Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08

mowgli77

Amber Queen 4.05 Sandown (WIN) I wrote this a while ago:

Debut race behind Aqlaam has worked out well with numerous winners and went on from there to win at York, coming 4 1/2l clear of the second and won commandingly. Likely to improve again and one worth following.
It turned out at odds on lto and disappointed when running too freely and using up too much energy early on in the race. Still improving and one I think highly of. Won on heavy ground at York in very convincing style over 7f. Hoping to gain compensation for last time and expecting a decent run today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08 210 Brighton: Liberation This one ran really well at Sandown on his debut, meeting trouble in running and still finishing third in a big field. This looks much, much easier and the pedigree says he will be ok on the soft ground. Main danger on the ratings doesnt run and of the others Barood looks a likely improver but a repeat of Liberations debut would be good enough.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08 4.20 Doncaster: Filios Ran well on UK debut for new yard at Ascot last month over 2f further. Should have come for that first run, handles cut so ground conditions shouldn't inconvenience and should help with this slower surface today making the 10f more of a test especially as opposed by a couple of front runners. Fairly open fare and wouldn't be a surprise if this one went in at a bit of a price. Currently 8/1 Paddypower. WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08 San 3.30 Atlantic Sport 1pt win Followed this horse this season and mixed fortunes so far. Won fto a pretty cosily but then having travelled so well, he failed to pick up and was only second although that wasnt too bad a win under a penalty, his latest run so him come third in a decent looking race at good. and possibly he didnt quite see out the trip as well as he suggested. Moved down in trip today which I think will suit and on softer ground which whilst he is unproven on I have a feeling may not be a huge hindrance, indeed after his 'flop' at don. last season it was suggested he needed slower ground. Still entered in a group 1 which suggests high hopes still.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08 7.50 Great Leighs First Choice carries top weight for this class 5 handicap over the minimum distance. Kevin Ryan's filly lost her maiden tag at Musselburgh at the end of July when making all to hold on to score by a head from Prime Mood (engaged in the 2.35 at Donc today). That form was nothing to get too carried away about as there were only four runners that day, but she put in a decent effort over course and distance last time out from an unfavourable draw. She made her handicap debut running off 72 on that occassion but mixed it with higher rated rivals in class 4 company. She was only a neck off the 80-rated 4th and the 3rd and 1st too were rated in the 80's. As she drops in grade tonight (class 5), she will face weaker opposition and possesses the highest rating in the field. From a better draw (stall 4 as opposed to stall 10 last time) she could have strong claims for the king of the sand, Neil Callan. 4/1 Blue Square 1 pt win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08 4.40 Sandown Now it's September I'm in full 2yo mode! The market had hardly formed early this morning so didn't bother writing up until now. I instantly thought this race lacked depth and it's no surprise to them bet double-figures bar two on betfair. Khan Tengri is current fav for Marcus Tregoning. Was well beaten in a Class 2 Goodwood maiden on debut and there have been mixed messages with regards to the form - common for a Goodwood maiden with many 2yo's not acting on the course. Stepped up on that NTO when 3rd to On Our Way at Sandown. The winner was an easy winner that night and ran ok in a Listed event NTO. Bar that the form hasn't worked out, the 2nd was 8/13 in an Ayr maiden NTO, the 4th was 11/14 NTO, the 7th was 4/5 NTO beaten a long way and unplaced again since and the 8th has been unplaced twice since. Not saying he can't win, should act on the going, but it wouldn't have to be a good horse to beat him. However, I think the 2nd fav King Of Wands has the potential to be decent. Was outpaced on his debut before staying on nicely to finish 8th of 17 to Wingwalker at Newmarket. I've spoke about the race already as it's working out well - 2nd, 3rd, 5th all winning well NTO and 4th running well up in class yesterday. By Galileo so the extra furlong here will help (certain to stay further) and will act on the soft ground. Would only have to show a similar level of form to take this IMO and given than Dunlop horses improve from their first to second run more than other stable he must go well. I was worried about the form of the yard yesterday but with Fearless Warrior winning twice lately and Perks sluicing up yesterday they could be coming into form again. Racing Post Trophy and Derby entry and I'd imagine the yard fully expect him to go close at least today. Recession Proof is over the odds at 110 on betfair. He ran in another maiden that I think will turn out to be decent and he could show more this time and let us know if there are nursery possibilities later on. King Of Wands - WIN BET

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08 19-50 Great FIRST CHOICE This is it i hope,been waitin on this running at great leighs,has only ever been placed once but won against odds on prime mood.Lto had a very bad start when hung right from the gates (bad draw also),was under pressure from halfway and started hanging left but kept on to finish 5th.Neil callan back on board tonight and i think first choice will make it count.my bet of the season so far:hope 1pt win GET ON!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 11/09/08

7.20 Great Leighs Bienheureux Very consistent and always runs his race in these type of races. Very interesting jockey booking Callan up have a look the last couple of times hes ridden this one. A decent bet tonight.
Damn second again:wall:wall:wall:cry:cry