** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

On a different note however, if Anderlecht are going with their full squad, I seriously expect another comfortable win for them. But how will I find out they're taking their strongest side? Anyone have any links for Kim Hyde? Come to Daddy, if you do. ;)
http://www.rsca.be/article.php?aid=24297&menu=1 Coach wants to win to gain points for coefficient, so all the important players are in Turkey. Another nice thing is that the next game in competition is against poor Cercle and not a topgame at all. But will the players be motivated? :unsure

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 just few words about dinamo salzburg match. dinamo misses about6-7 players but only two are first team players. mandzukic is big loss for dinamo, etto also misses but he can be replaced. salzburg is without most important player for tham nad mail goalscorer, Janko who is also suspended. in first leg dinamo dominated whole game and should win easily. salzburgs defence sucks,aas well as dinamos, so here should be many goals. over 2,5 is safe bet imo

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I also like the look of Twente to beat Sporting tonight. They did ride their luck in the first leg but to defender for over an hour with 10 men at a ground like Sporting`s in my opinion takes some doing. Also as a fellow member has already said they got their league programme of to a good start at the weekend with a 2-0 win at Sparta. With not too many "value" prices about i am happy to have a punt on Twente to win at best price 11/8 at time of writing. Good luck with whatever you all decide. :)

just few words about dinamo salzburg match. dinamo misses about6-7 players but only two are first team players. mandzukic is big loss for dinamo, etto also misses but he can be replaced. salzburg is without most important player for tham nad mail goalscorer, Janko who is also suspended. in first leg dinamo dominated whole game and should win easily. salzburgs defence sucks,aas well as dinamos, so here should be many goals. over 2,5 is safe bet imo
wouldn't go so far with the over bet. except etto also kovac is missing but coach jurcic is going to compensate by putting three dm's and fielding only one attacker, most probably papadopoulous. jancko iz missing for red bull, but with stevens he is not a first team regular. so, both teams with just one attacker, under is more probable. only attractive bet for this game imo is -0.75 dinamo, a small bet only on both to score, just in case something goes wrong in dinamo's plans, i am just afraid of that shaky defence. hard to predict really, only -0.75 bet has some value.

I'm going completely the other way to you. Anderlecht @ 3.00 offers a great betting opportunity. Anderlecht by nature are a very offensive side and they completely outclassed Sivaspor in the 1st leg. I think being 5-0 up will allow the Anderlecht players to relax and be more comfortable on the ball' date= therefor opening up more opportunities. Sivasspor are as good as out and aren't a great Turkish side by any standards. If they're at full strength too, they should complete the rout.
agree on this one ;)

wouldn't go so far with the over bet. except etto also kovac is missing but coach jurcic is going to compensate by putting three dm's and fielding only one attacker' date=' most probably papadopoulous. jancko iz missing for red bull, but with stevens he is not a first team regular. so, both teams with just one attacker, under is more probable. only attractive bet for this game imo is -0.75 dinamo, a small bet only on both to score, just in case something goes wrong in dinamo's plans, i am just afraid of that shaky defence. hard to predict really, only -0.75 bet has some value.[/quote'] salzburg maybe with one attacker, but dinamo have few possibilities, they never played with one attacker so they wont play this one neither, sivonjic . will play and he is attacker also there is morales who is also attack player.on the becnh is slepicka too. but and without attackers u can bee sure here will be many chances becouse there is too many holes in defences of both teams. there is no chance that dinamo will play for 0-0 becouse they know that they cant do it. that would be suicide

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventFC Twente vs Sporting Lisbon
SelectionSporting Lisbon (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.10 (Lay)
ReasoningI have to side with my instincts here and I reckon Twente offer fantastic value to win this match tonight. As always though I will play safe and lay Sporting at just above 2/1. That is very short for a team that couldn't beat 10 man Twente at home last week and the Dutch side surely now have a massive advantage playing at home. Sure Sporting were the better side last week in terms of possesion but they couldn't put the ball in the net and things are only going to become more difficult now they play in Holland. Twente have shown terrific pre season form and also kicked off their domestic campaign with a 2-0 victory away at Rotterdam. On the other hand Lisbon have been terrible in pre season friendlies and I think 5/2+ would be a more realistic price for them tonight.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Sivasspor v Anderlecht Odds seem weird to me for this game after Anderlecht handing out a 5 v 0 hammering in the first leg! How the home side is favoured by the bookies I'll never know :unsure Everybody and his wife seem to think Anderlecht will win this game also to which you would think the bookies would get on to. Looking at previous form in Europe Anderlecht don't travel well - in 17 away games in uefa champions league game since 2003 they have 12 losses 3 draws and 2 wins. Sivasspor have never played at home in the champions league and have only one game to go off from previous experience in this competition and that was the 1st leg drubbing. I smell a rat here and it is the sort of game the bookies pay for their holidays from! Anderlecht can go out and play their game as conservative as they like whilst Sivasspor will want to eradicate any semblence of the drubbing they received from the 1st leg. I hear of the belgium teams wanting to perform to the best of their abilities always in europe to guarantee them of not losing vital champions league places from their league but EVEN after a more or less guaranteed safe passage with a meaningless 2nd leg? I feel the important thing here for Anderlecht is to conserve their energy for much more meaningful battles they will endure in their domestic league and also further on down the road in Europe! Coefficient or not... The safest option here to me is Anderlecht dnb where the odds of @1.80 will not get you rich quick but will turn a small profit or stakes returned if this ends up a draw, which will not hurt either side! Prediction: Anderlecht DNB @1.80 Paddypower :ok

Strength10/10
Date04/08/2009
ReasoningI have to side with my instincts here and I reckon Twente offer fantastic value to win this match tonight. As always though I will play safe and lay Sporting at just above 2/1. That is very short for a team that couldn't beat 10 man Twente at home last week and the Dutch side surely now have a massive advantage playing at home. Sure Sporting were the better side last week in terms of possesion but they couldn't put the ball in the net and things are only going to become more difficult now they play in Holland. Twente have shown terrific pre season form and also kicked off their domestic campaign with a 2-0 victory away at Rotterdam. On the other hand Lisbon have been terrible in pre season friendlies and I think 5/2+ would be a more realistic price for them tonight.
I think Twente will advance...win 2-0 or 2-1. Twente at home is strong.

Strength10/10
Date04/08/2009
If you think that there is a lot of value with Twente winning (which I agree with), you lose the value by laying Lisbon. In the long run you will be more profitable backing a Twente win in this spot with a lot less risk.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 The reason alot are 10/10 when posted in that format that JackJarvis did is because these are posting from Sports-Punter where you have to put max stakes on everything to be in with a chance of making it at the top. I see this comment everyday on here about 10/10, I am hardly ever 10/10 on anything which is why I do not include that in my posts from sports-punter now as I was sick of people replying to my posts with 10/10 are you sure :eyes etc.... Please if you read 10/10 like that, they are not always 10/10 bets it is just the way it works. For what its worth I think the strength should be left out of the post, or include your own strength for example 3pts so and so to beat so and so so. Some may just bet level stakes which is fine but you can never have the same confidence on every bet you make, they'll be times when you are ultra confident and times where you are just confident.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I agree with adding your own strength feeling to a post! Whenever I have the time (which I didn't today on Anderlecht dnb pick!) I always adopt the stars ***** ***** = banker **** = strong fancy *** = good chance **= has a chance * = outside chance :ok

The reason alot are 10/10 when posted in that format that JackJarvis did is because these are posting from Sports-Punter where you have to put max stakes on everything to be in with a chance of making it at the top. I see this comment everyday on here about 10/10, I am hardly ever 10/10 on anything which is why I do not include that in my posts from sports-punter now as I was sick of people replying to my posts with 10/10 are you sure :eyes etc.... Please if you read 10/10 like that, they are not always 10/10 bets it is just the way it works. For what its worth I think the strength should be left out of the post, or include your own strength for example 3pts so and so to beat so and so so. Some may just bet level stakes which is fine but you can never have the same confidence on every bet you make, they'll be times when you are ultra confident and times where you are just confident.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 The stars are a good idea Jonesy because with 'pts' what is it based on 0-10 0-50? 0-100? I see 10pts 25pts 50pts 60pts flying around this forum and half the time have no idea what strength it is. I am the same though as sometimes I add points sometimes I don't, out of 10 in this I would have my confidence at around 5 or 6. Dinamo Moscow v Celtic - Celtic To Qualify @ 7/2 Boylesports I think Celtic showed enough last week to be a bit of value here at 7/2 to progress, they are unlucky to travel here a goal down as they should of at least took a draw out of last week's game, I am sure that they would of put them behind them and travel here with hopes are going through, Tony Mowbray showed at West Brom that he likes to play football and may have a bit more success at Celtic, Dinamo Moscow are into the middle of there season and are probably playing at there peak whilst Celtic have of course been off for a few months and it does take time to get back into it, I expect them to be alot sharper having had last week's football under there belt. An earlyish away goal for Celtic turns this tie on its head, Recent stats are against them having not won away in Europe for six years and never recovered after losing the first game at home but I think they'll be dancing in Moscow at the end of the night.

If you think that there is a lot of value with Twente winning (which I agree with)' date= you lose the value by laying Lisbon. In the long run you will be more profitable backing a Twente win in this spot with a lot less risk.
I disagree. We could all lump on Twente to win because the odds are excellent, but the possibilities of it becoming a draw is still quite high, even given Twente's If we ploughed all our money into what we think are "value" picks, we would be a lot worse off. It is a lot easier to pick losers than winners and given then right fundage is much more profitable over a longer period.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Dinamo Moscow ml for me, backing a team that is still in preseason mode, who hasn't won away in Europe in 6 years, is like putting money into a fire place and wondering why it got burned. Hate to break it to you guys but the Russian league is a better league than the Scottish league. It is certainly no worse overall that's for sure.

How you guys can overlook the fact that Moscow is in the middle of their domestic league is unbelievable to me.