** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bbotd 7/1/09

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 3.25 Kempton Wine 'n Dine -This is a horse I have been keeping tabs on over the past couple of months. He first caught my eye at the start of December as one that was well handicapped. Let in off on a mark of 72 for his handicap debut he had some decent bits of maiden form previously, most notably a hugely promising fourth on his Newmarket debut when behind General Elliott. The Paul Cole rival has ran in some decent AW races at listed level and is rated in the 100's after winning a conditions race next time out to boost the form of that maiden. The second, Sortita, has subsequenty won off 86 in handicaps, and Wine 'n Dine was only around 4 lengths behind that day. The 6th, Amanjena, has won off 74 in handicaps and won a classified stakes race at Ascot rated 87 when last seen, so the form overall looked solid. On his handicap debut he was sent off favourite but was narrowly beaten by Cape Colony. However, he ran up against that rival again when last seen and with the Richard Hannon horse raised in the handicap to 81, he managed to reverse the form. He stayed on well in the closing stages to lead at the post so I think the step up in trip here could work in his favour. He handles the surface for sure, is a previous course winner, won for Eddie Ahern last time and could still be ahead of the handicapper with a 6 lb increase from his last run. 1 pt win.

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 Kempton 3.55pm 1pt lay Aeroplane Hayley Turner takes the ride again today with Aeroplane and LTO gave him a late run to win at Lingfield over 7f but needs things to fall right for him and today this race looks harder than the race at Lingfield, odds are good as the punters think a follow up win is on the cards me i think not. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 2.55 Kempton - SHARPS GOLD [0.5pt e/w] Should not be 25/1 in my opinion. Ok, you need to go back to February for it's last worthwhile piece of form, but has only had 3 runs since then - over 9 and 10f. Races too keenly to see out those trips however. That run back in February was over 8f here at Kempton, when he got gubbed in the final strides. Down to 7f, from a good draw [13 of 14] with habitually slow to stride Thabaat inside of it, he can take up a good posi and should be there at the end of this 7f trip.

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 K2.55 Guildenstern 1pt Win Hasn't had the luck in running in the last couple of races but has been finishing well at the end of its races. Drawn well today and will be suited by c&d so I'm hoping for a big run and a bit more luck in running. Should be about 6/1. Marmooq is the obvious danger but the penalty might just be too much for that one.

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 Kempton 15.55 Nezami he is the younger horse on this 7f race, but despite that fact he has a lot of Class 2/3 runs and some nice results there - Win, second and third place. He is favored with his weight against the favorit Aeroplane, who is 5 lbs higher then last time. Nezami will have Martin Dwyer on his back, which is better then Atzeni last time.

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 14:50 Wolverhampton - River Kirov Short price but I can't see River Kirov being beat today, Hacked up on Saturday at Kempton over this 6f trip, He does face a penalty for winning both races but I think he will still prove to classy for these bunch, In top form and will take all the beating here, May play a small RFC with War and Peace who was backed very well last time out and wasn't beating far at all. 2pts BANKER

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 Wolverhampton 2:20 Sorrel Ridge From LTO... Dropping one Class from 5 to 6. All but one (Irish raider) raced in a Class 6. Beaten 7 3/4 lengths into 5th of 5 runner at Great Leighs. First time with tounge strap and cheek pieces that day. Tounge strap is off today but cheek pieces stays. It was his best effort on the all-weather. Previous beaten distances are 23 and 13. Three of four rivals from that raced from his last outing all placed. 4th- Mandhooma finished 2 of 5 @ 16-1 3rd - Fangfoss Girls, placed 2 of 7 @ 4-1 1st - Gone Hunting, placed 3rd of 9 in a Class 4 Hc. 1pt ew @ 20-1 Betfred

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 2.25 Kempton - Sofia's Star - win Only 5 runners now in the claimer and it wouldn't be a shock if any of the 5 won, there doesn't seem to be a lot between them Sofias Star is a CD winner and has recent good form in handicaps, with a win and a second in his last 2 runs. He has the huge benefit of Jim Crowley in the saddle who seems to be establishing himself as the best jockey at Kempton. Electric Warrior mainly wins over 8 furlongs - Jewelled Dagger mainly wins over 9 furlongs. This sharp 7 might be against them Can't find much wrong with Desert Dreamer, looks to have a good chance. His last 3 races have been similar to this one and he couldn't win them. Dascombe's runners since Christmas have been going poorly, even the fancied ones. So I'll pass him over for today Dressed To Dance has no worthwhile form on the all weather and is coming back from a break with no pattern of running well fresh. So I'm going with Crowley to boot the 'Star' home...........:ok

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 ROYAL SALSA 3.20 Wolverhampton. Goes handicapping now off a nice looking mark of 48, and with the chance of seeing improvement for the switch to the aw and with this looking a weak race, it wouldn't be any surprise to see this one go well. The price is there to take the chance. 0.5 points each way.

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 5.50 Wolve - Aypeeyes Very interesting runner from Alan King. Won 2 starts ago on turf off 77 and is perfectly capable doing the same off 81. The other King horse makes no appeal to me and I think it's there just to insure there's strong enough pace. Aypeeyes has to be the stable's first string and can win here. The fav won a poor race and is worth taking on. Even if there's no jump meeting I can still find a jump trainer to back ;)