** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+42pts)

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts) or the other thing you could do if you have more than one in each race is to stick your neck on the line and pick out a main pick, and back the others to small stakes, just as saver selections. if the odds permit this.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts) 3.35 Haydock - CARAS REQUEST Unseen yet this year, but highly progressive the back end of last season - culminating in a victory at Nottingham, on heavy going in October. He won very well, from the front that day when being sent off the 4/7 favourite, despite running a bit green in front he won easily. Makes his handicap debut today, and on the face of it, appears to be well treated. This one could be way ahead of the handicapper if he has shown progress over the winter. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts) Haydock - 4.50 - ALANBROOKE Second time he has appeared this season, and after being beaten by just a head at Newbury, he must stand a very decent chance again today. The ground is going to be similar as it was at Newbury, which should not be a problem. Perhaps a more front running approach would help him out today, as he got running slightly too late last time at Newbury. He has only been raised 3lbs for that second, and with decent entries he is clearly fancied to be something special at home. Conditions will not be a problem, which cannot be said for all the others in this race, and a big run is expected from him here today. 2pts win @ 2/1 (Paddy Power)

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts) Haydock - 3.40 - DESERT CREEK Looked a very smart prospect last time out at Windsor. Bowles and I were there that day, and I think we both backed him. he won well, holding on nicely to beat a very well backed Godolphin horse. Sir Michael Stoute must have been taking advantage of his very lenient handicap mark that day, and as a result he has been raised 8lbs, however Louis-Phillippe Beuzilin takes 5lbs off that increase today. Although I do not know much about this claimer, he cannot be any slouch to be getting this ride, so I do not see this as being at all a negative. Looks highly progressive, and having handled soft ground at Yarmouth before, he will handle these conditions. He looks like a very good thing to me today. 2pts win @ 2/1 (Paddy Power)

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts) Newmarket - 2.20 - PALAVICINI Highly promising as a 2 year old, Palavacini did not disgrace himself when finishing 2nd to Your Old Pal at Newcastle earlier this month. Has a 5lb swing in the weights for that result, so, if he has progressed he should be able to hold an advantage over him this time. However, the main danger today will most probably come in the form of Father Time, whose stable is in cracking form and has not shown poor form himself this season. Must have every chance today, in an interesting little race. 2pts win @ 2/1 (Paddy Power)

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts) Nice start for the thread today - with Palavacini staying on gamely to win at Newmarket. Desert Creek appears to be the subject of a bit of a gamble.... backed down to 13/8 in places now...

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+32pts)

Nice start for the thread today - with Palavacini staying on gamely to win at Newmarket. Desert Creek appears to be the subject of a bit of a gamble.... backed down to 13/8 in places now...
yep good shout on Palavacini Alex I got 9/4 on DC early this morning so :hope

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+38pts) 2 good winners today mate, pity alanbrooke was a nR That Monday meeting we went to has produced Crown (won since), Tawaabb (won since) Martyr (won since) & now Desert Creek !! not a bad meeting me now thinks!

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+38pts) Too right mate, I missed out on Martyr (yesterday?), but have had the rest of them.... I was surprised to see they are not racing at Windsor this Monday, being another Bank Holiday. Do you fancy Sandown on Thursday night?

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+38pts)

Do you fancy Sandown on Thursday night?
Thinking about it Alex, will let you know, i normally that meeting as it has a Grp 3 on the card & a listed 2yo sprint. Need to work around the day job! I assume you have a week off, you lucky bugger!

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+38pts) Doncaster 3.00 - JACK DAWKINS Really smart 2 year old, who was destined for great things this year according to Henry Cecil... That did not materialise on his first run of the season, but I am not giving up on him just yet. The ground today at Doncaster will be riding faster than it was last time for him at Sandown. He also drops down from Listed class, into this handicap, where on the face of things, he seems to be fairly treated. Very slight concerns over whether he got home last time out, so stamina could be bought into question, but on this ground that should hopefully not be too much of a hinderance. 1pt E/W @ 11/2 (Paddy Power)

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+38pts) Had a bit of a nightmare on Thursday night. Conduit ran a BLINDER after getting very worked up in the parade ring before the race. To lose by a nose on seasonal debut was by no means a disgrace. He certainly stays on the list, and will be aimed at the Arc later in the season. High Spice too, got worked up in the parade ring, but will be given another chance to win again. Fiulin seems to be a difficult horse to place, and I will only back him next time out if he is dropped in class I reckon. One that now leaves my thread os Pavershooz. He has been given every chance on his 2 starts this year, but just foes not seem to be worth following....

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+38pts)

Pleased with Jack Dawkins today' date=' gambled into 10/3.... I think the ground was really in his favour.[/quote'] Well done mate, good winner again:ok Although gambled in, I think there will be a Rule 4;)

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+37pts) Cheers guys :) Rob, I see what you mean mate. Yup, I am going to Windsor again tonight, so I will be able to see this one again. Interesting to see what happens to him in the betting.... It will be carrying a few quid of mine like. Interested in seeing JJ The Jetplane tonight aswell.

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+37pts) Leicester 4.30 - TIMES UP Second on each his starts, so at least he is consistent.... Hoping for him to go one better this evening though, and I think the only one who can prevent that from happening is Sabotage. On paper, this looks like a bit of a match bet between the 2. Times Up has only been beaten by Featherweight, and Mooakada, so hardly bad form - and he has not yet been tried at what should be his optimum trip. This afternoon, the trip should suit him very well indeed, and he may well have enough to beat Sabotage in an interesting looking race. 2pts win @ 6/4

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+37pts) Got 4 going at Epsom tomorrow. 2.45 - Epsom - DUNCAN and LOOK HERE Duncan has made a great start to the season, and has won twice for this thread already. However, this represents a significant step up in class. Tomorrow he will be locking horns with recognised Group 1 horses like Youmzain. He is seen as being a progressive type, and has been highlighted as one to keep a very close eye on by his trainer John Gosden. What gives me a good deal of confidence here is the fact that Duncan has swerved the Royal meeting to take up this engagement, for which he has had to be supplemented. Surely, this represents confidence from connections, and a price of 11/2 could prove to be a fantastic each way bet. The second horse I have on my list to follow is LOOK HERE. A start last year, winning the Oaks in impressive style, Look Here has not been seen since her fairly disappointing run in the St Leger. This is her seasonal re-appearance, so fitness must be taken on trust. But if the filly is race fit, then she does hold the class to make herslef felt at the end of this race. Again, a price of 5/1 could be a cracking eac way bet. Duncan - 1pt e/w @ 11/2 Look Here - 1pt e/w @ 5/1

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+37pts) 4.05 - Epsom - SARISKA and RAINBOW VIEW Clearly the top two in the market here, and both have got a sound chance of winning the 3rd classic of the season. I personally favour Sariska's chance over Rainbow View, after the latter's below par run in the Guineas - however - they both remain dangerous. Sariska won the Musidora in good visual style, but the time was not great, and she is certainly no certainty. However, that run represented a step up in trip, which she relished. If that race has not taken too much out of her, and she has shown progression since, then she simply cannot be too far away here. The second horse to follow is Rainbow View. Clearly, she was a very short priced favourite in the 1000 Guineas. The fact of the matter is that she should not have run that day, John Gosden so much ass said so afterwards. it did not look like she was given a very hard time of things that day, and I would imagine that this ground will suit her far better than it did at Newmarket. If it was a simple case of the ground going against her last time, then the 10/3 price could look silly come 4.10 tomorrow. Sariska - 2pts win @ 3/1 Rainbow View - 2pts win @ 10/3