** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best bet of the day 7th Aug

4.00 Brighton Don pele, im a big fan of desperate dan but looks to heavily handicapped today so gonna oppose him with don pele, has recently showed a glimmer of light to a return to form and looks on a super low mark on previous form, can also cope with any cut that might come in the ground is also drawn extremely well in stall 16 0.5pt e/w don pele

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 2:40 @ Lingfield - Cayman Sky - 0.5pt E/W This young gelding started off handicapping rated 70 and has slipped down to a mark of 64, without ever having run what I feel is its optimum trip. Is dropped back to the 1m 3f today and I think it will go on this ground. Useful claimer taking 7lb off which means its amongst the bottomweights in reality and I think has found an opportunity to get in amongst the money. Likes to be just in behind the leaders but will have no probs front-running if none of these want to take it up, and could just be allowed to run his race for us here.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 3:10 Lingfield - Vinces - Lay 9/2 is a decent lay price. This horse frequently travels like a dream but finds little when push comes to shove. The fave, love in the park, is in good form at the moment and will take all the beating, and at lease 2 more dangers exist. 9/2 is definitely a nice lay price on vinces 1pt lay

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug Brighton 5.00pm Penang Cinta 1pt lay The market for backers is given a plus by the NR in Rough Sketch who i counted in as one of the runners to win this race,but the race for me still holds at least another 2 that form stands out against the lay. The odds at the off i hope stay under 3.00s as the money will flood into this lay as the early price is short and may get shorter.Form has been very good of late but this is horse racing and good form can go within a few races and today it is the start of this cycle,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 250 Worcester : Converti EW 94 Dinarius, 89 Converti, 84 Kings Alchemist Couldnt believe the meeting missed all the rain and survives, it will quickly turn soft if they get any at all before off time so may be tread a little carefully. The fav is the Donald McCain bumper horse Major Payne which complicates things, he has such a good track record with these horses you just cant ignore them, anyway we cant rate what hasnt run so Dinarius is best in at the weights with the top two carrying penalties, Dinarius let us down at Stratford last time when pulling like a train out in front and having nothing left at the end, clearly has ability. Converti has a 10lb claimer on to off load the penalty and always runs his race and must be therabouts for a place, Kings Alchemist was a bit disappointing in recent races and i'm not sure the horse loves this game.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug Worcester 4:20. Two Miles West. 1 point LAY It may be worth opposing Mccoy on the favourite here. He won pretty comfortably last time, but the value of that form has some question marks. The horse had been chasing unsuccessfully for some while, and when returned to hurdling was virtually thrown in at a weight much lower than he had won on a couple of years earlier. He gets a 7 lbs penalty for that success, and whilst still on a lower mark than that previous win, I feel that could be sufficient to make the difference. To me, this seems a rather more competitive race than his last one, and at the current low price there is value in believing one of a number of useful handicappers will find the form to beat him.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug Haydock 20.30 Solas Alain comes into this still a maiden, with five third places to his name and three of them coming on the bounce. Now down to a career low mark 63 I believe he can go well here having had a couple of good runs at todays distance and on the going looks like hes found a race he can win.:ok 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 7-15 newmarket-black rain-e/way this is a tricky race but i think my selection as a very good chance here spencer who i know a lot of people dont like is back on top for the first time since winning on him in is maiden 2 seasons ago,black rain takes a drop in class for this shrewd yard and i can see him going off shorter than the 10/1 which is a fair price

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 7.50 Newmarket: Prince Siegfried WIN Highest rated of these, stable in fine form just now and with conditions looking ideal everything is in place for a big run. Biggest threat will come from the Cecil horse but my money's on Prince Siegfried.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 8.00 Haydock Aldaado was successful in first two starts in handicaps winnning at beverley and then again at hamilton was 5th last time out but i feel he could go well here tonight and worth taking a chance on.:hope:hope 1pt WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 4.10 Lingfield - Precious Coral (LAY) This filly makes her debut on the AW. When previously trialled on turf she was beaten by 16.5L, 13L and 14L over this distance and 7f. As for the competition - Rescent was beaten by a head and Ramamara ran decently on debut. Both are definitely open to improvement, and Precious Coral will need to show marked improvement or take to AW like a duck to water to have a shot at winning this. Available @ 4.2

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 7.35 Musselburgh Rothesay Dancer has been underestimated by the bookmakers here and the Lujain mare can plunder the prize for Jim Goldie. She hasn't always had the race run to suit in recent starts and although a career best is needed to win this, she is a likeable mare that is only 3 lbs higher than her latest win, she's a multiple winner over this trip and will be picking them off late under Kelly Harrison. EW.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 7.35 Musselburgh 'Le Toreador' Easily the best form on offer, beaten only 2 lengths by Blue Jack in an ultra competitive sprint at Goodwood last time out, repeat that, win this. Amy Ryan proving a very capable pilot and claiming, leads from gate to post. The money going down and price tumbling just convinces me more. Hypnosis could be a danger, but if last time out form is repeated nothing should touch the Kevin Ryan horse.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug Precious Coral is NR Have to change it to Desert Streak (5.10 Lingfield). Big things are obviously expected from this colt in the future and he is fairly well supported in the market. Lightly raced and not showed any real form to date. His last outing over a much longer trip was a total flop. On his form at the shorter distances he was beaten fairly soundly. I would look to Vamos to win this one, returning to his favoured surface and with many respectable ever-so-close efforts thus far.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug

7.35 Musselburgh 'Le Toreador' Easily the best form on offer, beaten only 2 lengths by Blue Jack in an ultra competitive sprint at Goodwood last time out, repeat that, win this. Amy Ryan proving a very capable pilot and claiming, leads from gate to post. The money going down and price tumbling just convinces me more. Hypnosis could be a danger, but if last time out form is repeated nothing should touch the Kevin Ryan horse.
For what its worth, I think Le Toreador has a good chance if he is allowed an easy lead, but I'm not so sure he's gonna get that here to be honest. Especially not with Nickel Silver running. I don't think this race is as clear cut as you imply, but good luck with the bet.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug N6.45 Keen Bidder 0.5pt E/W There's a lot more fashionable stables represented here than this horses trainer and I think there's no way it would be as big as 8/1 otherwise. Won over c&d last time out beating a gambled on horse of Tom Dascombes fair and square despite starting slowly. That horse has since gone on to finish a close up 5th in a big field class 2 event (beaten less than 1.5 lengths). Dashing Doc was also behind in 4th in the race won by Keen Bidder and that horse reopposes today so the form looks solid enough.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug Sorry first was a non runner: 7.15 Newmarket Everaad had been struggling over a mile since winning off a mark of 60 has since been tried over 1m2f last 2 time outs and have shown some promise again, is dropped a further 1lb and is back down to 64 tonight, can cope with some cut but not too much 0.5pt e/w everaad

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 6.45 Newmarket Clarietta 1pt win She won last time out, showing plenty of improvment from her first run. She's the only one in the field with a group entry and could be better than her OR of 77 suggests and should be capable of improving again today. J Dunlop has 2 wins / 8 placed from his last 20 runners here at Newmarket.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug SEVENTH CAVALRY 7.15 Newmarket. 0.5 points each way. Nota win machine, but should get the race run to suit, and therefore should be capable of going close. The ground appears to be fine and so I expect him to be in the frame at least.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug Newmarket 20:20 - Belle des Airs 1pt win George Baker comes to Newmarket for just the one ride on Belle des Airs, the selection has finished 2nd on her last two runs, she steps back down to 6f where her only win has came over, should enjoy a bit of softness in the ground, has been raised to a mark of 82 without winning but I think this is a winnable race for her.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 8.20 Newmarket - Belle Des Airs Belle Des Airs has performed consistently well so far this year, losing nothing in defeat (just) behind some well treated rivals. There is a good chance (not certain) she will get an uncontested lead here and given I think the handicapper may have under rated her recent runs I cannot ignore her in what seems an easier race. The booking of George Baker worries me, I worry he isn't the best jockey for a potential front runner and he isn't riding the yard's winners this year (0-26 :\). Gerard Butler's Muftarres looks weighted to win handicaps this year and will probably do so once the yard is in better form.

Re: Best bet of the day 7th Aug 8.30 Haydock - Puy D'arnac win I like the look of Puy D'arnac here who has been consistently 4th of late, (ignoring his last run) and has got a chance to atleast place here. Is down to a nice mark today of 65, 12 lb lower when coming 4th at Haydock and Hamilton in grade 4 races and 9lb lower from his last win at Ayr last year. Likes the soft ground and has won at this trip before. Wish i'd backed this horse this morning, as he is down to as low as 11/2 and if i remember correctly was far higher this morning, but is still a solid e/w bet.