£10 to £100 in 30 bets

Hooloovoo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: £10 to £100 in 30 bets

Doin well HLV!! :hope :hope
Thanks mate :cheers Ran through the numbers and figured out that by using odds of 1.06, i will complete it in 3 bets. In order to make it in 2 bets, i must go as "high" as 1.09 Aaaah decisions decisions.... :loon

btw, what then happens if you lose the bet does your 70 quids cover the entire outlay you have to give to the guy who placed a bet? or do you have to give him (i am asusming its a dude) 13 times what he bet?
Think its naturally assumed to be a "him" as theres no way youd go and lose to a girl!!

Re: £10 to £100 in 30 bets Yes unlucky Hooloovoo, although I did say I couldn't see many goals in that game and I proved to be correct. Everton have a good defensive record and drew 0-0 against Man United in their last game plus the fact there's never many goals in Everton/Chelsea. Still a big shame to build up your bank all that way only for it to be snatched away like that. Thought Drogba had saved you near the end, but only managed to hit the crossbar.

0-0 Oh well it was only £10... :cry :cry :cry
Unlucky mate, Great run as Aldric said, If you try again how about waiting for a short time and do it in running taking bigger prices, thus achieving your target quicker

Unlucky mate' date=' Great run as Aldric said, If you try again how about waiting for a short time and do it in running taking bigger prices, thus achieving your target quicker[/quote'] I have in fact been thinking of this since the first time he mentioned it. After a night's sleep (well almost - my baby girl doesn't always agree that nights should be spent sleeping!) i see things a bit differently. :) I do a relative large amount of research before each game - checking table standings, current form, h2h stats, team news, discussions of the match on different forums and so on - which is a big part as to why i managed to have such a long run in the first place. In the Chelsea - Everton match i admit that i was a bit sloppy in my research, and i was punished. :sad If +1 was backed inplay at avg odds of 1.14, it would take 19 bets to go from £10 to £100. If i wanted to go from £10 to £50, only 13 bets are required. Since i believe that i can make profit from backing +1, i will probably start another GH with +1 backing (or 0-0 laying), possible ways to go are for example: - Backing +1 pre-ko, accumulator staking (like this one) - Backing +1 pre-ko, level staking - Backing +1 in-play, accumulator staking - Backing +1 in-play, level staking If you can beat the odds than any system is profitable long-term, the question is what gives the least variance. :unsure

Re: £10 to £100 in 30 bets If one would stop after 2 busted banks, one would be in profit (although just slightly!) after only 5 rounds! EDIT: ....and row #2 should be bet #1 right? Cause on row #1 you state the starting banks. So it's profit as per above after only 4 rounds

thanks for the updated table. but what happened to the profit area? Loss can never be bigger than £30 after 3 busted banks eh? :unsure
Sorry I had it set up for £50 banks and just did the example to show you the £10 banks and then deleted it without saving... had to redo it when you wanted more bets, lol. Should be right now and ive put it to 75 bets.... :dude

Sorry I had it set up for £50 banks and just did the example to show you the £10 banks and then deleted it without saving... had to redo it when you wanted more bets, lol. Should be right now and ive put it to 75 bets.... :dude
Thanks a lot for your effort mate....! :ok I will definitively use this when contemplating the setup for my next GH... :tongue2

Re: £10 to £100 in 30 bets Hi! I liked the approach to this glory hunt and analysis of Aldric, so I put his numbers in simple Excel file, where you can play with odds, starting bank, stake, etc; file can be downloaded here: http://www.strugar.info/pl/bet.htm Spreadsheet has 4 sheets; the first one, "Without commision" gives exactly what Aldric posted before, but without commission; for each bank, you can change starting bank and odds - all in yellow cells. Second sheet, "With commission", is the same thing again, but includes commission; you can change the commission rate, too, in appropriate cell (yellow, again). With odds of 1.15, I noticed a slight difference to Aldric's pictures; for example, after 50 bets, his bank stands at 6.843.28 EUR, and my calculates 6.838.40 EUR, which us 4.88 EUR difference; maybe its caused by way of calculating the commission (rounding to two decimals after each bet, or cumulative calculating as I did), but nevermind, 5 EUR means nothing in comparison to nearly 7K. Third sheet, "Variable 1", is meant to be used when you have different odds in each bet, as it is usually, and as it was in this glory hunt; you can change the starting bank, and you enter the odds for each bet, one by one. In all of these three sheets, it's assumed that you go with bank all-in; if you don't want to stake entire profit, then use the last sheet, "Variable 2"; there you enter starting bank and odds for each bet, too, but you need to enter the stake, as percentage of current bank (i.e., if your bank is 20 EUR, and you want to stake 15 EUR, it's 75%, so enter 75 in appropriate cell), and outcome of the bet - W or L; if bet is void, just enter odds 1 and consider bet as won with zero profit. Those two last sheets are calculated without commission. In each sheet, you can change (and need to change) cells coloured in yellow; all the other cells are protected from being changed accidentally, but if you want to edit them, unlock the sheet: Tools - Protection - Unprotect Sheet; there's no password. I made this for a couple of hours, so if you think something can be improved, I can try...

Hi! I liked the approach to this glory hunt and analysis of Aldric, so I put his numbers in simple Excel file, where you can play with odds, starting bank, stake, etc; file can be downloaded here: http://www.strugar.info/pl/bet.htm Spreadsheet has 4 sheets; the first one, "Without commision" gives exactly what Aldric posted before, but without commission; for each bank, you can change starting bank and odds - all in yellow cells. Second sheet, "With commission", is the same thing again, but includes commission; you can change the commission rate, too, in appropriate cell (yellow, again). With odds of 1.15, I noticed a slight difference to Aldric's pictures; for example, after 50 bets, his bank stands at 6.843.28 EUR, and my calculates 6.838.40 EUR, which us 4.88 EUR difference; maybe its caused by way of calculating the commission (rounding to two decimals after each bet, or cumulative calculating as I did), but nevermind, 5 EUR means nothing in comparison to nearly 7K. Third sheet, "Variable 1", is meant to be used when you have different odds in each bet, as it is usually, and as it was in this glory hunt; you can change the starting bank, and you enter the odds for each bet, one by one. In all of these three sheets, it's assumed that you go with bank all-in; if you don't want to stake entire profit, then use the last sheet, "Variable 2"; there you enter starting bank and odds for each bet, too, but you need to enter the stake, as percentage of current bank (i.e., if your bank is 20 EUR, and you want to stake 15 EUR, it's 75%, so enter 75 in appropriate cell), and outcome of the bet - W or L; if bet is void, just enter odds 1 and consider bet as won with zero profit. Those two last sheets are calculated without commission. In each sheet, you can change (and need to change) cells coloured in yellow; all the other cells are protected from being changed accidentally, but if you want to edit them, unlock the sheet: Tools - Protection - Unprotect Sheet; there's no password. I made this for a couple of hours, so if you think something can be improved, I can try...
Impressive....! :clap I downloaded it and it looks very useful! Was thinking of doing something similar: now i don't have to! :) Again, thanks! :notworthy

Hi! I liked the approach to this glory hunt and analysis of Aldric, so I put his numbers in simple Excel file, where you can play with odds, starting bank, stake, etc; file can be downloaded here: http://www.strugar.info/pl/bet.htm Spreadsheet has 4 sheets; the first one, "Without commision" gives exactly what Aldric posted before, but without commission; for each bank, you can change starting bank and odds - all in yellow cells. Second sheet, "With commission", is the same thing again, but includes commission; you can change the commission rate, too, in appropriate cell (yellow, again). With odds of 1.15, I noticed a slight difference to Aldric's pictures; for example, after 50 bets, his bank stands at 6.843.28 EUR, and my calculates 6.838.40 EUR, which us 4.88 EUR difference; maybe its caused by way of calculating the commission (rounding to two decimals after each bet, or cumulative calculating as I did), but nevermind, 5 EUR means nothing in comparison to nearly 7K. Third sheet, "Variable 1", is meant to be used when you have different odds in each bet, as it is usually, and as it was in this glory hunt; you can change the starting bank, and you enter the odds for each bet, one by one. In all of these three sheets, it's assumed that you go with bank all-in; if you don't want to stake entire profit, then use the last sheet, "Variable 2"; there you enter starting bank and odds for each bet, too, but you need to enter the stake, as percentage of current bank (i.e., if your bank is 20 EUR, and you want to stake 15 EUR, it's 75%, so enter 75 in appropriate cell), and outcome of the bet - W or L; if bet is void, just enter odds 1 and consider bet as won with zero profit. Those two last sheets are calculated without commission. In each sheet, you can change (and need to change) cells coloured in yellow; all the other cells are protected from being changed accidentally, but if you want to edit them, unlock the sheet: Tools - Protection - Unprotect Sheet; there's no password. I made this for a couple of hours, so if you think something can be improved, I can try...
Looks like you've been busy Froment :ok Nice of you to make it available to anyone thats interested. Good luck. Aldric

Well, at least in Sweden you can be millionaire with much less....! 1,000,000 SEK = £81,994 :loon
In times of civil war in Yugoslavia, 1990 - 1995, inflation was so high that we all were millionaires, too; there were banknotes with ten zeros, and as it was too difficult to recognize them by number, we relied on colours of banknote; each half of year or so, Central bank would denominate the banknotes, i.e., only cut the zeros, but as inflation remained the same, new banknotes with more zeros would appear soon!... :loon