** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 1st target achieved !!!

Re: WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 29.5% of way towards 1st target If you signed up to Pokerkings through PL then you should get 30% rakeback through them :ok (though worth emailing them to verify and to get the exact T&C - I think it's only paid over a certain amount each month)

Re: WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 29.5% of way towards 1st target

If you signed up to Pokerkings through PL then you should get 30% rakeback through them :ok (though worth emailing them to verify and to get the exact T&C - I think it's only paid over a certain amount each month)
Yeah, it's €100 per month minimum rake ..... I got quite pissed off when I first signed up and after 2 months no rake back ..... of course playing only a few of the league games I was getting nowhere near that amount :loon' I get 30% on Paradise as well (same terms as PK) so considering that. How accurate is poker tracker u think ? So far showing rake of over $500 at my tables for the month :tongue2 I was thinking about Virgin also .... so could earn V Points, maybe play some V Point freerolls as well and see if I can get anywhere near the value of a flight :lol well I can dream :ok On a separate note, just played 4 hours at a table for $14 profit ..... pretty demoralised when I realised how long I was there, especially as I turned over the profit only in the last half hour ..... some tough players to begin with but didnt want to get up :eyes wanted to test myself ..... :lol not sure yet what I gained from it all but still 200 more hands experience ......

Re: WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 29.5% of way towards 1st target A brief post to update after week 4. Finally worked out I can get graphs staight from Poker Tracker so expect some all singing all dancing pictures in future weeks :nana In the meantime, my self made excel graph will have to do :ok graphweek4nk9.jpg Bottom line is my cash profit, top line is the grand total (so including MTT/SnG play and site bonuses). Good week after a relative 2 week struggle. Not making any headway playing MTT/SnG but the cash game is building the pot slowly. At some point I really need to knuckle down and spend a day going through some HH on Omaha Tracker ... there is a whole world of improvement out there for me if can pick out the fish from the sharks (know a few of the latter already :sad) If anyone wants to see any particular stats that will give you a better idea of how Im really doing, just ask. Not sure what best to post for those interested but happy to share the wonderful world of Omaha Tracker with you all :ok End of week 4 Cash Total : $577.11 MTT/SnG : $119.59 Site Bonus : $67.73 Grand Total : $764.43 Just over 50% of the way there !! :cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 50.9% of way towards 1st target My second $300+ week saw me break the $1k mark already by the end of week 5 :loon Played about 1300 hands again with only about half at the lower stakes (0.10/0.25). Playing more and more hands at higher stakes now .... goes against what I was trying to do a bit (i.e. play within my bankroll) but I believe there is not much difference between 80% of the players up to $1/$2 .... at least that's what I see :\ It has been important though not to change my style. In the past I've lost a bit of my aggression when playing higher levels, but starting to get a bit more confidence in my decision making (hands to play, players to attack). A few times I have got it horribly wrong and sometimes just made bad decisions ....... that's poker I guess. But after 7.5k hands though I think I must be doing something right :ok (Although I did read an article recently that made me think I could still have been lucky rather than good over this many hands ...... paranoid ?? maybe :lol) I also switched sites at the end of the week for some variety. The move to a different network seems to have had immediate results. Finished 8/98 in a $10 rebuy and have followed that up with just under $600 winnings after just under 300 hands :clap Would have been more if I didn't open that damn Omaha Hi table ...... :@ Stats for those sessions; new1cw3.jpg new2za1.jpg At time of writing I am within sniffing distance of my target profit. Cash Profit = $1294.66 MTT / SnG = $65.79 Site Bonus = $116.42 Grand Total = $1476.87 :cheers I am pretty happy so far, playing about the right amount of poker to keep me entertained but not so much that I am bored. Even though I am having mixed success, still find the challenge of MTTs and SnGs fun. And I have never earnt so many loyalty points on sites :lol Hopefully bust the $1500 mark this weekend and start a new challenge :ok

Re: WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 98.5% of way towards 1st target !!!

WP mate. Excellent results. :clap:clap:clap
Great going Myrie :clap
Thanks guys :ok Just the extra encouragement I needed ..... Passed the milestone tonight ..... Total Profit = $1,537.69 So I guess I have no excuses now for not playing in the $1500 Omaha8 at the WSOP next year. :nana Withdrew half the money last week and the other half will be on its way to my savings account shortly :ok Will be some reflection posted soon .... but for now gonna relax and enjoy the moment .... looking forward to Vegas already :cheers

Re: WSOP 2009 Variant Challenge II - 1st target achieved !!! Thanks for the support guys :clap Even the missus is warming to the idea of Vegas now I've shown her I don't just lose money playing poker :loon

Great result :ok Why stop though, carry on to get some spending money!!
That is the plan, will work on spending money, flights and hotel bit by bit .... to be honest didn't expect to hit the $1500 so early but once I got on a roll I put in a few extra hours :D I have though taken my winnings off sites and put it to one side. It may sound a bit backward, but I have an amount I'm prepared to play with each month. Between now and June, even if I don't have any more winning months and lose more than $1500, I still have the tourney buy-in put to one side so it's a bonus to me ...... hope you can see the logic. Still have a small amount left over and will work from that (re-deposit if I have to but having not done that for 6 weeks now I would like to keep that up :) ). I should try to play more MTTs for practice and maybe qualify for a few bigger buy-ins that come up. Right now though Im gonna take a small break with no pressure and read some books ..... ordered 4 from Amazon and they arrived this morning. "Omaha High-Low" by Bill Boston "Farha on Omaha" by Sam Farha (name rings a bell :lol) "Championship Omaha" by TJ Cloutier and Tom McEvoy "High-Low-Split Poker" by Ray Zee Not sure how good they all are but no harm in giving them a go :D