** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

paysafecard

dili123in

Re: paysafecard Not a word from ECash but I got my account access back and put the withdrawal request in again. If I do play at DTD, you can be sure I'll be paying cash on the door rather than give those crooks another penny to look after. For Bet365 the till receipts they asked for weren't good enough. I've now had to send the individual paypoint receipts (48 of them). I have pre-emptively emailled Stan James to ask them to do a security check on my account, even though I haven't tried to withdraw yet. If they're friendly, this will probably be how I burn my remaining ~60 cards :) Credit card bill came today. £1100 on magazines and paypoint transactions - eek!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: paysafecard Finally got round to doing my two, Very easy procedure and good luck to paysafe as they appear to have found a niche in the market. Only did 2 as the local newsagent(Macdonald, Macleod, Mactavish & and Sons) dont stock immoral magazines just the Christian Herald and the Peoples Friend

Re: paysafecard

I am totally bemused by this promotion. I don't understand their business case. Paysafe give away £10 for every £10 you invest and don't have any way of limiting it to one per person. No doubt the newsagent gets a small commission for taking your £10, lets say 50p. So every £10 we pay costs them £20.50. I'm glad I'm not an investor in Paysafe because if I was I would be :wall:wall:wall right now.
This may be the dumbest question ever to all you business savvy people out there - but where's the profit come for Paysafe ?? - Not specifically in this promotion, but as a general working practice. For Instance - I give the shopkeeper £10 Cash, and get a voucher valued at £10 (commission free) to use as I will. The shopkeeper has a £10 note to put in his bank where it will earn interest for him. The website / or E-Company get my £10 worth of custom via the voucher - and the profit from the service/goods supplied. So where do Paysafe get 'profit' from ?? - do they charge the Shopkeeper .... ? ..... do they charge the sites ? If they do I can't understand why either would want to pay for the paysafe service - ?

Re: paysafecard There's no consumer protection with paysafecard, i.e. no way to get a chargeback and so from a merchant's point of view it's a no-risk transaction. As a result they will probably be happy to pay much higher fees than, for example, a credit card transaction. I'd guess that the fees for paysafe are in the range 10-15% and that the shopkeeper with the paypoint gets a small amount of that. Some shops let you buy paysafecard using a credit card. This means you can get money onto a gambling site from a credit card without incurring cash advance fees and you can earn cashback/nectar/airmiles for the transaction too. One I went to had a sign stating "£1.50 fee if you use a credit card for paypoint" although they didn't actually charge me this. Otherwise though you have to figure that the store receives a commission at least large enough to cover their own bank fees.

Re: paysafecard Dont know if this is of any use to anyone, but email today from Eurolinx:

New payment methods We have just gone live with paysafecard and P24. Paysafecard is a cash method for European players. See if you can purchase a card near you. P24 is a local banking method just for Polish players. Keep an eye on your Inbox – we have more payment methods coming!

• 4 weeks later...

Re: paysafecard

Not a word from ECash but I got my account access back and put the withdrawal request in again. If I do play at DTD, you can be sure I'll be paying cash on the door rather than give those crooks another penny to look after. For Bet365 the till receipts they asked for weren't good enough. I've now had to send the individual paypoint receipts (48 of them). I have pre-emptively emailled Stan James to ask them to do a security check on my account, even though I haven't tried to withdraw yet. If they're friendly, this will probably be how I burn my remaining ~60 cards :) Credit card bill came today. £1100 on magazines and paypoint transactions - eek!
Did you get your funds withdrawn in the end?

Re: paysafecard Ecash paid up after DTD asked for my account to be put back. Bet365 wanted to see copies of every paysafe voucher and every promotional card out of the magazine. It was referred to the head of fraud and security, who eventually ran out of reasons to delay and allowed the cashout. I asked Stan James in advance to do a security check for me and cashed out £100 without any problems but the majority of my balance is still in there. There shouldn't be any problems next time though.

• 1 month later...