** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November

Thommo85

Thursday 27 November 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
CSKA Moscow v Lech Poznan (17:00GMT) 1.454.7010.00100.24 % Details »
Hide « CSKA Moscow v Lech Poznan
Žilina v Slavia Praha (17:30GMT) 2.683.452.90100.78 % Details »
Hide « Žilina v Slavia Praha
Galatasaray v Metalist Kharkiv (18:00GMT) 1.544.107.50102.66 % Details »
Hide « Galatasaray v Metalist Kharkiv
NEC v Tottenham (18:00GMT) 3.853.452.20100.41 % Details »
Hide « NEC v Tottenham
Schalke 04 v Manchester City (18:00GMT) 2.153.703.65100.94 % Details »
Hide « Schalke 04 v Manchester City
Club Brugge v Saint-Étienne (19:45GMT) 2.103.603.80101.71 % Details »
Hide « Club Brugge v Saint-Étienne
Dinamo Zagreb v Spartak Moscow (19:45GMT) 2.503.403.05102.20 % Details »
Hide « Dinamo Zagreb v Spartak Moscow
Olympiakos v Benfica (19:45GMT) 2.253.353.70101.32 % Details »
Hide « Olympiakos v Benfica
Partizan Belgrade v Standard Liège (19:45GMT) 2.503.602.96101.56 % Details »
Hide « Partizan Belgrade v Standard Liège
PSG v Racing Santander (19:45GMT) 2.063.404.00102.96 % Details »
Hide « PSG v Racing Santander
Rosenborg v Valencia (19:45GMT) 5.003.751.86100.43 % Details »
Hide « Rosenborg v Valencia
Sampdoria v Stuttgart (19:45GMT) 1.923.554.70101.53 % Details »
Hide « Sampdoria v Stuttgart
Deportivo v Feyenoord (20:00GMT) 1.663.956.50100.94 % Details »
Hide « Deportivo v Feyenoord
Hamburger SV v Ajax (20:00GMT) 1.913.704.40102.11 % Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v Ajax
Portsmouth v Milan (20:05GMT) 3.553.402.3799.69 % Details »
Hide « Portsmouth v Milan
Braga v Wolfsburg (21:30GMT) 2.743.402.87100.69 % Details »
Hide « Braga v Wolfsburg

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Club Brugge look promising at these odds - St Etienne with the worst attack and defence in Ligue 1, bottom, losing 5/5 last, already in relegation battle ... Fancy also La Coruna and HSV, but in both games odds are set very well imo, so will probably settle with Hamburger only - Jol takes UEFA seriously, plus home advantage...

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November

Club Brugge look promising at these odds - St Etienne with the worst attack and defence in Ligue 1, bottom, losing 5/5 last, already in relegation battle ... Fancy also La Coruna and HSV, but in both games odds are set very well imo, so will probably settle with Hamburger only - Jol takes UEFA seriously, plus home advantage...
Curious with which squad St-Etienne will travel to Brugge. Can French experts tell us a bit more about that? Saint-Etienne are struggeling in Ligue 1 and the fact that UEFA qualification is almost 100% maybe lets the coach decide to field some subsitutes? Brugge will be almost with full squad so motivation is big. Their football isn't great (despite being 1st in Belgian ligue) so I'm waiting on some more news about Saint-Etienne. Tottenham away at NEC also caught my eye @ odds around evens. Will Tottenham take this game serious? They still have everything to play for (even after the home win against D. Zagreb). I don't rate NEC that high, so again a bet on the Spurs will depend of the team news.

Curious with which squad St-Etienne will travel to Brugge. Can French experts tell us a bit more about that? Saint-Etienne are struggeling in Ligue 1 and the fact that UEFA qualification is almost 100% maybe lets the coach decide to field some subsitutes? Brugge will be almost with full squad so motivation is big. Their football isn't great (despite being 1st in Belgian ligue) so I'm waiting on some more news about Saint-Etienne. Tottenham away at NEC also caught my eye @ odds around evens. Will Tottenham take this game serious? They still have everything to play for (even after the home win against D. Zagreb). I don't rate NEC that high, so again a bet on the Spurs will depend of the team news.
Seems that coach Perrin will make some changes in midfield and attack as they face a very important game this weekend in Ligue 1. Taken this into consideration, I think Brugge are worth a few units @ 2.00 Odds around 1.85 aren't value anymore.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November I like the look for Sampdoria @ 1.89 Stuttgart just sacked their manager over the weekend and seem to be in a mess whereas Sampdoria have finally picked it up a notch, not only winning but also getting goals consistently. We were all wondering where Cassano went, well he's alive and kicking just needed to warm up

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November got to have a crack at galatasaray at home one of the hardest away games and gala in pretty good form, also cska moscow just missed out on the russian title will be putting everything they have into tmoz game. i think tottenham and valencia will be to strong aswell but thts dnb for me :D

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Club Brugge's home record - 4-2-0 St Etienne's away record - 0-1-6 St Etienne are virtually already qualified from their group having won their two matches quite comfortably yet being horrific in the French league (lost their last 5). The new manager has said that he will not field the reserves but 'we will play our strongest team against Nice, which might not necessarily be the team we field against Brugge' come on that's the exact same thing as putting out reserves? Fancy Brugge here and their price is somewhat falling at the minute

Club Brugge's home record - 4-2-0 St Etienne's away record - 0-1-6 St Etienne are virtually already qualified from their group having won their two matches quite comfortably yet being horrific in the French league (lost their last 5). The new manager has said that he will not field the reserves but 'we will play our strongest team against Nice, which might not necessarily be the team we field against Brugge' come on that's the exact same thing as putting out reserves? Fancy Brugge here and their price is somewhat falling at the minute
and also coach said that he will rest some players for match in french league cause they have 2 wins in uefa i thnik that 4 players from defence will be rested so club brugge HW gl

Man city will lose in shackle the way they are playing away from home this seasib
I wouldn't rush with this one, there is always extra flavour in German - English games, where form and league status do not count, I have learned the hard/expensive way - last year Bayern - Bolton should ring a bell...

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Yeah, really like the price of AC Milan at Pompey. Portsmouth are yet to play well under Adams who I suspect may not be the manager at the end of the season. There are also rumours of a fire sale at the club in January. Defoe and Diarra are definitely out for Pompey, AC Milan (depending on team news) look massive, massive value.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Four BPOs Soccer - Partizan Belgrade/Standard Liege - total Over 2½ (+117) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - FC Brugge/St Etienne - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - Olympiakos/Benfica - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - Sampdoria/VfB Stuttgart - total Over 2½ (+115) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] I feel the best about Brugge...I think they'll win and pour it on, but I also think St Etienne won't just fall over; their reserves will be motivated, too. The one I feel worst about is Partizan, but I have learned that the ones I like most will lose, and the ones I fear most will win.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Hi to all,my first post on this forum even if i'm almost everyday here:).I think that today Valencia is capable of picking three points at (this season in tippeligaen) poor Rosenborg.Spaniards had difficult match with Sevila 4 days ago(0:0) and don't show much against Sporting Hihon at their last home game(2:3),but i still think that they are a class better side then Rosenborg.They must take this match very seriously if they want to stay in UEFA Cup,at the moment Valencia is not looking good with only one point in this G group"where club Brugge already won against St.Etienne"

got to have a crack at galatasaray at home one of the hardest away games and gala in pretty good form...
At 1,45 I wouldn't touch Galatasaray - HW is most probable and popular, but 2 facts keep me away : - Metalist knocked out from UEFA Besiktas in amazing way/ease, the Ukranian football clearly on the rise, - Galatasaray were shaky at home in the same Cup last year. If away, they were very reliable and it pays off to back them vs teams of such calibre. In this format of the Cup the game should be a banker, so I thought twice last year :@ and lost twice big... IMO if you are convinced in the HW, why not lower the stake a bit and go for Galatasaray/Galatasaray on HT/FT or -1,5 AH. It is not that these options look better to me, as last time in the Cups ( recently ) I had to wait for Galatasaray to turn (yet again) the game in the second half, being 1-0 down - they are risky at home. But if you are sure - look for higher odds somehow... NO BET for me here, good luck

Soccer - Partizan Belgrade/Standard Liege - total Over 2½ (+117) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - FC Brugge/St Etienne - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - Olympiakos/Benfica - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - Sampdoria/VfB Stuttgart - total Over 2½ (+115) for the regulation time held on Nov 27 at 2:45pm [pending]
Hi ATT, I am already on Olympiakos at 2,18 with betfair, thought about Sampdoria last night and now with your post will follow. Staked high enough on Brugge, so won't be touching it anymore, the HW would recover a terrible Sunday for me, but agree with your earlier point all French teams tend to go Over in UEFA. Only game that worry me is Partizan, the weather in this part of Europe is bad, it could be an ugly game, although I do not rule out 2-1 or 1-3 - Partizan are scoring often, with ease, so do Standart. The Over paid off well to me when the Serbs were at home to Sampdoria, but this time will pass... Good luck

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November GALATASARAY Sanctis Sabri Emre Aşık Servet Hakan Kewell Meira Ayhan Arda Lincoln Baros METALİST KHARKİV Goriainov Gancarczyk Obradovic Maidana Bordian Valyayev Edmar Sliusar Gueye Devic Coelho galatasaray plays very impressive at home in ali sami yen.. it is not important kharkiv or milan or barcelona.. cause gala can win everyteam at home..today lincoln and baros will play.. both didnt play at the weekend due to suspended.. and arda ,kewell.. kharkiv has no nothinh special.. and i watched this team to beşiktaş.. kharkiv doesnt play good football away. galatasaray straight wins; 1.55 bet365 galatasaray( -1 ) ; 2.6 great value..

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Schalke Vs Man City.. i tempted for this one, i fav to pick..schalke win at home , there are two factors make me choose this, 1. At this weekend, man city gonna derby with MU ( 30 Nov 2008).., so the coach won't push his squad at this game. they will save stamina of the squad to fight in derby. 2. Robinho didn't play tonight, because he prepare too to fight MU in derby. So, Put High Stake on SCHALKE HW @ 1.94 GL ALL :hope:hope

Yeah, really like the price of AC Milan at Pompey. Portsmouth are yet to play well under Adams who I suspect may not be the manager at the end of the season. There are also rumours of a fire sale at the club in January. Defoe and Diarra are definitely out for Pompey, AC Milan (depending on team news) look massive, massive value.
Yes the value isn't the worst. But bare in mind, AC Milan may well rest a few themselves, Kaka should play, but Ronaldinho won't start. [uEFA.com]
We have come here to get at least a point to qualify. We don't know this team very well, we have studied them during the week. But we do know Crouch, who has good qualities. It's a particular stadium, a classic English stadium, but the ground is good, it could be a good game. A few players will rest tomorrow, a few others will come in later, in any case there will be a competitive team.
Portsmouth do also have important players missing but should be compensated by the fact this is a massive side coming to Fratton Park. I don't see Milan losing, so a draw could be a decent bet (but I won't be taking part).

Club Brugge's home record - 4-2-0 St Etienne's away record - 0-1-6 St Etienne are virtually already qualified from their group having won their two matches quite comfortably yet being horrific in the French league (lost their last 5). The new manager has said that he will not field the reserves but 'we will play our strongest team against Nice, which might not necessarily be the team we field against Brugge' come on that's the exact same thing as putting out reserves? Fancy Brugge here and their price is somewhat falling at the minute
I think they play Nancy next, no?

I think they play Nancy next' date=' no?[/quote'] Yeah but I'd guess he was speaking before the last game which was with Nice. St.Etienne have another defender out injured. I'm going to wait and see what side they put out but they've already done enough to qualify for the next round.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November CSKA Moscow -1.5 With a 3-1 away win over Feyenoord and a 3-0 home win over Deportivo, then CSKA are well placed to win this game fairly comfortably given that a win here would send them through to the next round, and Lech now travel to a colder climate. Lech had a 2-2 home draw with Nancy and this game repsresnt a big step to what they may be used to and there is no reason why the leaidng goalscorer of the competition Love, cannot add to his goals as Lech have been allowing quite a few goals in. Tottenham Tottenham beat Dinamo Zagreb 4-0 at home while NEC lost to them 3-2 away. Spurs have the better players and have been playing quite well in the last month while NEC have struggled to get some good domestic form. A win for Spurs would just about give them enough points to qualify and considerig that NEC are probably the eay beats of this group, then Spurs should have the quality ot win this game.

Hi to all' date='my first post on this forum even if i'm almost everyday here:).I think that today Valencia is capable of picking three points at (this season in tippeligaen) poor Rosenborg.Spaniards had difficult match with Sevila 4 days ago(0:0) and don't show much against Sporting Hihon at their last home game(2:3),but i still think that they are a class better side then Rosenborg.They must take this match very seriously if they want to stay in UEFA Cup,at the moment Valencia is not looking good with only one point in this G group"where club Brugge already won against St.Etienne"

Hi ATT, I am already on Olympiakos at 2,18 with betfair, thought about Sampdoria last night and now with your post will follow. Staked high enough on Brugge, so won't be touching it anymore, the HW would recover a terrible Sunday for me, but agree with your earlier point all French teams tend to go Over in UEFA. Only game that worry me is Partizan, the weather in this part of Europe is bad, it could be an ugly game, although I do not rule out 2-1 or 1-3 - Partizan are scoring often, with ease, so do Standart. The Over paid off well to me when the Serbs were at home to Sampdoria, but this time will pass... Good luck
Good luck as well. Let's all beat those books! PS everybody be careful. Anybody notice that the best-priced line yesterday was Panathinaikos +865 for the outright win?

one of most unpredictable matches today IMO. Trondheim out of season' date=' nobody knows how fit the team is, Temperatures around Zero and rainy, Valencia had long journey to NO, won't be fresh for sure etc etc etc. Last year both teams met end of October in Trondheim and home team won 2:0! Thought about under 2,5, but finally decided for me NOBET, but wish you GL with Valencia pick :ok[/quote'] Yesterday on of the most predictable matches was Inter:zzz.After last year two defeats i believe that Valencia will be looking for revenge in this must win game for them.Two teams will be lined up by new coaches this time,even without Villa and Albelda i'm on quest's side and (Valencia AW)is my main bet today:hope

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Going for a treble here... Milan 6/5 - With or without their top players Pompey will struggle without Defoe, who's absence will affect Crouch. As mentioned they haven't played well, Campbell's out which will be a big loss given his experience. My only worry is that Pompey will be up for it more than Milan given the occasion, but Milan's skill should get the through. (Although betting aside it would be Great if Pompey did get a result) Schalke 8/11 - Quality side should beat a man city side poor away from home. Club Brugge Evs - Erm...just got an instinct.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventPartizan vs Standard
SelectionStandard
Strength10/10
Date27/11/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.85 (Back)
ReasoningThe counter attacking Belgians are a team I have really taken to and they should be too good for Partizan Belgrade. Standard ran over the top of Liverpool in the Champs League qualifiers and were unlucky to lose to a late goal in that tie. They have since beaten Everton and Sevilla and have proven themselves a team on the up. The value definetly lies with them here and they are worth a good bet.
EventPortsmouth vs AC Milan
SelectionAC Milan
Strength10/10
Date27/11/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningPompey are injury hit and the fact remains they are not in the same class as AC Milan anyway. The Italians are set to field a strong side tonight and with far more European experience under their belt, they should be far too strong for Portsmouth.
EventClub Bruges vs St Etienne
SelectionSt Etienne
Strength10/10
Date27/11/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.75 (Back)
ReasoningSt Etienne have started their venture with 2 wins and might just offer a bit of value here. They haven't been in good form in the league but their European form stands them in good stead having beaten Cophenhagen 3-1 and Rosenborg 3-0 and they look far too big tonight. Bruges know this is a must win game and the pressure is all on them and that will suit the French outfits counter attacking football.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 27th November Man City and Schalke should be fairly evenly matched sides. Schalkes home record is obviously a strong one, but I see value in the draw @ 3.8 here. City would be very happy with a point, and I doubt Schalke would be overly disappointed. I'll take the draw in the Spurs game also. A weakened Spurs side with little/no european experience will stutter especially away from home. Draw @ 3.4.