Best bet of the day 2/3/09

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09

15-30 Stratford - Leading Contender - Win

Leading Contender will be the selection and hopefully he will come on for his 1st run in over a year lto. He put in a good performance finishing only 3¼L behind stablemate Pancake at the start of last month at Kempton. He took his time to settle in that race and that was understandable due to his long layoff but once he got going he ran well. If he settles quicker today he could get his chase career of the ground with a win no doubt. A good hurdler rated 145, he signed-off over hurdles with an impressive win at Cheltenham in December 2007. Hobbs is in form right now and a really good chance for him to continue his form into the Festival with a winner here. Currently 6/4 available, but will hopefully go off at around 7/4.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 STRATFORD-ON-AVON 16:00 (BOB WALKER THE BOOKIES' FRIEND NOVICES' HANDICAP HURDLE (CLASS 4)) Horse Name: Archie Gunn Notes: Ludlow, 26 Feb 2009 2m 5f Handicap Hurdle (Class 3) (4YO plus) Winner �6,262 - 9 ran Good Race note Mid-division, raced keenly, headway after 8th, not clear run approaching 3 out, soon switched left, kept on same pace flat, no impression on winner My note Watched this horse come from off the pace to try & challenge the winner in the run up to the line stayed on very well Dropped in class for today T Murphy retains the ride Win

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 Race: 17.50 Wolverhampton Selection: Autumn Morning I have been following this horse for a while, waiting for him to get his head in front. As of yet, my loyalty hasnt been rewarded, but he drops in class tomorrow and I expect him to go close at a nice price. I started following him after a couple of unlucky runs, namely the one with Tom Eaves on board, and I still think he is well handicapped. He is the most experienced of all the market principles, and although he isnt brilliantly consistent, he enjoys Wolverhampton and based on his run 2 starts ago, he will take alot of beating. Cathy Gannon is an interesting jockey booking, but maybe kid gloves is what this horse needs and he looks like an EW bet to nothing at around 8/1 Advice EW[url=http://www.bet365.com/?Affiliate=365_024758]

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 430 Stratford: Glenda Hoddle EW Just have a sneaky feeling this one is better than its shown so far, ran ok in bumpers and then a fair run over 3m, then for some reason ran in a couple of Class 3 hurdles over 2 miles. Wendel and Mahonia won them. Last time stepped back up to 3 miles and fell when still in with a chance. Rated just 79, thanks to her two hammerings in good company and will find this much easier. Wouldnt be gob smacked if it was backed by the stable so no idea what price it will be but busy tomorrow so have to post up now, i'll go EW just to be safe.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 5:10 LINGFIELD Clovis 14-1 RPF EW Won lto. 21 days ago. Blinkers on for the first time in 4 races or since 24Sep08. He won by 5 lengths to the 3-10F at Kempton's 1m2f distance. Maiden. His last NH run may have made him fitter than before. It was a Class 3 Juvenile Novices' HUrdle at Kempton 19Oct08. 2m. 11 ran. He made most until headed approaching 2 out and weakened into a 9th place finish. Some rivals he finished ahead from the last NH run followed up with 10 wins/placed from 25 starts. 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 8th combined for 10 wins/placed from 20 NH starts. 1st: 2/4 : 8342 3rd: 2/6 : 714816 5th: 3/5 : 2230U 8th: 3/5 : 322P0 .5PTS

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 S4.00 Haldibari 0.5pt E/W This horse has droppped to a handy mark and the piece of form which interests me was when 2nd of 15 runners over this course last year. That was over a longer trip and the drop back in trip today should also suit. Todays ground likely to me more to its liking than in recent runs and looks a decent e/w bet at 12/1.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 3:10 Lingfield - Trade Centre - Back Looks to be a good chance to lose his maiden tag at the 2nd time of asking. Only a 4 runner race, and the 2 newcomers are unfancied in the market, seemingly making this a 2 horse race between Trade Centre and Dareh. Racecourse experience is a huge in maidens in my opinion. I backed Trade Centre on debut last week, and he ran a great race, only getting done close home by a 66/1 shot. Dareh has eye-catching connections and is ex-godolphin, but has been off the track for 115 days, and with Trade Centre's debut only a week ago, he should strip fitter for that run, and looks the one to be on here. Supernap - 2pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 Stratford 5-00 Silver Adonis EW Very promising run on chase debut when fell 2 out, still going strongly in a competative handicap at Huntingdon. Would not have been suited by soft ground LTO. Won over 2m4 over hurdles, so step up in trip should not be a problem.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 5.20 Wolverhampton - Dubai Storming (LAY) 1pt Competitive little race. Midnight Bay, Merton Lad and Sounds Of Jupiter are all capable of going in-front. This trip may be tougher and a bit longer for the favorite. Good price for a lay bet. :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 Stratford 2.30 - Raincoat (evs) win Should be able to notch up his first win over hurdles here, last time out he finished 4th behind Red Moloney on good ground putting in a decent run. Hes a classy performer on the flat and i think he should improve on his last run which should be sufficient enough to take this one today. Good luck.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 Proper crack at BBOTD this month :hope 15:30 Doncaster - Leading Contender Leading Contender ran well after over a year off the track at Kempton, Conserding that was his first run for over a year I thought he performed very well, Hobbs stable in form and this horse looks a good bet today. 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 greyt big stuff 300 strat. goes hurdling today and is big enough to cope with hurdles and fences in future. has enough flat form to see him go well today and the trip and ground is ok. venitia williams can get the jumping well first time up and so at a decent price is worth a bet 1pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 5.10 Lingfield - Formidable Guest - Win Been in cracking form of late with 3 wins and 2 seconds from her last 5 runs. Just failed last time at Kempton and there has to be a worry that the handicapper might have just caught up with her. But she seems to run better here than at Kempton, 3 CD wins over todays trip, so she might just pull out a couple of lengths more Ghufa looks like going off favourite but he's up in class and up in the weights as is the other market leader, Old Romney. Ghufa has also no course record at Lingfield. Old Romney seems to have been slammed by the handicapper. Up 6 lbs for a CD win 2 runs ago, fair enough.Then he's put him up another 5lbs for finishing 2nd last time out, so effectively he's gone up 11 lbs since his last win. Seems grossly unfair on a pretty exposed animal to stick him up to 70 when he's never won off higher than 59 Still - makes my selection's job a bit easier............

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 SORRELL RIDGE 3.20 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. Not the best of races to select a nap from, but I think this race is there for the taking and if Nicol Polli can get the fractions right, then I think we should go very close. The trip and surface wouldn't be a problem and the price is there.

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 Wolverhampton 5.20pm 1pt lay Sounds Of Jupiter Horse has a good recent form curve but trip today v field looks a bit to much for me and depends on pace of the race,today should have good support in the betting ring and good odds should be a nice lay. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 Lingfield 5.10: Our Kes Can be forgiven LTO no show when finishing last of 13 over 9f at Wolves when attempt at front running went wrong. Penultimate start of more interest today though when finishing 3rd to Old Romney over C&D. 9lbs better off with that rival today for the two and a quarter length beating but far more attractively priced. If Old Romney can be given a squeak, then this one must have place claims at the very least. Draw could have been kinder but if able to get a decent pitch from the stalls then every chance for in-form stable. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best bet of the day 2/3/09 450 Wolverhampton - Imprimis Tagula 1pt WIN In what should be a straight match up between the selection and Blue Tomato, Im siding with Imprimis Tagula due to his apparent retrun to form LTO @ Southwell and dropping back in trip from 6f to the extended 5f should also suit, aloing with dropping from a class 5 claimer to a class 6 claimer. Gives away some weight to the officially higher rated Blue Tomato, but with BT struggling to get his head in front lately (4 succesive seconds in Class 6's over 5f), he may find the selection too tough.