UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July )

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July )

Word on Motherwell v Flamutari. BBC sport reports that several Flamutari "officials" will not travel to Scotland because they have been denied visas. What they mean by officials I am not sure about. However the price of 1.33 for a straight Motherwell win is rediculous. Both sides are very poor. Motherwell lost 9 first team players during the close season and appointed Jim Gannon as the new team manager. They are clearly not as good a side as they were a year or so ago. I m also concerned at the really low odds on Over 2.5 goals. There are no stats to back up the odds. It's very suspicious from my point of view, so I think there will be quite a few goals in this game and that Motherwell will win.
And there you have it.......very suspicious indeed.....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it suspicious?
Because Motherwell are a very poor side. The odds for over 2.5 goals and a Motherwell straight win were way out of line, when you consider that in conjunction with the asian handicap prices. I believe Albanian's are known for this sort of thing. Well are 6-0 up now in the first half. That is rediculous.

Because Motherwell are a very poor side. The odds for over 2.5 goals and a Motherwell straight win were way out of line, when you consider that in conjunction with the asian handicap prices. I believe Albanian's are known for this sort of thing. Well are 6-0 up now in the first half. That is rediculous.
ok then.... :eyes

Are you suggesting the game is fixed or such? Just because the game ended 1-0 last week doesn't mean it was automatically unders this week. You have to remember the intense heat the game was played in last week whereas the players are being pelted by rain and such tonight as its back home in Sunny Scotland :lol

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Obviously Flamurturi are a much poorer side than we thought, me especially and they probably only won last week due to the heat the game was played in as Motherwell are definetly not familiar with high temperatures.

Are you suggesting the game is fixed or such? Just because the game ended 1-0 last week doesn't mean it was automatically unders this week. You have to remember the intense heat the game was played in last week whereas the players are being pelted by rain and such tonight as its back home in Sunny Scotland :lol
Yeah I have considered all that.....strangely enough.....;) There was some talk on another website about this game. I'm not saying for definite, because obviously I don't know. What I do know is that there is more corruption at that level of football. Bottom line is. Motherwell couldn't beat anyone 6-0. For them to be 6-0 up at HT is highly suspicious to me. But that's me. I'm suspicious when I see unusual things happen.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Mate, Motherwell are poor but they ain't that bad. I don't rate them much myself but they do have plenty of young talent and I guess we have just overlooked how poor their opponents are. They are obviously up against a very very poor side which is not unusual for this stage of the competition.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) motherwell were clearly the better side in the first leg and if not for some home-team refereeing and unplayable heat, they would have racked up a similar score in leg 1. the game is going as expected.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Got to agree with Jase here. If the odds were plumeting on the goal line, then it was because the money was down. to be honest, there are pub teams that would have faired better. Albanian teams have been involved in "suspect" games in the past. It does not surprise me as there is so much betting in all sorts of sport that there are bound to be some corrupt honchos out to make a few bucks. I believe Jase called this before KO.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) I have one word to justify what happen in Motherwell´s match.. Its called FOOTBALL... Anything can happen...that´s the beauty of the game... If Motherwell had won the first leg as they should, today it wouldn´t be suspicious. Nice preview from Justin!

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Vetra is big surprise for all Lithuanian people. Now next week at my city will come FULHAM! :clap:nana:welcome:cow And as i say Kaunas was not poor team and they score equalizer, but it was not enough :eyes Estonian team Levadia is very poor tonight and that man who writes that Levadia can win is clearly idiot :@

Got to agree with Jase here. If the odds were plumeting on the goal line' date=' then it was because the money was down. to be honest, there are pub teams that would have faired better. Albanian teams have been involved in "suspect" games in the past. It does not surprise me as there is so much betting in all sorts of sport that there are bound to be some corrupt honchos out to make a few bucks. I believe Jase called this before KO.[/quote'] Summed up perfectly, not just because you appear to agree with me.:) I have watched the odds plummet throughout this week. Over 2.5 goals was 1.60 prior to the game. Motherwell straight win was 1.30 - 1.36. Even if you do not agree with me, you have to acknowledge that is a little irregular. Motherwell are a poor side with no recent, or past distinctive history of high scoring affairs. The odds suggested the bookmakers were expecting a goal rush, yet the odds offered in the Asian handicap market indicated as though Motherwell had as much chance as your average pub team of winning one, or two nil, or seventeen nil. Yes, Motherwell may be able to put a few past many a team.....but....and that's a big but.....8...past any opponent? It doesn't add up to me. I could say the same about any side in the world; that they are capable of scoring eight goals a game. That is quite simply how some people ivolved in football, may....or may not.... be able to make money out of football. Similar to how we all operate. I really really don't want to sound egotistical, but I did call it before the game. Prior to the game I had been writing a review based on how Motherwell have been poor, lost at least 9 players pre-season and have even changed manager during that period, as per my initial post at the very beginning of the week. However, I saw the way the money was flowing prior to the game and deleted my initial review. TBH if you didn't have the possibility of getting anywhere (and that's not just anywhere. Litterally nowehere in a cup competition) wouldn't you put your life savings on a particular possibility? If you could influence the outcome??? I've been doing this a long time and I can see where the odds are way out of line. Also, where things just don't add up in my mind, where the actual odds seem false. If that makes sense....

I agree with your assessment that the teams that turned over opponents in the first leg won't stop there. If the class difference was clear for all to see on the first leg, then it will likely be very similar in the 2nd leg. Unless the superior team makes 11 squad changes. However, Honka only won 2-0 in the 1st leg. They probably played at their capacity because Finnish football isn't the greatest. Neither is Welsh football. 1.60 or 1.80 for an away side only winning by 2-0 from the first leg is far too low for me. Bangor will still fancy their chances.
Honka won 1-0 and to be honest it didn't surprise me. They are from a poor finnish league; despite that, they should have been considered favourites (as they were) against a poor Bangor side, but the poor odds were completely not worth risking. Anyone that took those odds must have a pacemaker fitted.

Does anyone have any opinion on why Over 2.5 goals in the game between Rabotnicki and Crusaders of Belfast has dropped to 1.65 with some places? I was looking at taking under 2.5 because Rabotnicki seem to be a clear under'ish side....
This was another game that was suspect. Rabotnicki; another poor side against another poor side. Both sides were clear under 2.5 sides, yet the bookmeakers offered 1.60 for over 2.5 goals. Strangely enough, we see 6 goals between two poor sides. I'm not suggesting anything untoward has happened, but it is food for thought.

NAC Breda - 1, -1.5 @ 1.65 :clap HB Tórshavn v AC Omonia Nicosia -1, -1.5 @ 1.77 :clap Vllaznia v SK Rapid Wien - 0.5, -1 @ 1.64 :clap FC Vaduz @ 2.5 v Falkirk :clap Word on Motherwell v Flamutari. BBC sport reports that several Flamutari "officials" will not travel to Scotland because they have been denied visas. What they mean by officials I am not sure about. However the price of 1.33 for a straight Motherwell win is rediculous. Both sides are very poor. Motherwell lost 9 first team players during the close season and appointed Jim Gannon as the new team manager. They are clearly not as good a side as they were a year or so ago. I m also concerned at the really low odds on Over 2.5 goals. There are no stats to back up the odds. It's very suspicious from my point of view, so I think there will be quite a few goals in this game and that Motherwell will win. :clap:clap:clap
That was a really good night. Lots of value to be had!

Anyway...I'm only intrested in few matches here.Looking for home teams that need to win and can win.So my picks will be: - Galatasaray.I'm sure they will beat at home kazakh team after 1-1 away draw. - Motherwell.They just play funny games.Lost 1-0 away to weak team and i think they can come back again like they did last time. - Rabotnichki surprised everyone in firts leg playing draw against pub team.They shouldn't have problems at home. -Pacos de Ferreira also should beat poor Zimbru at home. This is it for me.Odds are very low but will work well in acca.So i think i'll go with treble or four-fold. GL :ok
All won :nana

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap a big thanks to all the write up yesterday it help a lot with my picks ,just waiting for the prem to start in 3 weeks time so uafa football is a great side line .

Just a word on the Derry game. BBC NI sport reports that 4 of the Skonto team have been refused British Visa's. They have been able to travel to Derry but under UEFA rules will not be able to play without a visa. The issue has not beed fully resolved, so check team news before tonite. I think Derry are a decent bet @11/10 for this game. If these players are unable to play then I'm sure the odds will drop.
The odds did drop on Derry before the off. They are a tough nut at home:ok

Kaunas-Sevojno In the first leg in Belgrade Sevojno could surley have won with a 2 goal margin.They had great chances and outplayed Kaunas.Sevojno is a offensive side so i think they will use the space to score from counter-attacks.Sevojno came 3 days before the match so there will be no problem with aclimatisation.Sevojno looks like a sure bet , but i will go for a draw @ 3.35 or away/draw @1.45 GL! :ok
Win! :nana :nana :nana

Honka won 1-0 and to be honest it didn't surprise me. They are from a poor finnish league; despite that, they should have been considered favourites (as they were) against a poor Bangor side, but the poor odds were completely not worth risking. Anyone that took those odds must have a pacemaker fitted.
So Honka win yet you still take the p1ss out of anyone who backed them :$ Regarding Albanians and fixing, Vllaznia 0-3 Rapid Vienna was a 100% fix on overs last night, even if the third goal came 10 seconds from the end. The in-running odds were crazy. Under 2.5 was about 2.6 in the 88th minute.