Best bet of the day 6th april

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 3.20 Windsor 12 runners for this Class 4 handicap over 1m. Open heat with a definite opposable fav. The Galloping Shoe has only raced once and has been off for almost a year, there's no chance I could back this at such a short price racing in handicap company for the first time. Elna Bright looks likely to go off 2nd fav and is another I'm keen to get away from. Won a messy heat at Bath and the form looks really iffy in that 4 runner race. Light From Mars has claims but I think it may need its first run of the season. A shoe-in to win races this term but I hope tomorrow isn't the day. Trans Siberian goes well fresh and cannot be totally discounted but the one for me is: Den's Gift (RPF 6/1) - Now a 5yo, I think this horse has a major chance. Is a decent type and has some solid form to its name. Won lto on the AW at Lingfield in this grade and only raised 2lb for that. Could be the type to follow up off this mark. Goes well on good ground and yet to finish out of the frame on this going. One of the few that look likely to set the pace and I like to favour prominent racers when there are less than, say, 14 runners and also Windsor is a track where I avoid hold up types. Great jockey on board for one that likes to go from the front too, a super judge of pace. Both trainer and jockey are amongst the winners so no wellbeing issues. The horse has been off the track for 72 days but has a cracking record when fresh. Absences of 2 months plus have yielded results of Won at 7/1, 4th at 5/1, 2nd at 8/1 and Won at 7/2. Can hopefully add to that record tomorrow with another, and at odds of 7/1 plus, I'm happy to take the EW on this horse. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 3.50 Windsor Ten Down has been in good form on the polytrack for Mick Quinn of late and is only 2 lbs higher than when winning at Lingfield last time out. He started the last turf campaign on a mark of 84, and so looks well handicapped this time around considering his recent form and the fact he has won off 78 (albeit on the AW). He won a course and distance maiden two years ago to prove he acts on turf too and looks sure to go well. Nusoor may dispute the lead but may tire in the closing stages as he may need the run. Win

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 300 Kelso MARCEL e/w Turned out very quickly after Aintree but over hurdles again where he's 21pts lower than chase rating. Should be fighting fit for a change, there are a few dubious sorts ahead of him in the betting so attractive e/w to me at projected 12/1

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april Wolverhampton 4.10pm 1pt lay Iachimo Same trip dif track today,price is border line for me today with this horse but i feel LTO was a bit lucky and today will find this race a bit harder v what i view as a good field taking this race,looking down the field for me a good odds winner might be the order of the day,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 3.00 Kelso. Little Bob. 0.5 pts e/w. Little Bob has been running in Class 3 races but today drops down to Class 4.His last run over 16 furlongs at Newcastle resulted in a 3rd place behind Well Disguised beaten 7 1/4 lengths but he ran on at the finish.This was his first run since May 2008.I'm hoping that run has sharpened him up and am hopeful of at least a place.His record at todays distance is 8 runs-2 wins and 3 places.On good ground he has run 7 times winning twice and placing twice.He has run 3 times at Kelso resulting in two places.He has ran three times during April before with 1 win and two places.Todays jockey Mark Bradburne has rode him twice and placed both times.Current bookie odds 9/1 Bet 365.

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 300 Kelso: Marcel EW Poor stuff today and no real eyecatcher at a price so will give Marcel a chance to shine over hurdles. Ran ok the other day at Aintree for a long way before the class told but nothing of that calibre here and his hurdle rating is only 112 so you can see why connections are having a go. 9/1 at the minute and thats not bad value.

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 3.10 Wolves - Common Diva (1pt Win) Has shown tremendous form at this course all throughout the winter and looks terrific value in a competitive little race here. Has the pace to sit prominent early on and the drop back from 9furlongs to 7 shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Stable remain in good form and he has to be on the premises here.

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april 3.00 Kelso SMART STREET EW Ran well enough at Newcastle last week off same rating to warrant another bet today. The jockey kept it handy until the 2nd last when it finally ran out of steam & the front 2 drew away that day. If reproducing that form, should be therabouts again. No claimer on board today though which makes it slightly tougher in terms of weight but Kinsella is more experienced & has a reasonable record here.

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april Kelso 3.30 Storm Prospect E/W This looks a little overpriced to me today at 33/1. Back down to last winning mark when winning at Hexham over this trip in July. Could be forgiven most recent runs as appears to need top of the ground so conditions at Kelso today are going to be far more suitable and would be no surprise to see recent form left behind at big odds.

Re: Best bet of the day 6th april

Kelso 3.30 Storm Prospect E/W This looks a little overpriced to me today at 33/1. Back down to last winning mark when winning at Hexham over this trip in July. Could be forgiven most recent runs as appears to need top of the ground so conditions at Kelso today are going to be far more suitable and would be no surprise to see recent form left behind at big odds.
BH - This should be 3.00 Kelso - just made exactly same mistake in Osesame, d'oh!! :$