Partizan Belgrade v Apoel Nicosia05.08.09 / 19:45 1.37 4.00 7.00
Stabaek v FC Copenhagen05.08.09 / 19:45 2.375 3.25 2.50

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

any bankers there your advice will be helpfull thanks
Mate, im sorry but there is no such thing. Looking at your posts, the majority of them are 'what do u think of x team win?' or just asking for 'bankers'. Try doing a little research and post your thoughts on them matches. This wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just went around asking for 'bankers'.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 If that Shaktar price is for real, I'm all over that. I don't care if they haven't been able to beat a Romanian team in donkey's years; I'm all over that price. A Champions League without Shaktar is like Aussie soaps without the hot girls. I honestly cannot imagine this Romanian team eliminating Shaktar at this early stage. I have a strong feeling Shaktar will go through to the next round and I hope I'm right. Now the only way they can go through without winning is if they draw three all or four all so I'll be covering my Shaktar straight win bet by making an insurance bet on those scorelines.

If that Shaktar price is for real' date= I'm all over that. I don't care if they haven't been able to beat a Romanian team in donkey's years; I'm all over that price. A Champions League without Shaktar is like Aussie soaps without the hot girls. I honestly cannot imagine this Romanian team eliminating Shaktar at this early stage. I have a strong feeling Shaktar will go through to the next round and I hope I'm right. Now the only way they can go through without winning is if they draw three all or four all so I'll be covering my Shaktar straight win bet by making an insurance bet on those scorelines.
I totally agree Kim. I think Timasora struck it lucky in the 1st leg because Shakhtar underestimated them. I doubt they'd make the same mistake again. It seems like Shakhtar were caught out and dominated for large periods.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Shakhtar will win - Trust Me :dude There is no way that Multi Million.Ahmetov will miss CL this season.Timisoara drew by pure luck and two good counter attacks.I'm sure Shakhtar had good lesson and mistakes in defence will be avoided now.Also this time Chygrynsky will start also Rat is fully recovered(he played yesterday and scored) and i expect Lucesku will travel as well. I'll have Mega Bet on Shakhtar :hope

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 D'ya guys reckon it's premature to place the bet now without reading about team news, etc etc? I did that with Metalist last week and it almot backfired on me. Reason I ask is I definitely see that price dropping to 4/6, 4/7 by Monday morning.

D'ya guys reckon it's premature to place the bet now without reading about team news' date= etc etc? I did that with Metalist last week and it almot backfired on me. Reason I ask is I definitely see that price dropping to 4/6, 4/7 by Monday morning.
No, because Shakhtar are unlikely to make enough changes to their first team to make a significant difference, in terms of playing quality. The only reason I can see for the bet not winning, is if Timasora pull off another shock.

D'ya guys reckon it's premature to place the bet now without reading about team news' date= etc etc?
I already told you about team news Kim :) Full squad,big money invested in Shakhtar,most of the players have been kept (even 22 mill. from Barca didn't make big impact on Chegrynsky decision to stay),new stadium Donbas Arena will be open very soon (BTW they even invited Beyonce to sing there) all this for one reason - to be succesfull in CL this year. Now do you see Shakhtar loose after all this? You are right the price will go down probably in next few days so i placed my bet already :ok

If that Shaktar price is for real' date= I'm all over that. I don't care if they haven't been able to beat a Romanian team in donkey's years; I'm all over that price. A Champions League without Shaktar is like Aussie soaps without the hot girls. I honestly cannot imagine this Romanian team eliminating Shaktar at this early stage. I have a strong feeling Shaktar will go through to the next round and I hope I'm right. Now the only way they can go through without winning is if they draw three all or four all so I'll be covering my Shaktar straight win bet by making an insurance bet on those scorelines.
Totally agree mate, thats the first thing I thought of when I looked at the fixtures. Shakhtar are a quality side and I can't see them going out here.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Initial thoughts are that I like the look of Dinamo Zagreb. I tipped Zagreb to at least get a draw away to Salzburg. Salzburg narrowly defeated Bohemians away from home in the previous round, something which I considered quite lucky on the night because there wasn't a massive difference in technical ability between the two sides. Now, in this latest round, I consider Zagreb to be the better team and I'd be surprised if they threw away this excellent opportunity to progress. Celtic are a massive price. They may have lost the 1st leg, but that was mainly due to Dynamo parking the bus and Celtic's inability to convert chances. Scottish teams are usually very determined when they need a result, so I wouldn't rule out a win for them in Russia. I don't understand the price for a Partizan win over Nicosia. They lost the 1st leg away 2-0, so anything under 1.60 is very low for a side that needs to win 3-0 to progress. I think Slavia Prague should rack up a decent win against FC Sheriff. They drew the 1st leg 0-0, but at home I'd expect the difference in class to show, and they should make the most of this opportunity. Anderlecht away to Sivasspor interests me. Anderlecht outclassed Sivasspor in the 1st leg, so there is no reason that they can't build on that 1st leg demolition and rack up a similar score line. I looked at games in the previous round where there was a massive class difference, and the better team racked up a huge scoreline in the 1st leg. Most went on to repeat the job a 2nd time out.

I already told you about team news Kim :) Full squad,big money invested in Shakhtar,most of the players have been kept (even 22 mill. from Barca didn't make big impact on Chegrynsky decision to stay),new stadium Donbas Arena will be open very soon (BTW they even invited Beyonce to sing there) all this for one reason - to be succesfull in CL this year. Now do you see Shakhtar loose after all this? You are right the price will go down probably in next few days so i placed my bet already :ok
They'll play Chygrinskiy? Why? I thought his deal to Barca was imminent?

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 As soon as Bluesq, Bet365 and SportingBet release their odds on Shaktar, I'm immediately placing money I can't afford to lose on Shaktar to beat Tomi on the road within 90 minutes of play. I'm also placing money on score betting on the following scores: Draw 2-2 Draw 3-3 But the stakes on these score bets will be minimum. I'll stake just enough to win back my stake on Shaktar's win, just in case it's a loser. If by the end of it all, I end up losing all my money and Shaktar are eliminated, the fact that Shaktar have lost £10m more than me will satisfy me enough for me to keep betting my hard earned cash. And it is hard earned cash; working with children all day, every week day for thirty-eight weeks of the year is as hard as they come. Believe me when I say that.

They'll play Chygrinskiy? Why? I thought his deal to Barca was imminent?
Read my UPL thread about Shakhtar's latest news. He is staying at the moment but 2-3 weeks time he may change his mind again :lol Just read latest news from Spanish newspaper: Barca is less intrested in Chygrynsky now because he already played in CL qual. for Shakhtar.It means he can't play for Barca in CL this season if they would buy him. But final decision will be made this week...if Chygrynsky will start for Shakhtar in second leg it means he stays.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Yeah, but what I mean is that he's already played one game so he can't play for Barca until Quarter-Finals, if at all (I forget what stupid rules UEFA has in place no - I recall the bizarre situation between Portsmouth and Real Madrid last year) so it doesn't make sense unless they're going to keep him at Shakhtar Donetsk but on loan? Confusing shit. Mind you, they do need a replacement for Caceres.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 19 posts so far,all considering shaktar the winner against timisoara.it might happend,yes,but it's not 100% sure,not even close so i'd be at least moderate wednesday,shaktaar will be the visiting team.for all who have the opportunity to watch the tv broadcast,they will see a stadium packed with 30.000 fierce supporters.that's a ''12''th strong player for timisoara.and with all due respect,shaktar is not a first class european team.so,it might count a lot this help from the crowd last week timisoara played due to their strategy and they did very well,defense and quick and deadly counterattacks.we should remember that winston parks,the fastest and very technical striker was repalced rigt immediatley after first goal.it seems he will be fit by the hour of the game so...be awere!it's not an easy bet at all

shaktar is not a first class european team.so
:lol Shakhtar is in top 15 best clubs in Europe at the moment mate.Shell i give you a list with teams that Shakhtar beat last season in CL and UEFA Cup? Lucesku knows this stadium very well and Shakhtar beat much stronger opponents on much biger stadiums away (OM,Barca,Basel etc...) They have more experience and quality. Don't worry they will win.Did you watch first leg?Timosara got draw by pure luck,Shakhtar could score 5 or 6... GL :ok

:lol Shakhtar is in top 15 best clubs in Europe at the moment mate.Shell i give you a list with teams that Shakhtar beat last season in CL and UEFA Cup? Lucesku knows this stadium very well and Shakhtar beat much stronger opponents on much biger stadiums away (OM,Barca,Basel etc...) They have more experience and quality. Don't worry they will win.Did you watch first leg?Timosara got draw by pure luck,Shakhtar could score 5 or 6... GL :ok
i'm not worried at all.i did watch the first leg and yes,shaktar was the dominant team,with several good occasions,BUT,timisoara's goals didn't come out of the blue!they knew that on shaktar stadium their only weapon is the counterattack,and that's how the 2goals appeared.2 nice,perfectly well done counterattacks and by the way,since when basel is a big european force?(2-2 against reykyavik thursday)and the win against barcelona last autumne was against a2-3 string team,they were already qualified.not to mention the uefa cup final,when the had alot of help with diego being suspended from bremen.....

i'm not worried at all.i did watch the first leg and yes,shaktar was the dominant team,with several good occasions,BUT,timisoara's goals didn't come out of the blue!they knew that on shaktar stadium their only weapon is the counterattack,and that's how the 2goals appeared.2 nice,perfectly well done counterattacks and by the way,since when basel is a big european force?(2-2 against reykyavik thursday)and the win against barcelona last autumne was against a2-3 string team,they were already qualified.not to mention the uefa cup final,when the had alot of help with diego being suspended from bremen.....
Yes, i also liked Timosara's goals.It was good lesson for Shakhtar,they should never underestimate their opponents.Also without Rat and Chygrynsky defence looked a bit shaky. Ok,that's enough about Shakhtar indeed,i already placed my bet so no point to say anything else. BTW what's your bet then?

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Mahno, unfortunately this is an impossible argument to win! Anyone who watched the game will know that Shakhtar were by far the better side, they created many chances but for one reason or another couldnt finish them off..the first they conceded was very poor defending and holding too high a line and the second goal was a case of commiting too many men forward, I commited a lot of money to a Shakhtar victory and was very pissed off but I would place the bet again as it was a good bet and should have won.. The match facts tell a story, Shaktar had 20 shots 11 on target compared to 6 (4) and 15 corners compared to 0!! I will be on Shakhtar again but not committing as much money this time, maybe a got a little carried away! Shakhtar I must believe will not make the same mistakes as last time and if the opposition have any interest in stepping out their penalty area more than once every half hour it would certainly help Shakhtar exploit the spaces they leave..One thing you can be sure of both sides realise what a huge game this is..

Yes, i also liked Timosara's goals.It was good lesson for Shakhtar,they should never underestimate their opponents.Also without Rat and Chygrynsky defence looked a bit shaky. Ok,that's enough about Shakhtar indeed,i already placed my bet so no point to say anything else. BTW what's your bet then?
for me,it's a high risk bet,so i placed some subjective bets which i cannot explain here,whre objectivity should rule. my objective bet for this one is both teams to score,exactly as i predicted for the 1sr round,for 1.85 at bwin.much better,from my point of view than a 1.68 for shaktar win

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 BTW what's going on with Celtic odds? Celtic is huge 5/2 to win.I know their away record is bad but still even Celtic +0.5 AH is 4/6. I don't think they will loose this match.Also Brown is traveling but not sure if he will play or maybe sub. Dynamo M. is a young and talented team but i just don't see Celtic loosing it.I was watching 1st leg and Celtic could score 2-3 goals easy it's just was of those bad days...Shakhtar and then Celtic...some bad luck that was. Does anybody think Celtic can drew or possibly win this game?

for me,it's a high risk bet,so i placed some subjective bets which i cannot explain here,whre objectivity should rule. my objective bet for this one is both teams to score,exactly as i predicted for the 1sr round,for 1.85 at bwin.much better,from my point of view than a 1.68 for shaktar win
@1.68 now but i took it yesterday at @2.00 so odds are going down fast...:unsure

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Another team that surpriced everyone was BATE. Lost 1-0 away in 1st leg.They also lost their last away match in domestic championship 3-1. I would say the price on BATE is way too short but under 2.5 goals 5/6 looks ok.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Yeah, BATE Borisov was my main pick of the day, that did surprise me. However, I believe they rested players away to Dnepr (it's still a poor result though!) so they can batter Ventspils, which I think they will if they get an early goal. We all know Ventspils aren't a match for BATE Borisov - sometimes lady luck smiles on you, however!