** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt

Burnley Joe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt Actually starts at 15:30 ET, which is 20:30 UK Time, same time as the $200k:ok Tournament ID 126551369 "This is an official attempt at the Guinness world record for World's Largest Poker Tournament! $500,000 is guaranteed! 10-handed tables, 10-minute levels."

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt

Max entrants 35000 so definately a nice overlay:loon
Ive got a new and very complex formulae for working out overlay. It involves the added ammount, the number of players, the time expected to reach the money the total table time of all players divide this by the cost of extra ciggys smoked and alchohol consumed and you get estimated overlay of 6 cents an hour here. Think I.ll give it a miss:unsure Whats the old record anyway?

Whats the old record anyway?
Taken from pokernewsdaily....
Verification of a new accolade takes about six weeks and is conducted out of Guinness’ home offices in London. Last August, PokerStars ran a similar tournament that boasted an $11 buy-in and offered a $100,000 guaranteed prize pool. In that event, 20,000 players turned out, which PokerStars claimed was the largest cash tournament ever held at the time. PokerStars member Lynna1 pocketed $20,000 for first place.
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/pokerstars-to-hold-world-record-tournament-818/

• 2 weeks later...

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt Missed it too - entry keeps falling to 34999 as someone unregisters, but it hits 35k again before I can register (2 confirmation boxes to tick) :wall :wall :wall Going to try something different next time - tick the first confirmation box, then wait for a second unregistration before ticking the second box :unsure

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt Have the main lobby and the tourney lobby showing. (they appear to refresh at different rates, so one will update before the other) - when you get a register button, click it :ok Then click "ok" to allow your hole cards to be shown on the final table. The next box is where you wait - you can complete the radio button straight away ...but wait (and watch intently) - you dont need another register button - just as soon as you see entry fall to 34999 or a register button appear, then click "ok" and you should be in :hope

Have the main lobby and the tourney lobby showing. (they appear to refresh at different rates, so one will update before the other) - when you get a register button, click it :ok Then click "ok" to allow your hole cards to be shown on the final table. The next box is where you wait - you can complete the radio button straight away ...but wait (and watch intently) - you dont need another register button - just as soon as you see entry fall to 34999 or a register button appear, then click "ok" and you should be in :hope
Well I'll be fcuked if I can get in, staring at the screen as as soon as down to 34999 hitting ok and still saying tourny is full :lol:lol:lol

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt Worked for me first time :unsure Are you seeing it switch from 35,000 to 34.999? I saw it switch and clicked immediately..... I actually wasn't that fussed, till I saw it was full, then decided I had to be in it :lol :lol :lol