbahce has a good team but no way they're CL level, not even one of the best teams of Europa League. They still struggle against above average domestic teams like Bursaspor or Manisaspor and they need time to find their rythm. Moreover, it's a fact that they're taking domestic success more seriously than continental one as appointment of Daum and chairman Yildirim's famous speech of 'three titles in three years' shows clearly. On the other hand Twente is not a 'mediocre dutch side' for some time, i advice you to play FM 2009 instead of 2006 :dude
I'm romanian so no I'm not a Fenerbahce supporter,but the difference of class between the two teams is enormous.I have no problem with Twente,but I've seen them play and I have seen Fenerbahce play...and that's enough said ;)

Re: Europa League 17 September I'm a bit surprised with all the people thinking of taking Hamburg away to Rapid Vienna. Have none of you watched Rapid Vienna lately?! They've not been as good as they are now for years. True, they've lost Maierhofer, which is a blow, but they're a good outfit and hard to play against. They've played three games at home in qualifiers and won all of them, two against weaker opposition, one against better opposition (Aston Villa). In fact, Rapid Vienna could and probably should have beaten Villa away as well but luck prevented this - just luck! Hamburg really don't look the same without Martin Jol anymore. True, they've got some good results in the Bundesliga this season. However, they've lost Guerrero through cruciate ligament injury for some time too, don't forget. Have they really been tested in Europe yet though? Not really. They've played a French Ligue 2 side and understandably walked both legs and have also played Randers of Denmark, winning the away leg and mystically losing the home leg. Hamburg are anything but a sure bet here with their somewhat unpredictable performances and German sides are some of the worst to depend upon in European competition. Lastly, Austrian sides will always be extra motivated against German sides for obvious reasons. Personally, I'd consider laying Hamburg rather than backing them. Good luck all.

Re: Europa League 17 September I am struggling to see much value in this round.The problem is really knowing how seriously teams will take the competition.Too many teams did not take the uefa cup seriously and with their being more games in the new europa league i think most "bigger" clubs will probably play younger/reserve players in a lot of the games. IF teams take it seriously then there may well be some decent prices about but i just don't trust a lot of the teams to put 100% into it.

I'm a bit surprised with all the people thinking of taking Hamburg away to Rapid Vienna. Have none of you watched Rapid Vienna lately?! They've not been as good as they are now for years. True, they've lost Maierhofer, which is a blow, but they're a good outfit and hard to play against. They've played three games at home in qualifiers and won all of them, two against weaker opposition, one against better opposition (Aston Villa). In fact, Rapid Vienna could and probably should have beaten Villa away as well but luck prevented this - just luck! Hamburg really don't look the same without Martin Jol anymore. True, they've got some good results in the Bundesliga this season. However, they've lost Guerrero through cruciate ligament injury for some time too, don't forget. Have they really been tested in Europe yet though? Not really. They've played a French Ligue 2 side and understandably walked both legs and have also played Randers of Denmark, winning the away leg and mystically losing the home leg. Hamburg are anything but a sure bet here with their somewhat unpredictable performances and German sides are some of the worst to depend upon in European competition. Lastly, Austrian sides will always be extra motivated against German sides for obvious reasons. Personally, I'd consider laying Hamburg rather than backing them. Good luck all.
happy to see such a nice comment:clap:cheers

Re: Europa League 17 September From Teamtalk: ''Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will make nine changes for Thursday night's Europa League Group E clash against CSKA Sofia (kick-off 6pm). Only goalkeeper David Stockdale and defender John Pantsil survive from the starting line-up that defeated Everton 2-1 in the Premier League on Sunday. First-team regulars Danny Murphy, Clint Dempsey, Paul Konchesky, Damien Duff and Mark Schwarzer are in the treatment room but are expected to return for Sunday's clash with Wolves. Hodgson has opted to rest the likes of Andrew Johnson, Bobby Zamora and Brede Hangeland and will call on first-team fringe players such as Erik Nevland and Bjorn Helge Riise. Fulham (from): Zuberbuhler, Stockdale, Stoor, Pantsil, Kelly, Baird, Smalling, Andranik, Riise, Davies, Greening, Nevland, Kamara, Seol, E Johnson, Elm, Dikgacoi.'' Any info on CSKA (1.95)?

From Teamtalk: ''Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will make nine changes for Thursday night's Europa League Group E clash against CSKA Sofia (kick-off 6pm). Only goalkeeper David Stockdale and defender John Pantsil survive from the starting line-up that defeated Everton 2-1 in the Premier League on Sunday. First-team regulars Danny Murphy, Clint Dempsey, Paul Konchesky, Damien Duff and Mark Schwarzer are in the treatment room but are expected to return for Sunday's clash with Wolves. Hodgson has opted to rest the likes of Andrew Johnson, Bobby Zamora and Brede Hangeland and will call on first-team fringe players such as Erik Nevland and Bjorn Helge Riise. Fulham (from): Zuberbuhler, Stockdale, Stoor, Pantsil, Kelly, Baird, Smalling, Andranik, Riise, Davies, Greening, Nevland, Kamara, Seol, E Johnson, Elm, Dikgacoi.'' Any info on CSKA (1.95)?
Regardless, even with their first team, I think they'd struggle away from home. Fulham aren't really set up for European football yet, and I think if all those players are out, I'd give them less than 20% chance of winning. Mainly because it is away from home. But, Murphy, Konchesky, Zamora, Johnson, Dempsey, Duff....Schwarzer....They are all critical players for Fulham right now.

I am struggling to see much value in this round.The problem is really knowing how seriously teams will take the competition.Too many teams did not take the uefa cup seriously and with their being more games in the new europa league i think most "bigger" clubs will probably play younger/reserve players in a lot of the games. IF teams take it seriously then there may well be some decent prices about but i just don't trust a lot of the teams to put 100% into it.
:ok Have to wait until we see the team sheets :)

Mahno How strong a team will shaktar put out?I have a very good acca waiting on them winning this game and im trying to decide wether to let the bet run or lay them to make some profit? Club brugge have been poor in many/most games this season IMO and a strong shaktar taking the game seriously should win this one hopefully.
I don't know mate.Lucesku says they want to win it...Srna sad they don't even think about the draw and want to finish first in group.So they are confident enough i would say.Also price on Shakhtar droped from 1.95 to 1.80.In theory they shoud win it but again is said the same last time whne they finished 0-0 :lol GL to you anyway :ok

Re: Europa League 17 September The only match i recommend to anyone at the moment is Ajax at home to Timisoara. Dutch teams usual take this cup seriously like Ajax did last year and they should make light work of a rather poor extremly defensive average romanian side which from the looks of things against Stuttgart don't look a threat at all.

From Teamtalk: ''Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will make nine changes for Thursday night's Europa League Group E clash against CSKA Sofia (kick-off 6pm). Only goalkeeper David Stockdale and defender John Pantsil survive from the starting line-up that defeated Everton 2-1 in the Premier League on Sunday. First-team regulars Danny Murphy, Clint Dempsey, Paul Konchesky, Damien Duff and Mark Schwarzer are in the treatment room but are expected to return for Sunday's clash with Wolves. Hodgson has opted to rest the likes of Andrew Johnson, Bobby Zamora and Brede Hangeland and will call on first-team fringe players such as Erik Nevland and Bjorn Helge Riise. Fulham (from): Zuberbuhler, Stockdale, Stoor, Pantsil, Kelly, Baird, Smalling, Andranik, Riise, Davies, Greening, Nevland, Kamara, Seol, E Johnson, Elm, Dikgacoi.'' Any info on CSKA (1.95)?
It's at 2.80 on Bet365 :loon Sofia as i could see from the last round victory vs Dinamo moscow are going to go all out to beat Fulham, since it's a EPL side they will be more than fired up. Wouldn't bet high stakes but make sure you back them with low, or maybe if your confident medium stakes :)

Why havnt valencia been mentioned yet??? Surely at 13/10 they represent great value. They have made a strong start in la liga and are playing good football Same goes for hamburg and Genoa Im thinkin a treble of Valencia, Genoa and Hamburg
I'm a big fan of Spanish football and try to watch it as much as i can. I have watched both of Valencias games this season, against Sevilla and Valladolid, where they won 2-0 and 4-2 respectively and they were very impressive in both! I initially looked at this bet and agreed with you that this was a banker with great odds. However Unai Emery has come out and said he is going to make changes for this game, with the most noticeable being David Silva being left out of the squad. Alexis who also started against Vallodolid has also been left out. Unai Emery thinks that changes must be made with 3 games in a week and from the sounds of it believes the League is much more important. Valencia do have a very good squad and the likes of Villa and Mata still might play, but the fact that changes will be made means this game is no longer the banker first thought. Valencia still might nick this but i personally will be staying away from it.

I'm a bit surprised with all the people thinking of taking Hamburg away to Rapid Vienna. Have none of you watched Rapid Vienna lately?! They've not been as good as they are now for years. True' date=' they've lost Maierhofer, which is a blow, but they're a good outfit and hard to play against. They've played three games at home in qualifiers and won all of them, two against weaker opposition, one against better opposition (Aston Villa). In fact, Rapid Vienna could and probably should have beaten Villa away as well but luck prevented this - just luck! [/quote'] Let this stand as it is, I cannot rate them and you seem to follow them so I will believe you here. :ok Hang on, some big jumps your doing here. First of all, they had problems with Martin Jol too and at the moment they are at least doing similary good. At the beginning of the season they started with a bad DFB-Cup performance which let people being sceptical about Hamburg with Labbadia (who was not successful enough in Leverkusen). But the more matches they played, the better they got winning against Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Stuttgart - which is deffo not an easy starting plan in Bundesliga. I rate those clubs higher than the clubs Rapid Wien head in Europe League and that Aston Villa does not care much about Europe League is a well known fact (not even speaking about their overall bad start into 2009/2010 season). The injury of Guerrero of course hit them, but I would not overrate it really since new guys like Ze Roberto, Elia and Berg add a lot of goal danger for Hamburg. As far as I know Hamburg has a clear aim to finish the group stage on a good position. In general German teams are always motivated and the only unpredictable performance of Hamburg was at the very beginning of the season. You can turn this around, German teams always like to destroy Austrian sides. Despite all this, I agree that there is not much value sitting on Hamburg. Away from home with those low odds (max 1.75 now - they were priced EVENS at some bookies which is an acceptable price) backing does not makes a lot of sense. Would have backed them at Evens though.

The only match i recommend to anyone at the moment is Ajax at home to Timisoara. Dutch teams usual take this cup seriously like Ajax did last year and they should make light work of a rather poor extremly defensive average romanian side which from the looks of things against Stuttgart don't look a threat at all.
Didn't they knock Shakhtar Donetsk out of the CL qualifiers? Offputting! :)

Re: Europa League 17 September Minimum stakes as one does not really know who is REALLY taking this competition seriously but based on my assumption and previous games I fancy the following to win on wednesday: Dinamo Z - Watched them against Hearts at home (won 4 - 0 ) and thought they looked quite handy, intimidating venue, combined with the fact that last time out Anderlect looked poor ( lost 4 - 0 to a good Lyon side away and should have been more ) and have been generally been poor travelers for the last few seasons, I believe home win is very strong possibilities. The fact that Fulham have dropped most of their first team has to make me feel there is value in cska, I will wait on their team news but fulham are a mid table english team who excelled last season with their full team, surely their 2nd string will not trouble Cska. Interest bets only but these would be my fancies, Good luck