** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NH Novice Hurdlers

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers Round Up 2 of the 3 races yesterday went to newcomers, the one at Cheltenham a real surprise to me but not those connected to Champion Court, he was backed all day and won with some authority, this could be a nice horse for the future, it certainly devalued the Irish form. Andhaar won at MRasen, although it would have been closer had Bow Badger jumped the second last properly. Stakes: 1433pts Returns: 1482.25pts Profit : 49.25pts Yield : 3.43% Top Rated Stakes : 995 pts Returns: 993.75 pts Profit: -1.25 pts Yield : -0.12%

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1250 Leics*: 88 Call It On, 84 My Brother Sylvest, 81 Silver Roque 100 Plum*: 90 Beau Fighter, 66 Mister Fantastic, 54 Union Island 200 Plum: 97 Frontier Spirit, 90 Paint The Clouds, 86 Twin Bud Preview; At Leicester its very ordinary stuff but fav Alarazi from the Lucy Wadham yard will be interesting on his comeback, was highly tried before being injured and this is an easy race if hes fit, of those with form Call It On is just the best. At Plumpton the first race Lucy Wadham sends out a bumper horse Aviador who has been third three times, this time she may have Beau Fighter to beat who before he was pulled up last time had decent form, he's had a spin on the flat so should be fit. The last novice race their is more competative, Frontier Spirit won at Perth before going down to Carribs Leap, that was decent stuff and must go close here. Paint THe Clouds won a poor race at Stratford and may find the penalty too much. Jetnova and Native Gallery are dangers who both needed their runs last time and could step up but will need to to get involved.

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1240 Folk: 92 Khafre, 88 Whipperway, 78 Miss Miracle 110 Folk*: 88 Lomitaar, 87 Oscar Prairie, 79 Top Smart 200 Fak: 85 Gulf Punch, 83 Doyenne Dream, 82 Joan D'Arc Preview; Two juvenile races today, the one at Fakenham sees some exposed types going at it again, Gulf Punch and Joan D'Arc have both won twice and carry double penalties, i much prefer Gulf Punch of the two but may get caught out with the weight to an improver. Rare Malt and Fine Lace both ran average debuts and could progress. At Folkestone a slightly better contest, Khafre and Whipperway have useful form but both were well beaten in the listed event recently and not much between them. Miss Miracle may improve as the stable often bring them on slowly and Pepite Rose ran no race on debut but has form in France so could be closer this time. The one novice hurdle is headed by a newcomer in Vesey Lodge, he won a point and a bumper and wont find many softer races to start his hurdling career. The best of those with form is possibly Lomitaar, he won back in July so has the absence aswell as the penalty to overcome. No Bet

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 200 War*: 91 Youralltalk, 89 The Old Pretender, 85 Habbie Simpson 300 War*: 80 Prince Of Denial, 73 Jumpjack Flint, 61 Richmond 110 Hex: 91 Blenheim Brook, 84 Lackamon, 78 Noble Scholar 340 Hex*: Only Manxman rated. Preview; Two races at each meeting, lots of runners at Warwick and both races have newcomers heading the market so a bit of EW value is probably the way to go. The first race sees Dont Turn Back make his debut for Nicholls, a dual bumper winner and well regarded. Habbie Simpson won last time at Wetherby and the form has been boosted by the second that day. The Old Pretender comes back after over 500 days off but will be fit knowing the stable and AP gets the ride on Youralltalk who was a decent second on his only start over hurdles. The other race there is a warm fav in High Benefit, the mare was impressive when winning a bumper and then was third in the big race at Punchestown, she really ought to win here for Alan King. Not a lot of form to look at elsewhere, I suppose Prince Of Denial has the best form but didnt look to progressive last time and it wouldnt surprise me to see other unexposed types chasing the fav home. At Hexham the last race is a juvenile event but only Manxman has any form and he's priced accordingly. The first race is more competative and the three market leaders have ran recently. Blenheim Brook and Noble Scholar met last time with the latter coming out on top and should do so again really as Belnheim Brook looks a chaser in time and Noble Scholar was having his first run and should improve further. Lackamon has had three goes now and hasnt looked a future winner, he will like the ground though. Bet; 300 War: High Benefit 4pts (10/11 bet365)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 220 Win: 93 Vico, 89 Ceepeegee, 86 Inner Steel 100 Her: 88 Freckle Face, 84 Ultravox, 82 Harry Hunt 1240 MR: 88 Pie At Midnight, 87 Ataglance, 86 Dear Sam Preview; Three races, one at each meeting and all are interesting races for a change. Start with the juveniles at Hereford, Franklino is a warm fav, more on reputation than anything, he disappointed when beaten on debut but is supposed to have come on for that, on bare figures he needs to aswell but is very short in the market. Freckle Face is a big price here at 20/1. Over at Wincanton all eyes will be on Vico, second to Triggerman this time last year but hasnt been seen since, that form is well up to winning this and you would have thought he will be fit first time up. Ceepeegee is interesting from the Tizzard stable, been running in better races than this and although hasnt cut much ice he looks a real stayer and this trip could see him get involved. The race at Market Rasen revolves around Dear Sam, he was second to Cue Card hence the price but was beaten easily and may be a bit misleading, the 8/13 on offer doesnt appeal to me to be honest. I tipped up Ataglance last time and i'm sure he was not given a challenging ride, be interesting here at a price. Bets; 1240 MR: Ataglance 1pt EW (14/1 bet365) 100 Her: Freckle Face 1pt EW (20/1 PP) 220 Win: Ceepeegee 1pt EW (14/1 bet365)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers Good winner there, mate. Won cosily. I had him in my notebook, but I thought they'll be protecting handicap mark. Your Notes: ran on interestingly to get 4th.. could be well handicapped.. check if they go over further nto in handicaps Would still be well handicapped though. Jockey hardly touched him today.

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers Milen, I thought it would run in a handicap too but the 10 day ban the jockey got that day sort of gave the game away and the race would have been ignored by the handicapper so had to have another run. Stakes: 1443pts Returns: 1508.78pts Profit : 65.78pts Yield : 4.55% Top Rated Stakes : 1007 pts Returns: 996.38 pts Profit: -10.62 pts Yield : -1.05%

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1245 Exe*: 87 Renard D'Irelande, 81 The Chazer, 67 Peveril Pandora 1225 Mus*: 75 Sallys Idea, 72 Black Rock Lane, 56 Lastroseofsummer 235 Muss*: 91 Dhaular Dhar, 87 Michelles Express, 50 Real Desire 100 Ascot*: 102 Frascati Park, 88 Lidar, 87 Made In Time Preview; Not much time so briefly, the first race at Musselburgh is dire and wont take much winning, the other one is dominated by the Irish horse Michelles Express who has fair form, Dhualar Dhar who has one good run over hurdles but struggles to stay and newcomer Arabian Spirit who has fair flat form. Over at Exeter its very low key stuff and fav Renard D'Irlande looks solid enough and all of the stables horses have improved for a run, danger maybe the Hobbs debutant. At Ascot a good quality race in which the monkey Frascati Park has by far the best overall form, if on song could go close, the fav is the Henderson horse Sprinter Sacre who has a big reputation and obvioulsy will be no surprise to see him win in this grade. Bets; 100 Asc: Frascati Park 1pt EW (4/1 WH bog) 225 Mus: Dhaular Dhar 1pt EW (11/1 VCBet)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers Round Up Good couple of days, nice to see Frascati Park get an easy lead, he enjoys his own company and has stopped when headed before but was in fine form today, the jock said the track suited and will be going back there at sometime. The fav and runner up looked to be going the best two out but only stayed on at the one pace, maybe a step up in trip for him eventually or a more testing track. Dhualar Dhar did what it said on the tin but bumped into a 100/1 debutant, cant do much about that but a profit is welcome, he may nick one of these but must be on decent ground on a sharp track i feel. The winner didnt do anything wrong and won well in the end. Bets; 100 Asc: Frascati Park 1pt EW (4/1 WH bog) WON 225 Mus: Dhaular Dhar 1pt EW (11/1 VCBet) 2nd Stakes: 1447pts Returns: 1518.78pts Profit : 71.78pts Yield : 4.96% Top Rated Stakes : 1011 pts Returns: 1000.71 pts Profit: -10.29 pts Yield : -1.01%

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1220 Asc*: 97 Jurisdiction, 90 Representingceltic, 90 Wyck Hill 1240 Hay: 97 Dunraven Storm, 97 Toubab, 96 Pure Faith 1230 Hnt*: 87 Risaala, 86 Good Falou, 81 Cherokee Story 140 Hnt: 86 Akula, 86 Jolly Roger, 84 Royal Etiquette Preview; At Ascot we start with a class 2 event and i cant help thinking its not the best race of its kind, Nicholls has the fav, the debutant Rebel Rebellion, did well in bumpers before being well beaten in the big Aintree race. Jurisdiction has won his last two but this is a big step up with the penalties but due to the lack of depth on show he may find a place. Representingceltic showed promise last time when second at Kempton and looks the value. At Haydock we have a small field but a real puzzle, Dunraven Storm went into many notebooks when second to Cue Card last week but its not an easy race with winning form from Pure Faith and the return of Toubab who was second in a grade 2 race at Kempton last season. Drill Sergeant makes up the field and he won well last time but has his quirks. Over at Huntingdon we gave two races, the juvenile event is interesting with a bit of form to work on, Akula has won already and Jolly Roger shaped well on his debut and wont be much between them here. Il Portico didnt really improve from his debut and Royal Etiquette may run well at a price. The other race is a Mares event, Risaala looked all over the winner at Towcester last time but was mugged on the line and should run well but this is so different from Towcester. Good Falou hasnt ran since March but has solid form and a danger could be the Lucy Wadham debutant who won a bumper last season. Bet: 140 Hnt: Royal Etiquette 1pt EW (22/1 VCBet) 1220 Asc: Representingceltic 1pt EW (6/1 Lads)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers Round Up Rebel Rebellion was a disappointment in the Ascot race, he had nothing to give in the home straight and the finish was between two other debutants, the winner Time For Spring was impressive, well backed and could follow up. Representingceltic made one or two errors but no complaints and happy to collect the place money. Risaala won the mares race at Huntingdon very easily, heavily backed from 11/4 into 6/4 and the result was never in doubt. Good Falou should be given another chance, he was messed about and maybe needed this run aswell. Dunraven Storm was a flop in the 4 runner listed event, probably the race didnt suit and was a bit quick after the race last week, either way the winner Toubab won very well and looks a smart hurdler in the making. The juvenile race went to Jolly Roger in a close finish with Akula, they were clear of the rest and my EW selection Royal Etiquette was a disappoinment. Bet: 140 Hnt: Royal Etiquette 1pt EW (22/1 VCBet) lost 1220 Asc: Representingceltic 1pt EW (6/1 Lads) 3rd Stakes: 1451pts Returns: 1520.98pts Profit : 69.98pts Yield : 4.82% Top Rated Stakes : 1015 pts Returns: 1007.34 pts Profit: -7.66 pts Yield : -0.75%

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1215 Kel: No Ratings above 70 305 Kel: 87 Identity Parade, 83 Torta Nel Cielo, 81 Collyns Avenue 1225 Tow: 83 Kaituna, 77 Catch The Rascal, 77 My Viking Bay 130 Tow: 77 Antoella, 69 Royal Torbo, 68 Big Talk 1205 Ain*: 83 Brother Bob, 81 Midnight Opera, 76 Art Broker Preview; Very poor stuff tomorrow in fact the first race at Kelso is the worst race in quality I have looked at for weeks, looks ripe for a newcomer like Lady Bluesky. Identity Parade has won two but carries penalties and may find one of the improvers too good in the other race there, What A Dream, Torto Nel Cielo and Collyns Avenue the main contenders. At Towcester Kaituna could be good enough to defy his penalty in a poor race and the seller could go to any one of about four or five, Antoella ran well at Wetherby and could go close. The best race is at Aintree without doubt, the Nicholls camp run Current Event who ran second in France and has Brother Bob to beat who's stable are flying at the moment. Art Broker and Midnight Opera could run well at bigger prices. No bet at the moment, if a value bet can be found in the morning i will add it then.

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers Round Up Brother Bob ran well in the first at Aintree to finish second, the winner was Midnight Opera at 12/1 to make it a 1-2 for the ratings. A much improved run was this but amazing how the smaller trainers get ignored despite solid form in the book. The fav was a major disappointment but no value whatsoever. Poor day at Towcester with Kaituna falling on the first circuit leaving the way clear for the odds on fav Malindi Bay, may be one to oppose next time. Royal Torbo was a touch unlucky in the seller, fell at the last when just in front, it was a messy finish and he may have held on. At Kelso 10/1 shot Torta Nel Cielo beat Identity Parade for another 1-2 in a tight finish, the runner up ran a blinder under the penalties. Collyns Avenue was heavily backed into 7/1 but could never get competative and finished about sixth. 1205 Ain: Bother Bob 1pt EW (14/1 Boyles) 2nd 305 Kelso: Collyns Avenue 1pt EW (14/1 Bet365) lost Stakes: 1455pts Returns: 1524.78pts Profit : 69.78pts Yield : 4.79% Top Rated Stakes : 1019 pts Returns: 1007.34 pts Profit: -11.66 pts Yield : -1.15%

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1240 Lud: 87 Flichity, 86 JayJ, 85 Natureofthebeast 120 Ffos: 93 Duneen Point, 87 Alpine Breeze, 86 Be My Deputy 1230 Kem*: 95 George Nympton, 90 Calusa Shadow, 88 Captain Sully Preview; At Ffos Las the first race is a juvenile event but hardly any form on offer so will bypass that, the second race Teaforthree is fav with AP ridng, he was second in low grade race at Chepstow, he steps up to 3 miles quickly so obviously expected to improve over this trip. Alpine Breeze won easily here over C/D last time and should be in the shake up. One at a bigger price is Duneen Point, races for a new stable after some fair efforts in Ireland. At Ludlow the novice race only has 6 runners but four of them have some sort of chance on the book. Jay J and Natureofthebeast won last time while Milgen Bay made a promising debut at Huntingdon. Flichity has looked disappointing but upped in trip here and could be dangerous if he stays in this ground. Over at Kempton we see the debut of Bobs Worth from the Henderson yard, he will be a short price and expected to follow up his bumper win here last season. If George Nympton could recapture his best form he could give the fav a race but has flopped twice this season and seems out of sorts, this drop in grade maybe his last chance. Nicholls runs Violin Days, he won a bumper at Fontwell last month and is respected. Bet; 1230 Kem: George Nympton 1pt EW (14/1 bet365)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 120 Lin: 85 Ragdollianna, 79 L'Accordioniste, 73 Gallant Star 220 Lin: 93 Latin America, 91 Recession Proof, 89 Brackloon High 100 Sed: 87 Sophonie, 86 Boragh Princess, 78 Dorabelle 200 Sed: 86 Marsh Warbler, 82 Al Dafa Preview; Two races at each meeting today, Sedgefield has a juvenile event and features two previous winners in Al Dafa and Marsh Warbler, not much on the book between them but the extra penalty Al Dafa carries could be the difference. The Mares race is quite comeptative and fav Dorabelle looks to follow up her comfortable win last time, not sure that form is too great and Boragh Princess could make the weight concession tell, Sophonie is dangerous too on her debut form if she has progressed. At Lingfield it will be testing as per usual, in the first L'Accordioniste will be no price to follow up the success at Uttoxeter, it was heavy that day too but the race was awful and i'm not sure its worth ploughing in at 1/3. Ragdollianna has some fair form and has been racing on the flat lately, has ran well in soft but not as deep as it will be today. The other race there is interesting with three having form capable of winning in this grade. Brackloon High won well on debut and has plenty of scope, Recession Proof won at Carlisle and then was second to Dunraven Storm in a much higher grade, that is probably the best piece of form on offer today. Latin America recieves the weight and has had a few goes without winning although his second to Mistree Dancer in the Heavy was a very good effort, he ran poorly on debut this season though so has questions to answer. Bet; 120 Lin: Ragdollianna 1pt EW (5/1 VCBet bog)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 120 Weth: 93 Palace Jester, 92 Sweet Irony, 84 Jack The Gent 225 Weth*: 71 Plus Ultra, 66 Ibn Hiyyan, 64 Dhaafer 250 Chep: 87 Educated Evans, 80 Mics Delight, 79 Grey Wulf Preview; The race at Chepstow has plenty of form to go on and a few that look capable of improving their rating after decent debuts. Educated Evans is the only previous winner in the field and looks to have a job on to defy the penalty, he won at Stratford over further so will stay this well. Grey Wul caught the eye when patiently ridden behind Mr Hudson, i expect him to be more competative today. Mics Delight was fourth in a poor race at Uttoxeter but he too can step up on that run. At Wetherby the juvenile race looks like going to a newcomer as those that have ran havnt shown enough yet to look likely winners, Local Hero with AP booked for the Gollings team is the probable winner. The first race there looks between Palace Jester and Sweet Irony, both ran similar races last time, if forced i'd go for Palace Jester, the race he was in looked slightly better. I thought Fairynuff ran well to a point on debut and may do better in time. Bet: 250 Chep: Grey Wulf 1pt EW (8/1 PP)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 100 New: 83 Line Freedom, 83 Hill Forts Gloria, 82 Sparky May, Alverstone 110 Taun: 88 That'll Do, 88 My Brother Sylvest, 86 Nicene Creed 1220 Utt: 90 Silver Gypsy, 67 Frankie Falco, 64 Sacco D'Oro 125 Uttx: 88 My Boy Paddy, 85 Definite Dawn, 81 Bled Preview; 4 races today and it could be a day for the favs, That'll Do, Silver Gypsy and My Boy Paddy all look pretty solid. At Newbury we have a very interesting Mares event, 4 previous winners and nothing to choose between them really, Sparky May carries the extra penalty so obvioulsy has the rough end of it here. Line Freedom won at Towcester and the runner up has hacked up since so that form looks good. Alvertsone won well at Chepstow after chasing home Peddlers Cross before that and probably has the more scope. At Uttoxeter Silver Gypsy looks head and shoulders above the opposition apart from the debutant from the Evan Williams stablw who could be anything. The other race there sees My Boy Paddy heading the market after his solid effort when second to Kilcrea Kim, thats much the best form on offer although Definite Dawn is improving. At Taunton That'll Do from the Nicholls team looks set to follow up his easy win last time, Nicene Creed is well thought of but was well beaten in Cue Cards race last time. No Bet

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 1230 New: 89 Dolatulo, 64 Meglio Ancora, 61 Professeur Emery 315 New*: 84 Featherbed Lane, 81 Ohio Gold, 69 Smoking 1240 Muss: 89 Meetings Man, 87 Makbullet, 87 Almutaham 150 Muss: 87 Jago River, 85 Mini Beck, 74 Latin Connection Preview; At Newbury today the first race is a juvenile event and Dolatulo looks to have an easy chance to follow up his debut success. Meglio Ancora was behind him that day but was making some headway at the finish. The last race there is a class 3 event but the field look a bit average to be honest apart from the Henderson newcomer Kid Cassidy. Of those that have ran Ohio Gold and Fetherbed Lane could run well in this grade. At Musselburgh Meetings Man heads the 3yo race, he has won twice and was second in a decent race last time and could well defy the penalties, he has to give a stone to Makbullet and the newcomer The Starboard Bow which wont be easy. The other race doesnt look that competative with Mini Beck setting the standard but Jago River was running very well in a better race last time when falling at the last, he probably has more scope at the moment. Bet; 1230 New: Meglio Ancora 1pt EW (40/1 PP)

Re: NH Novice Hurdlers 11.55 New: 84 Dona, 68 Shalambar, 64 Eastern Supreme Preview; Due to the weather only one meeting on tomorrow and only one race to look at. Its not a very satisfactory race with only Dona of those that have raced rated above the minimum thought capable of winning a race, he won last time in a handicap and is open to a little bit of improvement but whether capable of beating some of the debutants here is another matter. Henderson runs Secret World, hasnt ran for 2 years but was rated over 100 on the flat. Lombok was another half decent flat horse and Vesey Lodge has a bumper history which is pretty good. All in all it looks a hot race which we may get a few winners for the future, doubt if i will have a bet unless Dona is a daft price and value.