Y.S.K.M.V - (Tennis) Bets 237 Yield : -10.19%/ROI:Don't Ask!

Guest cjamars

Guest cjamars

Tennis - Is it possible to make money betting on something you know nothing about? My question is only semi facetious. Football is (for better and worse) my own brand of poison both for the pleasure of watching and the sweaty palmed pain of betting. I made a very serious stab at gambling glory in a 3 month spell in Liverpool before Christmas. I had the good fortune to be able to do nothing but sit all day doing studying form, gambling and generally being dissolute. It was absolutely brilliant. I was to all intensive purposes gambling professionally. Unfortunately while I turned over a very large sum of money my return was meager. I had resigned myself to losing a mid range 4 figure sum worse case scenario but as it was I made a few hundred quid which didn’t scratch the surface of my expenses and the income foregone. Although I kept generally to good staking policies my return was (much like previous years) made really only possible by 5 or 6 largewins (thank you Bestikas and Viking) without which I would have been very much in the red. It was definitely fun while it lasted but convinced me of the belief (generally backed up by studies) I have always had that football is amongst the hardest of all sports to make a profit (let alone a living from). My admiration for those few who make football betting pay as full time career was enhanced in spades by my own futile efforts. Any lingering dreams of never working again vanished over 3 great months on the Merseyside. Since after Christmas I haven’t has much as had a single flutter for reasons of being burned out, away from decent communications and a desire to convince myself that I could do without. Well I’ve decided to give another serious stab at glory but as the football season in Europe is drawing to a close I’ve decided to cast my eye further afield and try something a bit different. I was pondering a return to golf betting that I had a mild but relatively successful flirtation with back around 1999-2000 but the whole game leaves me cold and I decided to abandon that. Then what did I see but a little spinning tennis ball on Joe’s site next to the venerable Football Data link. “Eureka†I thought :eek . Tennis!! One small problem…:lol .I know absolutely fcuk all about it. I lost interest when the lovely (best legs in tennis ever IMO) Steffi retired so it probably sounds like a bad idea to most of you. Tennis does have a number of things going for it as a betting medium however chief amongst them being the head to head nature of things. I know court surface, past tournament record etc are important too but to what degree will be a matter of trial and error.Imam starting from a position of complete ignorance I’m going to start with a bank of 2,000 Units and bet in stakes of 40 units. To add spice these will be real life units. I am going to base my bets purely on stats and on internet reports – I will not see a single match. I will try and draw up a list of qualifying factors this week and start betting next week in time for the tournament in Rome. I’d like to also enter for the Systems League (call it the “Death or Glory†system). Any input from tennis buffs and general punters welcome. Keep it constructive ;) . This is not a wind up as Odds Against will testify (hopefully) having seen some of the work I put into betting using Paul Steele’s book on football .

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest madmick

Re: Tennis - Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? Good on ya CJ I know F-All about footie, don't think I have seen anything other than the odd highlights clip from the Premiership, yet still doing alright with the DIMB2.0 system which is now guarnateed to end the season in profit, and will probably finish with 8%+ yield. So I think it is possible to make a profit without being a 'fan' of that sport. As for tennis specifically I think it could be suitable, and will, time permitting, be having a look at it myself over the coming months. Hope it all works well and finishes more glorious than dead! Good luck M.

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Tennis - Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? I can indeed vouch for CJ's Paul Steele system. In fact I am surprised that having put so much work into it he has not continued with it. Good luck with the tennis CJ. Will be watching with interest. I would take Mick's comments with a pinch of salt though. He may know fcuk all about football but he surrounded himself with some well known experts. :lol

Guest pibrahim

.. Actually only two days ago I decided to give tennis betting a go... I'm getting pretty fed up with football betting to be honest. Keep us posted!

Guest trigger

Re Tennis A nice surprise to see this topic come up. In the last week I have started having a go at betting on tennis. I really enjoy my football betting, and have no intention of giving it up, but lets be honest, it really is a hard slog at times. I know absolutely nothing about tennis, and some would say less about football, but the thing that inspired me to have a go, is there are only two outcomes, which must give you some form of a better chance than football. Incredibly up to now I have a 100% record. I know this won’t last, and must assume that I have been blessed with more than my fair share of “beginners luck†so bearing this in mind, I have kept my feet firmly on the ground, and not exceeded I unit on each bet. When the football season ends, I intend to devote more time to tennis and hope it will be a profitable adventure for me. The way I have done it so far, is to use the bookies as a guide as to who should win the match. I also play a fantasy sports game where you buy shares into players/teams for upcoming matches. You win fantasy money if they win, and lose it if they lose. I then look at the price these players are, assuming the more expensive they are, the more successful they have been. If there is a big price difference to their opponent , and punters are buying into this player, I think it’s worth a go. Shades of Hill’s top list again, but bear in mind I am only betting 1 unit each time. I then look for a double, or if the odds are particularly low, I go for a treble. I know the above must sound a load of rubbish to the punters that spend hours studying form etc, but while it’s working for me, I intend to continue. Good luck cjamars, I will follow this thread with interest.

Guest madmick

Re: Tennis - Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge???

I would take Mick's comments with a pinch of salt though. He may know fcuk all about football but he surrounded himself with some well known experts
:rollin :rollin Yeah I but I didn't listen to them neither.......la la la la la..... :rollin

Guest cjamars

Money is too tight to mention Lets Put it down to crossed wires then Pauly :) and say if you're a fool then it takes one to know one :D Take Care

tennis betting This is the right time of year to be getting into tennis betting with the 3 slams as well as some other big tourni's. thats a lot of matches being played and on telly too. Not convinced there is any value for the punter who doesn't know anything as the change from clay to grass can throw up some suprises but this is deffo a golden period for tennis arbitrage as bookies tend to take differing views. I have followed tennis for years and will try to chirp in with analysis for the system. Good Luck

Guest Weststander

Tennis-Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? Hi Cjamars, great question,love it. IMO the answer's "it depends on how you approach it". If you're going to trawl a data base,armed with a systematic set of "rules",I'd say you need at least a rudimentary knowledge of how these rules are likely to relate to actual match outcomes.That way if you accidentally hit upon a seemingly profitable strategy that by chance has coincided with selections that are profitable for a reason not included in your original rules you won't be surprised when pure chance drops your system into the red. Players could be getting better than expected results because they've improved their return of serve & if you're totally ignorant of tennis you may not realise this(the best way to make dramatic improvement,btw).If this isn't one of your rules,chances are you've just hit lucky. Causation verses correlation in short. You can model a single tennis game along binomial lines(a whole match is very messy) & "points won on serve" & "points won as receiver" feature prominently.So these are good starting points. Also aside from the obvious surface changes,it's worth remembering that "best of 5" matches are slightly different from "best of 3" in that the longer format slightly advantages the stronger guy. If you do want a total no brainer approach tennis is the ideal format because the outcomes,be it matches,sets,games or possibly even single points can be treated in terms of being either "successes" or "failures" & as such fit the binomial/Bayes route perfectly. This method allows you to assume absoultely no prior knowledge of the relative mertis of the players.You set the prior probabilities of one player winning 0%,10%,20%,30% etc of the games/matches/sets at the same value in each case & then use the B/B approach together with actual data of head to heads to calculate the revised posterior probs. W.

Re: Tennis-Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? The main advantage of tennis is the low overround, usually 108% with the more generous bookies, as low as 102% with Planet Pinnacle. Bookies hate head to heads because of this and according to D. McGovern, some bookies even use tennis as a loss leader, i.e. they are prepared to lose money so long as they attract customers who will end up losing more on other sports. You will also find the bookies differ quite a bit on odds, I imgaine because they have less of an idea about form/surface etc. than for footy. Thus there can be a few decent arbitrage opportunities, or at the very least some very decent odds if you have a better idea than the bookies about a player. I'll be updating files weekly after each round of tournaments (Sunday/Monday)

Guest cjamars

Re: Tennis-Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? Initial thoughts of an easy ride here were dashed by a couple of hours of study. Among the surprises (to me anyway) Where have all the players gone? I had the idea tennis was just like golf in that the same faces week in and week out attended the same events leading to something like form and consistency. Not at all really. We’re 20+ games in to the serious tennis year (Grand Slam, International, International Series, International Gold and Masters) but there is a serious paucity of data out there. Some players have barely played in 5 tournaments. Agassi has played in 5, Hewitt in 4. Some have played in only 1 or 2. Weeks go by without certain players playing. Do these guys have families to feed or what? I know there are invitations and wild cards and so on but there doesn’t even seem to be a core of tennis fodder that goes from place to place in the more high prestigious events…anyone got any idea of how people are selected for these touranments? Poor Internet Resources At the start if the 21st century I had the idea that someone somewhere was betting on Mongolian yak riding and someone somewhere else was running a comprehensive Punter’s Lounge Style analysis of the same (Mongol Yak Madness anyone?). Boy are football punters spoiled with the Lounge. Of the tennis betting links in Joe’s tennis site (of which he obviously has no control) one leads to a white sheet with the word “yawnâ€, one to a site that hasn’t been updated in 2 months and another to a slightly dodgy pay for advice service. Only the one called “Stockmarket†has a half decent forum but this seems (like it’s name suggests) to be run by a demented Harvard economics student who has found that the laws of supply and demand were not fascinating enough for him and he had to apply share tradeing principles to buying and selling notional shares in tennis players. Believe me it is actually worse than it sounds but at least the info is pretty up to date on it. The ATP tennis site has a wealth of data but unfortunately suffers from being seriously slow loading. Lots of juicy info there but poorly laid out and unless you’ve broadband turn off the pictures or you’ll be gouging your eyes out before long. The Head to Head feature (which should be great) is a shambles also (see below). Head to Heads I had the idea that tennis players played each other week in week out, that Agassi met Hewitt every second week. No way. The ATP site has a head to head function and I was pressed to find anyone in last week’s Houston Open for example who had met an opponent before. The Head to Head function is useless. Instead of a drop down toolbar you type in the player’s name and if you misplace an “I’ in that tricky Russian guy’s name then you get that “player does not exist†mesaage. There also seems to be a preponderance of brother’s playing tennis and of course you have to type in the first name exactly…………..>: grrr. World Rankings Seem to mean not as much as I though they would. Players in the top 20 rarely succumb to the FA 3rd round syndrome. Backing favorites this year would have shown you a slight profit (See below). Differences of rank between 75 places seem to count for relatively little if one player is ranked 50 and another ranked 125. Very confusing that. The bookmaker’s pricing seems somewhat arbitrary (to me) in certain match ups as well sometimes. Sounds awful……………well sort of. As mentioned backing favorites in the 1,022 matches priced by Bet365 (only bookie in Tennis Data that I have an account with) to the end of the Houston Open would have yielded a tiny profit. Take the best prices available on those same matches and you’d have made a profit of nearly 3%. Nothing to burst a vessel over but it’s a start. Having a couple of accounts here really pays dividends as you can really reduce the overround down to 105% and in a few rare cases get an underound (96% book in a few instances leading to nice arbitrage if you are into that sort of thing :lol ). Bottom line is that I’m not ready for the Rome Open this week as I hoped but roll on Hamburg next Monday…

Guest cjamars

You Shall Know my Velocity Have decided to start on a relatively non-empirical basis. The general ideas and layout will change as time goes by. ___________________________________________________________________________ Raemon Sluiter (66) - EVS vs Jan-Michael Gambill (40) - 8/11:D Current Form: All Surfaces (Matches - W/L) Sluiter 9/11 ; Gambill 14/11 Both player’s form patchy in recent months. Gambill has got to two finals in 2003 winning 1. Of the 9 tournaments he’s entered he’s been knocked out in Round 1 only twice. Sluiter has gotten to one final but has been knocked out in the first round 8 times (from 11) . His clay court record (see below) is very poor this year. Clay Form 2003 : (W/L) Sluiter 1/4 ; Gambill 0/1 Previous Clay Form (Last 2 Years Prior – W/L) Sluiter 1/7 ; Gambill 3/9 Not impressive form by either player on the clay surface but Gambill’s defeats have tended to be against better ranked performers generally. On all surfaces Sluiter has tended to take early first round showers on more occasions than Sluiter. Head to Heads None VERDICT Gambill at 8/11. Sluiter to have another early bath (hopefully). __________________________________________________ Agustin Calleri (28) – 4/11 vs Stefan Koubek (63) – 15/8 :D Current Form: All Surfaces (Matches - W/L) Calleri 21/11 ; Koubek 10/9 Koubek started the year well winning an early tourrnament in Qatar in January before the big guns shook of their turkey dinners. Since then it’s been grim. Until his semi final defeat in Munich he had suffered first round defeats in the previous 7 tournaments. Calleri is going the other way. His clay form has been fantastic and he has made two QF and 1SF in his last 4 clay starts. Koubek’s good performance in Munich is a worry but 1 of his three wins was against a player reanked over 100 places below him and another against a still recovering Tim Henman Clay Form 2003 : (W/L) Calleri 18/6 ; Koubek 3/2 Previous Clay Form (Last 2 Years Prior – W/L) Calleri 22/16 ; Koubek 14/22 Calleri has improved year on year in clay. He made 3 semis and 1 final last year and looks like passing that this year on current form. Head to Heads 2 -1 (all clay) to Koubek. 2 of these were in 1998 and in their last meeting (1st round in Rome lkast year) Calleri won comprehensively. VERDICT Calleri at 4/11. ___________________________________________________ Also for reasons that I haven’t time to go on to I’m taking Vahaly at 5/4 to beat the wildcard Galimbertis (4/7). Short version is that Galimbertis has played 1ranking tournament this season and while Vahaly has no clay court experience worth talking about I can’t believe the price differential. ____________________________________________________ Summary 20 Unit Single – Gambill 8/11 20 Unit Single – Calleri 4/11 20 Unit Single - Vahaly 5/4 20 Unit Double – Gambill / Calleri _____________________________________________

Guest cjamars

Re: Tennis - Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? For Reasons mentioned in previous post going to have 20 Unit Single on Henin to win the Ladies Final Outright. Bet 56 – Henin to Win French Open – (9.00 – BET 365) Bets 57 & 58 20 Unit Doubles – Bet 365 Clisters to beat Petrova (1.16) Ferrero to beat Costa (1.33) Clisters to beat Petrova (1.16) Ferrero to beat Costa (1.33) Just can’t see how Costa cannot be suffering both mentally and physically from all his come from behind heroics so far. He’s the 1st player to ever win 4 5 setters at the French open and only the 4th in history to acieve the feat in a Grand Slam event. He’s played 19 hours tennis already and I cannot see how his legs willhold up here. (Then again everyone has been satying tha already so I won’t be at all surprised to see him come from 2 sets and 5 games down to win :lol Had initially fancied Verkerk in the other but I think Coria has the class to beat him. The big serve can’t hold up forever I’m hoping?

Re: You Shall Know my Velocity If you haven't been there, www.tennisfacts.com/ has some good entry rankings broken down by playing surface which should be more relevant. Generally, however, I am in agreement that these is almost nothing out their for the tennis bettor apart from the ATP site and SteveG's results page (and of course now mine ;) ) I don't think this necessary means however that there is less of a betting opportunity than for football. The number of football betting websites has now reaching saturation in my view, and 90% are not worth the domain name fee. Few picks sites actually make money for punters, others sites are just a jumbled collection of irritating graphics with a view to earning the owner a few quid. The worst are free sites that attempt to strangle you with popups the moment yoiu click the enter button. There is no getting away from doing some hard work if you want to make this pay. I think the ATP has enough stats, and I think my own site with its betting odds data will compliment this by allowing retro testing of potential systems (but then I would say that I guess ;) ) I would wager that there are proportionally more professional punters earning a living from tennis betting than there are from football betting.

Guest Lardonio

Re: You Shall Know my Velocity It's interesting to see whether you'll keep up your interest in tennis. I would love to bet on tennis as it's only two choices and it's probably an easier sport to make a living from, as Joe mentions. But I find it a dull sport, and that just means I can't find the energy to do the analysis. You don't seem very interested in the sport itself either, so I just wonder if you will be able to keep the interest? With soccer I can sit for hours and study stats, make excel sheets etc, and I happily spend 5-8 hours a week at least just crunching numbers and placing bets. But I'm sure anyone not that interested in soccer would find this extremely tedious, and I know myself that I would never be able to spend that time analysing something I care nothing about - like tennis - that's too much like work, and I work enough as it is. Being a professional gambler it would be different, but I'm not and I don't want to be one either (I think :) )

Guest cjamars

Re: You Shall Know my Velocity Actually added another 20 unit winning double (Miryni to beat Lapentti 8/11 & Calleri to beat Koubek 4/11) just after I posted my picks which meant I broke even in real life but mindful of "after-eventing" I'll stick to what was posted : 20 Unit Single – Gambill to beat Sluiter 8/11 LOST 4-6,6-4,2-6:x 20 Unit Single – Calleri to beat Koubek 4/11 - WON 6-2,6-2:D 20 Unit Single - Vahaly to beat Galimberti 5/4 – LOST 5-7,6-4,3-6:x 20 Unit Double – Gambill / Calleri – LOST :x START BANK - 2,000 UNITS STAKED - 80 UNITS RETURNED - 27.27 UNITS END BANK - 1,947.27 UNITS INFO RE TOTAL BETS PLACED, STRIKE RATE, YIELD ETC TO FOLLOW AFTER EVERY 10 BETS

Guest cjamars

Re: You Shall Know my Velocity Bearing in mind that a large number of bets need to be turned over :rollin for reasons that I can't remember right now :o Fillipe Volardi (98) - EVS vs Nicolas Massu (89) - 8/11 Current Form: All Surfaces (Matches - W/L) Volardi 5/3 (Clay Only) ; Massu 6/7 Volardi seems to have played just about every non ranked tournament in Italy for the last few years including lots of clay tournaments. He’s lost a lot of these often to players unranked ore else ranked well below him. In as a wildcard. Has some decentish form this season on clay (1QF / 1 3R in the 3 tournaments (ranking) he has played in. Massu got in through prequalification (actually lost in the 2nd match but opponent suffered injury). Has decent clay form in 2003 (2 QFs iN Valencia and Casablance) and a lot more top flight clay experience. Clay Form 2003 : (W/L) Volardi 5/3 (Clay Only) ; Massu 4/5 Previous Clay Form (Last 2 Years Prior – W/L) Volardi 0/4 (Clay Only) ; Massu 20/18 Little to shout about by Volardi in the top flight. Head to Heads 1 to Volardi in a minor tournament. Massu retired through injury when down 5-3 in first set. VERDICT Massu at 8/11. Good form, more experience. The two qualifying games will have him sharp.

Guest cjamars

Re: You Shall Know my Velocity Massu at 8/11..lost 6-1,2-6,2-6 :x Wangled an invite to my boss’s house last night to watch the tennis on m-Net (African satellite channel). I arrived and my pick for the night Massu had won the 1st set 6-1 against the wildcard Italian Volandri and was 1 up in the second set. He promptly fell apart at the seams. He won only another three games and managed 4 unforced errors in a row to lose the last game. The crowd were on his back (very Gucci clad, Euro glam as well) and his game disintegrated. It was just like watching Wolves implode in the play off final. The commentator said the same thing happened one of my other picks Vahaly against another Italian wildcard earlier. I’m not sure who said the most important 6 inches on a golf course are the six inches between the golfer’s ears but the same I think applies to tennis. I would imagine (speaking from a position of relative ignorance) that mental strength and will are probably as important as anything else. The top 10 – 20 players are probably out on their own in terms of ability but after that there probably isn’t too much to separate players. How would you class mentally tough players? Maybe -        those who come back from a set down; -        those who hold their own break points; -        those who win on their opponent’s break points; -        those who manage to win againsthometown boys; Anyway I really enjoyed the two sets I saw as a viewing experience and hopefully as I get more refined analytically I can improve on a poor start. Now to rob the orphan's kitty :lol

Guest cjamars

Re: You Shall Know my Velocity No time for "analysis" (not that it has done me much good sofar :rollin ) Coria to beat Hanescu 1/6 Mantilla to beat Fish 1/3 Novak to beat Hrbaty 8/15 (4-1 in Head to Heads/ great clay court record until this year..) 20 Unit Treble:D Coria to beat Hanescu 1/6 Mantilla to beat Fish 1/3 Stepanek to beat Martin 11/10 20 Unit Treble:D 20 Unit Treble Coria to beat Hanescu 1/6 Mantilla to beat Fish 1/3 Schulttler to beat Ferreira 11/10 20 Unit Treble:D ALL odds P.Powers

Guest cjamars

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread Coria's odds had fallen to 1/7 from 1/6 by the time I got on this morning. Still unbeatable given the stats IMO so I got on. Schullter to beat Ferreira should read 8/11 and not 11/10. All 12 O Clock matches resolved in my favour (Mantilla, Schullter,Novak & Stepanek)...am awaiting the result of Coria match which is one of teh anchor's of all my trebles. I am therefore hedgeing some of my winnings on the unlikely prospect of Hanescu (pre qualifier getting a major shock result). 2 O Clock GMT start (35+ minutes) EDIT : Should be 3.00 English time (I'm 1 hour behind) Match starts at 3 Oclock GMT 20 on Hanescu at 4/1 with Powers :eek FUL:L ROUND UP OF RESULTS TO DATE TONIGHT

Guest cjamars

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread A Round up to Date Coria to beat Hanescu 1/7 WON 6-1,7-6 Mantilla to beat Fish 1/3 WON 6-4,6-3 Novak to beat Hrbaty 8/15 WON 6-1,6-4 20 Unit Treble – RETURN 46.73 UNITS:D Coria to beat Hanescu 1/7 WON 6-1,7-6 Mantilla to beat Fish 1/3 WON 6-4,6-3 Stepanek to beat Martin 11/10 WON 6-4,6-3 20 Unit Treble – RETURN 52.64 UNITS:D Coria to beat Hanescu 1/7 WON 6-1,7-6 Mantilla to beat Fish 1/3 WON 6-4,6-3 Schulttler to beat Ferreira 8/11 WON 7-6,6-2 20 Unit Treble – RETURN 64 UNITS:D Hanecsu to beat Coria (4/1 HEDGE ONLY) LOST 1-6,6-7:o (the cautious punter is a successful punter - Confucious (sic)) 20 Unit Single – RETURN 0:o _________________________________________________ SUMMARY BETS 1- 9 (W4 / L5) STAKED 180 UNITS RETURNED 190.64 UNITS PROFIT 10.64 UNITS YIELD 5.91% START BANK 2,000 UNITS END BANK 2,010.64 UNITS EXCUSE THE AWFUL PRESENTATION PLEASE. I’VE FORGOTTEN THE LITTLE I LEARNED ON HTML TABLES. ___________________________________________________

Guest davidcampbell

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread not a bad start - well done :) what does the title mean?

Guest cjamars

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread ITALIAN MASTERS 3RD ROUND ANALYSIS __________________________________________________ GAUDIO 6/4 vs FERRERO 1/2 Ferrero beaten only once in 15 clay starts this year and has won 2 of 3 tournaments. Good head to head record vs Gaudio (3-0) but Gaudi is probably best player he has met so far (on clay anyway) this year and the odds make no appeal. This has “3 sets†written all over it. NO BET :D __________________________________________________ MANTILLA EVS vs COSTA 8/11 Looking at this last night was just about how I would have priced it. Costa has the better head to head but Mantilla’s form has been good. I'd say Costa if pushed but no value. NO BET :D _________________________________________________ FEDERER 4/11 vs ROBREDO 15/8 Fedrer won in his first clay tournament of the year in Munich in what seems to have been a relatively straightforward draw for him. 2 -0 in Head to Heads in last 3 years but Robredo has decent form of his own this year and again odds a bit too skinny for me. Federer to win. NO BET :D _________________________________________________ NIEMENEN 4/9 vs VERKERK 13/8 Verkerk hasn’t had the best of seasons so far on clay suffering 4 1st round exits. He’s come through this to date the hard way via pre qualifying. Great game to beat Roddick (who deoesn't seem to play much clay court anyway) but I am expecting backlash against that today. Niemenen’s favorite surface isn’t clay either but he’s had a solid season so far and I think he’ll have enough for Verkerk. 20 UNIT SINGLE NIEMENEN :D _______________________________________________ NOVAK 8/15 vs SCHEULLETER 11/8 Neither player has played much on clay this season but over the last 3 years Novak has had the better record against better players. Has won their only head to head on the surface and has had good performances to date here. 20 UNIT SINGLE NOVAK :D _____________________________________________ LUBICIC 15/8 vs CORIA 4/11 Coria is a player shooting up the rankings. He’s made the final of 2 of the 3 clay tournaments he has played in this season and comprehensively beat Lubicic last year (on hard surface). My nap of this round. 20 UNIT SINGLE CORIA :D __________________________________________________ MOYA 1/6 vs KALEFNIKOV 9/2 Can’t see past Moya here. Kalefnikov cried off injured in Munich and is past his best (he won the French Open a couple of years ago if memory serves me) but the odds make 0 appeal on this one. NO BET :D _______________________________________________ VOLARDI (5/6) vs STEPANEK (5/6) Hometown wildcard hero Volardi has come into form a bit this year and beat a decent player in Massu (albeit one with less than great mental strength from what I saw). The crowd are sure to be up for it as well. Stepanek has been patchy so far this season. Can see Volardi shadeing this one but again the price is as the man said probably right. NO BET :D ----------------------------------------------- BET SUMMARY 20 UNIT SINGLE NIEMENEN 4/9 – BET 365 20 UNIT SINGLE NOVAK 8/15 - POWERS 20 UNIT SINGLE CORIA 4/11 - POWERS 20 UNIT DOUBLE NIEMENEN (4/9) / CORIA – BET 365 20 UNIT DOUBLE NOVAK / CORIA – POWERS --------------------------------------------------

Guest cjamars

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread Called two of the 4 matches decided right…unfortunately not the two I bet on :rollin my nap went belly up killing the single and the two doubles it anchored. Costa to beat Mantilla (1.72) – BET 365 Ferrero to beat Gaudio (1.5) – BET 365 20 UNIT DOUBLE...

Guest cjamars

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread BIT OF A DISASTER TODAY. HAD ALL 5 RIGHT YESTERDAY & 5 OF 6 (SO FAR) WRONG TODAY. ONLY 1 OF 6 FAVORITES WON. MOYA & CORIA ALL LOST AT VERY SHORT ODDS. ONLY COSTA MANAGED TO EVEN TAKE IT TO 3 SETS. SCANT CONSOLATION IN FACT THAT I'M PROBABLY NOT THE ONLY ONE TAKING A BATH 20 UNIT SINGLE NIEMENEN 4/9 – BET 365 :x LOST 20 UNIT SINGLE NOVAK 8/15 - POWERS :x LOST 20 UNIT SINGLE CORIA 4/11 - POWERS :x LOST 20 UNIT DOUBLE NIEMENEN (4/9) / CORIA – BET 365 :x LOST 20 UNIT DOUBLE NOVAK / CORIA – POWERS :x LOST 20 UNIT DOUBLE COSTA (1.72) / FERRERO (1.5) – BET 365 :x --------------------------------------------------------- SUMMARY BETS 1- 15 (W4 / L11) STAKED 300 UNITS RETURNED 190.64 UNITS LOSS -109.36 UNITS YIELD -5.47% START BANK 2,000 UNITS END BANK 1,890.64 UNITS ---------------------------------------------------------- QF's LOOK WELL TRAPPY. NEED ANOTHER 5 BETS TO ACHIEVE MY TARGET OF 20 BETS PER TOURNAMENT WHICH IS LOOKING A MITE DODGY AT THE MOMENT. AM CONFIDENT MY ANALYSIS IS REASONABLE AND TODAY WAS ONE OF THOSE PROVRBIAL "DAYS LIKE THIS" ------------------------------------------------------------

Guest cjamars

Re: You shall know my velocity - (Tennis) Thread FERRERO (1/5) vs SCHUELLETER (3/1) Ferero survived a tough game vs clay courter Gaudio in the last round. Schuellter pulled of a minor surprise to reach only his second clay court QF in nearly 4 years. It should end here.They are tied 2-2 in head to heads but Ferrero won the last 2 and their only clay court meeting was a comprensive defeat for Schuelleter. Schueller is ranked 2 on clay and Schuellter 66 so gettimg as far as he has is already an achievement. MANTILLA (4/6) vs LUBICIC (11/10) Good performances by both men yesterday but again Lubicic has probably played to the maximum of his abilities here to reach only his third clay QF. Very nice price on Mantilla in my book. -__________________________________________________ BETS 20 UNIT DOUBLE MANTILLA,FERRERO :D 20 UNIT SINGLE MANTILLA :D