** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds

Apologies for being so eager and I hoped this doesn't get mixed up with the thread for today, but I aren't gonna have many opportunities to post on here before tomorrow so boshing out the bulk of the write ups now with a view to posting up prices later. 1.45 York Rather than a dash we've got a 1m 4f handicap to kick off proceedings tomorrow. Sir Michael Stoute's Class Is Class is the tissue favourite at 5/2 and is an unexposed son of Montjeu that finished third to the useful Firebet last time out on his handicap debut. He is likely to be there or thereabouts at the finish but I feel he is too short in the market for a three year old up against elders and I am passing over. Topolski is interesting as he has improved for the step up to trip since handicapping, but I feel this bottom weight, ridden by John Egan, may be on pacemaking duties a little here, to try set the race up for stablemate Yes Mr President, who also goes from a lowish draw. Joe Fanning's mount landed a small field handicap off 80 at Goodwood earlier in the season and although 10 lbs higher for this, has held his form well, finishing second to Aaim to Prosper at Ascot when last seen. Although dropped back in trip, I think its within his compass, and for Mark Johnston he is one of my bets. I think Montbretia is a couple of pounds too high in the handicap and that Boz is better on the all-weather so Seeking The Buck from the Ralph Beckett yard is my second pick. The gelding only had one race at four but has returned to racing in great spirits this season, winning races at Newmarket and Epsom and seeing his mark shoot up 21 lbs since the start of the season. However, he is only 4 lbs higher than his last win and a staying on fourth behind Sirvino in the John Smith's Cup here last time out suggests to me that this step up in trip is warranted. I'll take the pair each-way.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 3.25 York - Ebor Handicap I wrote a write up for this race in my flat thread last night and one of the selections, Munsef, was pulled out of the race this morning (lame). My bet hasn't been settled but I assume that the stake will not be returned for that one as I beleive it would have been placed on ante-post terms, however, every cloud has a silver lining, as that withdrawal has allowed my each-way bet Precision Break into the race. I wasnt sure whether Paul Cole's colt was better on the all-weather than turf but he ran a stormer at Goodwood behind Manyriverstocross last time out and even though he is up a couple of pounds in the handicap, I like him from a low draw. However, my main bet in the race is Warringah. He will want to hit the front early so on this left handed track his draw is ideal and I feel he will get an easier time upfront than he was allowed on his last visit to the Knavesmire, when he, along with several other front runners, set the race nicely up for Hits Only Vic (who reopposes here). He has gone up in the weights since but showed last time out at Goodwood that he is still improving and with Ryan Moore in the saddle, he is a must bet for me. My other selection in the race is little more than a saver and one I am backing more through loyalty than anything - Sesenta. I think Willie Mullins' dual purpose mare is a credit to her connections, and she came close for me in a staying event at Royal Ascot, so at the price I've had a little dabble. Warringah 8/1 Paddypower, 10 pt EW (4 places, 1/4 odds) Sesenta 20/1 Bet 365, 2.5 pt win Precision Break 16/1 Lads, 2.5 pt EW (4 places, 1/4 odds) Munsef 18/1 Bet >365, 2.5 pt win = NON RUNNER

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 4.40 York This isn't as strong as the other handicaps on the card and is reserved for fillies only, however, there is still quality in the line up as you would expect for a race at York and Shamwari Lodge may gain compensation for a near miss behind Suroor at Goodwood last time out. Richard Hannon's charge was off the mark off 86 on her handicap debut over six furlongs but has taken a step up to seven furlongs in her stride and shapes as if she'd get a mile too. She was denied a clear run last time out and took second late in the day, so over this extended trip she is my main bet, even if up 1 lb from that day. Vitoria is also open to further improvement and although trainer Bryan Smart is out of form, his charge is another that has hinted she wanted further than seven furlongs. It has taken her a couple of runs this season to find her feet but the form of her last time out second to Pyrrha has been franked by the winner and off the same mark here she could go close.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 1:45 York: Montbretia 2pts win 16/1 Bet365 (Bog) Montbretia is lightly raced and has scope to progress over this mile and a half trip. Finished lame last time at Haydock, so has not raced since the 30th May. But with Henry Cecil she is unlikely to be lacking fitness today. Worth a chance at these odds.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 3:25 York: Hits Only Vic 2pts win 20/1 Totesport Hits Only Vic is one of those horses that seems to get better and better. Last time out over course and distance and similar going he overcame some trouble in running to get the benefit of a photo over Warringah, who next time out went on to just miss out in a Group 3 at Goodwood. That form looks rock solid and although he has to produce even more off a four pound higher mark here - he just might. Warringah reopposes here but I'll stick with Hits Only Vic.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 16.05 York - Nosedive. I take Nosedive to win this one. William Haggas' colt was impressive on debut when winning a maiden at Sandown four starts back and went on to finish 4th at Ascot next time out over 5f in a race won by Radiohead. It was a very eyecatching performance, he was held up at the start but made some good headway around 2f he then went on to get hampered which ruined his chances. He still managed to run on in the final furlong but his chance had gone. He hasn't been able to make his mark on his two races since but they were over 6f which I don't think suit this horse. He's back to 5f today which is definitely a positive as is him running back on quicker ground. Ryan Moore is on-board and I expect this one to go close. 9/1 Stan James.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 13.45 York - Seeking The Buck Was on this horse LTO when it was a very respectable 4/18 at York last month. Beaten by the very impressive Sirvinho. This was over a shorter trip but this horse has hinted that a step up in trip would suit him when staying on well in several races over 10 furlongs. Has previously run once over 12 furlongs where he finished 2nd so the trip should not be a problem. Is only 4lbs higher than his last win so he should still be competitive off this mark. 1 pt win @ 9/1 @ WillHill (BOG)

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 15.25 York - Warringah Took me a while but fianlly got this race down to the 1 pick despite sitting for about an hour chopping and changing so I just hope it pays off. Warringah has had a very consistent season despite only running 4 races, his form reads 0122. His last two races have been in a Class 1 Listed race over the course and distance where he was beaten by a short head to Hits Only Vic who reopposes today. Both are up 4lbs for that but I think Warringah can reverse the form since he ran a creditable second in a Class 1 Group 3 race LTO off the same mark which it is due to run off of today. 1 pt win @ 8/1 @ WillHill (BOG)

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds Two small e/w on big outsiders for me today. 1.45 BUCKED OFF having first run for new trainer who had a big winner the other day with a similar horse worth a few bob e/w incase he repeats the trick 40/1 but triple that on BF. In the 3.25 there is a few Irish trained runners going to post and i will plump for SIBERIAN TIGER trainer had a runner here yesterday it ran well enough and interesting booking here with the inform Jimmy Fortune on top. 4o/1 but double that on BF.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds York 2.50 - Gimcrack Stakes I couldn't take 7-4 about Monsieur Chevalier in a field like this when rivals have been trained specifically for this race, have already improved on their first run and have an unexposed look about them. Taajub is interesting at around 16-1, won last time out for R Hills when going off as odds on fav, given a short break since then and trainer is in decent enough form, many of his horses placing recently with a few winners. The other one at a decent price is Mr David, Spencer rides for Meehan and he was on it last time out when he adopted to track the leaders and was running on well at the end of the race, another that was fav that day and it's around 12-1 today. There are 3 unfancied runners at 50-1, 50-1 and 25-1 leaving this to look like a 5 horse race. The other 3 rivals are 7-4, 11-4 and 11-4 and I think there is sense in taking these 2 bigger priced horses that can possibly improve again and get involved in the finish. 10pts WIN - Taajub 16-1 W Hill 10pts WIN - Mr David 12-1 PPower

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds York 4.05 I put Nosedive down as one to follow based on two races over 5f, winning its debut at Sandown and then finishing 4th at Ascot after being short of room and losing momentum but still finishing with a decent run. Its last 2 races have been over 6f but in G2 company, it drops to listed today. Ryan Morre has ridden it every time and keeps the ride today back down over 5f which seems more suitable as it has faded away in the final furlong over 6f. Ground will be no problem, I think the track will suit and 9-1 looks a big price for what could effectively be a very decent group horse running in a listed race. 10pts WIN Nosedive 9-1 Bet365

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 3:25York: Nanton50/1 BetFred The ususal puzzle for this great old race. Many obviously with chances but I think this has as good a chance as most and Fred I think is being generous at 50/1. Tipped this before when it just (well 2 1/2 lengths)got beaten into second in a decent race at Haydock - with a Stoue favourite behind. Think the Stoute runner will be a big factor here too - even with its lumpy top weight - but 50/1 on the selection sets the eyes twinkling

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 14.50 York - Orpen Grey. It wouldn't surprise me to see Monsieur Chevalier winning this one but I'm going to go for Orpen Grey. He has been very impressive of late over 6f, he won at Salibury with an awesome performance two starts back and then went on to finish a close second to Arcano at Newmarket. Alot of people will think his front running tactics could set this one up for Monsieur Chevalier but I think if Orpen Grey can get to the front and put in a powerful front-running ride he will take some catching. I don't think Showcasing is as good as these two and his odds are very short for how much of a chance he has in this one. Despite him being open for even more improvement I think he should find the two mentioned above too good today. The ground shouldn't be a problem for the selection and I take him to go on and win this one. 3/1 SportingBet.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 1.45 Resplendent Light lines up here todays on the same mark of 87 as LTO at Pontefract. Was a beaten FAV that day behind the improving High Ambition giving him a stone in weight to record his second win in a month, High Ambition was then raised 4lb NTO and subsequently beat by 3/4l into third. Going is ideal and this is his trip could be in there today.:ok E/W @ 12/1 hills 3.25 Mark Johnstons Record Breaker could be one to watch out for here imo, stable have been in sparkling form this season and sending this horse to York he should be suited to a Galloping track. As far as form goes he ran 1.25l 2nd in the Duke of Edinburgh stakes at Ascot in June off todays mark of 98 when staying on well to just miss out and I believe if he can be a bit closer in the finish he could get up and get his head in front. Jockey has a good relationship with him, going and trip will suit.:ok E/W @ 33/1 paddy power 4.40 Charlottes Point was disappointing LTO running third at Kempton(AW) off todays mark of 85 and on soft going before that, but i'm willing to dismiss them runs on the basis I think shes open to more improvment running back on good/firm turf were her best efforts seem to be saved for.:ok E/W @ 16/1 paddy power

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 2.50 Orpen Grey looks to have done nothing wrong when running 2nd to Arcano in the July Stakes (G2) by 3/4l and is proven over 6f and although Monsieur Chevalier looks a class horse and shaping up like he'll get the 6f imo he might get found out on his first attempt against a few who've already won at this trip this could be wide open but i'll go for Tom Dascombes charge.:ok Win @ 11/4 paddy power

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 4.40 Burgundy Ice is a tetative pick although there is plenty of money around for it today, has only the 1 ride to base on this season, 2nd to Romany princess at Sandown over a mile off OR 80, raised 3lb today but the form of the stable has to be taken into account & also Dettori's record here. 5/2 Paddy power

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds

Good win from Whispering Gallery but i thought Ryan Moore could have given Class Is Class a much better chance.
Bit of a trend this meeting horses stealing a march in the final couple of furlongs they cant reel em in! WG won well though think CiC a bit short being a Stoute horse.

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds Good steering job from Murtagh to find the gaps and switch from the rails to the outside but the winner came from nowhere with an absolutely storming run. Thought Warringah had held on but got ambushed.

3.25 York - Ebor Handicap I wrote a write up for this race in my flat thread last night and one of the selections, Munsef, was pulled out of the race this morning (lame). My bet hasn't been settled but I assume that the stake will not be returned for that one as I beleive it would have been placed on ante-post terms, however, every cloud has a silver lining, as that withdrawal has allowed my each-way bet Precision Break into the race. I wasnt sure whether Paul Cole's colt was better on the all-weather than turf but he ran a stormer at Goodwood behind Manyriverstocross last time out and even though he is up a couple of pounds in the handicap, I like him from a low draw. However, my main bet in the race is Warringah. He will want to hit the front early so on this left handed track his draw is ideal and I feel he will get an easier time upfront than he was allowed on his last visit to the Knavesmire, when he, along with several other front runners, set the race nicely up for Hits Only Vic (who reopposes here). He has gone up in the weights since but showed last time out at Goodwood that he is still improving and with Ryan Moore in the saddle, he is a must bet for me. My other selection in the race is little more than a saver and one I am backing more through loyalty than anything - Sesenta. I think Willie Mullins' dual purpose mare is a credit to her connections, and she came close for me in a staying event at Royal Ascot, so at the price I've had a little dabble. Warringah 8/1 Paddypower, 10 pt EW (4 places, 1/4 odds) Sesenta 20/1 Bet 365, 2.5 pt win Precision Break 16/1 Lads, 2.5 pt EW (4 places, 1/4 odds) Munsef 18/1 Bet >365, 2.5 pt win = NON RUNNER
Nice call again Frinton

3:25York: Nanton50/1 BetFred The ususal puzzle for this great old race. Many obviously with chances but I think this has as good a chance as most and Fred I think is being generous at 50/1. Tipped this before when it just (well 2 1/2 lengths)got beaten into second in a decent race at Haydock - with a Stoue favourite behind. Think the Stoute runner will be a big factor here too - even with its lumpy top weight - but 50/1 on the selection sets the eyes twinkling
This deserves a big up as well nice call

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds 16.40 York - Shamwari Lodge Backed her last time out so thats my main reason for this bet. Thought she was terribly unlucky not to win as she couldn't get a clear run when she needed it, when she finally did get out she ran on strongly to finish 2nd. Not sure if the step up in trip will suit today but as mentioned she did stay on well over 7 furlongs LTO so going on that I am fairly confident the trip will be fine. 2 pts win @ 7/2 @ VC (BOG)

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds Great stuff lads:clap Changingoftheguard unlucky? Yes or no, I don't care....at last, he gets his just desserts:lol. Bloody sick of him filling races with all his horses, trying to block off and upset the class horses in the field. I hate that tactic and hate his attitude so, if all other 20 or so runners blocked this one, I'd be the one happy about it. What goes around, comes around:nana

Re: York Ebor Meeting Day Two - Weds Well done all the winners today, some cracking stuff once again! I finally have a winner at the meeting, shame I didn't have it in my personal thread as well but never mind, glad to have had something on it. Here's to another good day tomorrow :)

Great stuff lads:clap Changingoftheguard unlucky? Yes or no, I don't care....at last, he gets his just desserts:lol. Bloody sick of him filling races with all his horses, trying to block off and upset the class horses in the field. I hate that tactic and hate his attitude so, if all other 20 or so runners blocked this one, I'd be the one happy about it. What goes around, comes around:nana
What are you talking about? Sounds like bitter talk to me against quite clearly the best trainer in the world by a long shot. :ok

What are you talking about? Sounds like bitter talk to me against quite clearly the best trainer in the world by a long shot. :ok
As I've made clear on here before, JJ, I just don't like the guy. No sympathy from me.