** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 Ascot 5.15pm 1pt lay Barnhill Brownie Horses recent form is very good and a rise of 5lb for last win not as bad as it could be but LTO was lucky as a few could of taken this and if the race was run again a diff horse would win imv. The lay is brought about by a few good horses in the field that for me will take this race today,Barnhill Brownie is short at this mo on Betfair with a 3rd of the cash on the market going on this horse at the time of writing this thread and i hope people follow the money today on this lay. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 Fontwell 3.55 Tamarinbleu WIN Dangerously well handicapped based on chase form and returned to hurdles today as seemed to be struggling a bit with the fences on last couple of occasions. David Pipe's stable still going well and his only runner across the cards today and Tom Scudamore's only booked ride. Can't see the each way value as would be surprised if 7/1 lasts so all in for the win! I am away all day today, so in case of a non-runner i'll post this reserve (dangerous I know as we know which one will win!!!): Wolves 8.50: Bo McGinty (WIN) Has been running consistently well from this kind of mark last few efforts and in truth is well in based on last year's turf form (won from 80). Was entitled to get closer LTO at Lingfield but for enterprising run from the front by the winner. Was backed on that occasion so a decent run was obviously expected and with Paul Hanagan replacing claimer and current yard form impressive (1-1-2-7-2-1 in last 14 days) every chance of the win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 4.40 Ascot Out the Black won over course and distance in April and confirmed he is in good heart when beating Ungaro and several others at Doncaster last time out. He has been raised only 3 lbs for that win and although he scraped home last time he was hampered and may infact be better over three miles here. Richard Johnson returns to the saddle and he looks sure to go well again. win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 Asc 3.30 Higgys Boy 1pt win Fancy NH runner quite strongly here. It runs today in a novice handicap off 129 which is four lower than the mark it was given in a tame effort in the FW. However I think they may be down to the horse is not at home at chelt. Twice its run their now and twice its been beaten a long way. Given its fairly useful flat form was say 9f or under and remember its by a former aus sprinter, its perhaps not that surprising that less demanding 2m tracks like newb, don and today asc would favour more than chelt. Back on a more suitable track today and given lto it won and may have only done so by a few lengths but seemingly won with a fair bit in hand, it should go well.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 3.55 Fontwell: Font. 1 point LAY This is a reasonably consistent horse who won a couple of races on the spin last year, but went up around a stone in the weights as a result, and hasn't won since. Tends to be a bit one paced, and was stepped up in trip for his latest race, where he put in a reasonable run when finishing fourth at Cheltenham. Over that trip again today, so can't be ruled out. But to me he seems the sort who will always find one to beat him on this sort of mark, and his style of running might not be best suited to the quicker conditions underfoot. There are a number of horses in the race you can make a case for, including cc75's tip above (good luck mate, for obvious reasons :ok) and I think it's worth anticipating at least one of them will be too quick for Font.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 ballycroy boy 200 south. 1 pt win. i like trying to work out these low class handicaps (boring bastard) and i think this fella has a cracking chance today. he is in form, which many others are not, and with the form to go close, the trip and surface favourable and the fact he gets in off a mark of 65 make him look a decent bet to come late and fast (or sort of fast) to take this race. The draw in stall 1 doesn't bother me, as needs to be held up and so can sit in behind early.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 330 Ascot : Higgys Boy Interesting little handicap and as usual the aim is to try and find one that maybe has a few pounds in hand of what the handicapper thinks. Higgys Boy fits the bill here for me as a couple of his runs have been too bad to be true, once on heavy ground and last time out at the festival when making a hash of the second flight and losing his pitch, it was hard work from there in such a big field in a fast run race. If you look at his overall form the better the ground the better the run so todays track and conditions should enable him to run to his full potential using his flat speed at the business end.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 ROCKETBALL 2.35 Southwell. 1 point win. He's been running better recently and that recent form entitles him to be involved in the finish of this race today. The trip and surface shouldn't pose any problems and with racing off a mark of 55 (1lb lower than recently), and with jockey William Carson taking off an extra 5lbs, I think he has a cracking chance of going close today. The odds are in double figures and so looks a decnet bet to me.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 Ascot 16:40 - Ungaro Did not run as well as I thought he would LTO when way behind the favourite for this race Out The Black but I am willing to forgive him for that run, the good ground should suit, steps back to 3m where he is a distance winner, if he could produce the form behind Big Fella Thanks back in January then he would win this, its just whether he can. Looks more than capable of at least a place. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 3.55 Fontwell FONT to win Cant get away from Font here from Nicholls stable, 8 runners & looks certain for a place. Nicholls has a 50% SR places/wins here. Harry Skelton rides again after getting it up for 4th place in the M Pipe Conditional jocks hurdle at Cheltenham 2 weeks ago. The ground should be ideal & i think Nicholls may still find a couple of races for this 6yo.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 2-00 southwell-gracie"s gift e/way as only finished once out of the frame in 7 starts at this course was very well supported last time out on is comeback run after a break and won as expected 5lb rise for that win still leaves him well in on old form so demands respect

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09

2-00 southwell-gracie"s gift e/way as only finished once out of the frame in 7 starts at this course was very well supported last time out on is comeback run after a break and won as expected 5lb rise for that win still leaves him well in on old form so demands respect
this horse is now a n/runner so will pick another shortly

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 5-15 ascot-shannon springs e/way been running like a donkey lately but did run better last time got a feeling that was because of the better ground as finished in the money on attempts at this trip so with conditions more in his favour good show anticipated

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 WOLVERHAMPTON 9-20 rocket ruby , a tricky finale with a few lightly raced types but this mare has been knockin at the door and was just maybe a little unlucky last time when racing very wide , well drawn this time with the very capable paul hanagan doing the steering for the first time , should run a cracker at around 8/1

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09

Asc 3.30 Higgys Boy 1pt win Fancy NH runner quite strongly here. It runs today in a novice handicap off 129 which is four lower than the mark it was given in a tame effort in the FW. However I think they may be down to the horse is not at home at chelt. Twice its run their now and twice its been beaten a long way. Given its fairly useful flat form was say 9f or under and remember its by a former aus sprinter' date=' its perhaps not that surprising that less demanding 2m tracks like newb, don and today asc would favour more than chelt. Back on a more suitable track today and given lto it won and may have only done so by a few lengths but seemingly won with a fair bit in hand, it should go well.[/quote'] Many thanks you two! :clap

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 SOUTHWELL 16:20 (BOOK TICKETS ON LINE AT SOUTHWELL-RACECOURSE.CO.UK HANDICAP (CLASS 6)) Horse Name: Mr Chocolate Drop (IRE) Notes: Wolverhampton 23 Feb 2009 1m 1f Handicap (Class 6) (4YO plus) 13 ran Standard Noted Eyecatcher Was out the back of the field at the final bend the jockey steered the horse through a ruck of horses to finish a staying on 4th would have been closer with a clear passage Been placed 4th-2nd-2nd last three starts finished 2nd last time out to a potential good horse Colour Of Money some money for it today Win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 4.55 SOUTHWELL Obe Royal Although this thing got beaten when even money fav (turned over by a 66/1 shot!) earlier in the week, the blinkers have been ditched in favour of a visor and at around 7/2 represents value for a favourite in what is a tight betting market. However, the rest of the field haven't shown a great deal recently, although I'd rate Spin Again a bigger danger than Flores Sea.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 5.05 Fontwell. Tanktastic. 0.5 e/w. It looks like this horse has only one horse to beat,I have slight reserves over wether the favorite can win stepping up in trip,but Tanktastic seems good e/w value at currently 13/2.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 27/3/09 Wolverhampton 6.50 Lucayan dancer looks a nice each way bet from the Nicholls yard which is in mighty fine form at the moment, aslong as race fit has won over this course and distance. 0.5pt e/w lucayan dancer