Cricket: Indian Premier League 2009

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2009 Was out last night but just watched that Gilly knock, absolutely brilliant. How Australia must feel watching that when they are going to the World 20/20 with Warner and Haddin opening :unsure Am the only that thinks the system in the IPL is a bit of a farce, a massive 6 week long period of 66 games each to determine the top 4 of 8. The 3 games in 2 days to determine the best of the 4. A bit bizarre to say the least.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2009

Was out last night but just watched that Gilly knock, absolutely brilliant. How Australia must feel watching that when they are going to the World 20/20 with Warner and Haddin opening :unsure
Even more so when you look at the top runscorer list and see Hayden is leading it :lol. Mind you though, Warner over here at The Oval - could be carnage :eek. Easy win for Bangalore tonight, never really in doubt by all accounts. Gets me into the black for the tournament again to the tune of 2.29pts ahead of tomorrow's final. I'll go and study that and come back with any bets.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2009 4pts Bangalore to beat Deccan Evs Bet365 The final of IPL 2 sees the two worst sides from last season take each other on in what is becoming a fairytale story. The two sides have been much improved this season but their fortunes have contrasted. Bangalore started the season very badly but have come good bigstyle towards the end of the event and bring a huge amount of momentum into this final with them. Deccan flew out of the traps but found a few running on better than them as the line approached. These two met just 3 days ago when Manish Pandey came to the IPL party in a big way. Bangalore were always in control in that match and with the bowling attack they have I think they can control this final too. Deccan played great cricket to beat Delhi but the Daredevils are becoming chokers in the big games. If Adam Gilchrist doesn't fire I worry about Deccan so I'm happy to back the much more consistent Bangalore who have a couple of very experienced players to guide the side home.

4pts Bangalore to beat Deccan Evs Bet365 The final of IPL 2 sees the two worst sides from last season take each other on in what is becoming a fairytale story. The two sides have been much improved this season but their fortunes have contrasted. Bangalore started the season very badly but have come good bigstyle towards the end of the event and bring a huge amount of momentum into this final with them. Deccan flew out of the traps but found a few running on better than them as the line approached. These two met just 3 days ago when Manish Pandey came to the IPL party in a big way. Bangalore were always in control in that match and with the bowling attack they have I think they can control this final too. Deccan played great cricket to beat Delhi but the Daredevils are becoming chokers in the big games. If Adam Gilchrist doesn't fire I worry about Deccan so I'm happy to back the much more consistent Bangalore who have a couple of very experienced players to guide the side home.
sorry to go against you but im on Gilliesss mob, Gilchrist loves the big stage... and there is no stage bigger other then the world cup. rest of the players are capable of choking under the heat, but its all gilchrist gibbs and symo for me

Stroke of genius from Kumble' date=' opening with himself and getting rid of Gilchrist. Lot of work for the rest of this Chargers lineup to do now.[/quote'] i am stunned by the start. kumble looks the difference.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2009 143/6. It's at least 20 short of par at this ground. Kumble 4-0-16-4 :notworthy. Deccan don't have anyone of that quality in their bowling attack. The only positive I can see for Deccan is these 144 runs are to win the IPL which could create it's own pressure. Jennings should just be saying to them to bat around Kallis and Dravid. They've seen it all before and if one of them gets in and the rest bat around them this should be Bangalore's title.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2009 The pressure of chasing to win did get to them. I was a bit worried when Kumble put them in for that reason but even so if you're not bowled out chasing 144 you really should get there :\. Poor end to the tournament for me which was going so well at one point. I was probably the Mumbai of the event. Had the potential to be a good one at one point but died on it's arse. -1.71 for me in total. Well done Crouchie. 33/1 shot nailed and was ahead for most of the tournament. Cracking pick mate :ok