Coolers challenge $280 profit after 250 games

staffy

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Coolers challenge ($91 profit so far) same on stars, it's only 4% on the turbos. I simply wouldn't play these games with a 10% rake. I don't think it's profitable A 55% ITM on these at 10% rake is break even, at 4% it's 6% ROI. When you're multi tabling this is huge

Re: Coolers challenge ($91 profit so far)

Any thoughts on the standard of the $10 + 40c ones on stars versus the $5 + 20c ones ? and well done of course :clap
Dont think there is muh difference in the standard. In many ways you have more donks calling in th $5 games which makes it harder when your pushing with marginal hands.

same on stars, it's only 4% on the turbos. I simply wouldn't play these games with a 10% rake. I don't think it's profitable A 55% ITM on these at 10% rake is break even, at 4% it's 6% ROI. When you're multi tabling this is huge
I agree that the rake is much higher but if the play is significantly poorer then you will find it is profitable. Have a look at my progress on Boss and hopefully that will show it is profitable. You can also get 30% rake back so it's not as bad as it might seem.

I agree that the rake is much higher but if the play is significantly poorer then you will find it is profitable. Have a look at my progress on Boss and hopefully that will show it is profitable. You can also get 30% rake back so it's not as bad as it might seem.
I agree you're doing well and rake back does make a difference, but you don't appear to be doing all that much better. You're ITM ratios are comparable with mine. Either I'm a better player (very doubtful) or the standard is comparable. On your Five Euro one, you have a ITM ratio of 68% and ROI of 23%, my ITM is 67% but my ROI is 28.2%, a full 22.6% higher than yours, despite my slightly lower ITM. worth thinking about

I agree you're doing well and rake back does make a difference, but you don't appear to be doing all that much better. You're ITM ratios are comparable with mine. Either I'm a better player (very doubtful) or the standard is comparable. On your Five Euro one, you have a ITM ratio of 68% and ROI of 23%, my ITM is 67% but my ROI is 28.2%, a full 22.6% higher than yours, despite my slightly lower ITM. worth thinking about
The reason I don't belive the standard is comparable is mainly because of Slap's experience on Stars. I also don't see the same faces that often so tend to think that a lot of them aren't that familiar with the way to play these type of games. Reading other forums it seems that people are playing up to 30 tables at a time on Stars and to me that shows that there are a lot more people who understand the game. I should also be getting around 40 or so Euro's rakeback on Saturday. I don't think I would continue on Boss without the rake back deal. Each to there own :ok

Re: Coolers challenge ($91 profit so far) My ROI is above the 10% for the $5 which I would want as minimum so happy with the results so far.

Miscellaneous Data
Total CashesFirst Game (GMT)Last Game (GMT)Total RakeTotal ROI (?)ITM (?)Av. EntrantsTurbo Ratio (?)Av. % of field beaten
$260 30-Oct-0813-Nov-08$9 11.11%57.78%10.0100.0%48.4%

I have decided to try the non turbo games to see how I get on. i would imagine they will last a lot longer but should hopefully be able to build a stack before the stupid play. Lets see.
Do you need to build a stack ? I think attemping to build chips is what gets people into trouble, I approach them like this, up until 50 / 100 blinds, I play nothing but AA - QQ in early to mid position, i'll raise these hard and try and get all my chips in the middle preflop. After this I try and pick up one set of blinds and antes preflop uncontested per round of the table and hope to have my big blind uncontested from time to time (which happens about 1 time in 2). That's enough for comfortable survival. I'll not raise anyone that can't afford to fold unless i'm willing to go all the way with it. If I get a monster I'll play it. Solid bubble play. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. No C bets, no trying to steal on flops (I see less than 7% of flops), no value bets, no draws. Easy to multi table as well.

The reason I don't belive the standard is comparable is mainly because of Slap's experience on Stars. I also don't see the same faces that often so tend to think that a lot of them aren't that familiar with the way to play these type of games. Reading other forums it seems that people are playing up to 30 tables at a time on Stars and to me that shows that there are a lot more people who understand the game. I should also be getting around 40 or so Euro's rakeback on Saturday. I don't think I would continue on Boss without the rake back deal. Each to there own :ok
I was attracted to Stars by the lower rake, but as you say, I didn't do too well. But I over-confidently jumped in at a high level, and when I started off doing badly, it hit my confidence, which didn't help. To be fair (to myself), I didn't play that many games there, though, so I can't entirely rule out the possibility that I was just unlucky. I'm pretty sure the standard is a lot lower on Boss at the levels I've played most, though. Even if I was unlucky when I played on Stars, I think the difference in standard between Stars and Boss would probably be a bigger factor than the difference in rake, but I might be wrong. A 65% ITM rate at 10% rake is equivalent to about a 61.5% ITM rate at 4% rake. I suspect you're right that there are a lot of pretty competent players multi-tabling on Stars, but I don't expect these are playing at below about $10-$20, so there might well be a big jump in standard around that level.

Nice one Staffy :ok How do you think the games between Stars and Boss compare?
Not sure about the standard tbh there a bit slow on Boss and the network just annoys me at time. Ill get over that though if I keep winning.:ok

Not sure about the standard tbh there a bit slow on Boss and the network just annoys me at time. Ill get over that though if I keep winning.:ok
It is slow, makes it easier to multi-table!! You know about opening the tables in mini-view I take it?

Re: Coolers challenge ($91 profit so far) Yeah easier for multi tabling. Was playing 6 on stars so not going to play many more on virgin so no difference there. Also takes a while for the tables to fill not waiting on stars. Might be different in evening. yeah can open in mini view. Just played 4 more won 2. Should have won the other 2 but hey ho.

Re: Coolers challenge (€5.10 in 13 €5 games) Getting really pissed off now with this. I am getting outdrawn by such muppets and getting very frustrating. Raising big in position with JJ and getting called K9o whose in small blind. Blinds were 50/11 and he has 1800 chips dont think he is that desperate yet.