Best bet of the day 26/2/09

chris34

5.10 southwell Hawkspring looks to be in absolute fine form and the market looks asthough it is gonna allow an each way bet here. Does carry a 6lb penalty for recent win over this distance at lingfield last week. Has won at southwell before and does run well here too!! Hawkspring 0.5pt e/w

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 16-20 Ludlow - Ballingaddy - EW - SUPER/BANKER BET

Ballingaddy stayed on very strongly lto and this step up in distance could be the difference. He looks to be off a nice mark for his handicap debut and the good ground should also help. Goes with the first time blinkers which should help his concentration and with Alan King in pretty good form this could be an ideal opportunity to get off the mark. Should also go off at decent odds of around 8/1 so certainly a good each way opportunity to say the least.

Currently just over 8/1 available on Betfair.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 Nad Al Sheba 5.15 J J the Jet Plane 1 pt win. A bit risky this one because he bombed out a bit on his duabi debut in a race which if near his best from his homeland he ought to have won. However that was on dirt and its likely he didnt take to it and back on turf today he could well be a different proposition. I have to say its difficult from an eng. persepctive to know what his SA from represents truly, the handicapper has him on 120 rated which means in theory he has a fair bit in hand today but you can never truly tell. However War Artist who was over here last summer and often ran well, gives a small indication because he only just beat a horse who JJTJP beat quite well and if that formline stands up, then JJTJP for whom there has been hype about, could be tough to beat today and tough to catch from a low draw.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 14:30 TAUNTON Soft Spoken Guy EW - 0.50PTS 13-2 RPF Beaten by 66L in 4th of 6 for his British debut 12Feb09 but blame can go on the Heavy going. Two NHF starts in IRE produced a win (career debut) and 2nd for Anthony Mullins. 14L defeat was to subsequent Grade 1 winner Pandorama. Both starts were raced on Soft going. Soft is the forecast for today's race. Trainer P J Hobbs since 12Feb in trips of 17f forms 7 runs, 3 wins, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds. 1221331.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 L3.50 Pretty Star 0.5pt E/W From the in form Venetia Williams yeard, this one renews its partnership with the stables claiming jockey for the first time since they teamed up to win over course and distance last month. Has won on this grade and off this mark so should be in the mix today. A reproduction of that race over c&d would certainly see it amongst the places.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 Ludlow 3-50 Hermano Cordobes 1pt win Forget his recent form, all on g/s or softer, he simply does not appear to go on it. On todays forcast good ground I expect him to bounce back to form. His record in chases on good ground is 2 wins and 2 seconds, he is 0 wins from 5 on ground softer than good.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 5.10 Southwell Diamond Suprise has shaped as if she would get further as she has been consistently making the frame over sprint trips at the track. On the 27th December she finished third to Hellbender on her handicap debut in a nursery and was outpaced 2f out but ran on inside the final furlong. That run came over 6f, as did all of her other subsequent runs, and on 13th Jan she was second to My Sweet Georgina. She had every chance approaching the final furlong but was beaten by a length, keeping on. She was again ran over 6f at the beginning of the month when she raced awkwardly, pulling hard and hanging badly right throughout. Sporting Life note she was 'virtually unrideable' that day, but nevertheless she made headway, and had every chance 2f out, but lacking the pace to score over that trip but again keeping on and falling short by just a head behind Spiritual Healing. Her last race came on the 6th of February and she finally lost her maiden tag by picking up a class 6 handicap off a mark of 65. That win did come over 6f but to be fair the race was only a modest 4 -runner affair, with the second nothing more than a solid plating horse (although she did win a claimer nto) but again she ran on well inside the final furlongs and I think her profile points to her needing a step up in trip. Just looking over this form of this one she reminds me very much of Boss Hog who needed a step up in trip at Southwell and incidentally it is the same trainer/jockey combo with this one today. I would be happy with 7/2 or bigger for her and Skybet offer 7/1 currently which is a super price. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 Taunton 4.00pm 1pt lay Prophete De Guye From my notes this horse did not jump well overall in the race LTO and today takes on a field that i view has the beating of this Fav (i hope) market hope will push out to fav as has best recent form to the naked eye at first glance,laying today. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 8.50 Wolverhampton - Plush - Back I love this fella. He's been ultra consistant over the last few months, winning 4 of his last 6, and one of the defeats was by a short head. Looks to have a great chance today. The only negative for me is that Ross Atkinson isn't up for the ride, but Richard Kingscote has ridden him before, and should still be gould enough today 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 320 Ludlow: Chevy To The Levy EW I think this one has been overlooked in the market, at first glance maybe looks high in the handicap but has been dropped 5lbs and Ollie Greenall takes another 5 off. Comes back after a break to race on the surface of his best runs. Had one run in December before the heavens opened and was giving 9lbs to the likes of Finney, Tender Falcoln and King Ar Aghaidh all winners now so ran well considering. Wouldnt be too surprised if it was backed either coming from a shrewd stable unless this is sharpener for something else around the corner. Anyway worth the risk, 50/1 available at SBet as we speak!!

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 3.50 Ludlow: Iron Man Very temptingly weighted on best form; stable in a rich vein of form just now; trip at top limit but good ground should help; if forgiven last couple of below par efforts must be in with a big chance on first venture back into Class 3 company for over 2 years. WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 DISPOL GRAND 3.10 Southwell. 1 point win. Needs to find a bit on the bare form of things with a few, but this race should be run to suit with plenty of pace involved. Taking on trust he's fit enough, then with no trip and surface worries, he should be able to come home strongly and go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 KARASAKAL 3.20 Ludlow. 1 point win. Can go from the front and I hope he will today. This is better ground for him and so I expect him to have enough in reserve come the latter stages, so with that and a decent trip, I think we should be able to go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 another display 330 taun. only had the one run in this country and open to any amount of improvement. the favourite (gullible gordon) should be tough to beat, but i dont trust this fella and feel if we can improve enough, we can get the better of a battle with him and the 2nd fav (cast cada). we are the best value price in the race which makes the bet for me.

Re: Best bet of the day 26/2/09 7.20 Wolv - Count Ceprano - Win Drops down to a class 5 for the first time in a while having come down to 75 in the ratings. Ran in a class 3 last time and ran poorly, beaten 6L by Flowing Cape, Southandwest, Capricorn Run. There's nothing of that calibre running tonight. Mostly he's been running in class 4 handicaps and being beaten a couple of lengths by the likes of Gallantry, Mogok Ruby, Dvinsky - all pretty solid all weather sprinters. Tends to get behind in his races then come with a late rattle but in better races they've usually flown by the time he gets going. Hopefully this lot wil be running a bit slower and give him a chance to catch them To be honest, he's a horse I've been following and trying to pick the day he wins - if it's not today, I'm giving up on him. My thought has been that he wants 7 furlongs in a race with 2 or 3 front runners taking each other on and setting it up for his late burst. There's a couple of sharp types running tonight and I'm hoping his class at this level will negate the need for the 7th furlong.