Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon

The stat was posted after the fact with this match. Perhaps not totally helpful, but not malicious I think and a useful bit of info for others. Certainly that stat would make me less inclined to back the overs in the final.
I dont think anyone said the stat was unhelpful, but the comment about overs being a poor bet was un-necessary IMO. The purpose of this forum is that people can give selections without the worry of being criticized or whatever when they lose, no ?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon Fed most aces @ 4/5, look at these stats and the 4/5 appears to be massive on this alone. In 20 meetings Federer has won the ace count 14 times, Roddick 3 and tied 3. Roddick's three wins came in 2002, 2005 and last year in Miami when Federer was still struggling healthwise. Federer has won the ace count all three times they have played in 2009 (agg 38-23, though one was close); all three times they have played at wimbledon (agg 39-22) and every time they have contested a final.

Re: Wimbledon Both players have been serving well during the tournament and I reckon it could well be difficult for either player to break serve during the first set. I like the look of Federer to win in 4 but I'll be taking Federer to win the first set 7-6 @ 4.9. Looks excellent value to me! Best of luck with your bets.

SportTennis
EventRoger Federer v Andy Roddick
SelectionAndy Roddick +2.5 games
Strength10/10
Date05/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningI think Roddick can keep this match really close, maybe he can win! He plays so well against Murray, and the H2H last few matches he keeps them close! I like to take risk in the final, maybe the prices are very fair so let's take a chance! I see Roddick definately take a set, hopefully Federer wins one on a tiebreak, so this small handicap has big chance. Oh yes!

I will be laying Federer at 1.13 with the intention of backing again at a higher price in-play. That sounds like a fair trading opportunity to me as i think there's a more than evens chance of those odds rising quite a bit. Just imagine a tie-break in the first set, should bring the price to 1.20-1.25 with the first tie-break points. Good enough for me.
Waheeyyyy, first set to Andy, odds on Federer up to 1.35, job done. I love it when a plan comes together. Now to enjoy the rest of the match, go Andy, go Andy, go Andy.

SportTennis
EventPaes/Black v Knowles/Groenefeld
SelectionKnowles/Groenefeld
Strength10/10
Date05/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.83 (Back)
ReasoningI forgot to post this earlier as I was so excited with my Roddick bet! But Knowles/Groenefeld are playing very well and I think have a good chance. They lost 1st set of quarter final against Bryan/Stosur 6-0 but since then they are just playing for fun! Groenefeld is getting better through the tournament and I think she could play very well today! Knowles I like too and he helps Groenefeld so much. Paes/Black is a very good team, but this is mixed doubles and anything can happen!

I was with u gooner, sucked in by the williams family conspirecy. Venus hadn't lost a set since 2007 and hardly a game this Wimbledon. Then all of a sudden she turns to ratshit against the big girl who was lucky to be there. I was warned, should have seen it coming! In the waring threads before, I think Jonesy has been treated somewhat harshly by someone holding the big stick.
It was terrible - couldnt see Venus playing so badly if Dementieva had gotten through.Hate backing the women but was sure she'd win going on form.Need a break from this gambling lark.

Re: Wimbledon Nice handicap bet by Cramer although if it was scratch and thus no handicap Roddick won ONE more game than Federer! :loon Another bet landed for Cramer as Paes/Black lead 5-2 in the 1st set but then they lost ten of the last fourteen games to eventually lose 5-7 3-6! :eek Nice double.

Nice handicap bet by Cramer although if it was scratch and thus no handicap Roddick won ONE more game than Federer! :loon Another bet landed for Cramer as Paes/Black lead 5-2 in the 1st set but then they lost ten of the last fourteen games to eventually lose 5-7 3-6! :eek Nice double.
Thanks man good way to end the tournament:cheers

Fed most aces @ 4/5, look at these stats and the 4/5 appears to be massive on this alone. In 20 meetings Federer has won the ace count 14 times, Roddick 3 and tied 3. Roddick's three wins came in 2002, 2005 and last year in Miami when Federer was still struggling healthwise. Federer has won the ace count all three times they have played in 2009 (agg 38-23, though one was close); all three times they have played at wimbledon (agg 39-22) and every time they have contested a final.
thanks woodie, after reading your post I took a closer look and was all over this, very easy money :D

When JK stands up for himself, again in a non abusive manner, Kev brings out the mod stick and threatens a ban. Saying he'll be a gonner. This is a member with almost 4 years standing and north of 3,000 posts we're talking about. Seems over over the top to me; I'm of the opinion it's ok to argue your case, but the mod stick threat was brought out very quickly and harsly here.
I didn't bring out "the mod stick" because of this one isolated incident. If you look around this forum you'll see this is the 3rd time Jonesy has broken one of the rules we try to adhere to. Firstly he was copying other peoples work and passing it off as his own (something which someone was actually banned earlier in this thread for). And then he was putting wrong prices in another post which I gave him the benefit of the doubt over when he got all defensive and started the oh I'm so hard done by rubbish which as I predicted, this thread started to turn into. And as Stew pointed out, it's uncanny how he's involved in a lot of arguements too. Not just with me but there's one with a newcomer in the UK footy section. So it's only the fact that he's been here for almost 4 years with lots of posts why I didn't ban him straight away but if he thinks he's going to keep on breaking rules which other's find pretty easy to follow then he's mistaken. I'm closing the thread before it turns into Jonesy's hard done by mark 2 but before I do well done to everyone who made some dosh over a great 2 weeks of tennis which culminated in an epic mens final.