** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July )

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July )

FT score was only 2-0, but 5-0 would give much better idea what was going on on the pitch. Bangor must feel lucky to still have a slight chance after being run over completely. However I choose not to bet, cause for Honka getting through is far more important than winning, and last year at UEFA cup they succeeded losing to an icelandic team of the same quality as Bangor.
I see that as you suggest Honka could have had the game well and truly sewn up in the 1st leg because they had over 15 attempts on goal, compared to Bangor's 4.... However, this would suggest that as I suspect, this fixture is between two very poor sides and Honka are just not good enough in front of goal. If this is anything like the game last night between Bohemians and Salzburg, where Salburg were huge favourites I wouldn't be too confident. Two very poor sides battling it out. The only difference being that one side is made favourite and therefor plays higher up the pitch and has more posession.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventFC Vaduz vs Falkirk
SelectionFalkirk (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.30 (Lay)
ReasoningAlthough Falkirk hold a 1-0 lead going into this 2nd leg tie this evening, I think they were very fortunate to get away with a victory last week and they will have it all to do in Lithuania tonight. Last week, Vaduz dominated for most of the game and they certainly showed they are no pushovers. As much as I would love to see Falkirk win this, I can't see it happening. Vaduz are a physical side and will pose a huge threato to Falkirks youngsters from set pieces. As I said they were very unfortunate not to get at least a draw last week but they should put things correct back on home turf tonight. Most bookmakers have Falkirk around 7/4 but I am happy to lay at 9/4 as imo they are 3/1+ shots looking at how the game last week panned out.

puntteri what is your opinion on hjk are vetra a strong team
no idea really about Vetra, only seen the match reports and I guess the odds are about set right. ------ And now that i finally checked the odds I took a small punt on Vetra with a 1.25 handicap, which is under these circumstances a huge handicap at least with the price of 2.25 available at sbobet. Only qualifying is important, not winning all legs.

In going with the theme of sides that are superior to their opponents and steamrollered the first leg, I have my first pick. FC Gandzasar Kapan v NAC Breda - 1, -1.5 @ 1.65 NAC won the first leg 6-0 and they now travel to Armenia to face minnows Gandzascar, who are a fresh side in Armenian football having only been founded in 2004 and only gained promotion to the top Armenian league in 2006. This is their debut outing in European football. I think the gulf in class was clear for all to see in the first leg and I would have expected the line to be set at atleast -2. Expected lineup for NAC is as follows; Ten Rouwelaar; Snoyl, Zwaanswijk, Loran, Fehér; Schilder, Gilissen, De Graaf; Lurling, Amoah, Cairo. The only changes from the first leg is Ferne Snoyl, who will make his debut in place of Kees Kwakman having only recently signed from RKC Waalwijk. Patrick Zwaanswijk returns to the starting lineup after missing the 1st leg. Finnish international winger Joonas Kolkaa is the only other player to miss out from the 1st leg.
Following on from the theme of superior sides that are comfortably ahead in their tie. HB Tórshavn v AC Omonia Nicosia -1, -1.5 @ 1.77 HB Torshavn are the Faroe Islands most successful and oldest football club having been formed in the early part of the last century. They have only ever won 3 times in European competition having played 32 games. Omonia on the other hand are a progressive side who only missed out on the Cypriot Premier league title by 5 points, in a season where they conceded only 18 goals. I think it's fair to say that Cypriot football has improved greatly over the last few years. I think the class difference is again very clear to see between Omonia Nicosia and the amateur side from the Faroe Islands. I am unsure of the exact team news because I don't speak Greek or Iclandic :lol But, I am confident that Omonia will win comfortably. They could and should have scored more in the 1st leg. Their efforts on goal reached at least 20.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Another bet I like the look of following the same path as previously. Vllaznia v SK Rapid Wien - 0.5, -1 @ 1.64 Rapid won the 1st leg 5-0 courtesy 4 2nd half goals and now travel to Albania for the 2nd leg with a complete compliment of players. I think that this represents a bit of value as I expected the line to be slightly higher. Vllaznia have virtually no chance of qualifying. Rapid to win by at least one is extremely pobable. Rapid are fresh from a morale boosting 1-0 friendly win over Liverpool on Sunday. Vllaznia only narrowly knocked out Sligo Rovers in the last round and now surely have come up against a far superior side.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) MTZ- Ripo - Metalurg Metalurg will play with full squad.All players are fit and ready.Metalurg's coach said he wants to win second leg as well.Metalurg looked tired this weekend against Dnipro and could only finish 0-0 but idon't think MTZ will cause Metalurg many problems.MTZ gave up because they know we are stronger! I'm going with under 2.5 here

EventFC Vaduz vs Falkirk
SelectionFalkirk (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
ReasoningAlthough Falkirk hold a 1-0 lead going into this 2nd leg tie this evening' date= I think they were very fortunate to get away with a victory last week and they will have it all to do in Lithuania tonight. Last week, Vaduz dominated for most of the game and they certainly showed they are no pushovers. As much as I would love to see Falkirk win this, I can't see it happening. Vaduz are a physical side and will pose a huge threato to Falkirks youngsters from set pieces. As I said they were very unfortunate not to get at least a draw last week but they should put things correct back on home turf tonight. Most bookmakers have Falkirk around 7/4 but I am happy to lay at 9/4 as imo they are 3/1+ shots looking at how the game last week panned out.
Don't know mate...odds on Vaduz ok but they lost last 6 games(including Europa,freindly,league) and could only score 2 goals.Perhaps under 2.5 is an option?Vaduz is at the bottom of Swetzerland league with 5 wins out of 36 games and goal differ. -57 :loon

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Next up..... FC Vaduz @ 2.5 v Falkirk This is a tentative selection, and I'm throwing all sentiment out the window. I was considering taking Draw no bet, but I've chosen to go for the straight home win. I think I mentioned in an earlier thread how poor Falkirk are. They have a new manager this season and barely escaped relegation from the Scottish Premier League on the last day of the last season. They qualified for the Europa league through coming as runner up in the domestic cup. Whilst taking nothing away from the achievment of Falkirk, when a competition that has only two great sides competing in it, in the form of Rangers and Celtic, it tends to devalue the competition. Their win in the 1st leg was rather a fortunate one, but should still be applauded. I'm not quite sure how FC Vaduz came to qualify for the Europa league as they were relegated last season, being the worse team in the Swiss Premier league. Despite that, I'm still picking them to just about sneak it because of the notorious poor travelling record of Scottish sides in Europe. Mark Stewart and Neil McCann are the only absentees for Falkirk, but neither played the 1st leg.

Don't know mate...odds on Vaduz ok but they lost last 6 games(including Europa' date='freindly,league) and could only score 2 goals.Perhaps under 2.5 is an option?Vaduz is at the bottom of Swetzerland league with 5 wins out of 36 games and goal differ. -57 :loon[/quote'] Vaduz were relegated last year Mahno and those games you mention came at the end of May. The 5-0 loss against Basel was inevitable, but I can't explain the loss against Lustenau in their last two friendlies....Are they Liechenstein opposition? Under 2.5 is probably a good call. Also, I think they've signed a few players since then. Notably Franz Bergmeier who played in England for Darlington and plays for Liechenstein. He's a pretty decent winger by all accounts. Not sure if he plays today, but he played the 1st leg.

Vaduz were relegated last year Mahno and those games you mention came at the end of May.
I know mate but since then they only played 2 freindlies so counted last 6 or so games.Tricky game,all depends how Falkirk will play- possible formation 1-10-0 :lol

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Falkirk are a poor side though Mahno and I am only judging my prediction on last week game where Vaduz were the better side. Falkirk have a mainly young developing side, still yet to gel under new manager Eddie May and the physical strength of Vaduz ought to cause them problems tonight.

Next up..... I'm not quite sure how FC Vaduz came to qualify for the Europa league as they were relegated last season, being the worse team in the Swiss Premier league. .
FC Vaduz is a Lichtenstein football team from Vaduz, but playing in the Swiss football system. After the Cup Winners' Cup was abolished, Vaduz have annually entered the Uefa cup as a result of winning the Liechtenstein cup 37 times, by virtue of being the only full-time professional football team in the country. However, they have never got past the qualifying rounds to date. ;)

pacos ferreira vs zimbru chisinau the visitors might be a poor side but the hosts are also a mediocre team from portuguese league first round ended 0:0 and the visitors didn't show any skills to make them so clear favorites for today match.beside that,they cannot play on their on stadium.the game will be played in guimaraes i will backup the moldavian team, x2,from my point of view the stakes are incredibily high 2.7 and up
Just to give a small heads-up about the portuguese team. Dont bet against them...im not backing them because odds are too small, maybe backing in a combo. Paços is a good team, they have some quality players and the club´s budget for the season is 2.5Million against poor Zimbru with only 350.000m. They are playing in Guimaraes, 20km from Paços de Ferreira, so no big diference. They played well in Chisinau, a clear penalty wasn´t awarded, i believe Paços will go forward. GL

Just to give a small heads-up about the portuguese team. Dont bet against them...im not backing them because odds are too small, maybe backing in a combo. Paços is a good team, they have some quality players and the club´s budget for the season is 2.5Million against poor Zimbru with only 350.000m. They are playing in Guimaraes, 20km from Paços de Ferreira, so no big diference. They played well in Chisinau, a clear penalty wasn´t awarded, i believe Paços will go forward. GL
pacos ended 10th last season and they play in EL as the result of being runners up in Taca de Portugal,lost against Porto. in moldova the season is already started,in portugal not.beside that,zimbru has already play 2 officals international games in the firts leg,when they beaten a team from khazakstan.they lost at home,1:2,but they won away with 2:0 at this stage money really doesn't count.look at qarabah vs rosenborg.strong teams use to underestimate the smalle ones at the beginig of competitions as a single bet,x2 worth a shot

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Word on Motherwell v Flamutari. BBC sport reports that several Flamutari "officials" will not travel to Scotland because they have been denied visas. What they mean by officials I am not sure about. However the price of 1.33 for a straight Motherwell win is rediculous. Both sides are very poor. Motherwell lost 9 first team players during the close season and appointed Jim Gannon as the new team manager. They are clearly not as good a side as they were a year or so ago. I m also concerned at the really low odds on Over 2.5 goals. There are no stats to back up the odds. It's very suspicious from my point of view, so I think there will be quite a few goals in this game and that Motherwell will win.

motherwell will win comfortably. they should have won the first leg aswell.
As much as I think Motherwell will win I'd be careful, they are not a good side at all and although they are likely to be better than their opponents tonight, around 1/3 is very very short.

Re: UEFA Europa League » 2009-2010 ( 23 July ) Petrovac are through, well done to the lads, it was a very good performance - personaly, I did not think that they will be able to get through but that is soccer - ANORTOSIS -I JUST CAN NOT BELIVE THAT PETROVAC GO THROUGH... WELL DONE COMPATRIOTS, ODDS FOR PETROVAC WIN BEFORE TWO DAY AGO WAS AROUND @5,99

MTZ- Ripo - Metalurg Metalurg will play with full squad.All players are fit and ready.Metalurg's coach said he wants to win second leg as well.Metalurg looked tired this weekend against Dnipro and could only finish 0-0 but idon't think MTZ will cause Metalurg many problems.MTZ gave up because they know we are stronger! I'm going with under 2.5 here
Sorry guys.Metalurg won 2-1. Metalurg dominated and it should be 2-0 not 2-1. I blame rain.Cheeky MTZ scoerd seconds after rain has stoped and Metalurg just were not ready for this.

Petrovac are through, well done to the lads, it was a very good performance - personaly, I did not think that they will be able to get through but that is soccer - ANORTOSIS -I JUST CAN NOT BELIVE THAT PETROVAC GO THROUGH... WELL DONE COMPATRIOTS, ODDS FOR PETROVAC WIN BEFORE TWO DAY AGO WAS AROUND @5,99
Can't believe Rosenborg and Helsinki are out :loon

EventFC Vaduz vs Falkirk
SelectionFalkirk (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
ReasoningAlthough Falkirk hold a 1-0 lead going into this 2nd leg tie this evening' date= I think they were very fortunate to get away with a victory last week and they will have it all to do in Lithuania tonight. Last week, Vaduz dominated for most of the game and they certainly showed they are no pushovers. As much as I would love to see Falkirk win this, I can't see it happening. Vaduz are a physical side and will pose a huge threato to Falkirks youngsters from set pieces. As I said they were very unfortunate not to get at least a draw last week but they should put things correct back on home turf tonight. Most bookmakers have Falkirk around 7/4 but I am happy to lay at 9/4 as imo they are 3/1+ shots looking at how the game last week panned out.
Vaduz 1-0 up and looks like they are dominating ;)

This is what i just found about Kaunas: After finishing second in 2008 A Lyga championship the club's president announced that the club is moving back to LFF I Lyga,the 2nd league in Lithuanian football system.They said that this is being done because of bad refereeing and fraud of the A Lyga's owners.But this turned out to be worse for Kaunas,who was thrown to LFF II lyga (consisting of amateur teams) for its actions.Kaunas said goodbye to most of the best players and the president told that the club's vision is to search for young talents.So far,the club is doing good,having not conceded a single goal in 5 II Lyga matches it is undoubtedly the favorite of the league.FBK Kaunas will also participate in the new UEFA Europe League as a vice-champ of Lithuania. I think i'll try Sevojno with very small stake :hope
1-1 :sad Can't believe Sevojno coudn't hold on to 1-0

As much as I think Motherwell will win I'd be careful' date=' they are not a good side at all and although they are likely to be better than their opponents tonight, around 1/3 is very very short.[/quote'] true they are not a good side when compared to teams in the spl and respected european leagues, but they are playing an average albanian club. From what I saw in the first leg, (which was played in ridiculous conditions and with appalling officating) motherwell playing at home with full-fit squad, requiring a win, with the experience gained from albania, they will crush them.

EventFC Vaduz vs Falkirk
SelectionFalkirk (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Comfortable :cheers