8th April Best Bet Of Day

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 4.30 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Nottingham<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Cool Hand Jake is interesting on his handicap debut and runs off a mark of 70. Peter Makin's colt came on for his debut run to finish fourth to Petrovsky on his second start at Kempton. Given that the winner has gone on to win in handicaps off 80, and was only four lengths infront that day, bodes well for Cool Hand Jake's handicap mark and Onemix, the third, also boosted the form of that race slightly by picking up a maiden next time out. He picked up a Kempton maiden himself when last seen, racing over todays trip of a mile, and beat Peter Chapple-Hyam's short priced favourite (who won a maiden next time out) in the process. A second boost for that piece of form comes courtesy of More Time Tim, third that day, who has been prolific on Southwell's fibresand this year and won a handicap off 72 when last seen. All in all I think Cool Hand Jake is a well handicapped horse that, providing he can overcome a wide draw, could go well. 2 pt win, Supernap.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 3.30 Nottingham FUILIN. 1pt win. Fuilin's first run was here at Nottingham over 8 furlongs on g/f,he managed to finish 2nd to Laterly.His last two runs were at Newmarket in October last year,where he finished 2nd to Savarin in a Class 1 3yo Listed race,and his most recent race was only 3/4 length away in third to Varacity in a Class 1 Group 3.He has 2 wins and 5 places over turf.M. Botti has a 23% strike rate at Nottingham and a 33% strike rate on turf this season.He seems to have the best credentials in the race and i'm hopeful of a good run.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day Hereford 3-40 Earcomesannie Fell early on LTO but ran a good second at Stratford the time before when attempting to make it 3 wins on the trot. Running off the same mark as Stratford, she should go close in todays less valuable race.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 440 Hereford : Greenwich Meantime LAY Cant fancy anything today over the jumps but one I think is very poor value is Greenwich Meantime, 5/4 at the moment. Trained by Alan King now after 2 years of plodding around the flat tracks without a win, in his prime he won the Chester Cup but has steadily dropped down the handicap and now at the age of 9 tries something else. His last run on the flat he was last of 7 and on his debut over hurdles he was third fav and finished third of five with two complete rags in behind him. So he has not exactly set the world alight lately and obviously reputation and connections are a big factor in the price here. We have one or two promising types in opposition, Boomtown Kat ran really well last time, Henry Daly's newcomer looks to be going the right way and if the Treacle Eater can come back to form he will be hard to beat. I also think the fav needs 3m over hurdles and firm ground so just cant have it at that price today.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day Kemp 18:50 - Bluebok 1pt win I liked Scarlet Oak on Saturday and selected him on here at 16/1, he finished 2nd to this horse, Bluebok. I'll take him to follow up with another win here, he won by 2¾ lengths which was a good performence and he is in good form having finished 2nd the race before, I cannot find anything from the other runners as to why I should favour them over the favourite, he faces a 6lb penalty which is a worry but this contest looks quite poor and may go to the form horse Bluebok.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 2.00 Nottingham - Star Rover - LAY Won by 4l on debut, but in subsequent 2yo races that form has looked inferior to that of the Brocklesby, and Cole and Hannon are happy to reoppose with Red Avalanche and Black Daddy today. Heslington was poorly drawn in the Donny race and will go better today, whilst Mick Channon's had the 2nd in the Donny race who has come out and won twice since and fields Royal Desert in this today. There's also a big run expected from the Burke horse Corporal Maddox who has been punted in all morning. All in all there's plenty reasons to oppose the Evens favourite here

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 200 Corporal Maddox (To Be Placed) I really think he will nail the race but Star Rover could by chance go in front. The price for Corporal Maddox is really good to be placed 1.53 @ betfair at the moment. Having in mind that none of the rest can even closely match those two, the price is too generous. :hope

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day well i have sat back for past couple of years without posting on here. love watching some great picking. thought i should give my pennyworth. 2.10 Hereford - Dizzy Future - 1pt e/w 9/2 Won last time out on gd/firm class 4 nov in a class5 h/cap of handy weight. last time raced in class5 h/cap of 1lb higher won. Harry Skelton on board this time but not a bad jockey and i think has great chance at a bet to nothing.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day Kem 8.20 Equipe De Nuit 1 pt win Only two starts for this one but two encouraging starts with two decent seconds. The first was in a moderate sort of race but at least showed he can go on an a/w surface. However his second afterwards was a fine battling effort which earmarked him as a future winner. Just beaten in the end by ashram who then won a group 3, the third has won since, the fourth still has a derby entrant even now, the fifth has twice won since. In time I cant help but feel who could well need further but he showed 7f was fine enough last year and he could break his duck here.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day Sorry, this is the post Hereford 2.10 Perfect Line WIN Was going well LTO before clouting one of latter fences hard and putting paid to chances. With form of yard solid, step up in trip a positive and application of first time tongue tie all positives must be in with a big chance in race that isn't as strong as numbers suggest.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day Hereford 5.10pm 1pt lay Mr Ed By all accounts on the markets and write ups this horse is gonna win today,i love it when this is the case and today Mr Ed is very short around 2.00s on Betfair at this mo. Mr Ed is a nice horse but LTO won by a nose so for me did not hack up and at 2.00s is very short for a backers shot imv. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day couldnt afford much today just went with 3 placepots, here are my selections: Hereford: leg 1 Particle leg 2 le brocquy leg 3 Naughty by nature leg 4 power king leg 5 Sula's legend leg 6 greenwich meantime Nottingham: leg 1 Star Rover leg 2 Rievaulx World leg 3 billy beetroot leg 4 fiulin leg 5 gala sunday leg 6 swiss art Brighton leg 1 Carbon hoofprint leg 2 benedict spirit leg 3 kings majesty leg 4 riqaab leg 5 cecily (went against green beret) i fancy it.... leg 6 wotashirtfull

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 2.20 brighton Carbon footprint BRUNSTON shaped with promise in two very good Newbury maidens last autumn and his stable have a 47% strike-rate here in recent times but think im going with Carbon footprint on this one e/w

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day

well i have sat back for past couple of years without posting on here. love watching some great picking. thought i should give my pennyworth. 2.10 Hereford - Dizzy Future - 1pt e/w 9/2 Won last time out on gd/firm class 4 nov in a class5 h/cap of handy weight. last time raced in class5 h/cap of 1lb higher won. Harry Skelton on board this time but not a bad jockey and i think has great chance at a bet to nothing.
good call on this one!!

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 3-10 hereford-monets-masterpiece-e/way on what looks a difficult day im going to give this horse an e/way chance-he would have a definate chance if he could recapture the form of his days with gary moore.his second in a plumpton novice was a fair effort,and like i said going to give him an e/way chance in the hope that he as improved this season

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 7.50 Remember Ramon Must have a fantastic chance. Last time out 41 days ago, it virtually made all to beat Blockley, who has since chalked up 2 wins to go up the weights. Callan onboard (2 wins from 2 when riding the selection) is surely a plus too & a tasty 9/2 currently available. And Ryan..... this thread isn't for an entire placepot list old chap.

well carbon hoofprint went no good at brighton thats my place pot gone their :( star rover won and particle 3rd at 12/1 so thats okay for me so far yeah nice call with dizzy future :)
yeah same for me!! should have gone for BRUNSTON grrrrrrrr

440 Hereford : Greenwich Meantime LAY Cant fancy anything today over the jumps but one I think is very poor value is Greenwich Meantime, 5/4 at the moment. Trained by Alan King now after 2 years of plodding around the flat tracks without a win, in his prime he won the Chester Cup but has steadily dropped down the handicap and now at the age of 9 tries something else. His last run on the flat he was last of 7 and on his debut over hurdles he was third fav and finished third of five with two complete rags in behind him. So he has not exactly set the world alight lately and obviously reputation and connections are a big factor in the price here. We have one or two promising types in opposition, Boomtown Kat ran really well last time, Henry Daly's newcomer looks to be going the right way and if the Treacle Eater can come back to form he will be hard to beat. I also think the fav needs 3m over hurdles and firm ground so just cant have it at that price today.
Good call BH, unplaced 5-4F. :clap Plus the 1-2 @ 8/1 & 10-3 :cheers

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day 6.50 Kempton - BLUEBOK (1pt Win) I could do with a winner in this competition and todays tentative vote goes to Bluebok in Kemptons opener. He won well at Wolves a few days ago and a 6lb penalty may not be enough to stop him if in the same form here. It looks a really weak contest in all honesty and I reckon he can bounce out and make all for another victory.

Re: 8th April Best Bet Of Day Kempton 750 REMEMBER RAMON win I've been out at a meeting today, so didn't get my bet selection posted in time today (Judd Street. beaten) so I'll look to REMEMBER RAMON. Maybe sailing a bit high in the handicap for my liking but I think there are as many negatives v. the field too.

6.50 KEMPTON ASK JENNY 1PT WIN ...reason to follow
Goes well here and give the impression she was ready to win again when running 3rd here over 6f. Back over 5f and i think is well capable of winning this off present mark and 8/1 is a decent price.