** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Denman

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Denman

The only horse in training' date=' where my betting is nowhere near as important as it usually is. Will cheer him from start to finish as always and hope he's well and wins. Come on, Denman :drums[/quote'] Its a race Im purposely avoiding betting in. I hope that Denman is fit and well, runs a good race and then returns fit and well. For me, its immaterial whether or not Denman wins (as Ive not/nor will have a bet), Its all about how well he runs, and how fit he is after the race. We know he is the classiest and best horse in the race and in some people's eyes, in training altogether, so its all about doing the best by the horse, even if it means not winning today but enjoying the first racecourse run for a year. The ultimate aim is the Gold Cup and I personally dont feel that he needs to win today, in order to win the gold cup. Just needs to get that bit of sharpness/fitness required. Would also be good for the Gold Cup betting if he did lose today, given that his price may in actual fact drift.

Re: Denman Lacklustre 2nd what is this commentator on about. Madison De Burlais is obviously a lot fitter with the runs he has had over Denman, And considering all the problems he has had i think he has done well to finish 2nd. In front of Albertas Run, Joe Lively, And An Accordion who has been off 3 days more then Denman and he pulled up half way round. Denman im pretty sure will be back and better.

Re: Denman Delighted with the run. The pace set wasn't the usual Denman's pace. I'm sure connections will be happy. Interesting what Walsh and Nicholls will say. Those two beat everything else miles clear. I think Madison has improved stones and is a real player for the GC.

Delighted with the run. The pace set wasn't the usual Denman's pace. I'm sure connections will be happy. Interesting what Walsh and Nicholls will say. Those two beat everything else miles clear. I think Madison has improved stones and is a real player for the GC.
I agree Madison will be a big contender but Cheltenham is a different track and i think Denman will come on for this ride and i can see Thomas taking the mount again and it could be the same story as last year.

ruby wont be riding it anyway:unsure question why the change of colours? doesnt the horse normally run in Findlays colours!
I think they are changing them. Once in Barber's and once in Findlay's :) Don't be surprised if you see Denman bypassing the Gold Cup. The more I think of it, the more I am starting to believe it. Owners have been very very keen on Grand Nationa.

Re: Denman I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist at times Now firstly, WHY & when did the BHB decide to have a contingency race in case Newbury was abandoned. WHY didnt they save the other 2 big races Game Spirit & Tote Trophy which have big sponsors. WHY couldnt Kempton get thier meeting on yesterday??? I think personally Kempton were very confident on getting thier meeting on & could have raced yesterday however that would not have got Denman its run which it quite clearly needed. It had to run today Cheltenham would be too close as no Gold cup winner since i can remember ran later than the Aon chase. My view is that the BHB moved heaven & earth to ensure Denman ran today. tell me i'm wrong?? the evidence stacks up doesnt it??

Re: Denman A shame to see such a beast beaten but it happens to the best of them. He was beat today but I dont think for a minute he is beaten in the long run, the bookies are going 4/1 now for the gold cup which is massive in my eyes, no way is Kauto a 5/4 shot when Denman is 4/1 (Ladbrokes). Madison is certainly one to follow, winning the Hennessy and now beating Denman (although unfit). He has improved 10-fold on last season. What is the script with the colour change?

Re: Denman I think you are all mising the big piturce here.Think back to the Gold Cup last season. Several questions and points come to mind. What did he beat. Kauto Star: Never going well,despite Ruby telling the whole world they wern't going that fast. Never jump a twig and never looked half the horse he did in the King George. Neptune Collonges finished only a neck behind Kauto Star. No way on God's earth is that form remotely believable. Exotic Dancer: Badly out of form after racking his back only a few weeks before the race. In truth outside of the Gold Cup the race today may well have been Denman's toughest challenge to date. Kempton? excuse yes. Fitness? excuse no. PN: He's better than ever and I ave no worriesabout going straight to the Gold Cup" said PN The Hennessy was a joke last season and the form has never been franked and in reality he beat little else. The Listener? Wouldn't blow wind up KS's backside at any distance. Not for one minute am I saying Denman isn't a very good horse, but had he met the Kauto Star who won the King george at Cheltenham then the result would surely have been very different? We should be asking why hasn't Ruby even hinted at getting off Kauto Star? The answer is simple: Ruby knows which is the best horse and will show everyone on Gold Cup day why. he wouldn't desert KS for anything.

I think you are all mising the big piturce here.Think back to the Gold Cup last season. Several questions and points come to mind. What did he beat. Kauto Star: Never going well,despite Ruby telling the whole world they wern't going that fast. Never jump a twig and never looked half the horse he did in the King George. Neptune Collonges finished only a neck behind Kauto Star. No way on God's earth is that form remotely believable. Exotic Dancer: Badly out of form after racking his back only a few weeks before the race. In truth outside of the Gold Cup the race today may well have been Denman's toughest challenge to date. Kempton? excuse yes. Fitness? excuse no. PN: He's better than ever and I ave no worriesabout going straight to the Gold Cup" said PN The Hennessy was a joke last season and the form has never been franked and in reality he beat little else. The Listener? Wouldn't blow wind up KS's backside at any distance. Not for one minute am I saying Denman isn't a very good horse, but had he met the Kauto Star who won the King george at Cheltenham then the result would surely have been very different? We should be asking why hasn't Ruby even hinted at getting off Kauto Star? The answer is simple: Ruby knows which is the best horse and will show everyone on Gold Cup day why. he wouldn't desert KS for anything.
Some very good points there, I guess we'll find out one way or another in the Gold Cup:ok

Lots of debating and differing opinions :ok Its now a fascinating race :)
agree big time, its what racing is all about:ok With the QM chase all but over as there are no challengers to MM this year, the GC is again the race that will have everyone talking. Would be great if they went 5/2 the field but i doubt it!

I think you are all mising the big piturce here.Think back to the Gold Cup last season. Several questions and points come to mind. What did he beat. Kauto Star: Never going well,despite Ruby telling the whole world they wern't going that fast. Never jump a twig and never looked half the horse he did in the King George. Neptune Collonges finished only a neck behind Kauto Star. No way on God's earth is that form remotely believable. Exotic Dancer: Badly out of form after racking his back only a few weeks before the race. In truth outside of the Gold Cup the race today may well have been Denman's toughest challenge to date. Kempton? excuse yes. Fitness? excuse no. PN: He's better than ever and I ave no worriesabout going straight to the Gold Cup" said PN The Hennessy was a joke last season and the form has never been franked and in reality he beat little else. The Listener? Wouldn't blow wind up KS's backside at any distance. Not for one minute am I saying Denman isn't a very good horse, but had he met the Kauto Star who won the King george at Cheltenham then the result would surely have been very different? We should be asking why hasn't Ruby even hinted at getting off Kauto Star? The answer is simple: Ruby knows which is the best horse and will show everyone on Gold Cup day why. he wouldn't desert KS for anything.
KS didnt travel well, as he wasnt allowed to. The gallop set by Denman was relentless. AP said as much as well on The Morning Line today as well, that he had never seen such a performance. He was waiting for Denman to stop/slow down but it didnt happen.

Re: Denman Even if you look at the distances from today's race and King George. Both races over 3m and both here at Kempton. Kauto Star beat Albertas Run by 10 lengths off level weights. Denman beat Albertas Run by 25 lengths giving him 5lbs. I will never back Kauto Star at 2/1 just looking at these statts. The other question is can you back Denman or Kauto Star being 4/1 and 2/1?

Re: Denman nicholls says kauto star is the one to beat after denmans poor run Nicholls was visibly downbeat about the defeat of Denman - who failed for just the second time in his 15-race career to finish triumphant. While Nicholls admitted the early-season problem with his heart had necessitated a different training regime, he was not offering any excuses. "He has run a satisfactory race without running a brilliant race," he reflected. "It was good to get him out and we are happy enough with him. "He has jumped and galloped and the run will bring him on, but he hasn't won and the writing was on the wall a long way from home. "We have done our best and he will improve a bit for the run but to be honest what you see today is what you get - he isn't going to improve enormously. "He wasn't distressed in any way. We will get him checked but have been monitoring him all of the way along and his heart hasn't given him any bother at all." His powerful Gold Cup success came after his win in this race last season, run under its usual guise of the Aon Chase at Newbury, and Nicholls proffered the view that his blue riband success may have seen the horse peak in a manner which is now history. He admitted: "The Gold Cup was the end of 14 runs and he might have reached a pinnacle that day. "We have got to accept he might not be as good as he was. The Gold Cup got to the bottom of him and he took a lot of time to get over it. "I couldn't have run him anywhere after it and if you watch the replay he got very tired, and then we had the heart problem when he came back in. "He has never been a horse who would show you a great deal at home, so he hasn't been any different there. "He wasn't at his brilliant best today and he does need to improve - there is no point saying otherwise. "He's got to improve between now and Cheltenham - it is quite possible that last year was the once-in-a-lifetime performance from him and he might not produce that again, especially after the problems he has had. "We have just got to go to the next race now and see if he does improve." Denman is now as big as 4-1 with the sponsors for the totesport Gold Cup, while stablemate, 2007 winner and last year's runner-up Kauto Star is just 5-4 at the head of the market with Ladbrokes. Nicholls added: "Kauto Star will be the one to beat in the Gold Cup. He has won the King George and has come back to form. "I was hoping Denman would whistle round