** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Y.S.K.M.V - (Tennis) Bets 237 Yield : -10.19%/ROI:Don't Ask!

Guest cjamars

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Fcukity fcuk fcuk. Jan Michel Gambill (now what sort of name is that for a citizen of the USA?? Joins Iraki Labadze in my gallery of shame as being a complete and utter coupon buster of the highest order).>: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: It all went absolutely pear shaped last night. I was sitting on a big payout on my US doubles having managed to pick 7 from 7 in the doubles. All I needed was the anchoring bet on Gambill to come in vs Joyce (a player almost 400 places below him). Gambill had other ideas and managed to lose the decideing set 6-7. Top add insult to injury I even managed to miscalculate my cover stake on Betafir and so instead of a potential profitr of 150 Units I lost 60 Units a staggering difference of 250 Units. The rest of the bets weren’t too hot either but Gambill’s loss was a real kick in the teeth. 2 quick singles to try and dull the pain. Full update this afternoon. ------------------------------------------------------------ Bets 165 – 166 20 Unit Singles (BET 365) Sanchez to beat Vicinguerra – 1.72 Hrbaty to beat Horna -1.72 ------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one A bad bad week. If I’d been betting singles .(maybe there is an idea!) it would have been pretty OK but its been a slaughter as banker (Moya, Kartchovil,Gambill) take a total of 10 of the 18 multiples down in flames. Really disheartening to be back in the red again. Going to rethink my strategy for the next few days and maybe set a few ground rules re short priced favorites and also perhaps do an analysis of betting for teh last 3 months as singles. Moya is fast becoming another bete noire having burned 6 winning bets in Stuttgart by going out in the 1st round and then of course winning in Croatia. 22 Bets – 2 Winners , 2 O/S and 18 Losers ; could have been sweet, sweet sweet as well. :x :x :x :x :x :x ------------------------------------ BETS 145 - 166 4 20 Unit Trebles (Bet 365) Banker Lost => All lose Perm Moya to beat Portas (1.12) – LOST & :evil Blanco to beat Mariuscowic – WON (1.25) With 1 from Browne to beat Rochus (2.2) – LOST Volandri to beat Puerta (1.25) - LOST Galimberti to beat Vinciguerra (1.83) - LOST Hidalgo to beat Knowle (1.33) - WON 2 20 Unit Doubles (Bet 365) Banker Lost => All lose Perm Kratchovil top beat Goellner (1.25) - CNUT :evil :evil :evil :evil With 1 from Ferrer to beat Uhilrach (1.29) – WON :D Sanchez to beat Norman (2.00) – WON :D 20 Unit Singles (BETFAIR) Chadlakova to beat Aloro 1.68 - LOST Sprem to beat Besenova 1.28 - LOST Garrigues to beat Kurachovca 1.55 – WON – RETURN 31 UNITS BETS 7 20 Unit Doubles (BET 365) Pick 7 from 8 and go home with nothing :x :x :x :x :x :x Perm : Banker Lost => All lose Gambill to beat Joyce (1.12) fcukity fcuk fcuk * 99 :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x 1 from Lee to beat Tanio (1.36) - WON :\ Bob Bryan to beat Delic (1.61) - WON :\ Burgsmuller to beat Kendrick (1.57) - WON :\ Carraz to beat Levy (1.4) - WON :\ Goldstein to beat Baker (1.4) - WON :\ Luczak to beat Roirtman (1.66) - WON :\ Miranda to beat Beck (1.72) – WON :\ 15 Unit Hedge (Betfair) Joyce to beat Gambill(7.6 after comm) – WON – RETURN 114 UNITS :\ All the bankers won here but none of the beef PERM Roddick to beat Bryan (1.07) - WON :\ Agassi to beat Huebener (1.05) - WON :\ Miryni to beat Kim (1.25) - WON :\ With 1 from Draper to beat Fish (2.25) - LOST :x Delgao to beat Benneteau (1.66) - LOST:x BET 164 20 UNIT ACCUMULATOR (BET 365) PERM Roddick to beat Bryan (1.07) - WON :D Agassi to beat Huebener (1.05) - WON :D Miryni to beat Kim (1.25) - WON :D With 1 from Sargisan to beat Vanek (1.5) – O/S ??? BETS 165 – 166 20 UNIT SINGLES (BET 365) Sanchez to beat Vicinguerra – 1.72 - LOST :x Hrbaty to beat Horna -1.72 – OS BET SUMMARY TO DATE – 2 BETS OS BETS 168 (W66 / L 98 / OS 2) STRIKE RATE : 39.76% AVERAGE ODDS: 2.76 STAKED 3,595 UNITS RETURN 3,546.33 UNITS PROFIT -48.67UNITS YIELD -1.35% :o START BANK 2,000 UNITS CURRENT BANK 1,951.33 UNITS ROI -2.43%

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Going to have 1 Double before I go home and crunch some serious numbers 20 Unit Double (Powers) Schriapan to beat Saulnier (4/11) Vahaly to beat Roitman (4/9)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Well 1 of the OS bets came in but unfortunately I had actually included it as a winner yesterday so no change!! Hrbaty to beat Horna o/s (BET 166) Finally got a 2nd winner it the States as well with Schripan and Vahaly winning their matches. BET 164 Roddick to beat Bryan (1.07) - WON :D Agassi to beat Huebener (1.05) - WON :D Miryni to beat Kim (1.25) - WON :D With 1 from Sargisan to beat Vanek (1.5) – WON – RETURN 42.19 UNITS BET 167 20 Unit Double (Powers) – RETURN 39.39 UNITS Schriapan to beat Saulnier (4/11) – WON :D Vahaly to beat Roitman (4/9) - WON :D ---------------------------------------------------------- For the Polish Open 1 20 Unit Double (Bet 365) Portas to beat Blanco (1.61) Mutis to beat Goellner (1.25)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Yet another massive arb in tennis. Hidalgo plays Puerta in the 3rd round of the Prokom Open today. This is one I’d make Puerat slight favorite in normally (he walloped Volandri the talented Italian in the last round). At best this is 1.83 vs 1.83. However an amazing ¼ million Euros has been matched on Betfair and Hidalgo is 1.1 and Puerta was 8s at one stage. Puerta must be carrying an injury but me ever being perverse I’ve had 10 Euros matched on him at 8s. Did I say Iraki Labadze ??? (Similar arb that I got milled on in past by trying to be a smart cnut) BET 169 10 Units on Puerta – Betafir at 8s :eek :eek :D

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one This Polish tournament is turning into a complete disaster. 1 winner in 13 and can’t even say it’s the doubles as I’d be doing almost as bad betting singles only. 3 winners in the last 4 mean I’m “only†showing a small loss in the two US tours but overall grim reading and very disappointed at slipping downwards into negative terrain overall. I can’t say that my methodologies have changed or that I am doing anything different so the recent very poor run is pretty bewildering. Just got to be patient and tough it out. As my total stakes go up now towards 4,000 Units my strike rate (which has dropped below 40% for the first time) will really have to pick up if I want to make up lost ground and my yield target of +5%. I will need to gain back 300 Units to even hope to get up near 5% which I have done before but God was it tough! ----------------------------------------------------- Bet 169 20 Unit Double (Powers) Fererro to beat Horna (1/6) Hidalgo to beat Blanco (4/7) Bet 170 20 Unit Single (Powers) - Ladies SF (Poland) Mandula to beat Koukolova (8/11)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one More misery today. In an absolutely dire run. Both women’s selections won the first set and then disintegrated. If Ferrero can beat Horna (and the way things are going that is not even too sure to me) I’ll pull something small back on the o/s double with Hidalgo winning but it is all rather grim. Still working on the basis that I can pull myself out of this slump (as I’ve done it before back in June). Might be looking forward to the new football season for relief if this keeps up.:o ------------------------------------------ Tonights Bets 2 20 Unit Trebles (Powers) Perm Henin- Hardenne to beat Petrova (1/6) Davenport to beat Rubin (2/5) With 1 from Kuzentova to beat Likhovtseva (4/6) Schrichapan to beat the Fister (5/6)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Goes from bad to worse here. Ferrero (ranked 1 on clay fails to beat Horna ranked 90 places below him to take home BET 170. Even more annoying is me changing my mind at last minute on backing Henman.He had far the better of the H to Hs but Srichapan’s form is good at the moment and this was the first serious hard court opposition the fister had faced since the spring but he only digs deep (pardon the pun) and gets a fine straight sets win. I’m back doen to -3% yield and nearly 140 Units down overall after 2.5 months of a lot of work in a sport I don’t really enjoy. My sat dish (and football) is coming and I’m not sure I’m going to have the interest in purueing the death by a 1,000 nookies slips this is in danger of becoming. ----------------------------------------- BETS 168 - 174 BET 168 1 20 Unit Double (Bet 365) - LOST Portas to beat Blanco (1.61) - LOST :x Mutis to beat Goellner (1.25) – WON BET 169 10 Units on Puerta – Betafir at 8s – LOST (Don’t be “smart†Chris) Bet 170 20 Unit Double (Powers) - LOST Fererro to beat Horna (1/6) – Ferrero YOU are only 90 places above him cnut! :x :x :x Hidalgo to beat Blanco (4/7) – WON Bet 171 20 Unit Single (Powers) – Squandered 1 set lead >: Schynder to beat Psitolesi (8/13) – LOST Bet 172 20 Unit Single (Powers) - Squandered 1 set lead >: Mandula to beat Koukolova (8/11) - LOST BETS 173 & 174 2 20 Unit Trebles (Powers) Perm Henin- Hardenne to beat Petrova (1/6) - WON :D Davenport to beat Rubin (2/5) - WON :D With 1 from Kuzentova to beat Likhovtseva (4/6) – WON – RETURN 54.44 UNITS :D Schrichapan to beat the Fister (5/6) - LOST :\

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Proving that I am a glutton for punishment I have 1.53 (yet to be matched) on Pistolesi to beat Koukolova in the Ladies final in Poland. She can be patchy but has a great record in finals winning all 6 she has been in and winning 6 of her 7 SFs which is probably one reason I should not have opoosed her yesterday. Koukolva has been in two finals (against similar opposition to Pitolesi) and has lost both. Her Clay form prior to this was not patchy as well. Bet 175 20 Units Single Pitolesi to beat Kurkolva (1.53 pre comm) Betfair EDIT : UNmatched at Betfair - placed with Powers at 1.44 Bet 176 A 4 timer which shows how desperate things have become : 20 Units Powers Corian to beat Horna (1/7) Roddick to beat Henman (1/3) Hewitt to beat Kiefer (1/7) Henin to beat Kuzentova (1/9)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Another day to forget. Pistolesi kept up a fien record by winning teh 7th of all the finals she has contested with a 6-2 , 6-1 thrashing :p :p :p of the nubile Kurkolova. Unfortunately Fister Henman dug very deep to come from a set down and save a match point to beat Roddick and scupper my 4 timer. Well and trulyin the red now (down 150 Units and -3.97% on yield). The mens Masters in Canada looks extremely competetive so might stick to the women's event to try and start slowly marching back towards profit. For ------------------- Bet 175 20 Units Single - WON :D - RETURN 28.8 Units Pitolesi to beat Kurkolvaplaced with Powers at 1.44 Bet 176 A 4 timer which shows how desperate things have become : 20 Units Powers Corian to beat Horna (1/7) :D Roddick to beat Henman (1/3) :rolleyes Hewitt to beat Kiefer (1/7) :D Henin to beat Kuzentova (1/9) :D

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one And one to close of the week. I think Gonzalez has teh power to beat Henman but as the Fister has already burned me twice this week I'll leave that one be. Hewitt shoudl have more than enough for Ferreira who is in his first final for nearly 3 years and although Henin is on fire Clisters has beaten her in their 4 previous hardcourt meetings. She is 32-3 for the year (2 of teh Defeats vs Serena) and she shoudl shade a tight match. Bet 177 - 20 Units Powers Hewitt to beat Ferrerisa 1/5 Clissters to beat Henin 8/11

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one The less said about last week the better. After a final loser last night the current downward trend sadly reminiscent of the Wrechmacht’s retreat from Russia in World War 2 continues. Have lost 475!! Units in July from a high of almost 290+ units. The stats tell their own dismal story: BET SUMMARY TO DATE BETS 177 (W68 / L 109 ) STRIKE RATE : 38.42% AVERAGE ODDS: 2.81 STAKED 3,805 UNITS RETURN 3,634.57 UNITS PROFIT -170.43UNITS YIELD -4.48% :o :o :o START BANK 2,000 UNITS CURRENT BANK 1,829.57 UNITS ROI -8.52% -------------------------------------------- Quality field for the 2.95 million Dollar Masters in Toronto . I’m down 175 Units on my bank and unless things improve in August will be tempted to throw my hat at this. Betting doubles and trebles is sweet when the anchor comes in but when the anchor goes down as so many of my recent ones have it really hurts. Looking at the two US hardcourt tours from last week I would have made a nice profit backing singles but the death of some short priced favorites burned me. There’s a couple of tasty shorter priced bets today for anchors but I’ve passed over (BLAKE vs Schuellter) as Blake can be inconsistent and Stepanek has been in good form (albeit on clay). Similarly Rusedski should have more than enough for the clay courter Lapentti but I’m unconvinced he is over his injury so I’ll skip him too. Moya is the coupon burster I love to hate and there is no way I am trusting him at 4/11 vs Clement who while in bad form has won 1 of there 3 hardcourt meetings. Am throwing in Roddick to beat Malisse tomorrow at 1/7 as well. 6 games (3 on hardcourt) and he is yet to lose 1. He’s actually only dropped a single set from 13 so hopefully he is as nailed on as it is possible to get. Going with a feast of Doubles: (Srichapan loses and I’m doing a Hyundai boss on the day’s betting!) BETS 178 - 183 20 Unit Trebles (POWERS) Perm Srichapan to beat Martin (1/5) & Roddick to beat Malisse (1/7) with 1 from Santoro to beat Acaususo (4/11) El Aynaoui to beat Fish (5/6) Blake to beat Stepanek (4/7) Rusedski to beat Lapentti (1/2) 20 Unit Singles (Bet 365) Draper to beat Mathieu (1.57) Calleri to beat Chela (2.2)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Not too bad yesterday IF Roddick beats Malisse. 3 of the 4 Doubles come in and while I show a very small loss overall at least maanageing a better S/R. At least I avoided backing Moya who once again burned a host of short priced coupons I would imagine. Saw the stats for the game and an absolute deluge of errors by both hom and Clement (the latter only manageing 45% first serves and still winning!) ---------------------------------------------------- Loads of tasty looking bets today. Picking the anchor is a tough call though. Have eventually gone with the Scud to beat Miryni. Miryni has a poor Masters Record and while the Scud is patchy he is in the far better form and I’ve gone for him rather than Kalefnikov as my anchor. Spadea should best Sluiter who has a 0-2 Masters record vs 21-17 for Spadea (last 7 years only) but he is in reasonable form so swerved for anchor bet. 7 20 Unit Doubles Perm The Scud to beat Miryni (4/9) With 1 from Dancevic to beat Davydenko (13/8) ** Spadea to beat Sluiter (1/2) Verkerk to beat Sagisan (8/11) Schakalen to beat Zabaleta (1/2) Gambill to beat Kucera (8/11) Heneman to beat Gonzalez (4/6) Novak to beat Ancic (4/11) Won last 2 finals on Challenege Court and playing in hometowm vs a player who is 1-2 on Masters Hardcourt and not a whole lot more impressive on hardcourt generally. Worth a punt at the price.

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Situation stabilizing somewhat. Up a huge .32 :lol Units on this tour but the strike rate is back to 40% again after slipping into the 30s last week and if the Scud had not pulled out yesterday leaving my 4 from 7 winning doubles to be picked as singles I think it could have been a really good day yesterday. As it is I have passed the 4,000 :eek Units wagered mark and am 170 down on start bank which is disappointing but which hopefully will come back up if I can get some consistent picks going and manage to avoid some of the more recent short priced anchor bet disasters. ------------------------------------------------------------ Lots of possible anchor bets today – Grosjean, Roddick and Hewitt are all priced 1/5 or below but I have swerved them all to plump instead for Robredo and Srichapan to form 2 legs of various trebles. Robredo although at heart a clay courter is drawn vs Zimbabwean Wayne Black who overcame the Legg Mason winner Ferreira by virtue of the latter retireing. Black has been trawling around pore qualifiers for the last few years and is now ranked outside the top 500. The Spaniard should have the class and the years to defeat the veteran Zimbabwean. I backed Srichapan in the last round and he comfortably saw of the challenge of clay courter Martin. Am hoping that he can do the same again vs veteran Candian Nestor who is a wild card that had a tough 3 set win vs Ginepri in the opener. He walloped him back in their only meeting in 1999 and I cannot see him slipping up here as he seems to be coming into some decent form now. ----------------------------------------------- 6 20 Unit Trebles (POWERS) Perm Robredo to beat Black (2/9) Srichapan to beat Nestor (1/5) With 1 from Spadea to beat Clement (Evs) Acasuso to beat Larose (8/11) Novak to beat Blake (8/11) Lopez to beat Mathieu (8/13) Henman to beat Nalbandian (4/7) Kalefnikov to beat Schueltter (6/4)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Reasonable day yesterday. Turned a 36 Unit profit with 3 from 6 trebles coming home but most importantly the anchors both coming home safely. Getting a bit harder at this stage to pick any anchoring bets but have gone for Ferrero to beat Kucera. The Slovakian has come out of an appalling slump but victories over the inconsistent Verkerk (with his very limited Masters hardcourt experience) aren’t the stuff of dreams in my book. Ferrero had a nice victory over El Ayanoui a player he hadn’t beaten in 5 previous meetings so his confidence will surely be high. His hardcourt Masters record is patchy but I think his class will tell here. Gone for some of the outsiders to come good today. Firstly Novak ( a player with a fine hardcourt record in the States) vs the hopefully blowing cold today Schuellter. Secondly Hoping that Miryni’s fine win over Hewitt yesterday can propel him to victory over Srichapan who has had a very easy ride to date and who is subject to some alarming collapses. They are 2-2 in hardcourt head to heads and there is no way that Miryni should be at odds against for this one in my book. --------------------------------------------------- 2 20 Unit Doubles: Perm Ferrero to beat Kucera With 1 from Novak to beat Schuelltter (evs) Miryni to beat Srichapan (11/10) BETS 178 - 183 20 Unit Trebles (POWERS) – BOTH WON Perm Srichapan to beat Martin (1/5) & :D Roddick to beat Malisse (1/7) :D with 1 from Santoro to beat Acaususo (4/11) - LOST El Aynaoui to beat Fish (5/6) – WON – RETURN 50.29 Units:D Blake to beat Stepanek (4/7) – WON – RETURN 43.10 Units:D Rusedski to beat Lapentti (1/2) – WON – RETURN 41.14 Units:D 20 Unit Singles (Bet 365) Draper to beat Mathieu (1.57) - LOST Calleri to beat Chela (2.2) – LOST Bets 184 - 190 7 20 Unit Doubles Perm The Scud to beat Miryni (4/9) VOID DID NOT PLAY – BETS SETTLED AS SINGLES With 1 from Dancevic to beat Davydenko (13/8 – LOST (just!!) Spadea to beat Sluiter (1/2) – WON – RETURN 30 UNITS:D Verkerk to beat Sagisan (8/11) – WON – RETURN 34.55 UNITS:D Schakalen to beat Zabaleta (1/2) - LOST:x Gambill to beat Kucera (8/11) - LOST:x Heneman to beat Gonzalez (4/6) – WON – RETURN 33.33 UNITS :D Novak to beat Ancic (4/11) – WON – RETURN 27.27 UNITS :D BETS 191 - 196 6 20 Unit Trebles (POWERS) Perm BOTH ANCHORS WON :p Robredo to beat Black (2/9) Srichapan to beat Nestor (1/5) With 1 from Spadea to beat Clement (Evs) – WON – RETURN 58.67 UNITS :D Acasuso to beat Larose (8/11) – LOST :x Novak to beat Blake (8/11) – WON – RETURN 50.67 UNITS :D Lopez to beat Mathieu (8/13) – WON – RETURN 47.38 UNITS :D Henman to beat Nalbandian (4/7) - LOST :x Kalefnikov to beat Schueltter (6/4) – LOST :x ---------------------------------------- Update after Bet 196 (nearly at the 1/4 way stage already) BET SUMMARY TO DATE BETS 196 (W78 / L 118 ) STRIKE RATE – 39.80% AVERAGE ODDS- 2.69 STAKED 4,185 UNITS RETURN 4,050.97 UNITS PROFIT +134.04UNITS YIELD -3.20% START BANK 2,000 UNITS CURRENT BANK 1,865.97 UNITS ROI -6.70%

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Bet 199 Quick nibble on Betfair 20 Unit Single Ladies Nordic Open 2nd Round Kostanic to beat Marrero 1.68 pre comm (Unmatched at present) -------------------------------- Took 20 Units at 1.6 pre comm (start 1.30 CET)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Proving surface is everything Ferrero lost in 2 sets to keep up his so-so mMasters Record against a player who has been otherwise pretty dire all year. Miryni did the business vs the patchy Srichapan but to no avail Winner in Finland and almost at 200 bets now. 2 20 Unit Doubles: (Both lost - Banker lost) Perm Ferrero to beat Kucera :o With 1 from Novak to beat Schuelltter (evs) :o Miryni to beat Srichapan (11/10) :D 1 20 Unit Single BETFAIR Kostanci to beat Marrero – 1.52 (post Comm) – RETURN 30.40 Units WOW ….200 BETS Reached in nearly 3 months (with 3 weeks out because of inaccessibility of interent) The Masters has been a case of almost but not quite for me so far (down 3.6 Units on 420 staked) and after today there will be no appeal as the heavyweights will probably all make the 1/2s (Roddick, Federer and Agassi). The bets that stands out are Nalbandian to beat the more gifted on clay courter Lopez. He’s had the far tougher run (Henman, Spadea) and is yet to drop a set as against Lopez (Mathieu, a worn out Coria and Beck). Could be close but he should have enough. Saw Roddick vs Maliise on telly where he had me sweating by losing the 1st but the power he displayed afterwards was frightening. He chases everything and whatever else you will generally get a run for the money. Kucera burned me yesterday by beating Ferrero but hopefully will not have enough today. Going to have another few on the Ladies JP Morgan event. Sugiyma has beaten Maleeva on 4 from 5 games and all 3 on hardcourt. Both players have been in good form and only a place separates them in the rankings but the big difference in H to Hs makes me favor the Japanese woman today Veteran Aussie Pratt beat another veteran iN Conchita Martinez to get to the 1/4s in the same tournament and has now played 5 games (4 of them going to 3 sets) in 4 days and will surely feel that today vs Schiavone who is coming off some decent form. Bet 200 20 Unit Double (POWERS) Roddick to beat Kucera (1/6) Nalbandian to beat Lopez (4/7) Bet 201 – 202 – 20 Unit Singles BETFAIR Sugyima to beat Maleeva (1.78 pre comm) Schiavone to beat Pratt (1.58 pre comm.)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Three from 3 yesterday to bring the s/r above the vital 40% mark again. The Sugyima match was tight as expected but the others were fairly comfortable. The match upos in Montreal are too close for me to call although if pushed I’d go for Schuellter (unreliable as he is sometimes) to beat Nalbandian and keep up his good record there. Finished very slightly ahead in Montreal (a miserly 12 units) but the 3 women’s bets during the week were all winners and pulled me back a bit more (36.34 Uunit). Big Masters Events in Cincinatti (men) and Toronto (women) should hopefully prove profitable as well. Overall still in the red but nothing too dire and still a long way to go. The women’s sfs should be Davenport to beat Sugiyama (won 4 of 5 hardcoirt meetings) and Clisters to overcome the Italian Schiavone who has had a really easy ride to get this far. Can’t find them priced up on any of the bookies for a double and make no appeal on Betfair with their prices as favorites terrible. Bet 200 20 Unit Double (POWERS) _ WON – RETURN 26.67 UNITS:D Roddick to beat Kucera (1/6) Nalbandian to beat Lopez (4/7) Bet 201 – 202 – 20 Unit Singles BETFAIR Sugyima to beat Maleeva (1.78 pre comm) – WON – RETURN 34.82 UNITS:D Schiavone to beat Pratt (1.58 pre comm.) – WON – RETURN 31.02 UNITS:D ----------------------------------------------- Update after Bet 202 SUMMARY TO DATE BETS 202 (W82 / L 120 ) STRIKE RATE – 40.59% AVERAGE ODDS- 2.67 STAKED 4,305 UNITS RETURN 4,183.88 UNITS LOSS -121.12 UNITS YIELD -2.81% START BANK 2,000 UNITS CURRENT BANK 1,878.88 UNITS ROI -6.06%

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Going for some more aggressive betting this week. Recent shock defeats of odds on favorites have made some slightly more attractive prices than usual on some of the big hitters in todays Cincinatti Masters. Have gone with two anchoring bets today. I’m taking Ferreron to bounce back after his exit in Toronto against the clay courter Davydenko. Hes 18-15 on Masters hardcourt vs 2-3 for Davydenko and the loss of top spot will surely have him chomping at the bit here. Schalken in another shock exit last week to Zabalatea in a tame 6-1, 6-1 defeat could not have had a much easier opener vs Lee who has lost 11 on the bounce and who lost in April heavily to the Dutchman on clay. Hewitt should have enough for the talented but mentally weak (if his last match vs Roddick is anything to go by) Malisse but again in his current form I just cannot trust him. Same goues for Carlos “cupon bursting†Moya vs Santoro. 6 20 Unit Trebles (POWERS) Perm Ferreo to beat Davydenko (1/4) & Schalken to beat Lee (1/4) with 1 from Mantilla to beat Enquist (Evs) Miryni to beat Corrjeta (2/5) Robredo to beat Mathieu (1/2) Youzhny to beat Calleri (8/13) Novak to beaat Rusedski (5/6) Kucera to beat Chela (5/6) 1 20 Unit Single Touznhy to beat Calleri (2110) BETFAIR pre Comm Someone posted Youzny at 2.1 to beat Calleri last night. There were 50 Units available and I should have taken them all as there was even a garunteed arb available but I stuck to my standard 20 Units.

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Going to oppose players who pulled out in their last tournament for various reasons. Going to have a single on Henman to beat the current king of the clay courters Coria and a nibble on Vahaly to beat a Gonzalez who both retired injured from their last events. Simlarly the always dangerous on hardcourt Blake should give veteran Ferreira a run for his money (especiaaly as he is another carrying another possible injury). 20 Unit Singles (all Betfair pre comm.) Henman to beat Coria (2.04) Blake to beat Ferreria (1.88) 10 Unit Single Vahaly to beat Gonzalez (2.90)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Mixed day yesterday. 2 from 4 in the singles (that I stupidly di not have in the multiples for some reason) but maximum of only 2 from 6nin the other multiples (assumeing that Ferrero can beat Davydenko). Will show a loss of 18 on the day if Ferrero wins so thankfully not a complete slaughter as is usual of late. Thankfully avoided backing Moya as he once again crashed and burned (3 bad losses in a row now). For todays anchors have gone with the currently hot Federer to beat veteran Aussie Draper. Also thrown in Hewitt on the basis that his opponent Malisse has generally the mental toughness of a sponge and tends to self destruct quite a bit. Hewitts been patchy but I’d still take Hewitt operateing at less than full capacity. TODAY 5 20 Unit Trebles Perm Federer to beat Draper (1.10) Hewitt to beat Malisse (1.20) With 1 from Kalefnikov to beat J.â€Cnut†Gambill (1.66) El Ayanoui to beat Spadea (1.66) Kuerten to beat Zabaleta (1.53) Schueltter to beat Koubek (1.28) Srichapan to beat Lopez (1.57) -------------------------------------------------------- BETS 203 - 212 6 20 Unit Trebles (POWERS) Perm Ferreo to beat Davydenko (1/4) & OUTSANDING Schalken to beat Lee (1/4) WON with 1 from Mantilla to beat Enquist (Evs) - LOST :x Miryni to beat Corrjeta (2/5) - OS :\ Robredo to beat Mathieu (1/2) – LOST :x Youzhny to beat Calleri (8/13) - WON :D Novak to beaat Rusedski (5/6) - LOST:x Kucera to beat Chela (5/6) - LOST :x 1 20 Unit Single Touznhy to beat Calleri (2.1) WON – RETURN 40.9 UNITS :D 20 Unit Singles (all Betfair pre comm.) Henman to beat Coria (2.04) – LOST :x Blake to beat Ferreria (1.8 - WON – RETURN 36.72 UNITS :D 10 Unit Single Vahaly to beat G :x

Guest smudge

Re: nice one it's a tough game this tennis lark aint it mate? keep it up though mate, i'm sure there are lots of others [besides me] watching your thread with interest!

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Yeah not as easy as it looked at first :lol ! Have a new improved "system" for football (a joint collaboration with great help and input from 2 other Loungers) that I'm really looking forward to trying. Am thinking of making another joint football-tennis thread (with tennis) throwing up some "bankers :\ " to increase the odds....will be ready to go about a month into the season when form has settled. Check your mail if you get a chance as I'm trying to sign up for Expekt through your link but I'm not sure if you'll get your just desserts ;) !

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Gutted again. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Federer’s heroics in saving 7 match points to win against Draper to no avail as Hewitt (yet again the cnut) manages to lose after being a set up. Three from 5 otherwise winning trebles down in flames and instead of a 25 unit profit am now showing a 100 unit loss for yesterday. The bank is down the lowest yet (almost -240 units) and it has all gone horribly wrong. I am in the midst of analyzing the bets to date and can say with confidence that I now where it has all gone tits up. The failure of low priced odds on anchors has destroyed me in the last 6 weeks. In my first 100 bets if taken as singles I had 11 anchor bets at less than 1.20. All 11 won and I showed a profit even as singles of 29.8 Units (14% yield) which is much as statistical evidence here would suggest that generally backing short priced favorites is a good strategy. Add in the fact that I am was scoreing nearly 50% on other bets priced on average at 6/5 and I was making a nice little profit. Since the end of June (Wimbeldon) I have been getting annihilated on bets less than 1.2. Moya (twice at 1.2), Gambill (burning 7 winners at 1.14), Hewitt (1.1). The difference between getting the banker in and not on the Gambill anchored trebles for example was 7 losing bets -140 Units on Gambill vs 160+ if he won …300 fcuking units of a difference is bad news for the bottom line. Hewitt was (and easy to be wise after the event) a stupid bet at 1.2. He is not in good form but even at that I felt he had enough to beat Malisse. Should have taken Ferrero as I had for my previous days bets Hewitt simply gave up the ghost in the last two sets and is not to be trusted for the foreseeable future. Am going to present an analysis of the best taken if they had been singles soon (225 bets after these 8 today) but for the short term the downward trend is really a downer. My yield is just over -5.21% and I want to try and claw some ground back so I am going to go for higher priced bets as anchors to boost the odds. If I go down I’ll go down in flames. My banker will be the the German grinder Schuellter to beat Nieminen (1/3) and Lopez against the hopefully tireing legs of veteran Andy Martin. It was a toss up between this match and taking Youznhy vs Martin so have plumped eventually for the more consistent Lopez. Should really be betting singles today as there are lots of attractive match ups but I want to make a more concerted effort at reduceing my deficit. This goes down then I’m looking a loss of 160 Units on the day which will not be funny 8 20 Unit Trebles – All Powers :eek :eek :eek Perm Lopez to beat Martin (8/13) & Schuellter to beat Nieminen (1/3) With 1 from Ginepri to beat Okun 4/11 Fererro to beat Gaston (4/11) Santoro to beat Saretta (5/6) Miryni to beat Enquist (1/2) Schalken to beat Blake (5/6) Youzhny to beat Moodie (4/9) Gonzalez to beat Chela (4/7) Malisse to beat Fish (Evs)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one And a little something from the Ladies Powers just priced up the Ladies and should have gone with some of these as the anchor for the mens matches but too late now. Anyway.. Doubles from 4 (Powers) 6 20 Unit Bets Myskina to beat Pratt (1/2) Black to beat Bovina (15/8) Suarez to beat Pierce (Evs) Petrova to beat Pascual (1/5)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one Lopez blows it in 2 sets and with it another 160 units....going to wrap it up at 5,000 Units staked and let the dust settle before trying to analsye the fallout. With that in mind 5000 UNITS (muted drum roll oweing to carnage of last few days........................) Perm 3 20 Unit Doubles POWERS Clement to beat Rusedski (5/6) with 1 from Fonzalez to beat Chela (4/7) El Ayanoui to beat Zabaleta (4/6) Malisse to beat Fish (Evs) Perm 3 25 Unit Trebles POWERS Dechy to beat Zagula (1/2) Clement to beat Rusedski (5/6) with 1 from Fonzalez to beat Chela (4/7) El Ayanoui to beat Zabaleta (4/6) Malisse to beat Fish (Evs)

Guest cjamars

Re: nice one NASTY…how to lose 271 Units in 1 Day. Semi Suicidal betting yesterday (never bet mad I suppose) has left me the grand total of 510.71 Units down on a total staked of 5,000…. Time for analysis, rethink and return…………….. This thread is temporarily suspended :\

Guest smudge

Re: nice one absolutely gutted for you chris! been some shockers lately - i should know! i hope you get back to this mate as i am sure you can pull it around in time! all the best!

• 1 month later...
Guest cjamars

Re: Tennis - Possible to make money with no 0 knowledge??? Thx for the input Joe. The visual element is one that I am lacking in the absence of a TV so any info re styles etc I am trying to glean from the stats and anything on tour websites at the end of the day. Good day today. 5 of 6 settled bets coming in and the 2 unsettled ones look like they might come off too. Want to tidy up the account so posting with the results of two bets to be confirmed. No major shocks today in the Stella Artois. In Halle Kafenikov went out in a 3 set marathon against an otherwise out of form Kecera. Henman struggled againt Sanguinnetti. My banker bets (Dent, Federer, Bjorkman) were very comfortable winners although Federer was 3 games down in the first before getting his finger out. He must be a very good shout for the Halle Open having negotiated the tricky opener with Sargisan. Current yield is just over 6% and if I can maintain that at the current average odds I will be on track to meet my goal of (assumening I can make another 750 bets!!). Again not going to get carried away by sudden fluctuations upwards or downwards and trying to stay focused on having my nose ahead at year end rather than barely an 1/8th of the way through the campaign. ---------------------------------------- BETS 60 – 67 5 20 UNIT DOUBLES Perm Taylor Dent 1.28 to beat Robert Kendrick with –Easy for Dent in 2 :D Gambill to beat Enqvist (1.66) – :D – RETURN 41.54 UNITS Kratcochvil to beat Carraz (1.57) – :D – RETURN 40.41 UNITS Ginepri to beat Ruseddski (2.75) – :x – ONLY JUST LOST Sanguinetti to beat Waske (1.61) – WON – RETURN 41.54 UN Sluiter to beat Voinea (1.44) – :D – RETURN 37.14 UNITS 2 20 UNIT TREBLES Federer to beat Sargisan (1.20) & Bjorkman to beat Abel (1.20) with Santoro to beat Vahaly (1.57) – SUSPENED in 3rd ??? Youznhy to beat Mathieu (1.44) – WON – RETURN 40.44 UNITS 1 20 UNIT DOUBLE Malisse to beat Karlovic (3/10) - WON :D Hewitt to beat Sluiter (1/6) – TO PLAY TOMORROW Update after Bet 67 – 2 BETS TO SETTLE BET SUMMARY TO DATE BETS 67 (W31 / L 34 / OS 2) STRIKE RATE : TBC AVERAGE ODDS: 2.37 STAKED 1,375 UNITS RETURN 1,459.22 UNITS - TBC PROFIT +84.22 UNITS - TBC YIELD +6.13%- TBC START BANK 2,000 UNITS CURRENT BANK 2,084.22 UNITS ROI +4.21% -------------------------------------------- YOU SHALL KNOW MY VELOCITY ;)