** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July )

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) Pick: Handicap (0:1) 1 Result: Pending Stake: 5/10 Odds: 1.70 Bookmaker: Admiral vCash: No verified-logo-small.gif Posted: Yesterday, 10:38 I already said the normal win should be in for sure, but this nice handicap odds were too nice to keep my hands off. :ok Fenerbahce with very good lineup and I think Honved players will be happy if they can at least run when our great fans start to celebrate our players. That is not the level of Honved and the players can be happy to have this one incredible match in this big stadium and that its. Everything else than a win would be a big big surprise.;)

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) Next up..... Honka v Karabakh Under 2.5 goals @ 1.8. I seriously don't understand why Honka are being made sure fire favourites, given the way Karabakh performed against Rosenborg. We must remember that Rosenborg are on fire in the Tippeligaen presently, so it's not as though Karabakh were playing a European side in their first competitive game. Honka are probably one of the better sides in the Veikkausliiga, and at home they are pretty solid; 15 goals scored, 5 conceded. However, with most things in the Finnish league, I feel that their supposed good home form is masked by the stats, by the fact that they have only won 3 out of 7 at home, drawing the other 4. Honka defeated Bangor in games where they were odds on to win comfortably. In reality they could have won by a bigger margin given the amount of shots on goal. I think that Honka will struggle to put the ball in the back of the net against Karabakh, and should they win, I only see a 1 or 2 goal winning margin. Karabakh are likely to be playing for a draw as they were in the 1st leg against Rosenborg.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July )

a very intersting odd is on ofk petrovac winning against sturm graz.if the serbs could field their best team i don't see why they can not beat the austrians,if they could manage anorthosis famagusta,one of the surprise of uefa champions league last year. the serbs teams are known for their combative style and ambition and for their fierce supporters.they gained a lot of confidence from the last round and it will be very difficult for sturm graz to come back home with something
Petrovac are not Serbian club, they are from Montenegro mate...

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) I haven't gone back further than one year, as I don't have the time, but I was curious what happened in the first leg of the final qualifying round...last year there were just two qualifying rounds, and this one took place beginning 14 August, 2008. I think it's amazing just how closely matched the teams were. My first impression with the odds offered in 2009 were that the bookies had tightened things up quite a bit...note a few things about last year: HW 11 D 8 AW 12 O2.5 18 U2.5 13 Break it down, and here is something very surprising...of the 11 home wins, 8 were by a single goal. There were only two home-team blowouts...4-1 Young Boys over debreceni and 6-0 Lech over Grasshoppers. But of the 12 away winners, 6 won by 1 goal, 2 by 2 goals, 3 by 3 goals and 1 by 4 goals. These were primarily big-name teams (Hertha, Napoli, Aston Villa, Brondby, etc) against minnows... It is just a look at one slate of games, but it suggests to me that when people question a big-name team's motivation in these games away in far-off places, and that they'll settle for a draw on away because then they'll crush their opponent at home in a fortnight, they're forgetting the most important factor is relative quality on the pitch.

FC Randers vs Hamburg SV Randers started off their Europe League compaign very convincingly (spelling error!). They crushed Linfield 7-0 on aggregate but then struggled against Suduva. Now they come up against Hamburg who have had a amazing pre season. They've brushed aside the likes of Bayern Munich, Stuggart and AZ Alkmaar without conceding and all games away from home. Elia will make his competitive debut so i expect goals. Prediction - Hamburg -1 if you're being agressive or just Hamburg win for the safe bet.
I totally agree with this pick. Although Randers knocked out Northern Irish, Linfield 7-0 on aggregate, they only narrowly edged past Lithuanian FK Sūduva Marijampolė 2-1 on aggregate. Drawing 1-1 in the 2nd leg at home courtesy of an own goal by the Lithuanians. Randers have lost their first two Danish SAS Ligaen fixture, with the latest loss coming 2-3 against AGF Aarhus only on Monday. Hamburg finished 5th in the German league last year and qualified for thye Europa league through the Fairplay recognition. I personally feel that a 5th position in the German league is still a pretty decent achievement for a side that fought in the 2nd German league only 4 years ago. Each year they have improved their positioning in the league and are looking to make that transition into Champions League competition. Likely lineup is; Rost - Demel, Boateng, Mathijsen, Aogo - Trochowski, Jarolim, Zé Roberto, Jansen - Guerrero, Petric Randers; Ellegaard - Addy, Fenger, da Cruz, Pedersen - Beckmann, mountain, Grahn, Lorentzen, Pedersen - Nygaard

I totally agree with this pick. Although Randers knocked out Northern Irish, Linfield 7-0 on aggregate, they only narrowly edged past Lithuanian FK Sūduva Marijampolė 2-1 on aggregate. Drawing 1-1 in the 2nd leg at home courtesy of an own goal by the Lithuanians. Randers have lost their first two Danish SAS Ligaen fixture, with the latest loss coming 2-3 against AGF Aarhus only on Monday. Hamburg finished 5th in the German league last year and qualified for thye Europa league through the Fairplay recognition. I personally feel that a 5th position in the German league is still a pretty decent achievement for a side that fought in the 2nd German league only 4 years ago. Each year they have improved their positioning in the league and are looking to make that transition into Champions League competition. Likely lineup is; Rost - Demel, Boateng, Mathijsen, Aogo - Trochowski, Jarolim, Zé Roberto, Jansen - Guerrero, Petric Randers; Ellegaard - Addy, Fenger, da Cruz, Pedersen - Beckmann, mountain, Grahn, Lorentzen, Pedersen - Nygaard
in the last 4 years,hamburg started their european campaignes with a draw: 2005 1:1 at home with copenhagen 2006 0:0 home with osassuna, 2007 0:0 away against honved budapest 2008 0:0 at home against unirea urziceni my bet is that they will not win today either.most of the time,records don't lie

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) Honka - Karabahk Honka -1 2.00 @ Bet365 Karabahk so far is not more than one of the surprises of this qualification. Honka plays well in their stadium, they didn´t lost a game yet in their championship. I think Karabahk´s glory days are gone and Honka should win this easily and advance to the next stage. I dont believe Karabahk can cause another surprise. Goteborg - Hapoel Tel Aviv Goteborg to win 2.00 @ Bet365 Placed this bet 2 days ago. Odds dropped since then. Goteborg is one of the biggest clubs in Sweden, they are very experienced in the Euro Cups and they are trying to recover their european status. Hapoel is a typical israeli team, very defensive away from home. I predict total domain from the swedish team...nice price IMO. Netanya - Galatasaray Gala to win 1.84 @ Betfair This price went up just a few seconds ago and the handicap line changed from -1 to -0.75. Duno what happened but im still taking a shot with the turkish team. Rijkaard said he will field the strongest eleven. When they drew Tobol away from home they played with a second string squad. Players like Linderoth, Nonda, Kewell, Leo Franco, Kader Keita, Hakan Balta didn´t play and Arda Turan and Baros only entered the match at halftime. Netanya lost their main players, 6 internationals, 3 from Israel, 1 from Camerron, 1 from South Africa and another from Panama. They bought no players for the new season and it seems that the Israeli press is saying that Netanya will have a lot of troubles to stay in the main league. Also Galatasaray is starting the Championship on the 9th August and the second leg of this qualifying round is played on the 6th. I believe Rijkaard will try to get the job done today so he can rest some players in the second leg. GL to all :hope

in the last 4 years,hamburg started their european campaignes with a draw: 2005 1:1 at home with copenhagen 2006 0:0 home with osassuna, 2007 0:0 away against honved budapest 2008 0:0 at home against unirea urziceni my bet is that they will not win today either.most of the time,records don't lie
Interesting stats, but we can also tell by the finishing position of Hamburg that they are improving year by year. We will see. There is only one fixture that they played away in those 4 games you mention. I presume in the other 3 games against Osasuna, Copenhagen, and Unirea Urziceni, they were heavy favourites.

hamburg in the 2bundesliga?not in this century,bro.3 years ago they were playing in the champ league groups

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSteau Bucharest vs Motherwell
SelectionSteau (-1)
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningMotherwell will find it very very difficult in Romania this evening in front of a hostile crowd and although they easily took care of Llanelli & Flamurtari, this is a massive step up. Bucharest have plenty of European experience and considering I don't really rate Motherwell, I think they will struggle big time tonight. 2 or 3-0 for the home side and giving away a goal start, EVS is good enough for me.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) steaua vs motherwell 4 key players missing at steaua,due to injuries and suspentions.and they didn't impress in the tie with ujpest when they had a full squad. there are some conditions for scots to produce a surprise.i will take as a single bet a draw/away win in any round there are at least one big surprise(last night was timisoara)and,as i said,steaua will not count on 4 of his best players.i think,with their fight spirit,the scots could produce a big hit tonight in bucharest

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) My selection for tonight: Fenerbahce - Honved Selection: Over 2.5 Goals Odds: 8/13 Stake: Big Everyone on the Turkish footy forums are expecting a big, big win from Fener and rightly so. A few of the guys are even tipping 5-0, 6-0 scorelines. I expect a big scoreline like that as well. Fener have enough quality on their side to score at least three past a Hungarian side who finished thirteenth in the league last season. Now I'm pretty certain Fener won't concede tonight which means I need Fener to cover the Over 2.5 by themselves and I think (or hope) they can do this. I know Honved will be playing an eleven man defence and they'll throw themselves in front of every ball but if Fener manage to get an early, from a corner, a free-kick (which they're very effective at especially with Daum back in charge), then the game will open up. One tiny concern of mine though is that Fener will be playing my team (Besiktas) on Sunday in the Turkish Super Cup and they always take derby games very seriously, even if it's a meaningless cup. So I'm concerned that the manager may rest some players or worse yet, he may tell the players not to tire themselves out too much so as to conserve their energy for the cup game. But that's just a wild and mild concern; I'm sure they'll bang in the goals tonight, especially as it's their first, official home game of the season, where the atmosphere will be sensational. Had the odds been around 1/2 or even worse, 2/5 (SportingBet), I wouldn't have touched this game but I feel 8/13 is too good to pass up. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'll regret placing this bet but I don't want to say 'Damn, wish I placed that bet!!!!' come 21:30 tonight. Good luck to everyone.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) Valerenga vs PAOK my Pick is PAOK to win @ 2.70 with paddy power. Reason : don hve any team news, just based on the recent team performance. valerenga are 14th in the table in norway, and the last five read 1 win and 4 losses for valerenga which shows that the team is underperforming. PAOK in the other side are way bigger team, who came second in the greece league, they had very good pre season results, the team seems to be in good spirts and winning most of their friendly matches, in most of the pre season friendlys the coach played a mixture of its main players and the new buys, so i expect PAOK to win 0:2 / 1:2 GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) Rijeka v Metalist Kharkiv Few words for all Metalist backers. Jaja and slusar are out for this game.Metalist is not as strong as last season.I just read interview with Metalist's coach and he says he is happy with a draw while Rijeka coach has no fear and said team will play for a win. 12/5 for Rijeka is good for me.Croatian teams are strong at home and with their massive fan support i'm sure they will beat Metalist. So i'm on home win :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 28-30 July ) @Kim It will all depend on how good Honved will defend. After one or two first goals your bet may look quite easy bet. But if Fenerbahce will have problems to break defence then your bet looks dangerous. ;)

Rijeka v Metalist Kharkiv Few words for all Metalist backers. Jaja and slusar are out for this game.Metalist is not as strong as last season.I just read interview with Metalist's coach and he says he is happy with a draw while Rijeka coach has no fear and said team will play for a win. 12/5 for Rijeka is good for me.Craotian teams are strong at home and with their massive fan's support i'm sure they will beat Metalist. So i'm on home win :ok
Oh, crap. I put money on Kharkiv earlier in the week. I absolutely HATE managers who play for a draw. :sad :sad Now I really, really need Fener to score three goals. Or to concede three. Edit: Graz have equalized through a penalty for those interested.

Oh' date= crap. I put money on Kharkiv earlier in the week. I absolutely HATE managers who play for a draw. :sad :sad Now I really, really need Fener to score three goals. Or to concede three.
You never know Kim,Metalist may pull fingers out and win but without Jaja it will be very very dificult...Sorry but i hope Rijeka will win as odds on home win are massive and i have some money on it :hope

hamburg in the 2bundesliga?not in this century' date='bro.3 years ago they were playing in the champ league groups[/quote'] Yeah, sorry. My mistake, I had multiple screens up at the same time. Think I was looking at Randers or something.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventRijeka vs Metallist
SelectionMetallist (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Lay)
ReasoningMetallist are very very short here if we look at this game more closely. They are only this short down to reputation. Rijeka are a very very good side and their home record is magnificent with 11 wins from 11 games this season so far. Although the Ukranians play in a more competitive league, their away form is patchy and they simply look far too short against Rijeka this evening.

Valerenga vs PAOK my Pick is PAOK to win @ 2.70 with paddy power. Reason : don hve any team news, just based on the recent team performance. valerenga are 14th in the table in norway, and the last five read 1 win and 4 losses for valerenga which shows that the team is underperforming. PAOK in the other side are way bigger team, who came second in the greece league, they had very good pre season results, the team seems to be in good spirts and winning most of their friendly matches, in most of the pre season friendlys the coach played a mixture of its main players and the new buys, so i expect PAOK to win 0:2 / 1:2 GL
PAOK just scored a goal, come on PAOK :hope

Next up..... Honka v Karabakh Under 2.5 goals @ 1.8. I seriously don't understand why Honka are being made sure fire favourites, given the way Karabakh performed against Rosenborg. We must remember that Rosenborg are on fire in the Tippeligaen presently, so it's not as though Karabakh were playing a European side in their first competitive game. Honka are probably one of the better sides in the Veikkausliiga, and at home they are pretty solid; 15 goals scored, 5 conceded. However, with most things in the Finnish league, I feel that their supposed good home form is masked by the stats, by the fact that they have only won 3 out of 7 at home, drawing the other 4. Honka defeated Bangor in games where they were odds on to win comfortably. In reality they could have won by a bigger margin given the amount of shots on goal. I think that Honka will struggle to put the ball in the back of the net against Karabakh, and should they win, I only see a 1 or 2 goal winning margin. Karabakh are likely to be playing for a draw as they were in the 1st leg against Rosenborg.
0-1. :ok Again, a poor Finnish side are overestimated by the bookmakers.

I can't see past Fulham @ 1.5 to sneak past FK Vetra. Vetra knocked out Helsinki of Finland in the previous qualifying round, but even then they had to turn around a 1 goal defecit after losing the home leg 1-0. Vetra are well into their season and currently sit 2nd in the Lithuanian A Lyga. Fulham have had a long and intensive pre-season, taking in a tour of Australia, where they lost the first fixture 2-1 before racking up 11 goals to none in the remaining 2 fixtures. They then returned to the UK and completed a 0-0 draw with AFC Bournemouth and a 3-3 draw with Peterborough. The last time Vetra played a European game versus English opposition was in 2007 and they were beaten 6-0 on aggregate. Fulham will have to do without Dickson Etuhu and Simon Davies for this fixture, so Bjorn Helge Riise (brother of John Arne) will make his competetive debut. This is Fulham's competetive debut in European competition, but they should have enough about them to ease past their Lithuanian opposition. Likely starting XI should look something like this; Schwarzer; Paintsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky; Dempsey, Murphy, Riise, Gera; Zamora, Johnson
3-0. :ok Gotta say, Fulham surpassed my expectations here.