UEFA Cup ( 30 April )

Bagzi

Thursday 30 April 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Dynamo Kyiv v Shakhtar (17:30BST) 2.10 3.45 4.10 100.99 % Details »
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v Shakhtar
Werder Bremen v Hamburger SV (19:45BST) 2.00 3.65 4.30 100.65 % Details »
Hide « Werder Bremen v Hamburger SV

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) For Dynamo Kiev vs Shakhtar Donetsk, away goals are going to be winners. It may sound stupid, but I feel it's true moreso this time because I expect both sides to win their home games. Kiev are more reliable when it comes to winning games and have been very convincing in all competitions this year, perhaps the best they've been since the days of Shevchenko, Rebrov, Belkevich, Fedorov etc. Shakhtar are the money side with a lot of South Americans in their squad. This really could work against them because the majority of Kiev's players have played in tough leagues in Europe, they know how to make their presence felt. That said, the visitors have more flair than the hosts. I have to favour a victory for the home side here; I've got 2-0 in my head, but 2-1 wouldn't be out of the question if one of Shakhtar's numerous Brazilian contingent manage to steal a goal from somewhere.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) Dynamo Kiev v Shakhtar H2H 2007/2008 FRIEND CL Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 1:1 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2007/2008 UKR SC Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 2:2

2007/2008 UKR 1 Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 2:1

2006/2007 UKR SC Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 2:0

2006/2007 UKR 1 Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 1:0

2006/2007 UKR CUP Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 2:1

2005/2006 UKR 1 Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 1:1

2004/2005 UKR SC Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 1:1

2004/2005 UKR 1 Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 0:2

2004/2005 UKR SC Dynamo K. - Shakhtar 1:1

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) Shakhtar +0.5 looks good.Also under 2.5 goals lloks like good bet as i don't think we'll see many goals.Shakhtar will defend and play on counter attacks.Kiev is a young and ambitious team but Shakhtar players have more experience.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April )

Like who?
By "tough leagues", I mean the more gritty and tenacious leagues. For example: Vukojevic - Croatian Prva Liga Eremenko - Italian Serie A Bangoura - French Ligue 1 Diakhate - French Ligue 1 Ninkovic - Serbian Superliga Asatiani - Russian Premier League Just to name a few. At least half of their average match-day squad has played in Ukraine for some time also, which again, is another tough league. That is what my point is directed toward.

By "tough leagues", I mean the more gritty and tenacious leagues. For example: Vukojevic - Croatian Prva Liga Eremenko - Italian Serie A Bangoura - French Ligue 1 Diakhate - French Ligue 1 Ninkovic - Serbian Superliga Asatiani - Russian Premier League Just to name a few. At least half of their average match-day squad has played in Ukraine for some time also, which again, is another tough league. That is what my point is directed toward.
I see where you coming from Mozzi but: Eremenko,Asatiani and Ninkovich don't play much .Diakhate is good player,Bangoura is not in very good form at the moment...For me Shakhtar looks more organised but we shall wait for starting line-up...My main bet will be under 2.5 also number of cards over 4.5.

Really hard game to predict. OK i made my mind now: D.Kiev v Shakhtar under 2.5 @1.6 bet365 D.Kiev v Shakhtar over 4.5 cards @1.66 Only small stakes. GL :ok
Not sure about the second bet. even if initially I also thought about this bet, I have seen that 5 players from Shakhtar have a yellow card and another one would lead to there suspension for the next mach. If you go to Uefa.com you will see that coach Lucescu also mentioned that he will have to keep that in mind because he does not afford to loose players. anyhow good luck :ok:ok "the Romanian who, while free of injury concerns, admits he will have to "bear in mind" the five players a yellow card away from a ban." Really curios to hear what Zico has to say about Werder - Hamburg :notworthy:)

i was thinking both teams to score in Dynamo Kiev vs Shakhtar Donetsk? 1.90 bwin what do you think?
I don't want to mislead you mate,very hard game.Every game between those 2 is a fight.It's like yesterday,many people expected Arsenal 2 score but they failed,Barca v Chelsea 0-0...could be same scenario,could be many goals.I'm only playing with very small stakes,don't want too loose my profit from yesterday :tongue2 But GL if you go for it :ok

Not sure about the second bet. even if initially I also thought about this bet, I have seen that 5 players from Shakhtar have a yellow card and another one would lead to there suspension for the next mach. If you go to Uefa.com you will see that coach Lucescu also mentioned that he will have to keep that in mind because he does not afford to loose players. anyhow good luck :ok:ok "the Romanian who, while free of injury concerns, admits he will have to "bear in mind" the five players a yellow card away from a ban." Really curios to hear what Zico has to say about Werder - Hamburg :notworthy:)
Good point :ok But it's a different story on the pitch...

Someone who has some good tips in the North German Top Match between Werder Bremen v Hamburger SV ?? :)
Not sure I i have good tips but considering the absences from Hamburg and the fact that they are loosing momentum right now, with the defeat from the cup and the last game in the bundesliga I would go for Werder here, or cover the draw with a -0,25 handicap... 1,6 is a decent odd for this.

Someone who has some good tips in the North German Top Match between Werder Bremen v Hamburger SV ?? :)
For the german cup i felt quite good with my under bet but this is a different format and i would not bet on the under or the over. It is true that Hamburg lost momentum and has problems at the moment but it is not the case that they played bad football in both lost mathces at the end the result was not there. The second point for Werder is the psychological advantage after winning the fist match in the german cup and they are inform at the moment. Overall i would stay away and it is a no bet match a derby and nice to watch. It is very hart to predict. I see also no real value according to the odds.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) Werder Bremen v Hamburg SV - 7.45 PM UK Referee: Howard Webb When these 2 teams meet they don't do friendly! Recent Head to Heads: Date: 22/04/09 DFB Pokal Semi Final - Hamburg 1 v 1 Bremen - Bremen win on pens 5 Yellow Cards & 1 Straight Red Card Y = Guerrero (H) 21 mins - Silva (H) 71 mins - Mathijsen (H) 86 mins - Almeida (B) 86 mins - Demel (H) 90 mins R = Jarolim (H) 90 mins Date: 23/11/08 Bundesliga - Hamburg 2 v 1 Bremen - 5 Yellow Cards Baumann (B) 40 mins - Silva (H) 44 mins - Boateng (H) 72 mins - Reinhardt (H) 79 mins - Diego (B) 90 mins Date: 07/05/08 Bundesliga - Hamburg 0 v 1 Bremen - 9 Yellow Cards & 2 Red Cards (1 straight red) Y = Baumann (B) 35 mins - Jensen (B) 38 mins - Wiese (B) 42 mins - Rosenberg (B) 45 mins, Van Der Vaart (H) 56 mins - Boateng (H) 79 mins - Borowski (B) 80 mins, Naldo (B) 87 mins, Atouba (H) 90 mins R = Baumann (B) 57 mins (2nd yellow), Vranies (B) 90 mins (straight red) Date: 01/12/07 Bundesliga - Bremen 2 v 1 Hamburg - 4 Yellow Cards De Jong (H) 21 mins, Van Der Vaart (H) 25 mins, Baumann (B) 33 mins, Jarolim (H) 73 mins Date: 17/02/07 Bundesliga - Bremen 0 v 2 Hamburg - 6 Yellow Cards Laas (H) 21 mins, Jensen (B) 49 mins, Diego (B) 49 mins, Mahdivikia (H) 69 mins, Jarolim (H) 77 mins, Mertesacker (B) 90 mins Date: 23/09/06 Bundesliga - Hamburg 1 v 1 Bremen - 5 Yellow Cards & 1 Straight Red Card Y= Wome (B) 9 mins, De Jong (H) 41 mins, Baumann (B) 59 mins, Fritz (B) 85 mins, Mathijsen (H) 88 mins R= Mahdavikia (H) 73 mins (straight red) Date: 13/05/06 Bundesliga - Hamburg 1 v 2 Bremen - 5 Yellow Cards Boulahrouz (H) 14 mins, Borowski (B) 19 mins, Ailton (H) 55 mins, Demel (H) 66 mins, Jarolim (H) 83 mins Date: 18/12/05 Bundesliga - Bremen 1 v 1 Hamburg - 8 Yellow Cards Atouba (H) 24 mins, Klose (B) 39 mins, Naldo (B) 47 mins, Omowovela (B) 53 mins, Barbarez (H) 70 mins, Baumann (B) 71 mins, Pasanen (B) 73 mins, Demel (H) 78 mins Date: 09/04/05 Bundesliga - Hamburg 1 v 2 Bremen - 6 Yellow Cards Pasanen (B) 30 mins, Schlike (H) 45 mins, Jensen (B) 52 mins, Beinlich (H) 59 mins, Magnin (B) 67 mins, Benjamin (H) 69 mins Date: 30/10/04 Bundesliga - Bremen 1 v 1 Hamburg - 6 Yellow Cards 10 games played 59 Yellow cards 4 Red cards 3 Straight Red cards Worst Offender - Baumann (Bremen) 5 Yellow Cards & 1 Red Card in 8 games played! Howard Webb today's referee has ref'd in 2 recent European Champions League fixtures: Date: 24/02/09 - Atletico Madrid 2 v 2 Porto - 4 Yellow Cards Date: 01/10/08 - Shakhtar Donetsk 1 v 2 Baracelona - 8 Yellow Cards Howard Webb Season Stats 08/09 http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=referee&RefID=18076&season=2008&CompID=&RefCompType=&StatType=byRecordSeason 41 games 139 Yellow Cards 5 Red Cards His most recent domestic encounter was the rather feisty Man Utd v Tottenham game which finished 5 v 2 to Utd after Webb gave a very dubious penalty early in the 2nd half Utd when Tottenham were 2 v 0 up! During that game he handed out 6 yellow cards He's a referee who is not scared to put a player's name in his book and with the 2 teams who contest tonight's clash this all mixes up for a high card count! Predictions: Card Index Yellow Card=10 Points Red Card=25 points. 25 to 45 points @3.00 William Hill Over 45 points @2.00 William Hill Time of First Booking Up to & Including the 28 Mins @1.93 Paddypower :ok

Werder Bremen v Hamburg SV - 7.45 PM UK Referee: Howard Webb When these 2 teams meet they don't do friendly! Recent Head to Heads: Date: 22/04/09 DFB Pokal Semi Final - Hamburg 1 v 1 Bremen - Bremen win on pens 5 Yellow Cards & 1 Straight Red Card Y = Guerrero (H) 21 mins - Silva (H) 71 mins - Mathijsen (H) 86 mins - Almeida (B) 86 mins - Demel (H) 90 mins R = Jarolim (H) 90 mins Date: 23/11/08 Bundesliga - Hamburg 2 v 1 Bremen - 5 Yellow Cards Baumann (B) 40 mins - Silva (H) 44 mins - Boateng (H) 72 mins - Reinhardt (H) 79 mins - Diego (B) 90 mins Date: 07/05/08 Bundesliga - Hamburg 0 v 1 Bremen - 9 Yellow Cards & 2 Red Cards (1 straight red) Y = Baumann (B) 35 mins - Jensen (B) 38 mins - Wiese (B) 42 mins - Rosenberg (B) 45 mins, Van Der Vaart (H) 56 mins - Boateng (H) 79 mins - Borowski (B) 80 mins, Naldo (B) 87 mins, Atouba (H) 90 mins R = Baumann (B) 57 mins (2nd yellow), Vranies (B) 90 mins (straight red) Date: 01/12/07 Bundesliga - Bremen 2 v 1 Hamburg - 4 Yellow Cards De Jong (H) 21 mins, Van Der Vaart (H) 25 mins, Baumann (B) 33 mins, Jarolim (H) 73 mins Date: 17/02/07 Bundesliga - Bremen 0 v 2 Hamburg - 6 Yellow Cards Laas (H) 21 mins, Jensen (B) 49 mins, Diego (B) 49 mins, Mahdivikia (H) 69 mins, Jarolim (H) 77 mins, Mertesacker (B) 90 mins Date: 23/09/06 Bundesliga - Hamburg 1 v 1 Bremen - 5 Yellow Cards & 1 Straight Red Card Y= Wome (B) 9 mins, De Jong (H) 41 mins, Baumann (B) 59 mins, Fritz (B) 85 mins, Mathijsen (H) 88 mins R= Mahdavikia (H) 73 mins (straight red) Date: 13/05/06 Bundesliga - Hamburg 1 v 2 Bremen - 5 Yellow Cards Boulahrouz (H) 14 mins, Borowski (B) 19 mins, Ailton (H) 55 mins, Demel (H) 66 mins, Jarolim (H) 83 mins Date: 18/12/05 Bundesliga - Bremen 1 v 1 Hamburg - 8 Yellow Cards Atouba (H) 24 mins, Klose (B) 39 mins, Naldo (B) 47 mins, Omowovela (B) 53 mins, Barbarez (H) 70 mins, Baumann (B) 71 mins, Pasanen (B) 73 mins, Demel (H) 78 mins Date: 09/04/05 Bundesliga - Hamburg 1 v 2 Bremen - 6 Yellow Cards Pasanen (B) 30 mins, Schlike (H) 45 mins, Jensen (B) 52 mins, Beinlich (H) 59 mins, Magnin (B) 67 mins, Benjamin (H) 69 mins Date: 30/10/04 Bundesliga - Bremen 1 v 1 Hamburg - 6 Yellow Cards 10 games played 59 Yellow cards 4 Red cards 3 Straight Red cards Worst Offender - Baumann (Bremen) 5 Yellow Cards & 1 Red Card in 8 games played! Howard Webb today's referee has ref'd in 2 recent European Champions League fixtures: Date: 24/02/09 - Atletico Madrid 2 v 2 Porto - 4 Yellow Cards Date: 01/10/08 - Shakhtar Donetsk 1 v 2 Baracelona - 8 Yellow Cards Howard Webb Season Stats 08/09 http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=referee&RefID=18076&season=2008&CompID=&RefCompType=&StatType=byRecordSeason 41 games 139 Yellow Cards 5 Red Cards His most recent domestic encounter was the rather feisty Man Utd v Tottenham game which finished 5 v 2 to Utd after Webb gave a very dubious penalty early in the 2nd half Utd when Tottenham were 2 v 0 up! During that game he handed out 6 yellow cards He's a referee who is not scared to put a player's name in his book and with the 2 teams who contest tonight's clash this all mixes up for a high card count! Predictions: Card Index Yellow Card=10 Points Red Card=25 points. 25 to 45 points @3.00 William Hill Over 45 points @2.00 William Hill Time of First Booking Up to & Including the 28 Mins @1.93 Paddypower :ok
Jonesy, this is a totally unfamiliar ground for me, but I am curious though. If I put a small one on over 4.5 bookings in the game, and it ends with 4 yellow and one direct red card. Is the bet won or lost then?

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) There is Kimera, take for instance last night's Champions League Semi Final Man Utd v Arsenal - I didn't have a strong stat to go on regarding the outcome. Then I investigated the referee who has always been very lenient in his previous games and Arsenal and Man Utd games have been rather subdued since Keane & Veira retired and left! It all added up to a rather cardless and incident free game. :ok

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) Dynamo Kiev - Shaktar Donetsk under 1.5 (2.70 @ centrebet) Following on from last nights Champions League game where both results saw the away side play very conservative and defensive in their nature, then looking to Shaktar to do the same here. They have had a clean sheet in 2 of their last 3 games in this competition while Kiev have also been very solid at the back as they have kept a clean sheet in 3 of their last 4 games in the UEFA Cup. No team will want the other to gain the edge and even if Kiev take the lead, then don't expect Shaktar to open up as they can still win the game with only 1 goal to make for in the second leg Werder Bremen - Hamburg over 3.5 (2.82 @ centrebet) These two teams by their nature tend to play an attacking sort of game so don't be surprised that this is an open game with goals in it. Bremen have scored 11 goals and conceded 8 in their last 5 games in this tournament with 4 of 5 of these games seeing 4 goals or more scored. As for Hamburg, they have scored 9 and conceded 7 on their last 5 games in the UEFA Cup with 2 of the last 3 games seeing 4 goals or more. If an early goal is scored, then this game should really open up and be a typically attacking Bundesliga game with goals scored

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) Dynamo Kiev v Shakhtar Donetsk - Over 45 Points @ 5/6 5/10 Lets see if JK's statistics bets work for Konrad Plautz UEFA Cup Matches yellow yellow-red red 2008/2009 1 - - - 2007/2008 1 5 - - 2006/2007 1 3 - 1 2004/2005 2 5 - - 2003/2004 2 6 - - Good luck :hope

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) looking at the stats for the bremen-hamburg game im thinking that a draw is the most likely outcome tonight. lot of draws in their recent head to head history, add to that hamburg's poor away form this year and the fact it is over 2 legs with the 2nd leg at hamburg and i think the draw is a cracking value bet. kiev are very strong at home and lead their league by some way so i fully expect a home win in this tie. werder-hamburg draw, kiev home win double for me.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 30 April ) I think the league has to be considered when betting here Hamburg still has a chance of winning Bundesliga, they're now 5th in the table now only 3 points behind the leaders Wolfsburg. They have a pretty tight schedule in the league, have to play Hertha on Sunday who are 2nd with 55 points, whereas Werder is 10th, with 39 points and a relatively easy away game to play on Sunday ( FC Koln, 12th struggling form lately). My idea is Werder will go for it, it's the only major title they have to play for this season. They will throw all their guns and try to settle this in one game. Hamburg will seat back and defend, going out with counters wouldnt be supprised if they rest some of the quay players. I think they count a lot on the 2nd leg and home crowd support. And another thing, bear in mind both will play each other 3 times (including this) in next couple of weeks. Plus its a derby Dunno what the odds are at the moment (Im at work, lol) but will go fo over 3 and Werder to win

Werder Bremen - Hamburg over 3.5 (2.82 @ centrebet) These two teams by their nature tend to play an attacking sort of game so don't be surprised that this is an open game with goals in it. Bremen have scored 11 goals and conceded 8 in their last 5 games in this tournament with 4 of 5 of these games seeing 4 goals or more scored. As for Hamburg, they have scored 9 and conceded 7 on their last 5 games in the UEFA Cup with 2 of the last 3 games seeing 4 goals or more. If an early goal is scored, then this game should really open up and be a typically attacking Bundesliga game with goals scored
Risky bet in my opinion. May come in but you need to consider a few more aspects. Both teams have quite a big rivalry, its a derby and both teams gonna head each other still three times (with today). Bremen won the first match in penalties after 1:1 fulltime. Remembering back I cannot say that both teams created plenty of goalchances. Of course there were a few chances coming up for Bremen when they lead 1:0, but it was never a very open game. Hamburg will be hot today. Personally, I expect them to play better then in first match because in the first match they started with a not so smart lineup (included three strikers and too less midfield creativity --> no chances, but lots of space for Bremen). Hamburg players are a bit angry about the media asking them always "Is the tireness a reason for the defeats?". Mathijsen said (while moving away from reporter, because he was very angry about the question):"Ah come dont make me angry with this kind of question I am not going to answer this." Team is very ambitious and they will try to steal a draw or even score a goal or two in order to have an advantage to next homematch. The possibility of this going over 3,5 may be not as low as I expect, but still we are speaking about 3:1, 2:2 scores here which are a bit unrealistic in my opinion at this stage of the Uefa Cup. Best of luck anyway blackcrow :hope I am going to give it another try in International Cups where I usually tend to not win one single bet :lol Mybets for tonight: HT/FT - Bremen/Draw 0.5/10 @17 HT/FT - Hamburg/Draw 0.5/10 @17 HT/FT - Hamburg/Bremen 0.5/10 29 Hamburg ML 2/10 @4.8 Halftime Draw 4/10 @2.25 Under 2,5 5/10 @2.1 Best of luck all :ok

Risky bet in my opinion. I am going to give it another try in International Cups where I usually tend to not win one single bet :lol Mybets for tonight: HT/FT - Bremen/Draw 0.5/10 @17 HT/FT - Hamburg/Draw 0.5/10 @17 HT/FT - Hamburg/Bremen 0.5/10 29 Hamburg ML 2/10 @4.8 Halftime Draw 4/10 @2.25 Under 2,5 5/10 @2.1 Best of luck all :ok
Hope you win some today because I've got a few of your bets as well ;)