** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Fintron's Flat Thread 2009 - Final Profit +478.17 pts

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread 2009 - Final Profit +478.17 pts Fantastic profit, knew I had read this thread but forgot to comment on it. Have you considered increasing your stakes or are you happy with them as they are? You can clearly pick winners and make money, would more money on them cloud your judgement and put unwanted pressure on you or would you take it in your stride? I think you'd do well for the next flat season and could probably double that profit. :ok

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread 2009 - Final Profit +478.17 pts Great stuff Fin. Ever since your first PL meet, profit has been growing - must have been all that p*ssed up 'advice' you received:lol. Seriously, brilliant stuff mate and you really have put a load of effort in and that has paid off massively, well done & well deserved:clap. 2 points, if I may: * don't rest on your laurels & don't assume that you have it sussed. I really made that mistake after the first year of my thread. I know you will continue to put in the effort in so have faith that profits will raise again next season:ok * do you really want to focus on the jumps? Maybe consider toning down your winter betting or concentrate on the AW? Can you really put all that effort into both codes of racing? No issue either way but think it's something you should have a think about:ok

Fantastic profit' date=' knew I had read this thread but forgot to comment on it. Have you considered increasing your stakes or are you happy with them as they are? You can clearly pick winners and make money, would more money on them cloud your judgement and put unwanted pressure on you or would you take it in your stride? I think you'd do well for the next flat season and could probably double that profit. :ok[/quote'] Be interested in your answer to this. As written in the Veitch book, it's the 'mad axeman' approach:D

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread 2009 - Final Profit +478.17 pts Thanks for the comments lads. I don't think upping my stakes would cloud judgement Phil, as I wouldn't up them to anything near the level of a professional, and it would only be when I was betting several hundred quid per bet that I would get jittery as then you are potentially chucking away a mortgage payment with a couple of losing bets. I would only ever up my stakes if my betting bank was large enough to accomodate those larger stakes too. A big win on Tagula Night at Lingfield did give me a nice amount of money to play with this season and stepping up stakes and playing out of that profit didn't cloud my judgement as I always knew it would take a dozen or so bets at maxiumum strength (when my average bet size was probably about half to a third of maixmum) to wipe out the bank. So there was always a bit of a comfort zone there if you like. Profits grew so I actually upped stakes a second time during the season, but had to quickly drop them back down due to a poor September, but overall got myself into a strong position to start with and stayed in profit. As for next season, I don't think I will be looking to up stakes, mainly because I will have other priorities next year and with more responsibilies it would be irresponsible of me to carry on as I have this year. So no mad axeman for the time being. RE your question about focussing on the jumps, Russ. I remain a flat punter at heart but what I meant in my previous post was that the type of flat racing that is being served up at this stage of the season I find a bit of a turn off. It seems to be all low grade stuff and inconsistent horses squeezing in runs at the back end of long seasons, and freak results seem to be happening. The same can also be said of the AW. For example, today at Wolverhampton Fitzolini just beat Vamos in the 3.15. That is a horrible result and only the most desperate of punter could have perhaps sided with that out of form winner, whilst the well handicapped Vamos was unplaced, which is crazy. At the back end of the AW season before similar things seemed to be happening too and I don't have the faith in the AW like I did before, I don't trust it as much anymore. I will still be playing on the AW but for the first time I am really excited about the NH racing. In the past I have bundled around NH without a focus and never had any proper success, but with the staying handicaps I have found a little niche. I really enjoy reading the races as they are something different after seven months of flat, and they are more exciting to watch. So I still aim to study both codes, it is just that within NH I will only be looking at handicap chases (3m+) in the main, which is only a couple of a races or so a day to look at. I have really enjoyed the flat as a whole this season and my enthusiasm will have returned come the Lincoln for sure.